** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - The US Open 2011

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Thanks for that Czech, still backing her though. What a match the fans have on grandstand with Soderling not playing. 2 qualifiers, one of which is a lucky loser and the other without a proper ranking. Money well spent those fans will think :lol

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 What do we think of the Williams Lisicki to go over 2.5 sets @2.25 on paddy power? i was thinking this myself now i see fishy sayin it could be a tight game, im not sharp on the tennis but ive been having some good results with the womens recently just feels like this will happen.. also i had the M.Keys v L.Safora game to be over 2.5 [email protected] which just went 6-3 5-7:D

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 double on isner and petrova. Isner beat baghdatis convincingly in the last game they played even though it was a 3 set game. It was clear who is more inform. petrova beat ana ivanovic in the last game they met 2 sets to luv, hercog is a weaker opposition in comparison to ivanovic. good luck:hope

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011

OK I see another huge value for tonight ! Venus Williams to overplay Lisicki is rated 2.27 @ Pinnacle [...snip...]
tailing u at 2.440 Pinnacle :beerNeed some cash and need it quick LOL. Unbelievable price, but what poor bookies should have done with that when Venus did not play at all for half of the year.... edit: two minutes later the bet was cancelled by Pinnacle. Something happened... edit2: Venus withdrew, LOL

I will continue to back Inser he is playing maybe his best tennis this summer, winning tittles will give him the confidence he need, and in front of home crowd, he will be strong motivated to show his skills and he believe he is able to do something big for sure. Baghdatis is far away from his best days and he doesnt deserve his ranking position IMO. I see Inser winning this one with 3:0 or 3:1 and the odds are must take Inser (-2.5) sets is juicy at Pinnacle @ 3.44 and just in case 3:1 CS @ Centerbet @ 4.00
that was nice one.... :) Vinus Willliams is out due to virus.... and Pironkova lost 2:0 as expected.... so not a single losing tip yesterday :D

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Petra Martic - Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova I think the odds on this match are not set correct, as Pavlyuchenkova is not in kind a form to be justified with around 1.3-1.4 odds...Players had different path to the second round as Pavlyuchenkova eased through Tatishvili with a score of 6-2 6-2, but that score is not telling everything. AP had only 44% of 1st serves in and managed 5 aces, but she also made 9 double faults, with Ana Tatishvili having 11 opportunities to break Pavlyuchenkova, but managed only 4 times. Anastasia had 10 break point oppurtunities and managed to convert 7 of them. She also had 9 UE and only 5 winners. Pavlyuchenkova is 20/10 this year on hard, but in last month she only managed to beat Dushevina, Vinci and Tatishvili, while she lost to Martinez Sanchez, Pennetta and Na Li. On the other side we have 20 year old croatian girl Petra Martic who had a tough match up in first round against Barbora Zahlavova Strycova, where she managed to put 60% of first serves in with 4 aces and 6 double faults. She had 30 Unforced errors and 39 winners and manage to break Zahlavova 3 times in 4 oppurtunities, while Zahlavova also had 4 oppurtunities for a break, but managed to convert two break points. Petra Martic is 16/7 this year on hard and in last month she managed to win against Riske, Niculescu, Hradecka, Suarez Navarro, Martinez Sanchez, Vesnina, Wickmayer and Zahlavova Strycova, with 2 losses only against top 10 players A. Radwanska and Zvonareva. We can safely say that Martic is in better form than Pavlyuchenkova, even if Anastasia may have better potential at the moment gap between these two players is not that big as odds suggest. Pick: Martic +3.5 games, 2.00 odds Bet365 The winner plays with a winner of Jankovic-Dokic match.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Berdych vs Fognini: Over 29.5 games @2,02 Pinnacle Jumped on it in the very second I saw this. Well, Fognini is much better on clay than on hard, that's true. But he managed to beat Berdy in their only match so far (was on clay in 2009), and that counts. Fognini defeated Zeballos in R1, produced 11 aces, and I rate him much higher than the frenchman Jouan (ATP #229), who pushed Berdy into 28 games in their R1 match. Berdy retired two weeks ago due to shoulder problems (although it might as well have been the new Tomas' habit of retiring to Nole in the second :-), and the result with Jouan in R1 suggests he is not 100% fit yet. One tight set should be enough to make this bet to come thru. GL :hope

