** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

L1, L2, and Scottish Predictions > Aug 23rd - 25th

Sunderland vs AFC Wimbledon

Sunderland

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Marc McNulty (3/0 f), Duncan Watmore (1/0 m), Ethan Robson (0/0 m), Glenn Loovens (0/0 d, left teh club)

Suspended: -

AFC Wimbledon

Doubtful: Will Nightingale (1/0 d, captain)

Out (injuries/other): Anthony Wordsworth (0/0 m), Ossama Ashley (0/0 m)

Suspended:

Bristol Rovers vs Oxford United

Bristol Rovers

Doubtful: Liam Sercombe (3/0 m), Mark Little (2/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): Tareiq Holmes-Dennis (0/0 d), Sam Matthews (0/0 m)

Oxford United

Doubtful: Shandon Baptiste (0/0 m, probably in), Dan Agyei (0/0 f), George Thorne (0/0 m)

Out (injuries/other): Malachi Napa (0/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Coventry vs Gillingham

League One is in a state of disarray right now with Bury's future hanging in the balance and Bolton's situation also shrouded in uncertainty. In amongst all the madness, we also have the comparatively calm circumstances at Coventry where they are playing their home games at St Andrew's in Birmingham. Their latest home match there is this 3pm BST kick-off this Saturday afternoon against Gillingham.

Coventry didn't have the best of starts to their league season when they drew 0-0 against an inexperienced Bolton side in their second game. Luckily, Mark Robins has seen his side remain undefeated after four league games with 2 wins and 2 draws. It means the Sky Blues are sat in 3rd place and just 2 points off the top of the table. So far at their temporary home it's two wins with two clean sheets kept.

Gillingham were a side some tipped to be dark horses this season under the management of the controversial Steve Evans. Unfortunately, it's been an unsettled start to their campaign with just 2 points coming from their 3 league matches. Their game against Bury was of course suspended due to the ongoing problems there. There has been cause for optimism but that first win remains elusive and until it comes the morale of the side might struggle to pick up.

Before their last game, Coventry had looked so defensively secure with three clean sheets in their first three league games. However, the 3-3 draw with Portsmouth away in midweek threw that to the curb. Gillingham have scored 4 in their 3 league matches so it could be another test for Robins and his men. I think they'll cope though and I would be surprised to see Coventry fail to win this one in a low-scoring affair.

Coventry to Win @ 2.00 with Ladbrokes

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.96 with Marathonbet

Last week it was probably brave and stupid to put faith in Bolton youth :D This week i see goals over place in Leyton - Crawley game. Crawley was one of relegation candidates this year but i've spoken with their u23 coach who told me they could probably sneak in battle for playoffs, team chemistry is great and it seems they are compact as a unit. He was even more sure after last week in that scenario. Leyton had crazy game with Mansfield who is leaking goals everywhere but they definitely have power to hurt anyone in this division and i feel the same about Crawley, especially because teams tend to underestimate them in beggining of this season so my bet would ve both teams to score and over 2.5. Good luck to everyone.

The home team wins but with teams of low potential in the league for me this year. The guests started with a difficult schedule but this year I believe they will be well placed in the category. They have a tough 1-0 away defeat at Oxford and a 2-0 victory at Southend. I think they are stabilizing in performance and they deserve the risk of winning.

AWAY WIN - (2.87)

JPG.jpg

Albion Rovers were absolutely terrible last season, but seem much improved so far this year (which isn't exactly hard!). 

They picked up a point last weekend in a 4-4 draw at home to title favourites Cove Rangers. Brechin meanwhile have lost their first 3 league games since being relegated to League Two, and haven't actually won a game since the the 26th March. 

Albion at above evens seems a pretty generous price. 

One more match with high odds from England Tomahawks. Very ugly start for the guests. I don't think they deserve it. This bad set of results will make me passionate about a team not so experienced in the class. It is an opportunity to raise both the morale and the power of the hospitable team.

AWAY WIN - (2.87)

JPG.jpg

Celtic vs Hearts

My second preview in this week's thread comes north of the border in Scotland where SPL league leaders Celtic host an under-performing Hearts in a 3pm BST kick-off at Celtic Park. These two were often seen as rivals in the past but if this season carries on as it is then we could be looking at them playing in different divisions next season because their early season form could not be much more polarised.

Celtic fans have had mixed emotions so far. Neil Lennon has guided his team to the top of the table with two wins from their two league games so far. However, they suffered an unexpected premature exit from the Champions League against Romanian side CFR Cluj and are now entangled in a play-off round tie with Swedish club AIK in the Europa League. Bitter rivals Rangers could well have leap frogged their Glaswegian neighbours by the time kick-off arrives so there could be added pressure heading into this game.

Hearts look a shadow of the club that started last season with 6 wins and 1 draw from their first 7 league games last season. Whatever magic Craig Levein weaved back then is now long forgotten. The club has only managed to earn 1 point from their 2 league games so far and that single point came in a very uninspiring 0-0 draw at home to Ross County two weeks ago. It's not looking good so far for the Edinburgh club.

Unless there is serious improvement by Hearts this could be a very painful game for them. The signing of central midfielder Loic Damour is a decent one by Levein. I always had a soft spot for him at Cardiff and he was never really given a run of games whilst never doing anything wrong when he did play. By all accounts, he had a solid start to his Hearts career but they need more. This could end in Celtic steam rollering Hearts by a couple of goals at least.

Celtic -1 @ 1.73 with Betfred

Celtic HT/FT @ 1.83 with Ladbrokes