VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

rippyuk

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Thought since everyone was asking me to join this I'd better check it out. So greetings all! By my reckoning I'm second on the board now, so just gotta keep going! (for another 10 weeks!!!!) 9th was not a bad result. First prize of the year after a 12th and 15th!

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

I appreciate your comments Run. It would be good to stay up there. If I were you I'd look out for Ronay nipping at your heels!
He (or is it she) is making good ground - up to 34th on my list from 57th on 3rd Jan. I made similar moves but it's a lot tougher in the top 11-20. Certainly gonna be interesting ..... ..... on which point after last week's thrilling exclusive that 3 of the top 10 at that time hadn't made the weekly final, this week all 10 did but 30 of the top 100 didn't :zzz

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Pheeeeew adrenaline still pumping. :nana :cow :nana :cow :nana :cow. Thats better. First of all, thank you guys for a great support as usual. FT you can consider being stand up comedian :lol. Top man. Well, playing very aggressive payed out tonight and I liked my new approach. One of other memorable hands when I had 10k and went all in with 22. Some one called and I beat his AK :$. On to the final table, it bloody hurt when I had KK and called big raise. I think flop was Q10* and guy goes all in. I check he shows A10 and gets A on the turn :\. Could have been double chip leader then. Anyway guys, I swear on my life, I wanted Ipod more than anything. Its on the top of my buy list. Im absolutely over the moon :cow. When there were 3 of us left, chances were slim as leader had 250k and us two around 60k each. I knew I was going all in each hand and either get lucky or get nano. Well nano it is :gimme. Ohh :welcome Spur and Ronay :clap. Yes FT it is indeed my PB there :D.

From your point of view ignore the forecast on page 16 of this thread
Hmmm...... You're obviously quite confident the forecast is a long way off the mark...... I presume of the 10 I say will get there, you find "The Skinner" the most unlikely to make it? Do you think his scoring rate will go down, or do you think that what he's forecast to get won't be enough? (i.e. the others scoring rate will go up)? :ok

Hmmm...... You're obviously quite confident the forecast is a long way off the mark...... I presume of the 10 I say will get there, you find "The Skinner" the most unlikely to make it? Do you think his scoring rate will go down, or do you think that what he's forecast to get won't be enough? (i.e. the others scoring rate will go up)? :ok
Not a long way off the mark GaF but for me theDotster is the stand-out improver recently. He had a poor Sunday (total 105 points) but in the 6 games prior to that had averaged 260 per game. Since I've been tracking scores (29/12) only ASlatz and Lez haves moved out of top 10 (replaced by Dot and sly snake). Places 2-4 have changed about as have 5-10 but all solid players there, generally outlasting the sitouts and with 300 plus playing the 8pm there are more points to be had (and lost). Of your forecast I am definitely flattered in 1st as I think is, if he will forgive me, Galronix in 3rd. The others who may not reach their place are The Skinner in 7th and Chess in 8th. I'm not saying anyone can't get there but I don't think it is as straightforward as maintaining an average to date. I can see a top ten average score needing to be over 200 (if not when calculated from the start, definitely from now going forwards). The targets in the current top 10 are (not surprisingly) hulagirl in 9th and repoman7166 in 10th - they are there because they have been less consistent than those above them. From what I've seen sly snake in 8th lives up to his name and will be hard to shift. I would rather already have the points on the board than playing catch-up as most of us are. ;)

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Cheers Run :ok Yes I can see what you're saying - the turning point was when they published the tables - I know my scoring improved dramatically at that point. If the Dotster averages anything like 200 points per game, there's no way on earth he'll be removed from the top 10!!!!

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Who cares about this bloody two-bit lottery of a competition? Bah! Humbug! :@ :@ :@ But :welcome to our new recruits. Ronay, Spurman, and The Dotster. And don't let Heniek fool you into thinking he was playing tonight either. ;) :tongue2 :nana :nana :nana :nana Well played Heniek. :cow :cow :cow :cow :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy Star.:ok

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 hi guys, thought it was about time i said hello, ive been a member for a while and posted under another name wishing your guys good luck in the sun poker final. it was great to meet rippy, brael and the one that stole all my chips. ive been following runadrums as he has played the same number of games as me and we have been moving up the table together, until a week or so ago when i had a few bad results. but my last 6 or 7 results have been good and ive moved from 32nd to 21st . great work whoever is doing the table, i hope i can get the 8th place that it shows. anyway crap result in tonights final, 112th, always next week but i could do without 4 - 5 hours of maxim everday. good luck all in qualification and well played members who have already made it to the final.

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 :welcome chess.

ive been a member for a while and posted under another name wishing your guys good luck in the sun poker final. it was great to meet rippy, brael and the one that stole all my chips.
Meeting them didn't put you off joining. WOW :eek Good to have you on board. The proper players will say hiya later.;)

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Sorry, bit late reply, but I had to go to bed, must be my age! Thanks for the welcomes and the votes of confidence. You will often see myself and Ronay not so much fighting, but bickering :lol and like she says it's just a way of showing affection ! Anyone else agree with Chess, as I do, about the length of time this comp is taking?

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 :welcome Chess! :ok

Anyone else agree with Chess' date=' as I do, about the length of time this comp is taking?[/quote'] Totally... I'm actually giving serious consideration to withdrawing from it altogether. Although I'm now up to 74th place on the leaderboard I'm still 2,900 points adrift of 10th and would have to play a lot of the qualifiers to have any hope of making it up. To qualify for the weekly final too means putting aside 2 hours at some point during the week. This is something I just don't have the time for and the chances of me winning the weekly final are slim to narrow. If you fail on the Monday night then you're back to square one. When I qualified for The Sun final there had been a lot of sit-outs which helped me build a stack but this is proving to be more competitive, IMO. I'd honestly rather be playing the Dollar Up on a Monday night but, having had a taste of a competitive live final, I'd love to do it all again! :lol