** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - The US Open 2011

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011

Sport Tennis
Event Sloane Stephens - Reka-Luca Jani
Selection Sloane Stephens
Strength 1/10
Date 30/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.39
Reasoning US Open WTA Slam (USA) - hardcourt, round of 128 I think that Sloane Stephens will win. She is a very young, talented tennis player. She is playing at home so I give her more chances. Reka-Luca Jani is a weak player, she had to play in qualifing. Reka-Luca Jani won three matches but had big problems - she won two matches in three sets. She defeated Jingjing Lu in the last match but it was not easy match for her. The match lasted 148 minutes and her opponent had 14 break points. Reka-Luca Jani's service is not dangerous so I see many chances for Sloane Stephens .
Sport Tennis
Event Evgeniya Rodina - Petra Cetkovska
Selection Petra Cetkovska
Strength 1/10
Date 30/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.15
Reasoning Petra Cetkovska will play against Evgeniya Rodina in the first round at US Open and in my opinion she should win in two sets. She is in very good shape - played in the final at WTA New Haven. She showed really nice tennis. Petra won 7 matches in a row, defeated many good rivals like Agnieszka Radwanska, Na Li, Marion Bartoli. Petra Cetkovska doesn't like play against Rodina because Evgeniya Rodina leads 2-0 in head-to-head series. Evgeniya Rodina won against Cetkovska two times but they played on clay. Petra Cetkovska is in great shape. Rodina lost against Robin Anderson in the last match so I think she will have problems.
Sport Tennis
Event James Blake - Jesse Huta Galung
Selection James Blake
Strength 1/10
Date 30/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betsson @ 1.17
Reasoning James Blake is playing at home, he likes play on hardcourt. Blake has nice service, he possesses great forehand. He plays very good in rallies. Blake will play against Jesse Huta Galung for the first time but Jesse Huta Galung is not dangerous player. He usually plays at Challenger Tour. Jesse Huta Galung won three matches in qualifications without big problems but he played against poor rivals. James Blake's favourite surface is hardcourt, he likes play at home. Motivation must be high. He lost in the third round in the last year but he played against Novak Djokovic. Everyone knows how Djokovic plays on this surface. Odd at betsson is not high but I take it.
Sport Tennis
Event Simona Halep - Na Li
Selection Na Li
Strength 1/10
Date 30/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.11
Reasoning Simona Halep is a good, young, talented tennis player but Na Li should win without big problems. It will be first meeting between these players. Na Li is playing fantastic in this year - played in the final at Australian Open, she won French Open so she is very dangerous. Simona Halep lost against Johanna Larsson in the last match at WTA Dallas so she is without big shape. Larsson won in two sets. The match lasted 68 minutes. Halep played at this tournament for the first time a year ago and she lost against Jelena Jankovic. Na Li lost in the first round, too. Na Li plays great in rallies so I see many break points for her. Li likes play on hardcourt, she played in the final at Australian Open this year.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Hey Crack, looking at your 4 selections you have given them each 1/10 strength. Is this because you are not confident of them? I was thinking of doing them as an accumulator, but they dont even equate to an even money return. Shall I just do them as singles? :cigar

Hey Crack' date=' looking at your 4 selections you have given them each 1/10 strength. Is this because you are not confident of them? I was thinking of doing them as an accumulator, but they dont even equate to an even money return. Shall I just do them as singles? :cigar[/quote'] you are right mate, these picks are not useful to anyone. He is just trying to cheat the competition, to make the biggest % of YIELD and to win money. He doesnt carry for the tipsters or for the site, but just for the prize. He got 1 winning pick with high stakes and high odds, and more than 10 picks with just 1 stake, keeping the % high enough. Such tipster are not only useless for the other members of the forum, but also are ruining the competition. so dont follow any of his tips, he is not posting here to help someone, he is just trying to keep his yield % as high as possible :))

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Average night tonight, with a small loss. Would have broke even if Niland had played on as the unders was rolling home. Apparently he was ill so alas, what can you do. Djoker was humiliating him out there. Some nice calls in here too........:ok....think homunculus got Gulbis which turned out to be a good pick, was impressed by him today. Canas seems to be doing a good job with him. Youzhny is slumping but a straight sets win cannot be sniffed at.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 for today I will bet Pironkova to lose with 2:0 sets, as the odds are still good 1.80 @ bet365. The class difference here is huge and I cant see Pironkova able to take something here. She is far away from her Wimbledon form and she is not feeling so comfortable here as on grass for sure....

