** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

L1, L2, and Scottish Predictions > May 13th - 19th

league1ratings.jpg

league2ratings.jpg

scotspremratings.jpg

The next week throws up the play-offs across the Football League and the final days of the SPL. Take a look at the odds and ratings then let us know what bets you're putting down! :ok

Forest Green Rovers vs Tranmere

The League Two Play-Off Semi-Finals come to a close this evening when the second leg between Forest Green Rovers and Tranmere takes place at the New Lawn in a 7:45pm kick-off. Newport County booked their place in the Final last night with a win on penalties against Mansfield. Which one of these two sides will join them?

Forest Green Rovers are 1-0 behind after an Ollie Banks screamer separated the two sides at Prenton Park. The Gloucestershire side went down to 10 men early on when Gavin Gunning got sent off so it could have been a lot worse with Tranmere's star striker James Norwood missing a number of gilt-edged chances to add to the score.

One statistic does not bode well for Forest Green Rovers. Each of the last nine clubs that have lost their away first leg in the League Two Play-Off Semi-Finals have failed to turn the tie around and qualify for the Final. Rochdale were the last side to manage such a feat and that was back in 2008.

However, the last time these two sides met at the New Lawn was back in October 2018 earlier this season. It was the home side that prevailed as 3-1 winners on that occasion so they can draw confidence from that game. Tranmere are also without a win in their last four away matches.

I'm really not sure how this will go. I really wasn't expecting Newport County to get past Mansfield. I feel Forest Green Rovers could sneak a win here. It would be typical of the football Gods to punish Tranmere for not making more of their one man advantage in the first leg. The price on Forest Green Rovers seems too good to ignore but even though they might win on the night I'm not sure they'll progress.

Forest Green Rovers to Win @ 2.20 with BetVictor

BTTS @ 2.10 with Betfair

Historic Sunderland has been able to compete in England's League One but has the chance to claim the rise to Championship and in this respect it has made the first step in qualifying in the final of the barrage by winning in the first match in Portsmouth with a 1- 0. Nothing is over yet, as today's rematch is left at the opponent's headquarters. "Black cats" seem more likely to be ready for this big goal and are unable to lose even tonight
PORTSMOUTH FC vs SUNDERLAND AFC @@ +0 Ah SUNDERLAND AFC, odds 2.30

Portsmouth vs Sunderland

The League One Play-Off Semi-Final second legs are coming at us this week with Portsmouth versus Sunderland the focus of our attention today. The two clubs meet in a 7:45pm kick-off at Fratton Park with the visiting side currently holding a 1-0 advantage from the first leg thanks to a Chris Maguire volleyed effort.

Portsmouth will be hoping to have both Lee Brown and Brett Pitman available for selection. Pompey have every right to feel confident that they can turn this tie around due to their record of being unbeaten at home against the Black Cats in their past 7 meetings. It's a record that stretches back to November 1997.

Sunderland are all about holding onto this narrow lead. Jack Ross has seen his appeal against Alim Ozturk's sending off in the first leg succeed. However, Aiden McGeady is a doubt after picking up an injury in the warm-up for the first game. It'll be interesting to see how the Black Cats approach this game. They lost their last two away league games of the season having lost just 2 of their previous 25 away matches in all competitions.

Perhaps ominously, Portsmouth have actually never won a play-off match. That's five matches they've played in the play-offs now. Kenny Jackett will be keen to put that issue to bed. The last League One side to overturn a first leg deficit was Yeovil versus Sheffield United in 2012/13. We shouldn't forget that Portsmouth have a secret play-off weapon in Jackett. Not only has Jackett never lost a home play-off leg but if his side reach the final here then it will be his fourth play-off final as a manager. Only Neil Warnock has qualified for more.

I really can't decide who will win this. The way the play-offs have gone so far it's generally been the away side that has been performing better. Fratton Park has a fierce atmosphere when the fans get behind their team. If they can keep the scores tied in the first half hour then they'll fancy their chances. If they concede early then the players could lose the crowd. I'm going to back Portsmouth to qualify but I'm not sure by what method.

Portsmouth to Qualify @ 2.88 with Betfred

BTTS @ 2.00 with Betfair

Charlton vs Doncaster

The League One Play-Off Semi-Finals come to a conclusion tonight when Charlton and Doncaster meet for their second leg in a 7:45pm kick-off at the Valley. The Addicks hold a narrow 2-1 lead from the first leg but the trend in the Football League Play-Offs so far this season has seen the away side in the second leg prevail victorious on aggregate.

Charlton were the in-form side coming into this game. Lee Bowyer's men have won 11 of their last 14 matches and have not suffered defeat at home in 7 months. That last loss came back on 6th October when they were humbled by Coventry. The club has since turned the Valley into a fortress.

Doncaster will be glad of their 87th minute goal that gives them hope in this tie. At 2-0 down heading into the final minutes of the first leg it appeared a lot of hope had been lost. Matty Blair's scrappy goal has left the tie open. Rovers have also beaten Charlton already this season in the FA Cup 2nd Round. Admittedly, the Addicks did field a weakened side. On the down side, that has been the only win in the last six matches between these two sides for Doncaster.

There's more negativity for Doncaster in the statistics. Charlton have won five of the last six league meetings between these two teams at the Valley managing to keep clean sheets in all five of those wins. It's also now 17 league games unbeaten for Charlton at home in the league and that includes winning the past 6 in a row. What makes this worse is that Doncaster have won just 1 of their last 10 away games in the league.

All of the information points at Charlton consolidating this win over two legs. Their home form is exemplary and Doncaster look like a side that have run out of gas. I'd be very surprised if Doncaster somehow turned this around and I think we're all set for an appetising clash between Sunderland and Charlton in the League One Play-Off Final. Hopefully, it's like the last time those two met in a Play-Off Final!

Charlton to Win @ 2.05 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.96 with RedZone

Berwick v Cove.

I've been thinking about this game all week and i'm convinced there's value in the away win. Cove are a far better team than Berwick and confirmed that with a thumping 4-0 win in the first leg. Tie over. The question is 'How do Cove approach this game?' Do they sit in, defend, spoil the game and see it out or do they open up and play, probably strolling to a comfortable win against weaker opposition. I think the latter, don't really see any reason why they won't.

Cove @ 1.91.