** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

rippyuk

Here we go again :ok:cow http://www.maxim-magazine.co.uk/front_advertorials/kingofpoker/index.php THE MAXIM VC KING OF POKER TOURNAMENT 2006 IS HERE, BIGGER AND BETTER THAN BEFORE! "You can register online for the tournament from today just follow our simple instructions, register and install the VC Poker software. Once you've done that, you can get playing, join one of the daily qualifying games and begin racking up a high score for the leaderboard! If you're good enough in the daily tournaments, the top players each week get to compete in a qualifier round every Monday night at 8pm for a place in April's grand final! The first weekly final takes place on Monday 5 December at 8pm, so you'd better get playing!" AND check out who won last years.. http://www.maxim-magazine.co.uk/front_advertorials/kingofpoker/champion.php It's only The Leopard's brother!! Apologies if this has been discussed already btw, I did a quick search and found nothing..:)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 I had to reinstall the VC Poker software using the link on Maxim until I could see the weekly final.. also notice they haven't listed all of the week's qualifiers in the same way that The Sun's was set up - perhaps to minimise the number of sitouts this time. hayward: Yep, free to enter.

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Hi all, my first post at PL. Enjoyed meeting some of you guys in London. I've put some pictures up of the Sun Final on my blog: http://damatrixpoker.blogspot.com/. As Rippy mentioned, I won the Maxim KOP last year. The qualification is the same as for the Sun Final (Daily Qualifiers, Weekly final, Leaderboard etc) but instead of just 9 players there will be about 36 in the Maxim final in April 2006 I think. So plenty of time and seats for PL'ers to qualify ;) Regards, The Leopard's brother lol

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Ok - just embarased myself with life help when I couldn't register for tonights game - turns out I was trying to register for the weekly final :$ So far as downloading gos - no need to uninstall your existing VC Poker software or set up a new account. You must download the Maxim Software (looks like it installs the Maxim Skin over the VC Skin) - then you can log onto this with your existing VC or Sun-Poker login!!!!

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

I'm confused. I have downloaded and signed up. As far as I can see you need to qualify for the weekly final which is every Monday. I presume qualifers for the final run from Tuesday-Sunday each week.
Spot on - :ok For those of us who only found out about this today, first game we can play is tomorrow.......

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 I think a few of us have qualified for the weekly final already. I finished 5th in the afternoon qualifier, getting caught out slowplaying my straight when someone caught their fullhouse on the river. Does anyone know how the points system works on the leaderboard?

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Nice one Paul - I didn't realise there was a qualifier this afternoon. I'll get them all in the diary for tomorrow. leaderboard? Like the Sun one that Fenner won? :unsure Haven't seen anything on that - time for me to go back to the site and read I think!!!!

Nice one Paul - I didn't realise there was a qualifier this afternoon. I'll get them all in the diary for tomorrow. leaderboard? Like the Sun one that Fenner won? :unsure Haven't seen anything on that - time for me to go back to the site and read I think!!!!
top 10 on the board qualify for the live final, but it doesn't make any mention of the rulesunsure.gif

1pix.gifhttp://www.maxim-magazine.co.uk/front_advertorials/kingofpoker/howtoq.php howtoqualify.gif How to qualify for the Maxim King of Poker finals! So how do you get a seat at the poker party of the year? Easy, in fact there are so many routes to poker stardom you won't even need a map. Here's how to get your piece of the action: Win one of our weekly tournaments From 5th December , Monday nights are Maxim King of Poker nights. Make sure you're in the weekly final as the winner will go straight to April's star-studded final. And your money's no good here you know; the only way to get a place in the weekly final is by qualifying in one of the two, yes two, free tournaments that are running every day at 14:00 and 20:00 GMT. And with the top 27 from each of these going forward to the Monday final, even the world's worst poker player has got a decent shot. Back to top Win a monthly prize draw If you can't win it using your poker skills, you can always try relying on blind luck. Everyone who plays in any daily qualifier will automatically be entered into our monthly prize draw Back to top Qualify through the leaderboard Each week we'll be running a leaderboard that show's how well you're doing (or not). redsq.gifIf you're in the top ten come March then you'll be playing in poker's most glamorous competition. Back to top Collect the most action points Every time you play poker for real money at VC Poker, you earn action points. And, if by March, you're the top action point collector, you're coming to the party to play for poker glory! Back to top Be the King of the Cash Games It's not all about tournaments. Be the King of the Cash Games - that is, win more than anyone else - to book your place at the poker event in April. Back to top Win our monthly bounty tournament Each month we'll be running a special bounty tournament where one poor sod will be nominated as a "bounty". It's your job to knock them out of the tournament; do so, and you're coming to the Maxim King of Poker finals. Back to top

Qualify through the leaderboard Each week we'll be running a leaderboard that show's how well you're doing (or not). If you're in the top ten come March then you'll be playing in poker's most glamorous competition. Back to top
Worth highlighting this (cheers Fenners :ok) - as it is a GREAT chance for any of us to qualify - if you have the time (this runs twice a day till March :loon), then you should do well!! Top 10 (who haven't qualified by other means) will go through!!! Lets fill those spaces for PL!!!!!!! Also - if anyone wants to help promote PL - the Tribeca software allows you to edit your location - I think putting "PuntersLounge.com" really helped us attract some (quality) members during the Sun tourney - would be good if we could do the same here :ok

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 GAF thought it would be a good idea to put the times they run each day. Hopefully they won't change start times of them at the last minute, unlike some pikey sites. :@ :@ :wall :wall Tournament start times each day are - 2pm 8pm Nice idea with the players record table :ok

Worth highlighting this (cheers Fenners :ok) - as it is a GREAT chance for any of us to qualify - if you have the time (this runs twice a day till March :loon), then you should do well!! Top 10 (who haven't qualified by other means) will go through!!! Lets fill those spaces for PL!!!!!!! Also - if anyone wants to help promote PL - the Tribeca software allows you to edit your location - I think putting "PuntersLounge.com" really helped us attract some (quality) members during the Sun tourney - would be good if we could do the same here :ok
you defo recruited one quality member but as with everything you have to take the rough with the smooth so I guess youll just have to put up with danno