- Ivan Dodig v Nikolay Davydenko @ 2.25 with Pinnacle 4/10 - Carlos Berlocq -4.5 games v Pere Riba @ 1.84 with Pinnacle 2/10 - Frank Dancevic +2.5 games v Marsel Ilhan @ 2.08 with Pinnacle 2/10 - Mikhail Youzhny v Ernests Gulbis @ 1.813 with Pinnacle 2/10 - Gilles Muller -3 games AH v Edouard Roger-Vasselin @ 1.877 with Pinnacle 2/10 - Nicolas Mahut -4 games AH v Robert Farah @ 1.99 with Pinnacle 2/10 - Rafael Nadal -9 games AH v Andrey Golubev @ 2.06 with Pinnacle 2/10
Davydenko d. Dodig 6-7 6-3 6-0 2-6 6-2 :wall Berlocq d. Riba 7-5 6-0 6-1 :ok Ilhan d. Dancevic 6-3 6-2 1-0 ret. :p Gulbis d. Youzhny 6-2 6-4 6-4 :eyes Muller d. Roger-Vasselin 7-6 6-4 6-4 :ok Mahut d. Farah 3-6 6-7 6-2 6-4 6-0 :ok Nadal d. Golubev 6-3 7-6 7-5 :sad Total mixed bag yesterday. Got out of jail with Dancevic retiring when clearly losing. Mahut's comeback kinda made up for Dodig's loss ...

for today I will bet Pironkova to lose with 2:0 sets' date=' as the odds are still good 1.80 @ bet365. The class difference here is huge and I cant see Pironkova able to take something here. She is far away from her Wimbledon form and she is not feeling so comfortable here as on grass for sure....[/quote'] Hi all, an early pick and hope we will get a lot of fun and money :cheers Peng S. - Pironkova T. It's hard to say how Pironkova is going to play today, it's hard to say will she going to play at all. Disapointing year for her, but now she have noting to loose. The one of her big problems is mental streight - she just dont have any. When she is under preasure - everybody is expecting to defend points, to win at all cost and... she faild. I was waiting to see her in the first round and I had few doubts that she will loose but nope. She looks fresh and preasure free. Back in Hobart these two made 3 sets and I expect more fight from Pironkova today. She have all the skills and weapons to make life hard for Peng. The line +5 games it tricky, so I'll take over 19 games which is fair and the price is good! over 19 games @ 1.72 188bet, 3/10 Good luck!!!

