** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

rippyuk

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

I have added a new column to the table - an estimate of the average number of points each player needs to score in order to achieve 10th place. Score less and you're behind the pace ...... score more and you're looking good :ok So with 240 odd entrants, top 100 in every game should be enough :ok
youve got too much time on your hands

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok - what do we really need to qualify? Assumming 196 qualifiers to go (a bit of a guess - don't know the exact number!!!) then about 29,000 should do it!!! How have I worked that out? Well - asssuming everyone plays in all remaining games, and assuming everyone scores at the same rate they have so far, then the table below shows how it will finish ...... Interestingly - none of the current top 10 are forecast to stay there!!!! Chess and Runadrum are forecast to make it!! Surprisingly - so is laidback (if he can carry on averaging 144 points a game!!!) - I suspect he is there because he has done well in the relatively few games he has made - but to do that day in day out is a big ask!!
I'm in the leader board:eek :eek :eek I've only played in about 4 of them :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol ( playing to qualify for the monday final) .............maybe i should have given it more of a go :unsure

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 AAAGGGGHHH! I would have been better staying away from tonights qualifier!!! :wall I was dealt AA twice in succession... got something from the first hand but my opponent to my right went all-in with KK on the second and hit a K on the turn!!! That cost me more than half my stack and I never looked back!!! Better to play this as a sit-out! :wall :wall :wall

I had a go again tonight' date=' but i went out in the late 60's or so :sad [/quote'] Mate - that's a good result - worth about 185 points!!!!!! I'm still going - on over 200 points now - same as at lunchtime - I'm going well at the moment and oozing confidence that I can make the top 10 if I persevere!!!

Mate - that's a good result - worth about 185 points!!!!!! I'm still going - on over 200 points now - same as at lunchtime - I'm going well at the moment and oozing confidence that I can make the top 10 if I persevere!!!
good luck mate hope you make it :ok . realistically i'm going to miss far too many of these to manage a top 10 finish :sad

Guest gazza271

I came 11th this afternoon' date=' not been following/playing this one at all, is that worth a few points ?[/quote'] ah ha, just read the thread properly:unsure Dont think my points are going to worry anyone, think i better try harder on the weekly finals:hope

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Worst performance yet in a weekly final - just never got going. Couldn't even outlast the sitouts ! My points scoring in the qualifiers has slowed down as well so losing more than a bit of confidence. Wondering about the wisdom of putting all my efforts into tournaments not paying any cash unless I make the live final. :sad

Chin up son it will come good :ok
cheers mate :ok I know, like falling off a bike, I have to get straight back on but it is the thought of having to get back on, twice a day for the next twelve weeks ! :eek Well played tonight Mr V :clap. If you weren't to win I'm glad Ubermonkey did as even before GaF's table highlighted him as a danger I'd noticed him as one player picking up points quickly on the leaderboard. Hopefully that means a place for someone else.

If you weren't to win I'm glad Ubermonkey did as even before GaF's table highlighted him as a danger I'd noticed him as one player picking up points quickly on the leaderboard. Hopefully that means a place for someone else.
Yup - Failing a PL qualifier, Ubermonkey winning was a good result for us!!

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Hi all, This is my 1st post on here! Ive seen a lot of you around playing the MKOP daily and i thought id come on and say hi. I play under morlspin1, and my dads there to as robbiemorl. I was in the finals in london last year after knocking the bounty out and i finished 20th in the overall table despite missing the 1st 4 weeks of games, well done da matrix last year, i was the one laughing as you were being crowned and looking soooo embarrassed. Hope to see you all soon on there and all the best! Graeme Morlspin1 Morl

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Hi morlspin (and robbiemorl). :welcome to PuntersLounge. :ok Have a look around and you'll see this is one of the many tourneys we try and take part in. This is a great place for info. on up and coming events, and there is always someone willing to give advice on any aspect of poker. The guys on here are extremely friendly. Oh, and you will have a 'fan club' in almost any tourney you play in, too. I'm Raider23pl on VC/Maxim.:ok

Hi morlspin (and robbiemorl). :welcome to PuntersLounge. :ok Have a look around and you'll see this is one of the many tourneys we try and take part in. This is a great place for info. on up and coming events, and there is always someone willing to give advice on any aspect of poker. The guys on here are extremely friendly. Oh, and you will have a 'fan club' in almost any tourney you play in, too. I'm Raider23pl on VC/Maxim.:ok
Many thanks again, i feel welcome already lol. Ill be on here quite a bit i imagine in the next few months, so hopefully my fan base will improve dramatically.