VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

rippyuk

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 i know three of the weekly winners esd 1v (first week i think),me(26th dec) and plgaf(2nd jan).not sure who won last week but i bet runadrum can fill in the gaps.thanks for your kind words lombardo its a pleasure to add another excellent player to the forum, at this rate all the top 10 will be pl soon.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

Kent guys. Been to live tournament in Canterbury. Short report here :ok. http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?p=344403&posted=1#post344403
hiya heniek .this is just what im looking for:clap , thanks for the write up ill definately go this sunday ,hopefully some of the others from kent will up for it ,i think gazza will be but i will mention it to all of them on the tables. ps whats the name of the venue i know a bit of canterbury so ill probly know where it is ,cheers again mate.

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Would it not be better to do as we did last year regarding the timings of the games? 5pm and 8.30pm i think it was, that way, people have a chance of getting in the house in time to play? Even better was the idea before of having 1 game at night and 2 at weekends, but this would hamper the people who work nights, such as my dad for one. I just think its a never ending debate which will only get worse unless addressed by VC asap. Great results yesterday guys, sorry i let the team down. G

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Nice one guys :ok. High street in Canterbury. Post office in the middle of it. Little street next to it. 100yrds down, huge paint-art shop called Chromos. Just ask inside. Club is below this shop. I wont be there on Sunday, cause Im working. you have to be there sharp 6.45 (registration closes). Here is a bit of info about club, but not updated: http://www.stodmarshperudoclub.co.uk/index.html Good luck in tonights final every one :hope.

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Eveing all ;) Thought I'd check in to see what all the fuss is about. It also makes a difference to put a few words down other than WP or UL. I also have a message for PL-Gaz .... You were a Disco on my table last week .............. You pulled a Royal Flush. Good luck to everyone later.

I'll take Maxim's leaderboard thanks as it puts me a few more points ahead of 11th place! If thats ok! Should it all change and Runadrum's leaderboard shows me as having a few more points than Maxim's leaderboard, I'll take his...can I do that? Haha ....... P.S. Does anyone have a list of those who have already made it to the London Final (i.e. weekly winners)?
Hi Lombardo just to check my maths - Maxim have you 1529 points ahead of All-in Jim in 11th, but only 1439 with me. The difference of 90 is made up of the duplicated 79 you scored in the 2pm on 10th Jan (Jim didn't play that game) and 11 points Maxim mysteriously deducted Jim inbetween leaderboards for no reason I could see - yet to hear their reply ! Re the weekly winners I forgot to note who won last week - not one of the top 100 at that time ! A couple of weeks back PokerNazi claimed to have already qualified but: 1.he might have been lying, 2.it might have been under a different name, 3.possible he was a monthly draw winner as mentioned on the maxim website. good luck to all on PL in tonight's final :hope

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Thanks for all the info runadrum, question is, where in your brain do you store it all?! If im honest, as long as I stay in top 10, I don't really mind where I finish. Am happy if I end up 10th as 1-10 all mean the same thing...a place in London. Weekly just started and Chess is already stealing money off me! P.S. Im not a fan of poker-nazi!

Nah, we're not even half way through the overall tourney Morl so you have to get your chin up and keep on plugging. The other factor is that todays a low(ish) number of players in the tourney. Apart from that, can't give ya any other positive advice.
Cheers Lom m8, I think i come on excited and i get carried away, hence the early finishes or high ones, nothing in between. Ill be back tomorrow, may even skive work and play the 2pm ones lol

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 :welcome Mivi to the PL Well as forcasted...out in 170th...I always peak on a Sun nite, good hands, good size pots. Then Mon nite comes and crap hands all the time. Only played 4 hands, 1. K 9 and a 9 on the flop..last plyer standing. 2. 9 9 but all pictures on the flop and a big raise..folded. 3. K 10 on BB, board :- 6, 8, 7, 9, 2...3/4 of stack in and the git calls and shows 10 J. 4. 9 7 BB..checked, flop 3, 7, 9...all in with 330, same git calls with 8, J ... the turn and river were...feckin J, 8 :wall Sod the points, leaderboard and top 10, play the WF on a bloody Sunday nite, G Sorry all, I needed that :ok

UL gal, i know how you feel m8, its a monday night thing. its getting psycological now!
Tell me mate...you may as well know, I've never been on a WF table and that includes last year. The nearest I've ever been is 15th last year and 20th this year. Yes I think Mon nites have got to me but as Arnie would say "I'll be back". God knows why...it's torture :\