** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - The US Open 2011

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011

Muller to bt Nadal @11.5 Pinnacle LOSS Tsonga to bt Ferderer @2.71 local bookie LOSS
Bad luck lately. This Muller Nadal was a shot, but how on earth could Tsonga lose 0-3? The match was interupted due to rain and this is always unpleasant. Did Tsonga choke a ball in between? Also, this Penetta-Kerber match did not end as expected. Did not see it, so I can hardly judge what was wrong with Flavia (was she drunk?). To actually BET that big chalk in womens tennis is, however, always bad idea. I shall just follow someone today and hope we both win.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Andy Roddick (+5) vs Rafael Nadal. 2.06 at Pinnacle Again going with Roddick but this time will take 5 games handicap instead of straight win. Rafa is much classier version of Ferrer and Roddick will surely have much more problems in this match but considering Nadal's physical condition and even his general form of late i think he stands a chance even for a win. In any case, Roddick plays well, his service is consistent and he's also quite solid from the baseline. His strong forehand made a lots of problems to Ferrer and Roddick played tactically almost a perfect match. 5 games handicap should be enough to win this bet as i see Andy taking at least one set. GL

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Roger Federer wins Novak Djokovic. 2.71 at Pinnacle Maybe it's too brave or im too biased but i think Roger stands a decent chances against current number 1, and without any doubt, the best player at this moment. Still, Roger has won their last meeting in Roland Garros only 3 months ago and 14 out of 23 overall, and that says something. Eventough Novak's form is incredbile lately and evetough he looks and is unbeatable i think Roger can give him a proper fight and make this match very close for Novak. Nole had some problems vs Tipsa in the last round although it looked to me like Nole is playing with 50% of his stregnth. Anyway, 2.71 on former no. 1 and player like RF even against Nole in such form is bettable imho. As i said in my first sentence, maybe it's only a bias.... good luck.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 LOSS for me on that one too. Thought we got the read on the match right with Isner ailing in the second set, fully expected Murray to romp home from there. But credit to Isner, fought hard out there and nearly got it to 5 sets in the end. Murray is still a chump, can't wait til he gets kicked out. Some lovely matches today, Fed/Djokovic, Nadal/Murray and hoping Serena shows no mercy to Wozniacki.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Sport Tennis Event Nadal - Murray Selection Under 40.5 Strength 10/10 Date 10/09/2011 Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 1.87 Reasoning Like in first bet in this month, Boylesports give wrong line, fair line in my opinion is 37.5, nothing more. Nadal win all matches 3-0, Murray concended 2 sets against Haase and yesterday played not short match against Isner(3-1). Nadal have more enregy before this game. In this year NAdal two times won against Murray on the bigges tournaments(RG, WIMBLEDON). Murray not win more than set in this match.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 What a match! Only the second out of 184 instance when Federer lost after being 2 set up. I really believe it was the best shot he had at a grand slam title. Now being blown I really doubt if he is going to win another in his career. Psycho you are right mate on him retiring; should walk away when you are good.

What a match! Only the second out of 184 instance when Federer lost after being 2 set up. I really believe it was the best shot he had at a grand slam title. Now being blown I really doubt if he is going to win another in his career. Psycho you are right mate on him retiring; should walk away when you are good.
He wants to win Olympic gold in singles next year. After that, I think he will be done.

There should be a prop bet whether Fedex will watch the finals' date=' LOL:loon[/quote'] He'll be in his private jet on his way back to Switzerland in few minutes and won't even bother watching the final. He never does if he isn't playing in one :lol

Serena Williams vs Sam Stosur over 19.5 games 5/6 skybet i think this is a great bet serena has been impressive all through the tournament but she has not beem really tested yet and i think today could be it
Bitter loss, mate :( I know how u feel. I myself had booked a couple of bets of this kind during this year.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Nadal > Djokovic. 2.51 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Nadal is sick of losing to Djokovic having lost all five meetings against him this year. Having seen their semifinal performances you just have to go with Nadal here. He was definitely better and looks hungry on the court. Djokovic was gifted a win by Federer. It's bizarre how Roger did not win that match. Nadal beat Djokovic here last year, also in a Monday final. Remember backing Djokovic that time. He ran out of gas in the end and despite being in much better shape this year he will be more tired than Rafa for sure as Nadal had easier match on Saturday. Djokovic doesn't deserve to be in the final and that is another reason why he has to lose today. 3-1 for Nadal is my call.

Nadal > Djokovic. 2.51 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Nadal is sick of losing to Djokovic having lost all five meetings against him this year. Having seen their semifinal performances you just have to go with Nadal here. He was definitely better and looks hungry on the court. Djokovic was gifted a win by Federer. It's bizarre how Roger did not win that match. Nadal beat Djokovic here last year, also in a Monday final. Remember backing Djokovic that time. He ran out of gas in the end and despite being in much better shape this year he will be more tired than Rafa for sure as Nadal had easier match on Saturday. Djokovic doesn't deserve to be in the final and that is another reason why he has to lose today. 3-1 for Nadal is my call.
1) Nadal is sick of losing to Djokovic? This means that he was not sick after the second, third and fourth defeat this year,or what? Is this an argument? 2) Match between Novak and Roger possessed much higher class than Nadal-Murray.It is ridiculous to compare at all. 3) Djokovic 100% deserved to be in final. He won a lot more points in the match and had a much better winners-unforced errors statistics. 4) Djokovic 2011 is better player than Nadal 2011. 5) Nadal has already created a Nole 2.0 complex. He is scared. All in all Novak 3:1 is my call. We shall see.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Have taken Nadal +2.5 @ 5/6 (7/10) Djokovic 3-0 in sets can only be had at 7/2 yet see below. However when looking around I noticed that Bet 365 have a handicap of: Nadal + 3 @ Evens Djokovic - 3 @ 10/11 Draw @ 14/1 Don't do much tennis betting but surely the handicap draw is the same as Djokovic to win in straight sets - but with massive odds. Can anyone correct me? (Sorry that Bold seems to be stuck on:unsure)