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Barthel - Scheepers 21 year old German Mona Barthel come into the match with 27 year old South African Chanelle Scheepers as a slight favourite which i can't quite understand. Yes she won against Martinez Sanchez in round one, but Spanish girl is just in a big slump at the moment. Barthel had 63% of first serves in, with 2 aces and 4 double faults along the way. She had to face 11 break point oppurtunities and luckily for her Martinez managed to convert just two of them, while Mona had 7 break points, converting four. She mainly played in ITF circuit last month, where she managed to win against Weinhold, both Pliskova sisters, Giorgi and Martinez Sanchez two days ago, which you can see is the best achievement. She is 99 on WTA rankings, which is the highest she has ever been, so we can say that she is on the up. Nevertheless i think that Scheepers will be too much for her. She beat Keothavong in round one, where both players played miserably, with UE after UE. Scheepers had 55% of first serves in with 1 ace and 3 double faults. She broke Keothavong 5 times of 10 oppurtunities, while she had to face 7 break points of which two were converted by the Brit. Scheepers played a lot in last month, so she should be match fit. Before Keothavong she won against Hampton, Konta, Marino, Arvidsson and Alla Kudryatseva, while she lost with Kerber, Kvitova, Watson and Zahlavova Strycova. We can see that she managed to beat some established players, while Mona Barthel was playing mainly on ITF tour. That's why i believe this would be a win for Scheepers, with which she will play either Lucic or Schiavone in third round. Pick: Chanelle Scheepers 1.9 odds Bet365

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Sport Tennis Event Bubka-Tsonga Selection Bubka +8.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 01/09/2011 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 2.20 Reasoning I see troubles for Tsonga in this game, Bubka is not easy match up in this moment. Ukrainian player won Q here and in yesterday first round match beat Andreas Haider-Maurer from Austria in 4 sets. Bubka serve looked amazing - 25 aces, concended only one serve game! Tsonga beat Lu 6-4, 6-4, 6-4. In this moment Bubka is be able to beat Lu and I see more troubles for Jo-Wilfried than this match against Yen-Hsun. Tsonga win it, but after close match.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Alejandro Falla vs Tommy Haas - Alejandro Falla (-1.5) @ 1.91 Pinnacle (6/10) You just have to respect Falla's win over Troicki eventhough his results recently havent been impressive at all. Colombian did well according to reports and i believe he'll revenge for his defeat at USO from Haas two years ago. Not much difference between these two but Haas was long time out of serious tennis and i expect Falla to win this easier than expected. Haas needed 4th set to beat de Veigy, unknown frenchman who is currently 247th player on ATP rank list. GL Gael Monfils vs JC Ferrero - JC Ferrero (+6.5) @ 2.01 Pinnacle (6/10) JCF is first of all an aging claycourter and a former no 1 player. This surface is not his favourite one and he'll hardly beat player like Monfils, who is doing great lately. However, spaniard has weapons to beat Monfils, he's quite good from the baseline and has some shots which could trouble Monfils. Also, Gael is known for his poor mentality when being in heavy favourite role so this line seems a bit unfair and i'll try to take advantage of it. I dont believe that Ferrero will beat Monfils in the end but he is more than capable of taking one set at least. GL

