** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Non-League Predictions > Oct 16th - 18th

nonleague1.jpg

nonleague2.jpg

There are a few non-league matches coming up this midweek. A few odds still need to be added so will update these odds over the next 24 hours when they are made available. Give us your thoughts on the games coming up anyway!

I'm going to side with Maidstone to turn over Enfield over at the Donkey Dome and the 19/20 on offer from Victor Chandler is more than tempting as I price the away side at around 4/6 - 8/13.

I went down to the 1st match and Saturday was cracking entertainment and if the truth be known, Enfield were ever-so unlucky not to be in the 1st round as they conceded an equaliser in the 5th minute of stoppage time (there was only 5 added minutes) and leaving the ground it felt like a defeat. On the flip side, they really rode their luck. Maidstone contrived to miss two 1st half penalties, hit the woodwork twice and missed an open goal when it looked easier to score.

There's 2 divisions between the two sides and there is a clear gulf in class. Maidstone have pace all over the pitch and look a lot sharper. That is not a slight on Enfield, but other than the highly promising Moore (comes with baggage) and the experienced Darren Purse, the ETFC squad have probably found their level and I really for the love of me can't see them taking anything from the game over 90 minutes. 

Biggest bet for me so far this season - 5pt Maidstone to win in 90 minutes @ 19/20

From a local supporters point of view, I hope I'm proved wrong as I would love ETFC to make it to the 1st round proper, but...

Edited by LondonHibs

The mid weeks haven't been kind the last couple of weeks, but hopefully this one will be different and the profits from Saturday can be built on. There are FA Cup replays but at the moment I am leaving them alone and I have two bets in the Evo-Stik South Premier.

Kings Langley v Dorchester

I don't really need to repeat what I said about Kings Langley on the weekend given it still holds true here. To be fair they did push Kings Lynn closer than I thought they would as it ended up 3-2. Even so it was another defeat and it is hard to understand how a team who have only won once so far this season can be favourites. Dorchester aren't anything special either and are only one place above them in the table although they have 5 more points. They have only lost once in their last 5 games and that was against Hereford where they held their own for 45 minutes. They put 7 past sorry Gosport last week and followed that up with a draw against Chesham on Saturday which was a cracking effort given they played most of the game with 10 men. Granted their two wins in the 5 game spell have been against the bottom two sides, but all the signs point to them being better than their hosts at the moment. Betway and Paddy Power are 17/10 and that is just too big about an away win.

St Ives v Bishops Stortford

This game takes place on Wednesday night and Bishops Stortford look a fantastic bet. Again St Ives were opposed in the treble at the weekend and they duly lost 4-0 to Redditch. Their only win in the league this season came on the first day of the season and it is now 31 goals conceded in 13 league games. Stortford didn't start the season well after being relegated, but things have improved and it is now 1 loss in their last 8. Now their first 3 wins came against Kings Langley, Dunstable and Gosport so the fixture list has been fairly kind, but they have drawn with Biggleswade and Merthyr and got a good win against Basingstoke on Saturday. What this run does prove though is they can see off the lesser sides in the division and St Ives added to the other 3 are clearly the worse sides in the division. It is probably lucky that only one team goes down this season and I wonder if some of those sides have taken a chance by saving some cash with the chances of them staying high. Anyway the away side are 13/10 with Marathon and that looks a cracking bet.

Dorchester 1pt 17/10 with Betway/Paddy Power

Bishops Stortford 3pts @ 13/10 with Marathon

13 hours ago, Darran said:

Looks like the Gosport fun could be at an end as only 3 bookies have priced it up so far and given how many have priced up the others I would be surprised to see more price it up. Think the only hope is that it becomes a betting in play game so we get some odds.

Yeah, it was an absolute rout at Penydarren Park on Saturday. Could have been 15-0. A welcome turn of fortune for the Martyrs after a disappointing three results that included a 7-2 upset against Shortwood in the BigFreeBet.com Cup (what an awful sponsor name), 5-0 battering away to Kettering, and the 5-4 defeat to Slough after going 4-0 up at home. Tough game in midweek against Weymouth away coming up. Would be pleased with a draw there.

50 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Yeah, it was an absolute rout at Penydarren Park on Saturday. Could have been 15-0. A welcome turn of fortune for the Martyrs after a disappointing three results that included a 7-2 upset against Shortwood in the BigFreeBet.com Cup (what an awful sponsor name), 5-0 battering away to Kettering, and the 5-4 defeat to Slough after going 4-0 up at home. Tough game in midweek against Weymouth away coming up. Would be pleased with a draw there.

Yeah the Punters Lounge Cup sounds much better!

One Evostik Southern Premier game for Monday night as Hitchin Town take on Redditch United.

Redditch could go top on goal difference with a six goal win but realistically just a win will see them rise from 5th to 2nd.

They comfortably won against St Ives on Saturday and their only injury concern is to the on loan keeper from WBA who sustained a hand injury diving at the feet of a St Ives attacker but manager Darren Byfield is confident that he will be fit.

Hitchin are now languishing in 17th after a 4-1 drubbing at Farnborough - a team who are yet to play a settled side due to injuries - Hitchin certainly struggled and with a quick turnaround will want to build on their home form which has seen them lose just once so far to Banbury.

This is their first game this season at home to a top 9 team having played and won against Royston but Redditch will be keen to add to their three wins on the spin.

Hitchin - play off finalists last year beat Redditch home and away.

Goals are the interest here for me.

Hitchin have scored 11 at home - 5 in the first half and 6 in the second. They have conceded 8 - 2 in the first and 6 in the second.

Redditch have scored 7 on their travels - 3 in the first half and 5 in the second. They have conceded 7 - 1 in the first and 6 in the second.

Hitchin have played 6 at home and there have been more goals in the 2nd half 4 times.

Redditch have played 6 away and there have been more goalsin the 2nd half 4 times.

My play this evening is 1 point on the Highest Scoring Half market at 2.05 with Marathonbet.

I also wouldn't put anybody off Redditch draw no bet - at 1.94 Marathonbet have priced way above allother bookmakers.

Good luck if you decide to play

Balance +0.07

0-0 at half time as LondonHibs indicated below and right on cue Hitchin score in the 48th minute to give another winner on MNF - Murther's Night of Football.

Final score 1-0 returns 2.05 points

Balance +2.12

Edited by murther
Score update

I like Boston in FA Cup today. They are strong at home and Chorley nothing Special in Away Games and very solid. Think odds on Boston are too high. Also think Billicary can made the surprise after 3-3 against Brackley at the Weekend. They look very strong this Season and for me there is no big Advantage right now between these teams.

Adding one more bet tonight and that is Bilericay. When betting opened they were odds on but they have no drifted out to just over 6/4 and that makes no sense to me. They should have won on Saturday and they have a better side than Brackley. Tamplin said they were the toughest team they have faced so far this season which is no surprise and I don't see them beating them as easily as they have Thamesmead and Hungerford in the replays in the last two rounds, but they do hold the advantage for me. The market shift makes no sense and I can only think the Asian's have got involved and are just thinking the higher ranked team should be winning.

Billericay 1pt @ 6/4 with Marathon