Championship Predictions > Jan 19th & 20th

champratings.jpg

It's the next round of Championship fixtures coming up this weekend. Wolves were held to a draw last weekend which no doubt busted a few bets. Did yours suffer from that result? Cardiff completely shocked me by powering through to a 4-0 win over Sunderland. Happy to be off with my tip of a dull game if it means a win for the Bluebirds! Sheffield Wednesday nullifying United in the Steel City Derby also took a lot of us by surprise. Take a look at the odds and ratings here then give us your thoughts on these games. I'll get a few previews up as the week goes on and the team news begins to get released.

I will be watching the Derby match with great interest. They are coming up on us like a train but I expect Bristol will try very hard and grind something out of this one. A draw seems on the cards to me. 

Without looking at stats I believe Wolves have an excellent record against Forest in recent years and I never really know what to expect with this forest team. Beat Arsenal one week and then look so blunt against Villa the next. Wolves haven't been at their best recently and we are all pretty disappointed with a missed opportunity last night in Swansea. I'm hoping we can pick ourselves up for this.

Elsewhere Leeds look like a decent price on paper and although I wouldn't like to take it, I'm expecting Brentford to continue their march up the table at Reading who seem to be in bog trouble if they don't start getting their act together. Tough game for Cardiff I think. Sheff Weds are another one that I never really know what to think of, but I never think goals. So if Cardiff can get a couple they should be safe.

Sheffield Wednesday vs Cardiff

At the start of every season, the trip to Hillsborough is one that us Cardiff fans dread. Ever since the awful 2008/09 bottle job that ended with us losing 1-0 against Sheffield Wednesday away to complete a four game streak without a win that saw us miss out on the play-offs to Preston on goals scored. Anyway, we are unbeaten in our last three visits to Hillsborough but we hate the place. Having Warnock, as a former Sheffield United manager, adds spice to the game. We are unbeaten against Wednesday with him in charge. There is certainly a new feeling of energy about our side now that injured players are returning. The signing of Grujic from Liverpool is excellent business and it looks like we might be about to secure Grabban too. I am hopeful that we can take something from this game but there is every chance Wednesday might look to grind the game down and get a point to start steadying the ship. Fingers crossed that's not the case and it will prove to be an open game. Junior Hoilett is flying at the moment so I'd back him to score any time as well. I was going to back Zohore because he's due a goal but Hoilett is a confidence player so want to show some faith.

BTTS @ 1.91 with Coral

Junior Hoilett Anytime Scorer @ 4.35 with Unibet

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, and @the bastardian, what do you guys think of the above thoughts and the other matches coming up?

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Derby have been undefeated in their last 8 matches in Championship.
Bristol City have scored 32% of their goals after the 75th minute in Championship.
Derby have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 4 home games against Bristol City in all competitions.
Derby have scored at least 3 goals in their last 3 home games against Bristol City in all competitions.

You can find interesting 57 Football Betting Streaks for 19.01.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-streaks-19-01-2018

Its a hard one to predict-jos luhukay came with a reputation as a defensive coach and the first two games have resulted in 2 clean sheets. Early impressions have been favourable-he isn't moaning about injuries, he gave a few youth players a chance in midweek and is also giving everyone a chance. The previous manager would not pick youngsters, was forever whinging about injuries and referees and froze players out. A new player has been signed this week joey pelopessy from Heracles, a defensive midfielder which we lack in Hutchinson's absence. He also said there may be a small surprise in team selection, maybe this player or a youngster. He has played 3 centre backs in each game to afford greater defensive stability.

I doubt I will be betting on this.

Derby to win for me tonight. Bristol with tough shedule in last/next Days. And for sure they will have one Eye on next Midweek´s Game against ManCity. So Derby on great Form at the Moment and now today maybe with New-Sign Jerome in Front. For me good Transfer and a next Puzzle in Rowett´s Tactic. He´s doing a excellent Job in Derby and also i think the team gives a little bit extra Motivation that Rowett didn´t accept the Stoke Offer for Coaching Stoke and he wants the Promotion with this Derby Team. Also Derby have great Record at home against Bristol by last 14 a 11-1-2 is very good. Also i think Derby likes games against Opponent who did not only park the bus. So i see today a tough Game but Derby will wins this.

Derby @ 2.05 4/10 bet365

Derby vs Bristol City

Yeah, I'm going to hop on board this one. Everyone and their dog are backing Derby to win this. Rowett is really pushing them on now he's settled down with them. I've always been impressed by him as a manager. I've kept a close eye on his career because back in the 1990s I selected him as my budget back-up in Fantasy Football. The Rams' form is really impressive at home. Only Wolves and Cardiff have a better record at their own grounds. Bristol City surprised many by their start to the season. I think the EFL Cup exploits have undoubtedly distracted them. The prospect of the second leg against Manchester City this coming week will almost certainly play a factor. All the facts point firmly to a Derby win. Surely!

Derby to win @ 2.00 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.80 with Betfair

3 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Derby vs Bristol City

Yeah, I'm going to hop on board this one. Everyone and their dog are backing Derby to win this. Rowett is really pushing them on now he's settled down with them. I've always been impressed by him as a manager. I've kept a close eye on his career because back in the 1990s I selected him as my budget back-up in Fantasy Football. The Rams' form is really impressive at home. Only Wolves and Cardiff have a better record at their own grounds. Bristol City surprised many by their start to the season. I think the EFL Cup exploits have undoubtedly distracted them. The prospect of the second leg against Manchester City this coming week will almost certainly play a factor. All the facts point firmly to a Derby win. Surely!

