** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - The US Open 2011

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011

Pennetta's odds have gone up 15 cents with my local punting agency, any reasoning why? Pennetta injured? Exhausted? Any info would be highly appreciated :unsure
It means nothing. Vera Zvonareva pulled out of the womens doubles, so with the illness in the female camp, I thought I would be okay with my ante-post bet on Sabine Lisicki, but Zvonareva beat her easily.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Can't believe that everyone is in the Pennetta camp without mentioning her match with Peng. Do you people watch the games? Pennetta was absolutely dead on her feet. She was dry heaving on the pitch and there were worries that she would collapse (it certainly looked like she shouldn't have been out there). I don't know how much of an impact a day's rest will have had but I wouldn't be backing her at the prices on offer under the circumstances. I'll admit that Kerber is no world beater but she made the final in Dallas whereas Pennetta's US hard court form pre-US Open is 6 matches 2 wins 4 defeats. Brianti, Zakopalova, Voskoboeva and Hantuchova aren't exactly top 10 players either.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 I've been debating mentally if I should play Ferrer despite somewhat disappointing odds for him (imo), my thoughts as posted elsewhere, Both players have had generous draws up unto this point, but espescially Roddick. Instead of being impressed I find myself concerned, espescially when you look at first two matches. Russell and Sock both had several BP opportunities, in multiple sets they weren't able to take advantage of. Benneteau match...well, the French wildcard didn't look like he even arrived on court with nearly 40 UEs and not putting much of a fight. Ferrer is the type of player though who, if presented with sufficient BP opportunities WILL take advantage. Now, i look at the davis cup match, where he beat Roddick in 3 straight sets, on VERY fast courts in Austin, TEXAS! If you do not know, Austin, Texas is the actual city Andy Roddick LIVES AND CALLS HOME. so a true homecoming. So in short, these two have already played a match on fast hard courts, an Important match with stakes, which was also best of 5 sets, and in the very recent past. All of the factors (hard courts/motivation/loud homecrowd support) would point toward Roddick a victory one might assume...yet Ferrer won in straight sets! I just don't believe nice victories over Russell, Sock, and Benneteau should give me strong belief in Roddick's run continuing. Only thing that has made me yet to play Ferrer is his somewhat short price (he was 2.5 in davis cup match, maybe higher) combined with the fact this match could have multiple sets decided by tiebreaker. GL

I've been debating mentally if I should play Ferrer despite somewhat disappointing odds for him (imo), my thoughts as posted elsewhere, Both players have had generous draws up unto this point, but espescially Roddick. Instead of being impressed I find myself concerned, espescially when you look at first two matches. Russell and Sock both had several BP opportunities, in multiple sets they weren't able to take advantage of. Benneteau match...well, the French wildcard didn't look like he even arrived on court with nearly 40 UEs and not putting much of a fight. Ferrer is the type of player though who, if presented with sufficient BP opportunities WILL take advantage. Now, i look at the davis cup match, where he beat Roddick in 3 straight sets, on VERY fast courts in Austin, TEXAS! If you do not know, Austin, Texas is the actual city Andy Roddick LIVES AND CALLS HOME. so a true homecoming. So in short, these two have already played a match on fast hard courts, an Important match with stakes, which was also best of 5 sets, and in the very recent past. All of the factors (hard courts/motivation/loud homecrowd support) would point toward Roddick a victory one might assume...yet Ferrer won in straight sets! I just don't believe nice victories over Russell, Sock, and Benneteau should give me strong belief in Roddick's run continuing. Only thing that has made me yet to play Ferrer is his somewhat short price (he was 2.5 in davis cup match, maybe higher) combined with the fact this match could have multiple sets decided by tiebreaker. GL
You make a strong case for Ferrer but one big difference between this and Austin: Ferrer is coming back from injury (think he fell off a motorbike back home in Spain). Played well against Mayer but was leaky on serve. Roddick's going to give this absolutely everything. He's at the end of his race, these moments are huge for him. Ferrer the better player for sure, apart from on serve. Odds too short on DF though and I'd be more inclined to nibble on the A-Rod handicap if someone clamped my balls in a monkey wrench and told me I had to bet on this match. However, nobody has done such a thing, and as I believe there are easier places to make money than this match elsewhere, I'd advise staying well clear.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Most likely will add few more later, short on time right now, so just couple pick on early matches. Stosur > Zvonareva. 2.23 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Would not have touched this yesterday as Stosur has played couple marathon matches in previous rounds. Yesterday being suspended due to rain made world of good for Stosur. She's won last seven matches against Zvonareva and I basically play this every single time. Two ball bashers with Sam being better server which more often than not makes the difference. Nadal vs Muller. > 31 games. 1.78 @ Pinnacle (5/10) I think this is a bit short considering Rafa and Muller played two tie-breaks in their last match in Wimbledon. Nadal should have lost in straight sets in round 1 against Golubev who really tested the Spaniard and should have lost the first set against Nalbandian as well. I reckon Mullers can get one set on a breaker in this match and that will be good to cover overs.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Still chewing that Simon-Isner match over and over. Isner is now well above 2.00, and Simon did not beat anyone lately with serve profile like 15 aces/2 DF. Karlovic steamrolled him in Indian Wells 63 63 this year ... but no doubt Simon overplays Big John in rallies by order of magnitude. Tough, reallly tough. And as to Tsonga-Fedex - aren't odds like 3,34 too high for a man that did beat Fedex in their last two meetings? Including Wimbledon this year? This ball eating frenchman seems really unstoppable by now.

