VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

rippyuk

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Thats what I love when I come back from night duty. Another great succes :nana . Fantastic GAF :ok. :welcome Brynteg and Galronix. Kent Mob expanding :beer. Cheers Andy for getting me that high. I didnt get it first time, when you said I won something for 7th place. If there is a T-shirt (as FT mentioned) we can wear it year each. Im wearing it first year though :moon ;). Thank you again.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

Congratulations GaF :nana :nana Tonight's result puts you up another place into 55th on the leaderboard ! :clap
Hmmmm like he cares;) .Auto qualification:nana .Leaderboard will be wide open soon. Congrats GaF,surprised it took this long.:loon And a big :welcome to Galronix who's finally picked up the courage to come and listen to a bunch of Muppets :lol

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Oh and by the way Heniek 7th place gets you a VC Poker bet(whatever that is) YOU WANT PRIZES? WELL, THERE ARE WEEKLY PRIZES! Oh yes! The runners-up each week will win fantastic prizes like: 2nd place - PSP & game 3rd place - iPod nano 4th place - Poker Set 5th place - DVD set 6th place - Maxim & Poker Player (1 Year Subscription) 7th place - Free VC Poker Bet 8th place - Maxim (1 Year Subscription) 9th place - Complete Guide to Poker & VC Poker Polo Shirt

Great news Gaf :):clap You are in some good form of late,long may it continue! Just out of interest is the above weekly prize list just for this year? I ask because i finished in 3rd place a couple of weeks ago :hope
It's been on these prizes ever since it started:ok So get in touch with either VC or Maxim

It's been on these prizes ever since it started:ok So get in touch with either VC or Maxim
Thanks mate i've been in touch with VC and i finished 3rd on the 26/12/05 :) It takes up to 4 weeks to receive your prizes. I've been playing this game thinking you only get a prize for 1st place :wall After finishing 2nd and 3rd in the Sun weekly tournament and then 3rd in this one.It needed some reward for finishing on the final table and Maxim have provided it :clap

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 I see that the leaderboard has been updated now, but I don't think it's right. Looking at my results, I think they have a mistake with my Saturday 2pm game. I finished 6th out of 261, giving me 256 points. But when I check my last 10 results by clicking on my name, for that game it shows me being 49th, and getting 102 points (but that game had 261 players, not 150!). Maybe runadrum or GaF could check their data to see if VC/Maxim have made a boo-boo... :eyes

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 I have checked the leaderboard to find the last 10 results don't tally with what I had recorded for myself but the overall score is correct. I wish I was in from the start, games behind 30 @ 100 per game = 3000 points I could have had :cry This plays havoc with your social life. My handicap is falling. I have skived off work today. Stll, on with the 8pm :) G

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 I've just read through the last few pages :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap Well done GAF :nana :nana :nana Another great result mate :ok ........................ you know if this sort of thing keeps happening then you might have to admit that its not just luck and that you are actually becoming rather good :lol :lol :lol

I see that the leaderboard has been updated now, but I don't think it's right. Looking at my results, I think they have a mistake with my Saturday 2pm game. I finished 6th out of 261, giving me 256 points. But when I check my last 10 results by clicking on my name, for that game it shows me being 49th, and getting 102 points (but that game had 261 players, not 150!). Maybe runadrum or GaF could check their data to see if VC/Maxim have made a boo-boo... :eyes
I agree with you nufc, your total should be 10059 - they have missed 256 points which you scored in the 2pm on 31st December. Ignore the 49th place / 102 points, I think it is an earlier result that appears out of order. For the last 3 leaderboards they have shown my most recent result as a 54th for 97 points but that must have been a score before I started keeping track. :zzz

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Not my finest hour this evening - after finishing 28th this afternoon I needed the sympathy of my table to limp past 27th tonight (eventually finishing 19th). :$ Guy finishing 28th noticed my table was helping me and not best pleased. Don't blame him, and although I would have won the one crucial hand anyway that is not the point. Will definitely feel guilty if he doesn't make monday's final (thankfully I'm sure he's good enough to get there, although was first out in the 2pm which probably added to his frustration). Anyway, up 2 more places to 16th and 10th spot now 309 points away. As well as nufc in this thread, I was able to tell a couple of other players during tonight's game that I think their scores on the new leaderboard are wrong !

Guest gazza271

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Dont worry about it runadrum, the guy who finished on the bubble was on my table and for the last 20 hands on so was just letting the clock run out every time ;)

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 hey all u pl guys and girls just 2 say ello and thanx 4 the nice comments about my play .hopefully we'll get as many thru 2 the grand final as poss weve already got 2 thru in 5 weeks .like nufc said play tight till dcs have gone then turn it up,unless ur on a table with 3 or less actually playin then hit it hard at start, try 2 knock em out, pick up blinds quick b4 any dcs wake up then ur set with 18000 it works a treat ft almost garenteed if u plkay tight later on anyway gl all and well have a chat while playin

Not my finest hour this evening - after finishing 28th this afternoon I needed the sympathy of my table to limp past 27th tonight (eventually finishing 19th). :$ Guy finishing 28th noticed my table was helping me and not best pleased. Don't blame him, and although I would have won the one crucial hand anyway that is not the point. Will definitely feel guilty if he doesn't make monday's final (thankfully I'm sure he's good enough to get there, although was first out in the 2pm which probably added to his frustration).
I was worried about the same thing on Tuesday afternoon when I was struggling to make the top 27 and sherry009 told heniek to fold to my all-in just to keep me alive. However, the SB called and I won the hand anyway. Heniek wouldn't tell me what he folded (I still reckon it was a paper plane!) but insists it was a monster (origami t-rex??). I think I may have got some assistance from sherry009 early on too when I was pounding away with pocket rockets and going all-in with an A high flush at the river.

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 :welcome Ubermonkey1. Finally found us then. The strategy's good but with everybody picking up on this idea its now getting to be the usual faces on the final 50 so some damn hard works needed.I'm prayin for a monday win. Been fun though on the tables. Aka ClydeFrog

Pleased you made it Runadrum :) I hope i never upset anyone,just thought a bit of slow play would help your cause.
cheers mate - who do you play as on VC ? gazza - thanks for your comments too. Leaderboard updated again today although not sure why cos still includes the previous mistakes and is missing two new scores from yesterday - one of them mine ! So it says I am 17th but should be 16th, which is where I have stayed after today's 15th and 218th :wall - but 10th place now more than 100 points further away (412). Anyone waiting for weekly final prizes - my polo shirt and poker guide for 9th on 19th December arrived today (Tipper - the shirt is size L).