VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

rippyuk

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

WP Heniek and Kestral :clap
Thanks jommel and everyone else who gave support last night, I won a years subscription to Maxim & poker player magazine - I signed up last month for a years subscription to poker player :\ might send an email to see if they would extend my subscription to 2 years as my auction during the tournament for the subscription didn't get a high enough bid :rollin (although I might hold you to yours F-tipper as it was the funniest)
Anyone else agree with Chess, as I do, about the length of time this comp is taking?
I started the league way to late as well (which is my fault and not a moan) and although i've had some good results lately, I think I would have to play every game every day until the end of tournament to stand a hope of catching the leaders. As Jommel and Brael have said, thats a lot of time committed to one tournament. I'll just keep plugging away at the weekly finals. :welcome to all the new members.

WP Heniek and Kestral :clap The Ipod Nano is very smart Heniek :)
Thank you guys. I have only realised when there were 2 tables left, that you are still in and was really hoping for three of us in last 9 :(. New week, new hope. Dont look at the last place in todays early qualifier :rollin. Yep , proudly present...... myself. Oh come on. First hand I get JJ and raise 300. One call and flop 235. All in and dude calls me with A8 :eek. Next two cards 44 :puke. Was it bad play or mI a real muppet :unsure?

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 :welcome SPUR, DOTS, CHESS, RONAY Glad to see some of the original clan joining PL. What i find most annoying this year is the timing of the games, especially the 2pm ones. Its a bummer if your a worker. What was wrong with the 5pm games like last year? Could we all complain and see what happens perhaps? I reckon thats how steve aka nufc40 is top of the league now lol! (only joking m8) Anyway, see ya all later for our daily dose of fun (at times) and hopefully we all qualify 1st day of asking. TC AND GL Morls

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Before today's report I want to vent my spleen about two players on the same table in the final 40 while I was there who I am sure is the same guy - ESD IV and eddy131. eddy131 bragged in the final I think 2 weeks ago that he had already won a weekly final (the week before) using his other identity - ESD IV. So when I see them both I ask which one eddy is playing and he refuses to admit he is playing both. Not once did I see either do anything but fold to the other's blinds or raises :spank. I don't object to people trying to qualify under two identities, especially when there were no cash prizes in tonight's game (he finished 8th & 10th). I do object if they try to hide the fact (or blatantly lie) and once caught don't have the decency to sit one out. :@ I'm afraid I asked VC to look into it which they said they would do :$. Right, today I finished 29th in the 2pm and 34th in the 8pm so have not yet qualified. But 319 points good enough to break the 10,000 barrier and take me back up one place to 13th on my leaderboard (not theirs which still owes me 113 points). 10th place is now only 154 points away :nana . Lez finished 4th tonight to jump up two into 10th replacing repoman who is now 11th. Only 5 of tonight's 27 qualifiers are in the current top 100 !

sorry for the faces kids ............... but yes i did download it from the maxim site and had all other prgrams closed at the time and still no response but the same i/o error....
Sorry for trying to help but that's as far as my technological knowledge goes ! If anything's bust and I can't see any obvious wires hanging loose that should be joined together but aren't ... I can't fix it ! ;)

Before today's report I want to vent my spleen about two players on the same table in the final 40 while I was there who I am sure is the same guy - ESD IV and eddy131. eddy131 bragged in the final I think 2 weeks ago that he had already won a weekly final (the week before) using his other identity - ESD IV. So when I see them both I ask which one eddy is playing and he refuses to admit he is playing both. Not once did I see either do anything but fold to the other's blinds or raises :spank. I don't object to people trying to qualify under two identities, especially when there were no cash prizes in tonight's game (he finished 8th & 10th). I do object if they try to hide the fact (or blatantly lie) and once caught don't have the decency to sit one out. :@ I'm afraid I asked VC to look into it which they said they would do :$. Right, today I finished 29th in the 2pm and 34th in the 8pm so have not yet qualified. But 319 points good enough to break the 10,000 barrier and take me back up one place to 13th on my leaderboard (not theirs which still owes me 113 points). 10th place is now only 154 points away :nana . Lez finished 4th tonight to jump up two into 10th replacing repoman who is now 11th. Only 5 of tonight's 27 qualifiers are in the current top 100 !
Yup i saw it aswell...not once did they go head to head in fact I can only remember a cpl of times when they both saw the flop..... :sad

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Re: ESD IV and eddy131 There are quite a few player names with their location as 'MGS' playing on the Maxim tables, including these two. During the MKOP 2005 qualifiers earlier this year, I asked River_Wood about this, as his location was also listed as 'MGS'. He replied that it means 'M..... Grammar School' (I forget what the M... town/city name actually was). So I asked him if that meant that he was under 18 years old, to which he replied "no, I am in the upper sixth form". Fair enough I thought. The thing is, he is playing again this time around, still with 'MGS' as his location. Mmmm, either he's repeating a year, or I smell a rat. TBH, I think there's quite a few under 18's playing from MGS, some with more than one username, some using an online Messenger to tell each other what hands they have, etc. A couple of weeks ago, I even saw one MGS player admit that he was 14 years old in the chat window. I informed VC about this via the manager/help chat, but I doubt anything came of it. Having under 18's playing, and potentially winning prizes that should go to legitimate players, just isn't on IMHO... :@

Re: ESD IV and eddy131 There are quite a few player names with their location as 'MGS' playing on the Maxim tables, including these two. During the MKOP 2005 qualifiers earlier this year, I asked River_Wood about this, as his location was also listed as 'MGS'. He replied that it means 'M..... Grammar School' (I forget what the M... town/city name actually was). So I asked him if that meant that he was under 18 years old, to which he replied "no, I am in the upper sixth form". Fair enough I thought. The thing is, he is playing again this time around, still with 'MGS' as his location. Mmmm, either he's repeating a year, or I smell a rat. TBH, I think there's quite a few under 18's playing from MGS, some with more than one username, some using an online Messenger to tell each other what hands they have, etc. A couple of weeks ago, I even saw one MGS player admit that he was 14 years old in the chat window. I informed VC about this via the manager/help chat, but I doubt anything came of it. Having under 18's playing, and potentially winning prizes that should go to legitimate players, just isn't on IMHO... :@
Maidstone is what the M stands for.... The way to check is the IP address as all schools have an identifier that the chat rooms can check (part of the government's thing to curb peado's) I agree, there is something suspicious about the MGS crew. I can just imagine the scene.... They all sit in a classroom/computer suite telling each other thier hands and folding/betting accordingly for the 2pm and using MSN for the 8pm. I think the way to tell is if there is 2 or more on the same table, I'm sure there will be a delay whilst they confer. (infact that could be for anyone playing using MSN) As for being in the "upper sixth" my son was 18 in the march as he finished 6th form in the june after the exams so they would be very close to 18 but my guess would be that they could all be under 18. I seem to remember a coversation with riverwood who told me that they are all EX grammer school but that doesn't get around what's been said about dual accounts. It will be interesting if any of them get to the GF and we see who turns up ;) G

thanks for the help i guess i won't be able to play in the quilifiers shame really i'm pretty good player but thanks for the help ...........runadrum
The only thing i can suggest is to send them an email telling them you could not download there software and, if its like the Sun one they will send you the file in an email.On the I/O error i think Red-Fear or someone suggested downloading it onto a new user account.But I emailed them and Titled it urgent 5 mins later they sent me the file and it works perfectly. Hope thats of some help.:ok