you are right mate, these picks are not useful to anyone. He is just trying to cheat the competition, to make the biggest % of YIELD and to win money. He doesnt carry for the tipsters or for the site, but just for the prize. He got 1 winning pick with high stakes and high odds, and more than 10 picks with just 1 stake, keeping the % high enough. Such tipster are not only useless for the other members of the forum, but also are ruining the competition. so dont follow any of his tips, he is not posting here to help someone, he is just trying to keep his yield % as high as possible :))
jompy - why are you unkind? Look for my statistics Total Stakes 462pts Total Profit 56.23pts Each bets as he likes. I think that everyone who has profit like me helps other people. PS jompy Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts crack Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts whose predictions and bets are more helpful? mine, so don't talk nonsense.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Bit better from my own perspective yesterday. Young and Pavyluchenkova were comfortable throughout and luckily Mahut came back from a couple of sets down. Was fairly tight in the Verdasco match but no tie break and Jovanovski, well haven't seen the match but looks like I got that one completely wrong. Anyway, tiny profit of +2.46, leaving me on -9.28.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Treble: Isner - Almagro - Kuznetsova - 2.34 Not a very high odds treble, but one I think is pretty solid. Nothing flashy about it, but after Dodig yesterday I just want a bet to get past the line. Isner has been in fine form leading upto the tournament, winning the week before against good players and also beating his opponent today Marcos Baghdatis. Baghdatis is one of those players who is frustrating to back and could turn up in any form, I think he will make a fight of it but hopefully lose in 4 or maybe even a nail biting 5. Almagro is ranked just inside the top 10 and I think this is merited on his great clay court play, but also that fact he is also handy on other surfaces. I think that he will be able to take a tired Benneteau who, although has form, played alot of matches at Winston-Salem and could be burnt out. Will be an interesting match but Almagro easily has the game to see off Benneteau straight sets after a tight first. And then to Kuznetsova who I mainly picked on the fact she is playing a British player. Baltacha is serial underachiever and always promises so much and delivers so little. I think once she comes up against a player who is ranked higher then her or is better she folds. Pretty shit reasoning I know, but I just cant see her progressing through this match against a former top 10 player who can play such good tennis. Other bets I was interested in where Murray (-9.5) @2.00 and Hercog (+3.5) @2.10. GL all.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Hi guys, 2 picks for the US Open: JANKOVIC TO DEFEAT DOKIC BY 2:0 SETS @ 1.55 on bet-at-home MEDINA TO DEFEAT ROBSON @ 1.54 on betfair The bet of the US Open for me. Jankovic is really a level above Dokic in all aspects of the game and I am surprised at relatively high odds, I believe the odds should go down to 1.35-1.4. Surely, Robson is a very talented young player but not one really solid result from her outside grass courts. Medina is a very good defender and will put a lot of balls back forcing Robson into unforced errors.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Average day yesterday in the end. Due to Sporting Bet's rules, a winning bet on Ilhan after Dancevic retired 2-0 down. Dulko comfortably covered the handicap against Marino in straight sets, while the Matosevic bet was void after he retired after rolling his ankle after only four games. The overs lost on the Muller match and fair play to anyone who took him on the handicap, while unfortunately Jani lost against Stephens in a final set tiebreak, which was a shame in the end having come from a set down.