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Yesterday Alexandra Dulgheru v Monica Niculescu Over 22.5 games :( Shuai Peng 2-0 against Tsvetsana Pironkova :D Madison Keys +5.5 to beat Lucie Safarova :D 2/3 yesterday. Dulgheru was disappointing after her win against Kvitova and collapsed to a heavy defeat, while Peng came through easily against Pironkova as expected. A very impressive first set from Keys almost secured the handicap from there and she is definitely one for the future. A couple for later today now: Jie Zheng +4 to beat Andrea Petkovic. 2.04 @ Pinnacle While Petkovic has been in good form recently, there are injury concerns surrounding her. After her first round match, she explained, “I have a hairline fracture in my right knee and I’m just not 100%. I worked day and night to make it better. I played with a pill and yes everyone can see the tape. I try to play to the limit but the pain is in charge of what I do. I’m sensible of course. If the knee does swell up more than it has I will not play on and risk making it worse. My only goal is to attempt to play and compete in the second round." Jie Zheng had a pretty horrible start to the year, but has found some form in the past couple of tournaments. A couple of decent runs has given her some much needed time on the court and as a former top 20 player, she definitely has the talent if she can only get into the groove again. I fancy her to stick close to Petkovic. Shahar Peer -4.5 to beat Sloane Stephens. 1.86 @ Pinnacle Peer has hardly been in inspiring form recently, despite a final appearance last month. However, she should be a level above her American opponent here, who required a final set tie-break to see of Jani in the previous round. I explained what I thought about Stephens when going against her in the previous round and my opinions haven't really changed too much. Prone to hit a lot of errors, she was only able to progress due to the inexperience of her opponent and the backing of the crowd. Peer has far more experience and I can see it being a comfortable victory for the Israeli. Gisela Dulko +6.5 to beat Victoria Azarenka. 1.8 @ Ladbrokes Dulko has been poor for much of this summer, but has found some form at the right time. She has been serving very well in the past couple of weeks and her groundstrokes have been looking crisp and accurate. She progressed against Azarenka last year when she retired at 5-1 down in the first set. Azarenka cruised through her first round match and continued the decent form she showed from her last tournament. She is rightly a big favourite here, but if Dulko can continue serving well, it is perfectly possible that she can cover the relatively large handicap.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Marin Cilic vs Bernard Tomic - Over 39.5 @ 1.81 Pinnacle (5/10) Usually i dont like taking such high margins but i have to give it a go this time. Odds are favouring Cilic(1.60), imho a bit too much but despite that i think he will prevail in this one. Personally, i expect very tough match. Both players are actually of quite similar skills, strong service and good play from the baseline but also both are not too consistent and are rarely winning their opponents in straight sets and without difficulties. Since this surface suits both perfectly i hope at least one TB will come up, and i will be surprised if this will finish in 3 sets. This is potential five-setter and will try that with lower stake. GL. Ivo Karlovic vs Richard Gasquet - Ivo Karlovic (+4.5) @ 1.85 Pinnacle (4/10) Tough call and its more a hunch than a bet based on logics. Gasquet is a good returner indeed and he proved that over the years but somehow i dont rate him as a player who will win this match in 3 sets especially after Ivo's serve was pretty consistent against Gonzalez. When Karlovic serves well than its really hard to cover this line. This is probably the best possible surface for the croatian giant, he said he feels well lately and i hope he'll take at least one set off Gasquet. GL

