** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

rippyuk

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 The leaderboard is up - http://www.promo842.com/maximlb/default2.asp Unfortunately it doesn't make good reading for PL - top PL'r I can see is Runadrum in 80th. I'm down in 125th...... Looks like we missed almost 2 weeks of events which is why we are so far behind........remember though that it goes through to the end of March - there is still time for some of us to get close - is disappointing though :sad

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Would suggest the critical tactic, with so many sit outs, is you must outlast them!!!!! With The Sun - that didn't matter so much - you had to hit the last 3 tables to get anything - here you get an exponential increase in points for every position gained.......

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Just a bit more of a thought on this - the top 10 seem to be going along at the rate of about 100 point a game!! That's some scoring!! So we need to score about 100 points a game to stay where we are - I've got 2000 points to make up in about 160 games - 2000 / 160 = 12.5 - I need to AVERAGE about 112 to have a shot ......... (similar numbers for all of us I imagine!!) - I've got a 208 point total for 39th place (points depends on number of entrants) - so one top 40 finish a day is what is called for!!!

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 I saw that Dansiron bloke Sharpe1ne. He was devilish;y good and very intelligent when playing. I think he was only knocked out by a complete loony! I hear that he is very handsome too but needed to do some shopping. I understand that he knocked out GaF? too. Bad luck GaF? in coming up against sucha a formidable opponant. No shame there...dansiron was awesome from what I saw.

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Don't know what this is going to do to my game when every place counts ! Whilst I've played in as many qualifiers as I can I thought I'd be further behind than I am thinking only top 27 places counted and only had two in top 9 (5th and 9th). I think I said earlier that it's going to be a long winter :\

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

Don't know what this is going to do to my game when every place counts !
I now know the answer to this :- Playing in the 8pm heat tonight I'm in the final 20, lying top 6 and wanting to see the shortstacks go and get onto the final table before getting aggressive. I get dealt 44, am first to act and don't want to play them for fear of getting trapped by a bigger pair, so I fold. I breathe a sigh of relief when two seats down goes all in for 55,000 and gets an all-in call of around 30,000 - so if I had had limped in it would have cost me all my 36,000 or so (from memory) chips to call. I'm now happy, smug even that my cautious play has paid off. The big raise is 99 and the call is AK - I'm even more smug 'cos I've kept out of it. OK, you've guessed it, the third card of the flop is a 4 :wall :@ but did you also guess that the river is the other 4 ? :cry I shouldn't complain 'cos I ended up third, but oh what might have been ! :lol

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Leaderboard has been updated up to last night guys. I noticed they had duplicated everyone's score for one of last week's qualifiers so I let them know and they have now corrected this - so apologies if your duplication was a biggie ! Now up to 48th but there 'cos not had a bad couple of days (35th, 3rd, 11th and 7th) so pressure on to keep it up. The scoring method appears to be that the winner scores as many points as there were players, 2nd gets one less, 3rd two less, etc. So when I was kicking myself last night for being 7th rather than 3rd (raised half my chips rather than all in with 77 and then folded before the 7 on the river :wall ) it only made a difference of 4 points !

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Cheers Run :ok I'm up to 99th - a bit disappointed - had a few good results (2nd and 3rd) and thought I'd move up more than that. Am confident that I can catch those at the top at the moment - of less confidence is catching those slightly above me, who have played fewer games - this is looking tough to get into the top 10!!!!

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

I'm only gonna improve 6 places. Shoot me now.
This is a long way from foolproof - but I think it gives us a pretty good idea of what we need to achieve!!! And now I have the spreadsheet, can open it whenever we get an updated league - and it will auto update - as we get further, it will give better and better forecasts!!

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Impressive piece of kit GaF and I'm flattered by the faith it shows in me. Good news is I achieved my daily average today - slightly over at 140.5 - although out in 149th tonight 'cos my AJclubs (2 pair) beaten by 35hearts (flush) ! :wall Average still achieved because I scored 105 for coming 149th out of 253. And that's the problem. Those in the top 10 now got there despite playing (I suspect) much smaller fields in the first 2 weeks until the PL invasion and they will probably be able to step up their current points averages. If I'm still forecast 4th at the end of January I'll be happy (and probably amazed). :hope

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 I have added a new column to the table - an estimate of the average number of points each player needs to score in order to achieve 10th place. Score less and you're behind the pace ...... score more and you're looking good :ok So with 240 odd entrants, top 100 in every game should be enough :ok