Sport Tennis
Event Vera Zvonareva - Kateryna Bondarenko
Selection Vera Zvonareva
Strength 1/10
Date 31/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betsson @ 1.15
Reasoning US Open WTA Slam (USA) - hardcourt, round of 64. Vera Zvonareva should win this match without any problems. She isin very good shape - won tournament in Baku, played in the final at WTA Carlsbad and in the semifinal at WTA Cincinnati (lost after three sets against Maria Sharapova). Vera Zvonareva defeated very easy Stephanie Foretz Gacon in the first round. She showed really nice tennis and won second set 6-0! Stephanie Foretz Gacon had no chances. The match lasted 63 minutes and Stephanie Foretz Gacon had no break points! Zvonareva's service looks very nice. She should win in two sets.
Sport Tennis
Event Madison Keys - Lucie Safarova
Selection Lucie Safarova
Strength 1/10
Date 31/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 1.24
Reasoning Madison Keys - Lucie Safarova Madison Keys is a very young, talented tennis player. She won her first match on the WTA Tour at age of 14 years old and 48 days. She plays right-handed with a double-handed backhand. Madison Keys defeated Jill Craybas in the first round. She won in two sets. In my opinion Lucie Safarova will be difficult opponent for her. Safarova plays left-handed. She is in good shape- she played in the quarterfinal at WTA Toronto (won first set against Serena Williams!). Madison Keys is playing at home, that is her advantage but this may not be enough.
Sport Tennis
Event Laura Pous-Tio - Julia Goerges
Selection Julia Goerges
Strength 1/10
Date 31/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.21
Reasoning Laura Pous-Tio leads 2-0 in head-to-head series so she will be difficult opponent for Julia Georges but they played two times on clay. The last time they played at WTA Bad Gastein in July this year and Pous-Tio won after three sets. Julia Georges showed really nice tennis in the first round. She defeated very easy Kristina Barrois in two sets. Her service looks fantastic - 9 aces, Barrois had 3 break points but Georges saved all. Laura Pous-Tio had big problems against Misaki Doi. Doi won second set after tie-break 14-12! Laura Pous-Tio's favourite surface is claycourt, she is not strong on hardcourt.
Sport Tennis
Event Marion Bartoli - Christina McHale
Selection Marion Bartoli
Strength 1/10
Date 31/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.44
Reasoning Marion Bartoli - Christina McHale Christina McHale is a young talented player, she is playing at home. Christina is difficult rival but Marion Bartoli should beat her. Everyone knows that Bartoli is very dangerous tennis player on this surface. She defeated Panova in the first round. McHale won against Aleksandra Wozniak after three sets. The match lasted 149 minutes. McHale had problems. Christina is in good shape, she defeated Caroline Wozniacki and Tsvetana Pironkova at WTA Cincinnati . She showed really nice tennis at WTA New Haven - won against Kuznetsova in two sets. Christina is playing at home but I give more chances for Bartoli. She is playing great this year. Odd at pinnacle sports is very nice.
Sport Tennis
Event Julien Benneteau - Nicolas Almagro
Selection over 3.5 sets
Strength 1/10
Date 31/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.57
Reasoning Maybe Nicolas Almagro will win this match but I think that Julien Benneteau will win at least one set. Julien Benneteau has strong first service, he plays very good in rallies. Nicolas Almagro's favourite surface is clay. Almagro possesses strong serve, too. Julien Benneteau defeated Almagro in the last match. They played at ATP Auckland on hardcourt and Julien won after three sets. Julien showed great tennis at Winston-Salem ATP. He won 8 matches in a row! He defeated many good rivals like Igor Andreev, Sergiy Stakhovsky, Robin Haase. Julien won first set in the final against John Isner but he felt tired and lost second and third set. Over 3.5 sets is nice option for me.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 i have not been here for a while so here is my selection for today and also for the last grand slam of the year Julien Benneteau vs Nicolas Almagro over 38.5 games 8/11 skybet this has five sets written all over with two players playing on hard court no one has an advantage and both players are playing well Juan Martin Del Potro vs Fillipo Volandri del petro to win 3-1 10/3 skybet i think this could good bet del potro has not been that impressive and might lose a set Robby Ginepri vs Joan Souza ginepri to win 3-1 11/4 skybet he might lose a set he is playing allright at the moment and it might not be that straightforward

jompy - why are you unkind? Look for my statistics Total Stakes 462pts Total Profit 56.23pts Each bets as he likes. I think that everyone who has profit like me helps other people. PS jompy Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts crack Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts whose predictions and bets are more helpful? mine, so don't talk nonsense.
haha you got 1 thanks more, this is nonsense mate :) If you are real player, you will make 15 tips, with an average stake of at least 7 points, not to put 1 point as a stake in more than 90 % of your picks, trying to keep your yield % high as possible. You are acting as a MOUSE ! trying to cheat the competition. I contact already the site and the sponsor and there will be new rule in the competition for such players like you. Just read the rules next month, cause you wont be able to cheat :) GL with your bets anyway

haha you got 1 thanks more, this is nonsense mate :) If you are real player, you will make 15 tips, with an average stake of at least 7 points, not to put 1 point as a stake in more than 90 % of your picks, trying to keep your yield % high as possible. You are acting as a MOUSE ! trying to cheat the competition. I contact already the site and the sponsor and there will be new rule in the competition for such players like you. Just read the rules next month, cause you wont be able to cheat :) GL with your bets anyway
Betting on favorites is a dangerous thing to do especially when you are picking up such short odds. I myself have been guilty of doing that in the past and have got burned. While I don't agree with his stalking plans and picks but how is that cheating, mate?:unsure