Derby to win @ 2.00 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.80 with Betfair

All my betting pals are backing Derby, but do you not think how well they’ve played against the Premiership Teams? He’s not resting any players is he?

Reading FC v Brentford FC

Reading FC: Liam Moore (27/3 d), Paul McShane (25/0 d, captain), John Swift (14/2 m)(all doubtful), Jordan Obita (2/0 m), Callum Harriott (0/0 m), Joseph Mendes (3/0 f), Stephen Quinn (0/0 m), Sam Smith (3/0 f)

Brentford FC: Henrik Dalsgaard (14/0 d), John Egan (17/2 d, captain)(both probably in), Rico Henry (8/0 d)

Sunderland v Hull City

Sunderland: Adam Matthews (20/1 d), Aiden McGeady (20/5 f)(both doubtful), Marc Wilson (14/0 d), Didier Ndong (18/0 m, suspended), Paddy McNair (6/1 m), Lamine Kone (11/0 d), Jonny Williams (9/0 m), Darron Gibson (15/0 m), Duncan Watmore (6/0 m), Jack Rodwell (2/1 m)

Hull City: Will Keane (0/0 f), Ondrej Mazuch (8/0 d)(both probably in), Kamil Grosicki (23/6 f, doubtful), Stephen Kingsley (6/0 d), Abel Hernández (3/3 f), Moses Odubajo (0/0 d), Ryan Mason (0/0 m), James Weir (3/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

1 hour ago, godofhorses said:

All my betting pals are backing Derby, but do you not think how well they’ve played against the Premiership Teams? He’s not resting any players is he?

Yeah, Bristol City are a decent team when they are up for it. I am slightly concerned by the Derby price. Why don't the bookies fancy them more? I just think with all the facts in front of me that the price is too good to ignore... or too good to be true!

Fulham vs Burton

It almost seems like the newbie punter's go-to bet to back the team playing against Burton. Even though they are not as bad as people make out, it's still proving a popular bet, especially with punters that don't really know a lot about football. I've tended to avoid them this season. Not intentionally. Just not found myself betting against them. Probably because I saw how difficult they can be when we played them in our opening game. The reason I am doing so here is because, as a few of you know, I am a big admirer of Fulham. Their current form is up there with the best in the division right now. This eases my concerns about Fulham's very average home record and Burton's surprisingly average away record. I still think Fulham are worth backing for a solid win.

Fulham -1 @ 2.25 with Betfair

Fulham HT/FT @ 2.25 with Ladbrokes

1 hour ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Yeah, Bristol City are a decent team when they are up for it. I am slightly concerned by the Derby price. Why don't the bookies fancy them more? I just think with all the facts in front of me that the price is too good to ignore... or too good to be true!

Well, that game was nuts. Derby could have kept playing for weeks and fate would have denied them a goal. Woodwork, pen shouts turned down, and an awesome sub keeper. Typical!

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Leeds have won 80% of their last 10 home games against Millwall in all competitions.
Bolton have drawn their last 3 home games against Ipswich in all competitions.
Norwich have won 89% of their last 9 home games against Sheff Utd in all competitions.

You can find interesting 68 Football Betting Streaks for 20.01.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-streaks-20-01-2018

On 19.1.2018 at 10:47 AM, Neubs said:

Derby to win for me tonight. Bristol with tough shedule in last/next Days. And for sure they will have one Eye on next Midweek´s Game against ManCity. So Derby on great Form at the Moment and now today maybe with New-Sign Jerome in Front. For me good Transfer and a next Puzzle in Rowett´s Tactic. He´s doing a excellent Job in Derby and also i think the team gives a little bit extra Motivation that Rowett didn´t accept the Stoke Offer for Coaching Stoke and he wants the Promotion with this Derby Team. Also Derby have great Record at home against Bristol by last 14 a 11-1-2 is very good. Also i think Derby likes games against Opponent who did not only park the bus. So i see today a tough Game but Derby will wins this.

Derby @ 2.05 4/10 >bet365

FT 0:0

@StevieDay1983 and @waynecoyne

As an outsider looking in, my first thought when looking at Wednesday v Cardiff is under 2.5 goals. Wednesday not exactly prolific goalscorers and the new manager certainly looks like he's tightened things up at the back and Cardiff don't concede much.

As an aside, I went to school with Lee Bullen and played in a few youth teams with him, cracking lad is Lee, lovely guy. A prime example of where hard work can get you in football.

1 hour ago, allyhibs said:

@StevieDay1983 and @waynecoyne

As an outsider looking in, my first thought when looking at Wednesday v Cardiff is under 2.5 goals. Wednesday not exactly prolific goalscorers and the new manager certainly looks like he's tightened things up at the back and Cardiff don't concede much.

As an aside, I went to school with Lee Bullen and played in a few youth teams with him, cracking lad is Lee, lovely guy. A prime example of where hard work can get you in football.

hi ally I think you may be right

when we play Warnock teams its usually tight

Wednesday team same as against sheff utd but thorniley for loovens

wildsmith

palmer pudil venancio thorniley fox

reach Wallace jones

joao rhodes

the midfield looks a bit lightweight but we shall see

21 hours ago, waynecoyne said:

hey stevie

we beat you 1-0 last year and 3-0 the year before

:lol Yeah, I didn't realise I was reading the stats from a Sheffield Wednesday perspective. I looked at it and thought "I don't remember winning there recently?!". It's been a long week! My mate said about Wednesday being very defensively minded on Thursday at our football training and he predicted a 0-0 or 1-0 score-line. Should have listened to him and edited my thoughts.