** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Championship Predictions > May 6th

champratings.jpg

It's the final weekend of the regular Championship season. A lot left to be decided. I'm very nervous but also relieved we've somehow reached this final game with it still in our own hands in spite of Fulham's incredible form. A lot of fans from other clubs are slating Cardiff for their ugly football or Fulham for the money they've spent but it should be noted there is a huge level of respect between the two sets of fans of those two clubs. They both give credit to each other for pushing each other so far. If this league has any justice then both Cardiff and Fulham will go up no matter what.

Anyway, it's Wolves up as champions. Cardiff or Fulham will go up automatically with the other entering the lottery of the play-offs. Aston Villa and Middlesbrough are also confirmed for the play-offs. The remaining play-off spot will go to Derby or Preston. Millwall could still mathematically do it but need results to go their way and a goal swing of 9! So it's not looking likely for the Lions.

At the other end of the table, Sunderland are down already. The remaining two places will go to two out of Bolton, Burton, Barnsley, Birmingham, or Reading. Right now, it's Bolton and Burton that are in the relegation zone and need to better the results of the teams above them to stay up. All five sides have tricky games though so anything could happen. I wouldn't be surprised to see all five lose!

Check out the odds and ratings then share your views. Who do you think is going up? Who will make the play-offs? Who will go down? It's all very exciting now! :ok

Cardiff vs Reading

Well, we've come to the final day of the season and despite everything that Fulham and Aston Villa have thrown at this automatic promotion race it remains Cardiff who have their own fate in their own hands in this final game. As a tipster I am backing Cardiff to get the job done in front of a record home crowd. As a highly charged nervous wreck of a Cardiff fan, I can only foresee disaster and disappointment!

The Bluebirds come into this game as firm favourites. It won't be easy. Reading need a win to secure their place in the Championship next season. They should still be OK even if they lose but they won't want to take any risks. Fulham travel to a much improved Birmingham in the final game so there's promotion and relegation issues that need resolving all over the country.

This one is hard for me. I've seen too many failures at the final hurdle to hold a lot of confidence. However, I have stated for a while now that this Cardiff squad deserve the backing of the fans. They have repeatedly exceeded expectations this season. No matter what happens it's been a cracking campaign and the whole club should be proud. Compare our playing budget to that of the promotion rivals such as Wolves, Fulham, Aston Villa, and Derby. It's incredible we are where we are.

I don't have any choice here. I have to back Cardiff to win. I think there will be nerves so mistakes are almost certain to be made by both sides. My thinking is that Cardiff will win in a high-scoring game. Can Cardiff win by more than one goal? I'd like to think they could having scored 40 goals at home this season with Reading conceding 35 goals on their travels. Come on you Bluebirds!

Cardiff to win and over 2.5 goals scored @ 1.91 with Ladbrokes

Total Corners Over 9.5 @ 1.72

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @harry_rag, @Pipoca, @padman, @Marek76, @silver fox, and @the bastardian, what do you think about this weekend's final games in the Championship?

6 hours ago, waynecoyne said:

i don't know what the forest attitude will be like but bolton look very skinny at odds on

I can only assume the bookies are fancying a late charge by Bolton in a desperate bid to stay up. Forest were decent against us. I think with a few of his own signings Karanka will build a solid team there that could compete for play-offs next season. At the price being offered, I wouldn't go near Bolton.

Birmingham vs Fulham

Another game that could have a huge say in who goes up from the Championship is being played at St Andrew's where relegation-threatened Birmingham will take on promotion-chasing Fulham in a 12:30pm kick-off. Issues at both ends of the table are to be settled here.

Everybody knows how impressive Slavisa Jokanovic's team have been in 2018. Their last defeat in the league came way back on 16th December, 2017. Since then, they have won 18 and drawn 5 of their 23 league matches. They have also won their last 5 league games on the road.

Garry Monk has done his best to rejuvenate The Blues but they remain in 20th place and just 2 points above the drop zone. It's a precarious position but it could have been worse. Since his arrival, Monk has seen Birmingham experience form more suited to a  mid-table side with 4 wins, 1 draw, and 5 losses from his 10 league games in charge.

As a pessimistic Cardiff fan, I'm fully expecting Fulham to win this. Birmingham are greatly improved under Monk but they still lack consistency and that won't change until Monk can bring in his own players. I don't think a loss will see Birmingham relegated and it won't be easy for Fulham. I just can't see past an away win though. A side bet is backing Aleksandar Mitrovic to score having scored 12 goals in his last 13 league games.

Fulham to win @ 1.73 with William Hill

Anytime Scorer: Aleksandar Mitrovic @ 2.12 with 888Sport

Preston vs Burton

The final preview of this last Championship league game weekend of the season comes at Deepdale where play-off hopefuls Preston will entertain relegation battlers Burton in a 12:30pm kick-off. Alex Neil's side will be hoping to win and for Derby to slip up to pinch the last play-off spot. Nigel Clough's team will be praying for things to go their way to stay in the Championship against all odds.

I still remember Preston gatecrashing the play-offs at the expense of Cardiff back in 2009 so their fans will be quietly optimistic they can do it again nine years later. The home side do not possess the best home record with just 8 wins from their 22 games at home in the league. They are also taking on a Burton side that have won 24 of their 41 points in the league on the road.

Funnily enough, playing at home when something so big is at stake can sometimes be a burden. The nerves of the fans can transfer onto the pitch. Will that be the case here? To be honest, I've not been impressed by Burton at all this season and I've had them tipped to go down since day one. I think Preston might well win but still miss out on the play-offs. I don't think Burton have enough to get something from this game and stay up.

Preston to win @ 1.60 with BetStars

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.70 with Bet365

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Wolverhampton have been undefeated in their last 9 matches in Championship.
Bolton have failed to score in their last 3 home matches in Championship.
Sunderland have scored in each of their last 7 matches in Championship.
Hull City have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 3 away matches in Championship.
Wolverhampton did not concede any goal in their last 5 matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 141 Football Betting Streaks for 06.05.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-06-05-2018-9427