** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

L1, L2, and Scottish Predictions > Oct 6th & 7th

Luton vs Scunthorpe

League One is highly regarded as one of the toughest leagues in the English Football League system with just two teams promoted automatically, one through the play-offs, and then four relegated. So it's no surprise that it's so competitive. This game between Luton and Scunthorpe in a 3pm kick-off at Kenilworth Road this Saturday is no different. So my tips might surprise you.

Luton come into this game as heavy favourites with the bookies. You'd be mistaken for being flabbergasted at the fact that Scunthorpe are actually placed higher in the table at 9th with 17 points compared to Luton's 10th place on 16 points. Nathan Jones guided them to a comfortable promotion campaign last season with an attacking brand of football and they are doing OK in League One.

Scunthorpe suffered disruption last season with managerial changes and this season has already seen Nick Daws depart the club with former Bradford gaffer Stuart McCall coming in. The Iron are unbeaten under the new manager but it's not all sunshine and roses. McCall has tightened up a defence that was conceding far too many but it's come at the expense of their attacking prowess. Two clean sheets in their last two games is encouraging but only one goal has been scored in those two matches. Both games were against struggling sides in Burton and Shrewsbury too. Hardly the biggest test. This match will really see what the resolve of this Scunthorpe defence is like.

The Hatters are not as free-scoring as last season but they are unbeaten at home. Only Sunderland, Portsmouth, and Doncaster have a better record at home than Luton. To be fair, Scunthorpe don't have an awful away record with 2 wins, 2 draws, and just 1 defeat.

Luton should win this game. I'm not sure Scunthorpe's more defensive philosophy under McCall will work coming to this ground. Jones loves his side to attack the opposition and having scored 9 goals in 5 matches at home so far this season it could be a tough ask for McCall's side to extend that clean sheet run.

Luton -1 @ 2.60 with Betfair

BTTS @ 1.87 with Sportingbet

@Papa Lazarou, @freestylerx, @allyhibs, @iBetting, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @kulikTS, @golakeh1, @Unnamed, @willie82, @dogmeister, @TheEdge, @JJG, @allthethings, @Mindfulness, @the bastardian, @teddybear3011, @Marek76, @salmonman, @Unnamed, @mij0sim, @harry_rag, @jazzman02, @Bobby Vegas, @Teodore, @Tiffy, @nenri981, and @sajtion, what bets are you all thinking of placing this weekend?

Blackpool v Rochdale

Blackpool: Harry Pritchard (6/0 m), Chris Taylor (3/0 m)(both doubtful), Joe Bunney (3/0 d), Jimmy Ryan (0/0 m, captain), Max Clayton (0/0 f)

Rochdale: Magnus Norman (5/0 g, suspended), Connor Randall (0/0 d)

Charlton Athletic v Coventry City

Charlton Athletic: Darren Pratley (8/0 m, suspended), Lewis Page (11/0 d), Billy Clarke (0/0 f), Patrick Bauer (8/0 d), Jake Forster-Caskey (0/0 m)

Coventry City: Junior Brown (6/0 d), Max Biamou (4/0 f), Brandon Mason (5/0 d), Jack Grimmer (3/0 d)

Bury FC v Mansfield

Bury FC: Danny Mayor (11/3 m, top scorer, doubtful), Caolan Lavery (2/0 f)

Mansfield: Hayden White (6/0 d, doubtful), David Mirfin (0/0 d), Zander Diamond (0/0 d), Alex MacDonald (8/0 f)

Crawley Town v Cambridge Utd

Crawley Town: Ashley Nathaniel-George (8/2 m), Bondz N'Gala (5/0 d), Joe Maguire (5/0 d)(all doubtful), Jimmy Smith (3/1 m, captain)

Cambridge Utd: Jake Carroll (11/0 d, suspended), Dimi Mitov (3/0 g), Harrison Dunk (3/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

It's slim pickings this week in terms of value, the bookies seem to have everything priced up right. I could probably make a case for Livingston, Ayr Utd, Ross County and East Fife but I'm feeling cautious today so I'll stick to what I know best.

Hibernian v Hamilton

Hibs will win this with a bit to spare, Hibs -1 @ 2.00 is my only bet of the day.

Rangers vs Hearts

The big game from north of the border (sorry @allyhibs) is coming up this weekend with Rangers hosting league leaders Hearts at Ibrox for this 3pm kick-off on Sunday. Celtic and Aberdeen are faltering and it's left a void for the likes of these two sides to give a title push a real crack.

Rangers are progressing well under Steve Gerrard but still prone to the odd slip (apologies Stevie!). Their start to their Europa League campaign has been impressive with a draw against Villarreal away followed by a win at home to Rapid Vienna. The Gers have been less emphatic in domestic action.

Gerrard's side are in 7th place. Their form at home has been encouraging with three wins against St Mirren, Dundee, and St Johnstone. Hardly the most testing opposition but they can only beat what's in front of them. The issue has been their away form. No wins, 2 draws, and 2 defeats so far has left Gerrard with a problem on the road that he needs to fix.

Hearts could not have expected a better start to their league campaign. Craig Levein's men are sitting proudly on top of the Scottish Premier League table with 19 points from their 7 games so far. Their only dropped points coming in a 0-0 draw at home to Livingston. It's a run of results that has been built on a defence that has kept four clean sheets and an attack that has been spear headed by Steven Naismith who has 9 goals in all competitions with 6 of those coming in the league.

It can be argued that the value lies with Hearts here with many bookies pricing them as firm outsiders at 5.00 with Betfred. I think Rangers are a fierce side at home and it's going to be tough for Hearts to win, or even draw here. There's little value in the Rangers win but I think they'll score early and go on to win.

Rangers HT/FT @ 2.70 with Ladbrokes

BTTS @ 1.73 with Betfair

On 04/10/2018 at 10:21 PM, sajtion said:

my punt for the weekend

burnley, watford, middlesbrough, norwich, swansea, west brom, sunderland, charlton, doncaster, portsmouth, mk dons

stake £20   pays £20.000

fingers crossed

that didn't go according to plan. i'm finding this season strange as hell