** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Wimbledon 2023

On 7/8/2023 at 7:56 PM, CzechPunter said:

Elina Svitolina to beat Viktoria Azarenka at 2.20 with Unibet

I like Svitolina in this spot at odds against. She really managed to get under Kenin's skin in the last match and, even though I did back Azarenka two rounds ago, I don't think that she deserves this hype just because she's managed to beat Kasatkina, who has a puffbal serve and who seemed to have some physical issues as well.

Congrats

what a match and comeback

Grigor Dimitrov to beat Holger Rune at 1.62 with Bet365

This is the only bet that I like for today. Dimitrov has been in stellar form since the start of the grass court season, and Rune has shown some signs of weakness even against players that are more dangerous on clay courts like himself. Dimitrov's style is more suite to grass, and he's been very quietly flying under the radar. Nobody's thinking about him anymore, yet here he is, doing well - and I think there's every chance that he'll get past Rune as well.

Eubanks is not to trust. Although i was tempting to back him, i changed my mind soon. He is a typical error machine player in very easy points. Similar to Bublic.

I can't trust him against ANY top player in slams. Tsitsipas would be the jackpot for him but personally i am away. NO BET.

Today the best selection in my eyes is Berettini to beat Alcaraz @3 BET 365

The Italian is back to top form, and Alcaraz is not so convincing so far. He is a huge player by any means, but today i fancy the chances of the super strong Italian to pay me

Good luck my punters! 

Marketa Vondrousova to beat Jessica Pegula at 2.20 with William Hill

Watching both play so far, I think that Vondrousova shouldn't be the underdog here, and that it's a 50/50 proposition at the very least. Pegula is yet to face a classy grass court opponent as well, while the Czech has already faced some quality opposition in Vekic, Kudermetova, and even Bouzkova. I'm happy to go with the battle-tested Vondrousova at odds against.

Hello All,

Although I do not post much, I really appreciate the input from all our members starting with our admin CzechPunter under this section and follow here religiously before any Tennis bets.

What do you guys think about the Jabeur / Rybakina game ? I am leaning towards Rybakina but I would love to hear from our experts.

Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, Giantlife said:

Hello All,

Although I do not post much, I really appreciate the input from all our members starting with our admin CzechPunter under this section and follow here religiously before any Tennis bets.

What do you guys think about the Jabeur / Rybakina game ? I am leaning towards Rybakina but I would love to hear from our experts.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think much has changed since they played each other in the final last year - except for the prices, which are reversed. On that basis, Jabeur might represent some value but even so I think Rybakina wins as she handles the big moments better. Part of that is down to having a metronomic game style which means everything is repeatable and that's in stark contrast to Jabeur, who has lots of variety in her game and who sometimes seems to be unable to decide which shot to play out of the myriad of shots she possesses. When you're under pressure you want to be able to fall back on patterns of play that don't require too much thought and in that sense Rybakina has the edge.

4 hours ago, vvararu said:

Hey guys.

Who followed Medvedev and Eubanks so far. Does the american stand a chance today?

I have a small wager at 500/1 e/w on Eubanks to win the title but I think it comes to an end today. Truth be told he was lucky to beat Tsitsipas, who was the better player for most of the match I would say, and it was really only in the last two sets that Eubanks upped his level enough to edge out the Greek, but I can't see Meds allowing the same to happen.

Eubanks might be able to keep the pressure on enough to grab a set but it will take a poor day at the office for the Russian and a very good one for the American, for him to make it through to the semis.

I'm not saying it doesn't, it very well might. I just can't bring myself to trust her. I had a post here backing Vondrousova at 2.00+, but that was because I read the odds wrong early in the morning. As an underdog, I'd enjoy backing her. With the odds as they are, though, I think it's probably fair overall.

