** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Racing Chat Thread

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread The Coolmore gang have just named a 2yo filly Coolmore! Full sister to Marvellous and Gleneagles. This should be a serious filly and quite possibly the best yet! 1000 Guineas and Oaks for 2016 are likely to be on the agenda! Will be worth following all the way.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread The Haydock Clerk Of The Course has taken a well deserved hammering today on Twitter. They moved the rails out yesterday at Haydock but didn't advertise it properly so all races were run over further than advertised. They have stated that the long distance races (3m and 3m4f) were actually run over a full half furlong extra. It might not seem like a big issue but this buffoon has history and there were doubts over the Betfair Chase a few years back. It is the attitude of the COC that stinks "the information is available if people want to dig for it". I hope this pillock gets sacked. I can't remember if it was this season or last season but I went to Haydock with Whoneedsrio and the ground was advertised as "good". It clearly wasn't and after the first race it was changed to soft. Loads of withdrawals followed for the rest of the afternoons races, completely changing the make up of all the races. He loves turning on the taps does old Kirkwright. I hope his attitude comes back to bite him on his incompetent arse.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread

Can somebody tell me why CHANCERY in the 3:05 at Ripon is 5/1 ? Hasn't won since 23rd August ''2013'' http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/profiles/horse/613387/chancery
Quality trainer, has run well fresh. Was 2nd at this meeting last year off a mark of 97, runs off 89 here, 8 pounds lower, so is weighted to win. Deffo very skinny @ 5/1 though, I agree there.. Would be looking for double that.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread got to say im very very impressed with muhaarar and estikadhs runs today .... gleneagles best speed was 99.01 ladt season and theyve both just recorded 101.77. and 101.55 respevtively ... . albeit over 7f ...looks a very very good performance and im very tempted to take o brien on in guineas with these two at decent prices

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Personally I wouldn't get carried away. It was a strange race and the conditions where blistering fast today with a tailwind in addition, which resulted in some incredible fast times if I see that right. For me it was a huge surprise to see those two going so well and I'd be inclined to think they may find it hard to back it up. A mile at Newmarket is a different beast. But that's only me.

got to say im very very impressed with muhaarar and estikadhs runs today .... gleneagles best speed was 99.01 ladt season and theyve both just recorded 101.77. and 101.55 respevtively ... . albeit over 7f ...looks a very very good performance and im very tempted to take o brien on in guineas with these two at decent prices
Cheers for that Richard because not did was Estidhkaar my Nap of the day but I backed him at 25/1 for the Guineas yesterday. They pulled well clear of the rest although a lot of the field had to prove their stamina but the timing gives the form a solid look. Your ratings give me a bit of confidence! Screenshot_2015-04-18-17-20-22_zpsccjoknvl.png.html?sort=3&o=0

Cheers for that Richard because not did was Estidhkaar my Nap of the day but I backed him at 25/1 for the Guineas yesterday. They pulled well clear of the rest although a lot of the field had to prove their stamina but the timing gives the form a solid look. Your ratings give me a bit of confidence! Screenshot_2015-04-18-17-20-22_zpsccjoknvl.png.html?sort=3&o=0
im gonna go ew ....surely theyve got to be ace value given the way they pulled clear and the times wete only about 0.5 fast ... grp 3 was run in -0.3 ...which is about par so times look good

im gonna go ew ....surely theyve got to be ace value given the way they pulled clear and the times wete only about 0.5 fast ... grp 3 was run in -0.3 ...which is about par so times look good
estikaar def goin guineas but winner might be goin french so ew on estikkaar at 14/1 for now ...think tour 25/1 looks cracking ew bet arsenal good luck lot of good horses in that race ....rpr of 125 and above and they got trounced so form has a very solid look about it and time is wat youd expect from a top draw grp 1 horse .........still dont know how good gleneagles is as his time was done easy last season ... but o brien cant win forever and bear in mindcthatvgrp 3 was run 8 lengths faster !! than the other grp 3 which ties in if they are grp 1 horses ...all fits and they are fit and ready....

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread The running of the Dewhurst winner, Belardo puts a damp squib on yesterday's Greenham. The trials have been disappointing IMO, which questions the form of last seasons 2yo group races. Thrown a few quid on Fabre's, Make Believe. 2/2 as a late maturing 2yo, going off odds on on both occasions. Started off this year in the main French trial, the Djebel, finishing 2nd when looking like scoring. All 3 races have come on soft ground, but, here's the kickers. The Djebel is a trial race usually undertaken by Fabre's main guineas hope? Basically a top 2 finish and it's the Newmarket guineas. Pennekamp won whilst the great Zafonic and ano whom I've forgot we're both beaten. The latter in a vintage guineas won by Rock of Gibraltar. The 2nd is the sire Makfi, whom showed ability on soft ground before winning his 2000 guineas and grand sire Dubawi was also equally at home on faster ground and won the Irish 2000. Ergo, whatever the ground, there will be no problem. 33s still available

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Any thoughts on The Wow Signal? The form of the Prix Morny is rock solid and he should get a mile on breeding with a good deal of stamina on the dams side and even though Starspangledbanner is associated with sprinters he did manage to win a Caufield Guineas over a mile. His run at Longchamp was too bad to be true and unsurprisingly he scoped badly afterwards.