Nadal > Djokovic. 2.51 @ Pinnacle (5/10) [... snip ..]
I have doubts about Nole losing to Nadal, but this seems to be the only bet that makes sense. Not going for any hcp or Nole to win at smthing like 1,50, so the alternative is no bet at all. But I need some action in the final, and Samantha poured some bucks into my account by humiliating Serena (sorry for not posting, was last-minute shot). Now those are the only two reasons I have found for tailing you in this suicide :rollin. Booked, lets cash Nole's third loss this year :hope.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Nadal's price is tempting but I'm finding it hard to make any argument for him winning this one tbh. Nole struggled against Fed and should be out but we all know tennis is a game of match-ups, Federer plays super-aggressive, takes away Novak's time. I managed to see a re-run of the US final from last year and it's amazing how much Djokovic has improved, stronger, fitter, and most importantly playing with confidence and belief. I never got the sense that he believed he could win that final last year, now it is different. :hope for Nadal win, I really hope he does it tonight. But as a fan, I'm worried it just wont be enough.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Cracking final. No regrets stayin' up so late and watching whole 4+ hours. Totally sick tennis match. Kind of felt after the 3rd set that Rafa will go on to win it but have no idea why he checked out so fast after that Novak medical time-out. So bizarre stuff from Rafa.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Rafa never had any chance mate. Needed Djokovic to bottle it in the third and forget how to serve just for him to win a set. It was gruelling but Djokovic has Nadal by the balls this year, needs to go back to the drawing board as what he's doing now isnt working. Nole has better return, as good defence and fitness now, better backhand. Strangely Nadal looked out of gas in the 4th set which shows how strong Nole currently is. And yet Fed could have denied him 2 slams this year had he not bottled it in the semi.....:(

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 Fed's one was a shocker tbh . His body language after that first mp seems to indicate he was shell shocked . Not surprised he went on to lose from there though . I wish Fed was younger , then surely he would have the legs to deny Novak . Due to the fact that nadal is not dominating and winning everything , i see no reason Fed will retire at this moment . He can face up to the fight off Novak as novak has more problems with fed than with nadal .

Rafa never had any chance mate. Needed Djokovic to bottle it in the third and forget how to serve just for him to win a set. It was gruelling but Djokovic has Nadal by the balls this year, needs to go back to the drawing board as what he's doing now isnt working. Nole has better return, as good defence and fitness now, better backhand. Strangely Nadal looked out of gas in the 4th set which shows how strong Nole currently is. And yet Fed could have denied him 2 slams this year had he not bottled it in the semi.....:(

Rafa never had any chance mate. Needed Djokovic to bottle it in the third and forget how to serve just for him to win a set. It was gruelling but Djokovic has Nadal by the balls this year, needs to go back to the drawing board as what he's doing now isnt working. Nole has better return, as good defence and fitness now, better backhand. Strangely Nadal looked out of gas in the 4th set which shows how strong Nole currently is. And yet Fed could have denied him 2 slams this year had he not bottled it in the semi.....:(
Well, we will never know. Djoko did very smart thing faking an injury and taking that medical or what I like to call it tactical time-out to unsettle Rafa who was finally getting into the rhythm. It took him more than 2.5 hours to finally get going. Tactically it was a poor performance by Rafa, especially on return. Feel like he played too many slices and was punished for that time after time.

Re: Tennis - The US Open 2011 There may have been a slight chance at the start of the 4th but Nadal was relying on Djokovic errors for the most part, when he was playing well there was nothing Rafa could do. As you say, big problem for Nadal is that his backhand isnt on a par with Nole's, it's a decent shot and good enough to beat everyone else but against Djokovic it's too defensive, lacking depth, and you need to be able to go down the line or cross-court with power to get Nole out of position. Return of serve also hasnt been as good recently, getting balls back but not with the depth and power Nole is. And also serve, Nadal was under extreme pressure in mosr service games. Big few months for Rafa coming to the end of year championships and then into January for the Australian Open. He needs to do something different to beat the man, or hope he drops off a bit.

Well' date=' we will never know. Djoko did very smart thing faking an injury and taking that medical or what I like to call it tactical time-out to unsettle Rafa who was finally getting into the rhythm. It took him more than 2.5 hours to finally get going. Tactically it was a poor performance by Rafa, especially on return. Feel like he played too many slices and was punished for that time after time.[/quote'] 1) He was not faking injury. 2) What about Rafas 2 medical against Petzchner? 3) Rafa will loose next Djoker match again,easy money.