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Tsonga Bubka OVER 27.5 games @ 4/6 (Bet365) Not a huge price but the line seem a bit low here considering how Bubka is doing on serve. Came through qualifiers and beat Haider-Maurer in rd 1 hitting 25 aces in that one. Tsonga isnt in the same class as the top guys when it comes to returning so hopefully Bubka continues to serve well. Tsonga was in control of Lu in rd 1 but still needed 30 games to dispose of him. Hope for one tight enough set to help get this over the line.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Few matches have been played, so I can get involved as well. Pavlyuchenkova > Jankovic. 2.10 @ Bwin (6/10) Jelena Jankovic picked up a back injury in her 2nd round win against Dokic, that is a huge worry. She's playing doubles here as well which obviously doesn't help. Pavlyuchenkova is 2-0 against Jankovic, both matches on hard courts and with JJ being not 100% simply have to back the Russian here. I like her fighting qualities and she has beaten fully fit Jankovic couple times, so should be able to get a W against injured JJ. 2.10 is a starting price @ BWIN and should drop. Taking this one straight away, besides this is very good option as there won't be a void in case of a retirement. Wawrinka -6 vs Young. 1.85 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Stan should have a comfortable afternoon. Young is very talented but has no brain and that is the bottom line. I don't like his serve, and backhand is terrible as well. Beating Lacko is no big deal. The Slovak should not be playing outside Challengers. Wawrinka made quarterfinals here last year and will fancy his chances to make similar run. Young has been really poor in some of his latest matches and those were against average players. If Wawrinka doesn't fool around, this handicap will be covered with something to spare. Mayer -7.5 vs Lisnard. 1.83 @ Pinnacle (6/10) It's bizarre how many amateur players have made into the main draw this year. Lisnard is one of them. He's played 4 really tough matches (including qualies) and should be fatigued. He's a part-timer, besides will be 32 this month. Mayer dropped just 3 games against Mannarino and this should be as easy as that one. Handicaps or unders - which ever you prefer. In my case it's handicap. Lisnard might surive the first set and maybe even steal it in the tie-break. Not more than that, though. Benneteau -5.5 vs Istomin. 2.04 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Benneteau will be very well prepared for this match as he played one braindead player this week, crushing poor Nicolas Almagro. Denis Istomin is exactly the same type of player. Can be good on serve, but mentally is incredibly weak, can check out of matches in no time. Having won one match, he might not be that much interested in making more progress. Benny had fantastic week in Winston Salem and is peaking at the right time. Has to be too strong for Istomin. Playing handicap here as 5.5. games in best of 5 sets match is not that much to cover. Could even lose a set and still do the job. Blake +6.5 vs Ferrer. 1.85 @ Bwin (3/10) On paper this might seem like a bad idea to back Blake, even on a handicap but I like his chances in this match. He's hit or miss, very erratic but has got the game that can work against Ferrer. The Spaniard lack serve and with Blake smashing winners all over the court, it could be really cracking match to watch. Like it's always the case with the American. He will be broken a few times for sure but Ferrer can not hold that easy. Interesting thing here is that Blake has beaten Ferrer both times they've played and I can see where that is coming from. If he doesn't make silly mistakes he'll be in this one. Garrigues vs Zvonareva. 18.5 games. 1.85 @ Pinnacle (4/10) Flavia Pennetta is finally having some form and confidence as well. She has got decent baseline game and should be good to make some runs against inconsistent Sharapova. She could have lost against Watson in the first round. Having dropped just two games against Yakimova, I expect Sharapova to be a bit more careless with her game and that will present the Italian with some chances, I believe. She has got the power. The fact that all three matches they've played have gone to three sets, back my claim for overs in this match. 18.5 games looks a bit short here. Good luck 2 everyone! :hope

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 James Blake to beat David Ferrer @ 3.50 bet365 No way i'll miss these odds. This has the potential to become a very close match and 3.50 on JB is really too much. Ferrer struggles a lot lately, i watched him against Simon in Cincinatti and it's obvious that this surface doesnt suit him at all. Blake will trouble him with his service, and he also has weapons from the baseline. Blake seems to be rising his form lately and i just can't see him being such underdog in this matchup. Blake won both of their mutual matches and both were played on hard. Ivan Ljubicic to beat David Nalbandian @ 2.10 Sportingbet I was surprised to see Ljubo being an underdog here. I rate him as a slight favourite not because of his good form but because i think Nalbandian is not showing anything special lately and is beatable by Ljubo. Also, Ljubo's mixture of boring play from baseline and accurate and fast service is always a big weapon for him at such tournaments, along with his experience. Odds should be other way around.

