** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

rippyuk

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

12th. Got clobbered halfway through the second hour by DaMatrix, who won it. Raised to 2000 with 77, to try to go heads up with Mr Sinister, only for DaMatrix to go all in. after consideration (2k was 40% of my stack) I folded, which was the right decision when he turned over AA (no 7 appeared on the board thankfully), but after that I never got any good cards at all. Still, was a cracking night. I think they should invite the top dozen from last year back myself :D
hey spur it was dagodfather not damatrix on our table last year(unless there was a damatrix as well was all a bit of a blur by then),forgot you went out on 7s to him so did i in 9th(1 off ft dolt).i reckon you will qualify anyway as long as you keep playing,so keep up the good work

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Galronix - Have 2 apologise for the bit of slow play earlier... just all i could do 2 stop the idiot next to me from blind robbing. Wouldn't share with me.. would buckle when mm came along and asked. He was an idiot thank goodness we all came out with a few points. Either that or perhaps his check button was broken:@ :@ :@ :@

Galronix - Have 2 apologise for the bit of slow play earlier... just all i could do 2 stop the idiot next to me from blind robbing. Wouldn't share with me.. would buckle when mm came along and asked. He was an idiot thank goodness we all came out with a few points. Either that or perhaps his check button was broken:@ :@ :@ :@
Ronay - thats ok...he was being a bit of an dickhead but we come across them all the time...i took a few chips off him but he was very lucky on the river. :ok

:nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana hurrah won today ' date='wp morls as well 7th of 272 thatll help with the board mate ,and galtronix scored good points as well ,top stuff pl[/quote'] Well played mate...i'm watching you right now...gl mate and if you win you will be godlike :notworthy

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Did think about posting this after the 2pm when I had moved up to 11th - and I should have done cos after the 8pm I am back to 14th :wall After checking against the latest Maxim leaderboard I have made three corrections to mine but can't remember if any were in the top 40. The column in blue is the one that the official leaderboard has duplicated. Any more results like tonight and I shall start letting Maxim do the maths cos I might stand a better chance with them :rollin (leaderboard deleted)

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 IM SO PEED OFF WITH PEOPLE WHO INSIST ON GOING ALL IN FROM THE START WHEN THERE ARE A LOT OF DISCONS, DAD OUT 2ND LAST, ME OUT JUST AFTER, BOTH OF US WITHIN 10 MINS OF THE GAME STARTING, DAD = POCKET 8'S Idiot = 76 table = 45689 Out! Me = Pocket 9's Idiot = A9 Flop K A K 10 7 Out! I Hate VC at times

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 It's a shame that VC don't kick off all the discons after 10mins at the start like some other poker sites do. It does ruin the game for the players that turn up to play as some players get on a table full of discons and 'blind steal' for ages and build up a quick 10,000 - 15,000 chip lead, while others play 'real' poker and battle it out. (I have done both so I know it's 'swings and roundabouts') It would just make for a fairer and more enjoyable game all round if VC could do something to help this situation, as at the moment I think everyone just signs at the start of the week for every game if they can make it or not (and you can't blame them cause this way they are guaranteed league points either way) Anyway mini moan over for the day - ( can you tell I was also knocked out early on today:lol )

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 :(

IM SO PEED OFF WITH PEOPLE WHO INSIST ON GOING ALL IN FROM THE START WHEN THERE ARE A LOT OF DISCONS' date=' [/quote'] Just thought I'd join in the mini-moan too, get it out of my system. Also sick of idiots raising all in on tables of discons.. met 2 or 3 this week... First time i actually said ffs to someone and really meant it.:@ Wish they would just bugger off and play in a freeroll. Also on the subject of discons finding it so so tiring playing this points game... having to play so so tight & wait until discons almost go just so i can get a reasonable score.... aargh. My head hurts. Not enjoying game at the moment. :( OK moan over ;)

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Hmmmmm.......those discons are so frustrating........ I see PL now have the top 4 forecast qualifiers signed up :lol :lol - Lombardo is forecast at number 5 - anyone "know him"? If you get the chance, let him know we exist and see if he's interested in joining :ok

Hmmmmm.......those discons are so frustrating........ I see PL now have the top 4 forecast qualifiers signed up :lol :lol - Lombardo is forecast at number 5 - anyone "know him"? If you get the chance, let him know we exist and see if he's interested in joining :ok
Yeah i have lombardo on my yahoo messenger mates list, ill ask him to come over

For info' date=' (especially for Galronix who seemed a bit concerned), was out to lunch today as was my mothers b'day. I'll take 71st as a dcon!!.:D[/quote'] Sorry Spurman for sounding like an old mother hen. As it happens it was me that knocked you out! See you in the 8pm G p.s. Happy Birthday Mum :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin