** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Europa League > Mar 16th

europaleagueodds.jpg.0a3b218671d045290d0

The second legs of the Europa League last 16 is up this Thursday. A fair few of you placed some bets down. What are we all thinking here?

@delfino, you had the call of the round in backing Anderlecht to beat APOEL. I was surprised they were offered so long to begin with but you picked them out a treat. It would be good to see you get involved in the other forums as well. Your knowledge could prove useful!

@KikoCy, you called the draw in the United game. Awesome shout. What are you thinking here? Got to be a win. Tempted by a handicap or will it be tight?

@giraldi, what will you be opting for this week?

@Icongene, you had a dabble last week and it didn't quite work out. A chance to turn that around here. Will you be on the Anderlecht bus?

@dogmeister, I liked your bet last week so it's a shame it didn't come in. Gent were especially disappointing at home! What bets are you planning here?

@rangers234, keen to see what you're backing this week.

@ElPrincipito007, you were let down by both APOEL and Gent last week. What are you thinking here?

@KingSoccertips, you saw the United draw coming. What is your tip for this round of games?

@vasilli07, did you back a Rostov win or a draw last week? What are you looking at this week?

@betcatalog, two out of your three tips came in. Interested to hear your thoughts on the goals markets here.

@immortal--, great to see you in here. What are you looking at this week?

@DW_United, top shout on the lack of goals in the United game. What will you be going for this week?

AFC Ajax v FC Kobenhavn

AFC Ajax: Klaassen (25/12 m, 2nd top scorer, suspended), Riedewald (13/0 d), Nouri (3/0 m), Cassierra (13/1 f), Clement (1/0 f)

FC Kobenhavn: Jorgensen (23/0 d, suspended), Thomsen (0/0 m), Amankwaa (5/0 m), Falk (22/5 f), Pavlovic (25/3 f)

AS Roma v Lyon

AS Roma: Emerson (18/0 d), Perotti (22/7 m)(both probably in), Peres (25/2 d, doubtful), Florenzi (9/0 m), Grenier (2/0 m, cup-tied)

Lyon: Rybus (16/0 d), N'Koulou (7/0 d), Depay (9/5 f, cup-tied)

Manchester United v FK Rostov

Manchester United: Wayne Rooney (18/2 f, captain), Anthony Martial (15/3 f), Bastian Schweinsteiger (0/0 m)

FK Rostov: Soslan Dzhanaev (13/0 first goalkeeper, doubtful), Aleksandr Gaţcan (14/2 m, captain, suspended), Timofei Kalachev (16/0 m, suspended), Vladimir Granat (12/0 d)

Racing Genk v KAA Gent

Racing Genk: Nastić (8/0 d, doubtful), Bizot (22/0 first goalkeeper), Susic (15/0 m), Vanzeir (1/0 f), Karelis (18/9 f, top scorer), Wouters (7/0 d)

KAA Gent: Asare (19/1 d), Miličević (23/5 m)(both doubtful), Esiti (19/0 m, suspended), Matton (13/0 m), Saief (25/4 m), Renato Neto (21/4 m), Tekie (0/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

11 minutes ago, rangers234 said:

Anyone know if apoel have their two strikers out still? If so I'm leaning towards anderlecht minus one...

Their attackers should be back as they were yellow card suspensions as far as I am aware.

They have an injury to midfielder Morais who is a good player.

And remember this team scored twice in Bilbao so can be dangerous. I think they are out but taking Anderlecht on (ah) might be risky considering they don't even have to win on the night.

Edited by Icongene

AS Roma with the help of headquarters will fight to reverse the situation and get the qualification, Lyon shows to struggle away, I will support the Roma in front of the audience
AS ROMA vs OLYMPIQUE LYONNAIS @@ AS ROMA, odds 1.75

United wants an easy qualifying, Mourinho is an expert will get such qualifications, I expect to get the win, but with little luck
MANCHESTER UNITED vs FC ROSTOV @@ +3.00 Under, odds 1.60

Both of the games of clusters score and readily accept the goals, both teams will fight for the qualification, can score both teams and confirmed the Goals
FC KRASNODAR vs RC CELTA DE VIGO @@ Both team to score, odds 1.80

Don't have real tips this round.

Genk-Gent

This has over 2.5 written all over it, but this has become a public bet so odds dropped too much

RSC Anderlecht-APOEL

I am really looking forward to tonight's game. Will follow the match in the stadium and I don't expect much problems, but odds are too low. Probably we will field our best squad as we are without a single match for more than two weeks after that. Coach also said that they will take the Europe League serious, despite it's not an ideal situation with the Play-Offs lying in front of us. But squad is big enough nowadays and players are really motivated.

@StevieDay. I see big chances for Anderlecht to beat Apoel again.

I watched the match in Nicosia. Anderlecht is definitely a quality team. They did not show much of their quality because the score was 0-1 early.

Today i expect to see the real power of Anderlecht. They are famous as a strong home team. I noticed that are very ambitious for the Europa Legue competition, they are hungry to progress in final8 first time since 1997. 