Petra Martic - Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova I think the odds on this match are not set correct, as Pavlyuchenkova is not in kind a form to be justified with around 1.3-1.4 odds...Players had different path to the second round as Pavlyuchenkova eased through Tatishvili with a score of 6-2 6-2, but that score is not telling everything. AP had only 44% of 1st serves in and managed 5 aces, but she also made 9 double faults, with Ana Tatishvili having 11 opportunities to break Pavlyuchenkova, but managed only 4 times. Anastasia had 10 break point oppurtunities and managed to convert 7 of them. She also had 9 UE and only 5 winners. Pavlyuchenkova is 20/10 this year on hard, but in last month she only managed to beat Dushevina, Vinci and Tatishvili, while she lost to Martinez Sanchez, Pennetta and Na Li. On the other side we have 20 year old croatian girl Petra Martic who had a tough match up in first round against Barbora Zahlavova Strycova, where she managed to put 60% of first serves in with 4 aces and 6 double faults. She had 30 Unforced errors and 39 winners and manage to break Zahlavova 3 times in 4 oppurtunities, while Zahlavova also had 4 oppurtunities for a break, but managed to convert two break points. Petra Martic is 16/7 this year on hard and in last month she managed to win against Riske, Niculescu, Hradecka, Suarez Navarro, Martinez Sanchez, Vesnina, Wickmayer and Zahlavova Strycova, with 2 losses only against top 10 players A. Radwanska and Zvonareva. We can safely say that Martic is in better form than Pavlyuchenkova, even if Anastasia may have better potential at the moment gap between these two players is not that big as odds suggest. Pick: Martic +3.5 games, 2.00 odds Bet365 The winner plays with a winner of Jankovic-Dokic match.
Result 4-6 6-2 4-6 Bet won

Barthel - Scheepers 21 year old German Mona Barthel come into the match with 27 year old South African Chanelle Scheepers as a slight favourite which i can't quite understand. Yes she won against Martinez Sanchez in round one, but Spanish girl is just in a big slump at the moment. Barthel had 63% of first serves in, with 2 aces and 4 double faults along the way. She had to face 11 break point oppurtunities and luckily for her Martinez managed to convert just two of them, while Mona had 7 break points, converting four. She mainly played in ITF circuit last month, where she managed to win against Weinhold, both Pliskova sisters, Giorgi and Martinez Sanchez two days ago, which you can see is the best achievement. She is 99 on WTA rankings, which is the highest she has ever been, so we can say that she is on the up. Nevertheless i think that Scheepers will be too much for her. She beat Keothavong in round one, where both players played miserably, with UE after UE. Scheepers had 55% of first serves in with 1 ace and 3 double faults. She broke Keothavong 5 times of 10 oppurtunities, while she had to face 7 break points of which two were converted by the Brit. Scheepers played a lot in last month, so she should be match fit. Before Keothavong she won against Hampton, Konta, Marino, Arvidsson and Alla Kudryatseva, while she lost with Kerber, Kvitova, Watson and Zahlavova Strycova. We can see that she managed to beat some established players, while Mona Barthel was playing mainly on ITF tour. That's why i believe this would be a win for Scheepers, with which she will play either Lucic or Schiavone in third round. Pick: Chanelle Scheepers 1.9 odds Bet365
Result 4-6 5-7 Bet won