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 I will continue to back Inser he is playing maybe his best tennis this summer, winning tittles will give him the confidence he need, and in front of home crowd, he will be strong motivated to show his skills and he believe he is able to do something big for sure. Baghdatis is far away from his best days and he doesnt deserve his ranking position IMO. I see Inser winning this one with 3:0 or 3:1 and the odds are must take Inser (-2.5) sets is juicy at Pinnacle @ 3.44 and just in case 3:1 CS @ Centerbet @ 4.00

we are now just ruining the topic here' date=' here is not the place to speak about that, and you will see there will be a new rule in the competition next month. Read it and you will understand what I am talking about. The main idea is that he got 2 x 10 stake picks, and more than 90 % of his other picks are with x 1 stake, which is making his picks useless and he is participating here only for the prize. I still believe the prizes are good thing, but the main idea of this forum and our tips is to help each other. good luck and stop ruining the topic please :))[/quote'] I totally understand it now. I just had a question which I had to ask; it's not my intention to hijack the thread.:ok

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Yesterday Marsel Ilhan to beat Frank Dancevic :) Muller v Roger-Vasselin Over 40.5 games :( Gisela Dulko -2.5 to beat Rebecca Marino :) Marinko Matosevic +3.5 to beat Juan Ignacio Chela VOID Reka-Luka Jani to beat Sloane Stephens :( Couple that catch the eye today: Alexandra Dulgheru v Monica Niculescu Over 22.5 games. 1/1 @ Victor Chandler Two players that are pretty evenly matches, although Dulgheru's victory against Kvitova in the last round will have caught the eye. However, as I have said before, I do not rate Kvitova on the hard courts at all, so although it is a good result, it is not as big a shock as it appears. Neither have wonderful past results on the hard courts and Niculescu won in three sets when they met last year in Tashkent. I would expect another close match that could easily go to three sets. Shuai Peng 2-0 against Tsvetsana Pironkova. 1.8 @ Victor Chandler Shuai Peng is enjoying the best season of her career, racking up plenty of quarter-final appearances in the WTA Premier events. She has found much more consistency to her game and is generally beating the lower ranked players, only being knocked out by the bigger seeds. On the other hand, Pironkova owes her ranking to her impressive performances on the grass, particularly at Wimbledon each year. Outside of the green stuff, she is a pretty average player and has only progressed past the second round of a tournament three times this year. I feel she will struggle against a quality opponent in Peng. Madison Keys +5.5 to beat Lucie Safarova. 1.94 @ Pinnacle Although it was only Craybas, Keys was impressive in the opening round, serving well and hitting her groundstrokes crisply and accurately. She looks a real talent for the future and will have the full backing of the crowd behind her today. Safarova is the better player at the moment, but is always capable of dropping a set here and there. I would be surprised if she doesn't come through and win in the end, but I fancy Keys to keep it close and maybe even grab a set.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Day 3 then and have 5 on my books. Some less known players playing today so will be interesting viewing. Hoping for a more profitable day than the previous couple of days that's for sure. Julien Benneteau vs Nicolas Almagro- Almagro -4.5 game handicap- 8/11 Bet365- (5/10) Was always going to take the overs in this one until I saw the handicap which I expected to be a couple of games higher in truth. In my eyes it's a masive overreaction towards Benneteau after his good run last week, but aside from that, he hasn't done too much else on the hard courts this season. Lost to some pretty average opponents and before last week, failed to get past the second round in any tournament. Let's not forget he played an incredible 9 matches last week after he had to qualify so although he would have had more court time than Almagro, the Spaniard is certainly going to be the fresher of the two. Almagro has looked decent in the past couple of weeks, only losing to Tsonga and Berdych so he should be accustomed to the hard surface by now. His serve has particularly impressed me in the past couple of months or so and he should have enough to see Benneteau off in my opinion and the handicap is a low one for the Spaniard to cover. Andy Roddick vs Michael Russell- Roddick -7.5 game handicap- 8/11 Bet365- (5/10) Andy isn't the player he once was but last week saw the American get some comfortable wins under his belt which should do him the world of confidence. Although he hasn't had a great season, his hard court results aren't bad with a final appearence and then making the semis last week. His serve is still a real weapon, especially against a guy like Russell, who is