Apoel has HUGE losses today. Morais, Vinicious, Efrem, all are out! Pieros is back. I predict a big hole in Apoel's midfield! Vinicious and Morais are irreplaceable indeed! The Danish coach of Apoel is obliged to experiment in such a crucial game! 

Anderlecht -1 to beat Apoel @2.30 offered by Tipico. Decent selection in my opinion

I predict something like 2-0 or 3-1

Good luck punters!

I took Anderlecht on -1AH @ 1.90

No Vinicious, no APOEL for me.

Stathis/Pieros have firepower but Efrem is the real playmaker and Vinicious holds the midfield in place.

Tielemans should boss the midfield in this one.

Roma win and BTTS @ 2.6

Roma's form has slumped but this is more about the must-win scenario here. Lyon are on fire but no Depay for them today. Lots of goals predicted.

Besiktas win @ 1.7

Besiktas should clean up here, after dominating the first game. Expect 1-0/2-0/2-1 (I put money on this exact combo scorecast).

Olympiakos scraped vs Asteras on the weekend.

These are my picks for today, not a lot of time for explanation or value in a lot of the games.

Cards markets could be valuable.

edit: @StevieDay1983 forgot to answer your question - staying away from United today. Going to lay back and enjoy the game. Might have a small punt on 2-0 as that's the most likely scoreline IMO.

Edited by KikoCy

1 hour ago, delfino said:

@StevieDay. I see big chances for Anderlecht to beat Apoel again.

I watched the match in Nicosia. Anderlecht is definitely a quality team. They did not show much of their quality because the score was 0-1 early.

Today i expect to see the real power of Anderlecht. They are famous as a strong home team. I noticed that are very ambitious for the Europa Legue competition, they are hungry to progress in final8 first time since 1997. 

Apoel has HUGE losses today. Morais, Vinicious, Efrem, all are out! Pieros is back. I predict a big hole in Apoel's midfield! Vinicious and Morais are irreplaceable indeed! The Danish coach of Apoel is obliged to experiment in such a crucial game! 

I predict something like 2-0 or 3-1

Good luck punters!

That's a very important fact actually. The midfield of Anderlecht is very decent this year, despite we can't use Trebel in the Europe League matches. Although I want to see us being more in control of the game, we are a dangerous on the counter attack.

Off topic: do you expect a lot of APOEL fans this evening?

1 hour ago, ElPrincipito007 said:

That's a very important fact actually. The midfield of Anderlecht is very decent this year, despite we can't use Trebel in the Europe League matches. Although I want to see us being more in control of the game, we are a dangerous on the counter attack.

Off topic: do you expect a lot of APOEL fans this evening?

Cypriot here, there definitely will be a decent amount of APOEL fans.

They always make the way trip and even more relevant; there is a huge amount of Cypriot students in the UK and a good amount of them support APOEL so they will make the trip down.

Their crowd is the 12th man usually and Cypriot teams have a disproportionate amount of away support in Europe.

@delfino are you Cypriot? :) I know @betcatalog is.

delfino is Cypriot for sure!

It is already announced that there will be 1100 Apoel fans tonight. Tickets are already sold , therefore no worries about the number of fans, they can do nothing as i posted

Cmon Anderlecht! Gimme gimme the money!

Edited by delfino

Roma v Lyon.

2 goals advantage for Roma, 2-0, 3-1, will take this to extra time and a position that Roma will be comfortable with as no further score would see them through on away goals.

Very surprised to see Roma 2-0 @18 Betfair Exchange as this is a likely scoreline, will also have a 1pt stake on 3-1 @13 BF Ex.

Lyon at home in Ligue 1 and Europa has seen them with scores of 4,4,5,7,4, but away from home last five trips have seen them score 1,4,1,0,1, may find a determined Roma in mean form tonight, especially the kind of Roma we saw in the first half of the first leg.

Roma at home in Serie A are 12-0-1 after a recent defeat to Lazio, while Lyon away in Ligue 1 are 5-2-6.

Perez a big miss in defence for Roma as will be Rybus for the defence of Lyon, so matched up on the injury front more or less.

2-0, 1pt.

3-1, 1pt.

13 minutes ago, andrewcalo said:

I think both teams will turn up.

@discipline, @andrewcalo.

Bit of a dead rubber here as it gives the appearance of a normal Juliper League game as the tie is dead. 

Genk have not conceded more than 2 goals at home in the league and have beaten Gent 2-0 at home in December.

Genk have scored the opening goal in 12 of 15 home games and for that reason in this situation, i believe odds of 2.08 for a home win to be value here in a game i would normally not get involved in.

1pt Genk @2.08 Betfair Exchange.

Took O9.5 corners at 2.05 on the Ajax v Copenhagen match. The match was nicely poised at 2-1 to the Danes. Thought that Ajax would need to come out and attack as they were 1 down but had the crucial away goal. Copenhagen would need to attack too, as an away goal for them would have made them more comfortable. 

Being at home was a deciding factor for Ajax who won the count 11-4, covering their -3 handicap set by the bookies & the over 9.5 corners