** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Racing Chat Thread

25 minutes ago, Snoopdog said:

It's not very fair to moan about something that is both very useful and free, but I'll give it a go. It's that "SkyBet betslip" that has appeared in the bottom right of the screen.

Do you mean on the Sporting Life website ?

I didn't like it.......so I turned my adblocker on for that site and that stopped it appearing

Unfortunately it also stops latest odds on the racecard from loading which is why I'd turned the adblocker off in the first place but I tend use the Post for odds

I don't like these sites that have lots of things that are stuck on the page and move up and down as you navigate.........like those little tab things that stick out at the side with Facebook and Twitter links

Ghastly

Was Sam Twiston Davies right to come out and apologise over Hawkhurst today or should he have just got on with it.

It cost me a nice treble but thats racing.

Paul Nicholls said "You do not need to apologise to anyone, these things happen and you know he is 'quirky' at home. Move on."

In my opinion STD could do nothing about it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Richard Hughes was very unlucky at getting his first Irish Winner tonight, Sooo close.

20:30 Dundalk

Full result

1st 13 Saga Bolton (IRE) 9/2
2nd 7 Duchess Of Marmite (IRE) 9/4 f
3rd 10 Bittern (IRE) 13/2
  • Winning TrainerA Mullins
  • Winning JockeyR Cleary
  • Runners13 ran
  • Withdrawn6
  • Distancess.h, 1 ¼
  • SF€15.79
  • Tricast€72.16

Just about every horse was covered in the last leg of the scoop 6 today apart from the winner Dare Me

The form of the 12yr old's last 3 races read........ Fell, Pulled Up & Pulled up again, Sooooo he DNF in his last three runs.

What are the odds on that i wonder ?

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/profiles/horse/402547/dare-me

Edited by Jimmy2shoes

15 hours ago, Trotter said:

I reckon at this time of year Mullins sends over his second or third strings as scouts to test out the British challengers and get an assessment of how good they are and how they race

Your probably right, i very rarely back him myself, maybe in the odd bumper if the price looks worth a go, 99% of the time the bookmakers wont take a chance with him and price people out a bet.

What next!!!

Trainer took money for horse that did not exist

BY TONY MCFADDEN1:00PM 5 FEB 2016 

Australia: Trainer Michael John Day is facing jail for dishonestly obtaining financial advantage by deception after he was paid more than A$25,000 (£12,500) in training fees for a horse that did not exist.

Day was paid fees over a six-year period by a client who believed her mare, Jag One, had had a foal and was in training under Day's care. This foal did not exist, however.

Day informed his client on January 7, 2009 that a foal - to be named Miriyan - had been born, and he received monthly training fees from October 1, 2012, until January 13, 2015. He passed off another foal as ‘Miriyan' on the occasions that his client came to see her horse.

Asked by his client when Miriyan might run, Day claimed that the horse was either suffering from illness or was injured.

Custodial sentence

When Day then claimed that Miriyan had been sent to a veterinary unit in Kilmore, the client contacted the facility only to find that no horse of that name was there.

Suspicious, the client got in touch with New South Wales Harness Racing who conducted an investigation which led to the disqualification of Day from the industry for ten years.

Day was arrested on October 20, 2015, and he offered a full admission of  his guilt when interviewed. He is to be sentenced on March 16, and has been warned that he faces a custodial sentence.

Day's solicitor Tim McGrath, quoted in the Sydney Morning Herald, said: "He realises now that when the vet told him there was no foal that he should have told the client."

•  
  •  
  •  

1 hour ago, Tedthewolf said:

What next!!!

Trainer took money for horse that did not exist

BY TONY MCFADDEN1:00PM 5 FEB 2016 

Australia: Trainer Michael John Day is facing jail for dishonestly obtaining financial advantage by deception after he was paid more than A$25,000 (£12,500) in training fees for a horse that did not exist.

Day was paid fees over a six-year period by a client who believed her mare, Jag One, had had a foal and was in training under Day's care. This foal did not exist, however.