Any thoughts on The Wow Signal? The form of the Prix Morny is rock solid and he should get a mile on breeding with a good deal of stamina on the dams side and even though Starspangledbanner is associated with sprinters he did manage to win a Caufield Guineas over a mile. His run at Longchamp was too bad to be true and unsurprisingly he scoped badly afterwards.
capable of 100 rating over 6f ....very much looks a sprinter ...prob best over 6f ..maybe will get 7f...will be very interesting on good ground 6 f around grp 2 level one to watch wen gets conditions

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread It's crazy how short some of these early season Cumani horses are starting when we know they won't be ready. Might get the odd one that pops up but he doesn't have his horses ready this time of the year. The only good thing is you can usually get bigger prices about the opposition

hannon said he expected horse to be 5/1 after the race ....so we seem to be on at good prices !!have u gone ew?

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Never backed it so not a comment from the wallet. Once again punters lose out on a horse refusing to race, WHEN WHEN WHEN will bookmakers come into touch with the times and start taking bets FOR A ''RUN'' If the horse does not RUN, the punter gets his money back, the carry on MUST STOP, all it does is put punters off. The future should be betting for a RUN! Grand Gesture was NEVER LINING UP, wake up BOOKMAKERS - REFUND THE PUNTERS!!! http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/racecards/25-04-2015/sandown-park/racecard/665581/bet365-gold-cup-chase-grade-3-handicap

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Never had any investment in the race so again no out of pocket talk. What a pile of shite amending the result at Nottingham in the 16:50 I'm a fan of W.T.D & Jimmy Fortune and how the feck the stewards overturned that result is a mystery, watch the race as many times as you want, JF got first run and won fare and square. What a shocking overturn by the stewards, just crazy. Horse - trainer & jockey were all robbed by CRAZY stewards, should have gone to specsavers. Full Result [TABLE=class: tbl t3 mobile-collapse, width: 100%]

[TR] [TH=align: center]Pos[/TH] [TH=align: center]Dist[/TH] [TH=class: ixt]Horse[/TH] [TH=class: ixt]Trainer[/TH] [TH=align: center]Age[/TH] [TH=align: center]Weight[/TH] [TH=class: ixt]Jockey[/TH] [TH=class: mobile-hdn, align: center]SP[/TH] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: center]1st (4)[/TD] [TD=align: center]nk[/TD] [TD=class: ixt]6 Star Fire[/TD] [TD=class: ixt]R Charlton[/TD] [TD=align: center]3[/TD] [TD=align: center]9-0 h[/TD] [TD=class: ixt]William Twiston-Davies[/TD] [TD=class: mobile-hdn, align: center]3/1f[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: note] [TD=colspan: 8]Slowly into stride, held up, switched right just inside 2f out, bumped, not much room and switched right over 1f out, ran on, went 2nd well inside final furlong, not able to quite reach winner[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: center]2nd (7)[/TD] [TD=align: center][/TD] [TD=class: ixt]5 Mountain Man[/TD] [TD=class: ixt]M W Easterby[/TD] [TD=align: center]3[/TD] [TD=align: center]9-1 t1[/TD] [TD=class: ixt]J Fortune[/TD] [TD=class: mobile-hdn, align: center]5/1[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: note] [TD=colspan: 8]In rear, headway from 2f out, soon edged left, led 1f out, driven inside final furlong, held on[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=align: center]3rd (2)[/TD] [TD=align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: ixt]2 The Wispe[/TD] [TD=class: ixt]R M H Cowell[/TD] [TD=align: center]3[/TD] [TD=align: center]9-7[/TD] [TD=class: ixt]S J Drowne[/TD] [TD=class: mobile-hdn, align: center]11/2[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: note] [TD=colspan: 8]Chased leaders, closed over 2f out, ridden and every chance 1f out, no extra towards finish[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/results/28-04-2015/nottingham/result/668275/10-free-at-32red-handicap WARNING ! Keep watch for Nottingham Stewards blind-man.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Just re-watched the Dante and Golden Horn was even more impressive on a second viewing. Buick only gives him one tap with the whip and he quickly puts the race to bed with the first three a long way clear - Buick also looks to have a real job pulling him up after the line. It's a weak enough crop of 3yos this year but this could be a very good horse imo, would prefer to see connections keep him at 10f though as that looks to be his optimum trip on breeding - possibly the French Derby then the Eclipse? Although I expect he will probably be supplemented for Epsom given the lack of serious opposition.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread just been scanning the derby market and have to say im not impressed at the mo .....ordinarily you want a horse thats achieved a speed rating in the 90s but as yet none have achieved that figure .....golden horn achieved 84 the other day arguably the best seen so far by main entries but to warrant 2/1 ??....terrible value tbh at this stage .....so possibly there is something we havent seen yet .....?.....of other horses ....archangel raphael recorded an 85 over 8.5 f last year for a o brien and jp magnier and would be an interesting contender if being confirmed runner .....likewise epicuris the french horse (86) ....would also be interesting if bought over from frsnce .....ones to watch can I just add best of times is due to run next sat (82) has improved with every run so far and interesting horse fits the profile of a derby winner so far and stable overdue big race winner could be their year ? ....will watch with interest ...might have cheeky double cos 25/1 at mo snd good show would see price disappear and the door is wide open at mo

