** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

rippyuk

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Muppets again:@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ This ain't the King of Poker this is who's lucky enough to steal all the blinds and who can play any 2 cards and hit everything. :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ SACK OF SHITE. :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ I give up can't keep playing like this. :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ Discon feckin city :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ Mind you what do i expect from a lads Magazine. :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ Right rant over Monday night tourneys after iv'e qualified. Shove the leaderboard up your Arse Maxim.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 I played like a right Muppet today!!! I arrived at the table a few minutes late - they were all discons, except 1 - he had just been picking up the blinds. After I arrived, he still wanted to take ALL of the blinds, and I felt I had to make a stand - so I made a couple of ill judged stands and that was it!!!!! With a bit of patience I'd have annihilated him!!!!

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 I qualified for this weeks final which is on Monday by finishing 18th in the heat this afternoon. Ironically I had forgotten about the tournament and only remembered after 45 mins. When I turned up I was down to 765 chips and in 176 place out of 261. Fortunately there were only 2 other guys playing as everyone else had failed to turn up. I went all in a few times and stole as many blinds as I could and got up to 4,000 quite quickly. At about this point we started to get more active players on the table and fortunately I managed to double up twice which put me into 5th place on about 16k. From that point on I basically mucked everything unless it was a premium hand and I still chucked some of them when I was out of position. Still I managed to hold on and I will look forward to Mondays tournament. I think the only problem is that it clashes with the 32Red Freeroll!!

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 So this is the Punter's Lounge eh.... I had to pop in and have a look, as I was on a table with GaF in tonights Maxim KOP game, and saw in his profile a link to this thread named "See my predictions on the final position of the top 160 in the Maxim leaderboard." And as I am now a member of the forum, I guess you can add me to the list of PL players on the table. I'll try to keep hold of 1st place for as long as possible guys! I had a very good day today, 6/261 and 8/242, a nice 498 points to add to my score, giving me 9454 points in total. I've been keeping a record of my results since the last leaderboard update on Friday (4 games, 892 points, since then). :ok I've had a very good week on the MKOP games in fact, but it's back to work next week, and down to luck as to how many points I get as a disconnect/sit-out in the weekday 2pm games. I see that Morlspin, Ubermonkey and richygriff have also joined this forum recently. They're good lads, I met them back in June at the MKOP final in London. I was already set to go to the event as a guest for a mate (Gudgeon), who qualified as one of the 'highest monthly movers' on the leaderboard, but I also got an email inviting me there as an alternate, as I myself finished 19th in the leaderboard. Thankfully, I actually got to play rather than just watch, and finished in about 20th place overall (out of 60). I played on the same table as Morlspin in fact, at least until he went out... ;) If any of you guys qualify for the grand final, and it's held at the same venue as last time (the 'Pacha' nightclub), I can recommend a lovely £35-a-night nearby hotel/B&B, with a *gorgeous* view of the back of Victoria station, complete with about a dozen sets of railway tracks. The trains only go by and wake you up about every 10 minutes... :wall And I suggest you practice playing live poker with really loud music disturbing your concentration, as that's the environment that we had to endure... :@ P.S. I in no way consider myself to be a particularly good poker player, I play a live game once a month with mates and usually do quite badly, but the MKOP games suit my (normally) patient style quite well. It's all about getting further than the disconnects, and picking up those points...

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Hiya nufc - :welcome to the Lounge - glad you found your way to us and PL can now lay claim to having the tournament leader as a member :ok Hopefully you'll be going back to the MKOP again this year, and with a bit of luck, a few of us will be joining you :ok

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Played steady today (yesterday) finishing 30th and 19th respectively adding 463 points and moving up to 21st (from 26th). I am now 620 points away from 10th (down from 730). GaF I now have you in 57th, although it was 65th after the 2pm game. :welcome nufc - I know I cannot catch you up so happy to see you scoring well as it is one fewer point for everyone else below you each time ! Agree your total points tally - your lead over 2nd place is 1040 and you are 1891 points ahead of 10th - a tremendous effort so far :clap

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Ouch - what a stinker!!! Why wasn't I disciplined enough to sit out? Had a nice stack - about 9000. Got AQ - bet 3x BB - called by Button!! Flop comes QQx - nice - put a small bet in - re raises to almost put me all in - I reraise all in which he calls - he shows a pair of Jacks - and gets a J on the river grrrrrrrrr.......... So by playing , I got about 70 points less than if I'd sat out - but the potential gain if I'd done well would have been another 20 points!!! When will I learn that the rewards through playing on beyond the break are less than the rewards for sitting out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 :welcome nufc40. Was bullying you today mate (me SB you BB), at the later stages :lol. Naah always had something. I have no chance in the leaderboard, so only playing when theres nothing else to play. Made a final table today in 4th position. Got highest pair (9s) with A, turn low card and leader puts me all in (40k). I call. He shows and only 8 on the river can win it for him. You damn right he gets it :lol :(. Looks like we going to have another TV star :clap.

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 I know I shall stop posting on this thread when things start going wrong, but for the moment ...... I hung around long enough to finish 63rd in the 2pm and managed to win the 8pm tonight :nana (3rd win since 23rd December so, Sharpe, do occasionally do more than just hang on ;) ). Total points today 473 to take me up to 18th (from 21st) and the gap to 10th spot is now 428 (down from 620). Sorry I took you out this evening GaF (oo-er) - my reckoning has you up one place into 56th.

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

I know I shall stop posting on this thread when things start going wrong, but for the moment ...... I hung around long enough to finish 63rd in the 2pm and managed to win the 8pm tonight :nana (3rd win since 23rd December so, Sharpe, do occasionally do more than just hang on ;) ). Total points today 473 to take me up to 18th (from 21st) and the gap to 10th spot is now 428 (down from 620). Sorry I took you out this evening GaF (oo-er) - my reckoning has you up one place into 56th.
Well done mate - I loved our date :unsure Glad you were able to put my chips to good use :ok Another poor day for me - can't believe I'm still going up!!! I think you'll storm this and qualify with no problem!!!! :ok :ok

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 I never really got going at all in tonight's game, but a couple of last-stand all-ins came good for me. I never looked like getting anywhere near the final table, so I'm pleased to have finished in 41st place, and got a decent amount of leaderboard points. :ok