Day informed his client on January 7, 2009 that a foal - to be named Miriyan - had been born, and he received monthly training fees from October 1, 2012, until January 13, 2015. He passed off another foal as ‘Miriyan' on the occasions that his client came to see her horse.

Asked by his client when Miriyan might run, Day claimed that the horse was either suffering from illness or was injured.

Custodial sentence

When Day then claimed that Miriyan had been sent to a veterinary unit in Kilmore, the client contacted the facility only to find that no horse of that name was there.

Suspicious, the client got in touch with New South Wales Harness Racing who conducted an investigation which led to the disqualification of Day from the industry for ten years.

Day was arrested on October 20, 2015, and he offered a full admission of  his guilt when interviewed. He is to be sentenced on March 16, and has been warned that he faces a custodial sentence.

Day's solicitor Tim McGrath, quoted in the Sydney Morning Herald, said: "He realises now that when the vet told him there was no foal that he should have told the client."

•  
  •  
  •  

A few pretend jockey's kicking about that could have took the ride

18 hours ago, Jimmy2shoes said:

Another case on why the lay bet should be banned, it's a very easy bet to abuse and takes the honest punter for a MUG!

Id ban the likes for LIFE

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/article/465/10160522/jockey-darren-egan-banned-for-12-years-following-corruption-probe

I think your right ....as much as I like being able to do it ....its ruined betting ....when you can bet to lose you just invite people to cheat ...its human nature ......if you were training a horse and you knew it just wasnt ready tomorrow ....bung your mate a few hundred and lay it online ....bang your making money at the punters expense ....how can that ever be right ....and it will only undermine racing ...it already is 

• 2 weeks later...

Quickie......

Anyone who uses the At The Races website

How do you find the Programme Schedule, like What On the Channel ?

I heard someone mention a special programme on Women In Racing with Hayley Turner and I'm trying to find out when it's on !

Can't see the TV Schedule anywhere on the site.......:@:@

9 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Quickie......

Anyone who uses the At The Races website

How do you find the Programme Schedule, like What On the Channel ?

I heard someone mention a special programme on Women In Racing with Hayley Turner and I'm trying to find out when it's on !

Can't see the TV Schedule anywhere on the site.......:@:@

I know she was the guest for yesterday's coverage on ATR Trotter but not sure about a special programme?

7 minutes ago, DanV89 said:

I know she was the guest for yesterday's coverage on ATR Trotter but not sure about a special programme?

I think that's where they mentioned this programme but I didn't catch when it was on !

Is there a Programme Schedule anywhere on the website ?........it would seem remarkable if there isn't but I can't find it !

8 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I think that's where they mentioned this programme but I didn't catch when it was on !

Is there a Programme Schedule anywhere on the website ?........it would seem remarkable if there isn't but I can't find it !

I've found the TV schedule but can't find the programme you speak of!! If you click on ATR player towards the top right hand corner (one of the main tabs) and then on the right of that page where it says 'race cards' there is an option for TV Guide. 

OK, think I've found it........you have to go to the ATR Player and there's a schedule on there

No mention of this programme coming up this weekend though........I expect it might be a special edition of The Sunday Forum tomorrow rather than a one off show but it's not shown in the schedule

23 hours ago, Trotter said:

OK, think I've found it........you have to go to the ATR Player and there's a schedule on there

No mention of this programme coming up this weekend though........I expect it might be a special edition of The Sunday Forum tomorrow rather than a one off show but it's not shown in the schedule

You were right Trotter, 11am this morning Sunday Forum is all about women in racing. 

30 minutes ago, Jimmy2shoes said:

Anybody know what the deal is with Paul Nolan's yard, the horses under his care are running terrible

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/profiles/trainer/14846/p-nolan

No idea. I had Golan Lodge backed at the weekend and I really expected him to go well but he went out like a light even with some decent money. Surely something is up looking at those form figures.