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Agree that Golden Horn represents very little value now, although putting speed ratings to one side for a second, he produced clearly the most impressive performance of any of the trial winners and beat by far and away the strongest opposition. He is the classiest horse in the field and I'd be very surprised were he not to pick up at least one more G1 this season - though that may well come at 10f rather than 12f. The only semblance of value I can see at the moment is Hans Holbein at 14/1, he did the job nicely at Chester and looks a guaranteed stayer on pedigree. Likely to be the principle Coolmore representative so the price will surely contract a bit more. Would also be interested in Grey Lion if he lined up, but he looks to have had a few niggles this season and seems unlikely that Andre Fabre will send him over.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread I've backed Zawraq but I am slightly worried about stamina based on the sires dosage index (8.2) as most Derby winners have a sire with at least 8.6 but there is loads of stamina on the dam side of the pedigree. I'm interested to see Dermot Weld training for Hamdan Al Maktoum and Zawraq stayed on well over 1m but on heavy ground. O'Brien usually has one sired by Galileo (11.2) to win this and there are questions about whether Gleneagles will end up at Epsom as the bubbles seem to have burst on most of his other runners and it could be that his 3yr olds just aren't that good this season. Hans Holbein is sired by Montjeu (11.8) and there is loads of stamina on the dam side too (12.3) so he should stay longer than the mother in law as they say.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread I get the impression that AO'B only runs his 3rd, 4th, 5th string horses in the UK trials so he can gauge how good the British contingent are likely to be His first strings either run in the Guineas or in the Derrinstown No idea who his main Derby hope will be this year.......he's still got over 20 horses in the list of runners. Maybe he'll surprise us and run a couple that no one is talking about......

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Giovanni Canaletto will make his 3yo debut at the Curragh on Sunday. Full-brother to Ruler Of The World and looked very good in his two starts last season. Was seemingly the Ballydoyle Nr1 for Chester but had some issues, so makes his belated return now. If he does well on Sunday he'll go to Epsom. Lack of experience is an issue as I thought he looked bit awkward even on his second start. But clearly a very talented individual.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread I would generally agree, but I think AOB often runs the best of the ones he does send over to the UK in the Chester Vase (e.g. Ruler of the World, Treasure Beach). No way that John F Kennedy or Ol' Man River will turn up after the way they ran in the Dante and I think they'll be keen to keep Gleneagles to a maximum of 10 furlongs (and maximize future stud returns) rather than risk messing him around in the Derby. Giovanni Canaletto could be the one judging by the betting today. Also see some blue next to Grey Lion's name on oddschecker, very tempted to have a small bet on him now, looks to have the perfect blend of speed and stamina in his pedigree and if Andre Fabre thinks he good enough to take his chance then that will do for me.

Also see some blue next to Grey Lion's name on oddschecker, very tempted to have a small bet on him now, looks to have the perfect blend of speed and stamina in his pedigree and if Andre Fabre thinks he good enough to take his chance then that will do for me.
Nearly one of my usual genius ante post bets there :D Now taken out of the betting with most firms and out to a massive price on the exchanges, thankfully I did not pull the trigger on that one.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Glad you didn't waste your money calculus I was just about to post this from ATR website... Andre Fabre has ruled the unbeaten Grey Lion out of next month's Investec Derby. As low as 14-1 in places for the premier Classic at Epsom, France's champion trainer has no specific plan in mind for the son of Galileo. He was due to run in the Sandown Classic Trial last month but missed the race after developing a sickness and will only return to full exercise on Tuesday. "Grey Lion will not be going to Epsom," said Fabre. "He is only going to start back in full work (on Tuesday) after he was sick. "At this moment I don't have any plan in mind for him."

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Germany has another highly promising Sea The Stars son on its hands - last year it was Sea The Moon, this year it could be Quasillo! This very lightly raced colt won the Group 3 Bavarian Classic in pretty sensational fashion yesterday and is now the hot favourite for the Derby. Video below - particularly impressive the head on where it becomes obvious how badly he was actually interfered by shifting horses when entering the home straight, but didn't care at all and quickly found his stride again, to produce a blistering turn of foot eventually. That's the sights of a serious talent in my mind!