You make a strong case for Ferrer but one big difference between this and Austin: Ferrer is coming back from injury (think he fell off a motorbike back home in Spain). Played well against Mayer but was leaky on serve. Roddick's going to give this absolutely everything. He's at the end of his race' date=' these moments are huge for him. Ferrer the better player for sure, apart from on serve. Odds too short on DF though and I'd be more inclined to nibble on the A-Rod handicap if someone clamped my balls in a monkey wrench and told me I had to bet on this match. However, nobody has done such a thing, and as I believe there are easier places to make money than this match elsewhere, I'd advise staying well clear.[/quote'] I'm firmly in the Ferrer camp. He's 5-3 head to head against Roddick and this is the worst incarnation of Roddick there's ever been. He hasn't looked great in some pretty simple matches and I don't think he'll have any answers to Ferrer tonight. Ferrer may be coming back from injury but he looked more than good enough against Mayer, who is a decent player and in better form than Roddick this year. Roddick is also off Ashe for the first ever time at the US Open (or something like that). I think that could work against him. I'm taking a (-2.5) handicap and think it'll be 3-1 tops.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 They should just disqualify Roddick for his comedy and mind games. Someone should tell him that it is not HIS tournament. It is so unfair to Ferrer, who is just gonna lose this. I mean, how can Roddick decide to change the court (just 600 seats, no TV coverage from the start, what a joke to call this a Slam)? WTF? Edit: Vamos Ferrer, cover the handicap :D

They should just disqualify Roddick for his comedy and mind games. Someone should tell him that it is not HIS tournament. It is so unfair to Ferrer, who is just gonna lose this. I mean, how can Roddick decide to change the court (just 600 seats, no TV coverage from the start, what a joke to call this a Slam)? WTF? Edit: Vamos Ferrer, cover the handicap :D
what happened mate? how are u watching this i cant see it anywhere? cheers

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 roger federer to win 3-0 at 3.2 on betfair is crazy. i cant think of a match he has had these odds other than nadal and maybe dokovic at french open. has to be taken after murray and nadal came through 3-0. i know tsonga has a win over him but federer looked immense against monaco. serve is on fire. forehand booming aswell. tsonga obviously has the capabaility to win a set or even the match but he played a 5 set match few days ago so maybe be a tad more tired which could help. but i just think the odds are appealing so going for it with winnings as such. will try watch it inplay aswell just in case but im out so not sure if i can

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 You can check the whole story elsewhere I guess, there was some water leaking on court and Roddick was making crazy scenes and rude comments about that (and forced them to change the court). And streams are available right now, although they were not at the beginning.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Roddick has had those antics for quite some time now, its a joke and he's known as a spoiled brat. Nice day for american tennis with Isner and Roddick advancing. Not sure why Ferrer didn't look prepared to play until the 3rd set, i'll be pretty surprised to see either advance into the SFs but we'll see what the bookies think.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Not posted in a while with the rain delays.

Karlovic to bt Dolgopolov @ 2.20.......:(....loss Stosur to win 4th quarter @ 4.50 ......;)....win
Dolgo too good for that clown Ivo, but Stosur came through her quarter at a nice price which was good to see, bookies definitely underestimated her there considering her history with Zvonareva and Lisicki is a bit overrated too.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 This was the worst incarnation of Ferrer I have seen this year. Zero return, feeble first serve. If he was allowed to place the return into court, he had chances, but this was simply not enough. I was in his camp, too, but this was because I got temporary attack of stupidity. I am now going for Tsonga to bt Ferderer @2.71 local bookie As I already mentioned, the French ball eater seems to be unstoppable right now. His serve is huge, and he did beat Federer in their last two meetings including Wimbledon match. Tsonga seems to be in at least as good shape he was in Wimbledon, and Federer is no more he used to be couple of years ago. I trust Tsonga to repeat his superb performance today again.