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Tsonga/Bubka overs worked for me, see a few for today aswell. Niculescu +3.5 games vs Safarova @ 1.72 (PPower) I keep saying how inconsistent Safarova is, she really is ridiculous at times, when she's good she is very good but I think she'll have anoher tough one today after struggling past Keys(who looks a real talent) and Rybarikova who had barely done anything in recent months both in 3 sets. Niculescu is quite an unorthodox player and can prove tricky for some, she hasn't had a really tough test yet but disposed of the annoying Mayr-Achleitner and then compatriot Dulgheru who to be fair to her physically fell away in the second set. But Niculescu's serve stats have been quite good, think she can play a competitive match today against Safarova too.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Pennetta Sharapova OVER 18.5 games @ 1.80 (Bwin) The price has since lowered on this. Pennetta hasnt been at her best over the US hardcourt season, she said she has had some injury issues which is believable as she usually does well over these months in previous years. But she has looked comfortable here at the US so far, easily beating Rezai and Oprandi. Sharapova is another step up but you never know what you'll get from her, Watson caused her loads of problems while she killed Yakimova who is crap. Pennetta has always played tough matches with Maria and now that she's finding some form again, I think she can be competitive tonight aswell.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Was busy yesterday but 4 for me today in these first couple of rounds which have been a shocker for me. Jean-Rene Lisnard vs Florian Mayer- Mayer -7.5 handicap- 4/5 Bet365- (5/10) With a few others on this one. Already been mentioned that Lisnard has played some grueling matches to qualify and he isn't the youngest of guys so I can't see him being fresh out of the traps today. When he has played some good players this year, he really hasn't been able to do much, hammered by Tomic and Troicki most notably. Mayer hasn't come into this week with any form but the win over Mannarino should see some confidence restored in the German, and he should be able to record a comfortable win here to book his place in round 3. Rafael Nadal vs Nicolas Mahut- Mahut +8.5 handicap- Evens Coral- (4/10) I'm still expecting Rafa to make at least the semis this year but I don't seem him really getting into his stride until the next round. Once he conquers Mahut, he should be in good enough shape to really start turning it on and winning his matches very comfortably but not sure that'll happen today. He has traditionally had problems with the big servers; Isner at the French Open, Lacko and Karlovic at the start of the year and Dodig only a couple of weeks ago. Not sure why he does struggle this much but fact is he isn't as comfortable against them. Mahut will bomb down his serve on a consistent basis, and come to the net a fair bit, something which given Rafa's form, won't be ideal for the Spaniard as his passing shots weren't outstanding in the first round against Golubev. Mahut did well to come down from 2 sets down and get through his round one match, and he should be competitive and keep it reasonably tight here I'd fancy. He's beaten Rafa incredibly thus far in their only match so he won't be scared, and he can go out and enjoy himself and keep it respectable. Andy Murray vs Robin Haase- Murray -7.5 handcap- Evens Coral- (4/10) Reckon there could be one tight set but I actually think Murray will win this a bit to spare. Haase isn't the best defensively so he will have to go out all attack to stand any chance with Andy, but that will play into Murray's hands. Those sort of battles he loves and can see him frustrating the hell out of Haase and eventually not sure Haase will fancy it too much. He has struggled when playing the top 10 players in the past year or so, Fish has beaten him comfortably in the past 2 grand slams, whilst Soderling easily beat him in Indian Wells, and Djokovic won well at the back end of last season. Murray looked better and better as the match went on against Devvarman, and I expect him to really enjoy today and show why he is tipped for this week. John Isner vs Robby Ginepri- Ginepri +4.5 handicap- 17/10 Coral- (3/10) This could go on for a while and whilst Isner will probably win, he could well do it in a tie break on the fifth. Ginepri although being plagued with injuries has a history with the slam. Made the semis back in 2005, where he took Agassi to 5 in the semis and he will like nothing better to roll back the years against his fellow American. He beat big John in their last match in 2009, and in the other meeting Isner was a narrow winner. Isner isn't the kind of guy who usually demolishes his opponents and a lengthy match with some tight sets, we could see a real good contest between the two and hopefully Ginepri can be competitive to see the handicap through.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Julien Benneteau - Denis IStomin | Benneteau -5 1.9@bet365 7/10! Sorry little bit late, , just wok eup and picked benneteau insteadly here. Julien is in superb form, he has enormous run in Winston Salem, and overplayed Almagro very easily, Almagro is one of thouse eratic players, who have mental problems. Nothing really to add just easy win for Benneteau here. :hope