Carlos Alcaraz (-1.5 sets) to beat Daniil Medvedev at 1.76 with Unibet

Alcaraz is 10-0 on grass so far this season, and he will obviously be keen to lock himself a spot in the finals convincingly today. He crushed Medvedev when the two last met early in this season, and he's been the better player all year long. Medvedev is also yet to be tested in this event - Eubanks tested him, but he's hardly a world class player, which says a lot. Can't see past Alcaraz in this one, Medvedev would somehow have to switch back to his best, and he hasn't been able to do that for ages now.

Vondrousova - Jabeur

My first reaction seeing the odds 2.80 on Vondrousova was how is it possible odds are so big on her; this being a final and except if i am wrong she beat opponents as worthy as opponents that Jabeur beat , she already beat Jabeur twice this year on hard , i feel those odds are purely based on public perception of the rankings of the 6th playing  against the 42nd.

I'll take Vondrousova and will split my betting amount 30% on the 1st set and 70% on final win.

Alex Michelsen (+1.5 sets) to beat Kei Nishikori at 1.72 with bet365 (Challenger Chicago, USA)

Nishikori is trying to make a big comeback and the signs are positive, but the young American has impressed me a lot with his game so far. I think he's immensely talented and it'll be a shame if he doesn't find a way to bring this talent into fruition at some point. He's definitely capable of beating Nishikori today, let alone grabbing a set.

12 hours ago, 888888 said:

Vondrousova - Jabeur

My first reaction seeing the odds 2.80 on Vondrousova was how is it possible odds are so big on her; this being a final and except if i am wrong she beat opponents as worthy as opponents that Jabeur beat , she already beat Jabeur twice this year on hard , i feel those odds are purely based on public perception of the rankings of the 6th playing  against the 42nd.

I'll take Vondrousova and will split my betting amount 30% on the 1st set and 70% on final win.

In fact, I'd say Vondrousova managed to beat stronger players than Jabeur's opponents (Jessica & Elina). 

I mean, I know Aryna & Elena are considered to be better players than Pegula & Svitolina, but the latter duo played really inspiring tennis in this Wimbledon. Sabalenka & Rybakina both fell short of expectations I think.

Edited by Foo_Fighter

Marketa Vondrousova to beat Ons Jabeur at 2.88 with Bet365

I very much agree that the odds are overrating Jabeur, and I'll back Vondrousova yet again here at odds this high. Nerves will play a role, and everything is possible, but the 3-3 H2H (with Vondrousova winning the most recent showdown in Indian Wells this year) is evidence enough that Vondrousova can very much beat her.

Carlos Alcaraz to beat Novak Djokovic at 2.65 with Unibet

I'm also going to side with the underdog in the finals tomorrow, I think there's some value in the odds. Djokovic is the more accomplished, for sure, but he's been showing plenty of signs of weakness here and there, and I think Alcaraz will have enough opportunities. I don't think there's as much value here as in Vondrousova today, but I'd nevertheless be like 2.37 here. 

19 minutes ago, sterziyskii said:

Great call. For tomorrow I think I'll go for Over 40.5 on Alcaraz - Djokovic. I personally think Djokovic will win again but it's not going to be easy. Even if Alcaraz wins the 40.5 line should be a pretty easy over. 

Agree.

Michelsen breadsticked Kei Nishikori in the third set. The 18 y.o California kid means business! I'm not gonna bet on his semifinal today though. I'll place a bet on the other semi instead. The French fella is a reliable server and has too much firepower for Shimizu. 

G.M Perricard to beat Yuta Shimizu at 1.53 with bet365

I'm also adding: Richard Gasquet to win in straight sets against Daniel Rincon at 2.1 with bet365

Edited by Foo_Fighter

Djokovic 3-1 @3.94 Marathonbet

Nole is a favourite for good reasons. He is more versatile and ecperienced player. Alcaraz will startti with high confidence and is very hungry. He can take a set, maybe the first one, but nothing more. IMO this bet has enough value. GL you all! 

Edited by timovk