Well, Kvitova is a known choker that never achieved anything on hard US Open series after Wimbledon. Besides she was apparently influenced by some kind of virosis. After beating Kvitova, Dulgheru was bound to lose the next match as this is the normal scenario with weaker players. Niculescu did the job, and she then had luck to catch Safarova in one of her weak days when she was that much willing to win so that she simply UEd herself into death. Not that Niculescu chpped forehands did not help her to do so :lol Now the next head on the plate was Niculescu, because the match after beating a fav scheme worked again. Besides that, Monica started to feel her abdominal muscle injury acquired couple of weeks ago, because this had to come up after playing that much matches. Kerber had her head on a silver plate. The bottom line is that NO WAY Kerber defeats Pennetta. The only way she can do it is that Flavia becomes drunk, or she will be seriously ill. But if you want to throw money away, this money is yours ...
As I said in the previous post to yours, there will probably be a good opportunity to trade at the end of each set. Both players were out to 9/1 at some stage before the 3rd set started. I hope you got out of trouble on Betfair.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Sport Tennis Event Isner - Murray Selection Over 35.5 Strength 10/10 Date 09/09/2011 Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 1.80 Reasoning Boylesports book make first under/over lines for this match and give gift for the players, really wrong line. Isner is Tiebreak master, in yesterday match against Simon won in 4 sets, all sets where win go to the Tiebreaks. Isner is one of the best server on the world, very hard to break for the everyone. Murray beat Young yesterday, but Donald is not John. Murray in second round have big troubles against big server Haase(5 sets). H2H look good for this bet.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 not US Open, but any thread for Challangers.. Sport Tennis Event Fabbiano - Zeballos Selection Fabbiano Strength 10/10 Date 09/09/2011 Bookmaker/Price Victor Chandler @ 3.50 Reasoning I feel suprise in the air.. Fabbiano is home player with good potential to be in TOP100 in future. Regular from the baseline, with very nice first serve. Play at home, big support from the crowd for him. Fabbiano beat two very good players - TOP100 Junqueira and experience Crugnola. Zeballos played against poor Pashanski and unexperience Burzi. In next week play in Poland in bigger tournament than this and maybe tanked today? Fabbiano is good shot

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Both nadal and Murray to win 3-0 are above evens on betfair! Look what happened last round! Know isner n roddick are good servers but nadal n Murray are two of the best returnees in the game easy. Murray may struggle to break back if he gets broken but isner is too big to stay with Murray in rallies which should happen if Murray return on song. Same with nadal too strong n athletic for roddick. Also do tie break in both at 3/10 as it's pretty much guaranteed. Odds of 2.38 for nadal n 2.20 for Murray will be taken for 3-0. Also do double for sake of it :)

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Murray -5.5 vs Isner. 1.85 @ Nordicbet. (7 pts) This is a quarterfinal and by this stage most players are a bit tired. Isner certainly will be spent sooner rather than later and playing two days in a row won't help. His game is built around serve and there were sings of problems already yesterday against Simon. The Frenchman broke him five times and it should have been even more. Murray will take care of Isner easily. He's got really good return game and will create enough chances to win this match by at least six games. He has played Isner couple times and has beaten him pretty easily on both occassions. It was 7-6, 6-3, 6-2 in Australian Open last year and 6-4, 6-2 in Hopman Cup this year. Bottom line - Isner will be tired and won't be able to get in as many aces as required to keep him interested in this contest.

Murray -5.5 vs Isner. 1.85 @ Nordicbet. (7 pts) This is a quarterfinal and by this stage most players are a bit tired. Isner certainly will be spent sooner rather than later and playing two days in a row won't help. His game is built around serve and there were sings of problems already yesterday against Simon. The Frenchman broke him five times and it should have been even more. Murray will take care of Isner easily. He's got really good return game and will create enough chances to win this match by at least six games. He has played Isner couple times and has beaten him pretty easily on both occassions. It was 7-6, 6-3, 6-2 in Australian Open last year and 6-4, 6-2 in Hopman Cup this year. Bottom line - Isner will be tired and won't be able to get in as many aces as required to keep him interested in this contest.
Agree100%! I've done Murray -4.5 on betfair also at 1.58 Can't see isner even getting a set off murray if he's on form. Happy days hopefully :)

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Yeah, have to agree with the lads above. Murray h'cap looks good to me aswell. Murray -5.5 games vs Isner @ 5/6 (Paddy Power) Think it will be one step too far for Isner and after a hard match with Simon, Murray is one of the worst match-ups he could face now. All Isner has in this match is the serve but I expect him to dip as the match goes on and Murray is a great returner so should carve out opportunities. Baseline rallies Murray has huge advantage. Seen them play in Australia last year and Murray was all over Isner's second serve, all things considered I'd expect Murray to come through in 3 or 4 sets here so hopefully the handicap is achievable.