incredibly fit but will struggle to trouble Andy on serve. In recent weeks Russell has beaten the lesser opponents if you like but against the better players, such as Wawrinka and Davydenko, he really struggled to make much of an impact in those matches. Think it just boils down to I don't see Roddick being troubled much on serve, and although he isn't the best returner in the world, he should get quite a few chances on Russell's serve and one really easy set should be enough to cover the handicap. Vasek Pospisil vs Lukas Rosol- Rosol +2.5 game handicap- 10/11 Bet365- (3/10) This is a match that I expect to last for quite a while, where I don't see either player gaining enough momentum to run away with it. Pospisil is still very inexperienced in the ATP events, let alone slams as he plays mostly challengers and despite giving Federer a match the other week, this is a big step up for him. The only reason I see for him being favourite in this one is his recent practice on the hard courts whereas Rosol is coming off the back of playing on the clay for a few months so he'll need to adjust to the quicker conditions. However he has some decent scalps to his name on the hard courts this season which shows he can clearly hold his own on the quicker surfaces as well as clay. With his big serve and powerful groundstrokes which saw him beat Melzer in the French Open, he should be able to adjust to the conditions pretty quickly, and hold his own but in case this goes the distance and he falls short, taking the handicap as insurance. And a couple for the women. Venus Williams vs Sabine Lisicki- Over 21.5 games- 4/5 Ladbrokes- (4/10) Expect this one to be a cracker and very tight throughout. Although Lisicki won over in Dallas last week, in truth she couldn't have asked for a better preparation given the quality of players she had to face. Dropping no more than 3 games in any match tells it's own story of what she came up against but Venus will be a complete step up to what she's been facing. The American eased her way back into the swing of things with a comfortable win in the first round but like her opponent, this will be a step up. Both players are good on serve and will hit their fair share of winners, leading me to think neither is going to isolate the others game, meaning it should be tight. Firmly believe this could be one of the games of the tournament and could very well go into sudden death at the end of the third. A couple of really tight sets could still see the line through though so overs for me. Yanina Wickmayer vs Alla Kudryavtseva- Wickmayer -5.5 game handicap- 10/11 Bet365- (4/10) Surprised we are getting this price to be honest as I think Wickmayer will get at least one really comfortable set, if not both. Neither girl came into this week in good form but Wickmayer was far more convincing in the first round, easily dispatching Cirstea whilst the Russian only narrowly beat Rodionova in two extremely tight sets. In that one she offered tons of chances on her serve, and if she does that today, Wickmayer is a far better player and will make her pay for some weak serving. Wickmayer only offered 4 break points in her first round match and you'd expect her to improve with every match she plays. She's got some points to defend from last year after making the fourth round so she should be up for this match and I'd fancy her to win with some ease like she's done in their previous 2 meetings on the hard courts, winning 6-2 6-4 and 6-1 6-2 at Flushing Meadows last year.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Niculecu vs Dulgheru: Over 21 games @1,917 Pinnacle Two Roumanian players involved of the more or less equal strength. They played twice so far and both matches went to three sets. Dulgeru being slight 1.7 favourite, probably because she managed to kick off the out of form Kvitova (that was apparently suffering some sort of virosis). This big win can distract Dulgheru a bit, and the last match in 2010 on hard was won by Niculescu, so the alternative could be outright Niculescu win. But because one tie-break should be enough for this bet to come thru, I am taking the overs. In the past, betting overs in Dulgheru matches was usually a good step, so let's hope Dulgheru will remember that and will not just collapse in two easy sets. GL :hope After making the writeup I noticed that Dory is going for the similar bet, but still I am posting this to add strength to the idea and because of the different line/price

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 OK I see another huge value for tonight ! Venus Williams to overplay Lisicki is rated 2.27 @ Pinnacle Home gorund + strong motivation for Williams against overated Lisicki here. She made some straight wins and won tittle in Dallas but she is nothing special as her opponents were far away from world class quality players, as she is gonna meet tonight. I really see huge improvement in sisters Williams and I expect both of them to progress far in US Open as this is special competition for them, in front of home crowd.