** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat Thread

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread It looked odd that she didn't get it. Everyone around her was riding hard turning for home. Did her horse not give her signals of "I'm on my limit" either? Didn't she hear the commentator talking about the last fence? Strange. Can only explain with that she was extremely focused on riding the horse and forgot literally about anything else... I suppose it's unlucky. Poor for the punters, but mistakes happen. Jockey have ridden finishes a circuit early as well before. She was honest about it at least afterwards.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread This is pretty spectacular - the finish of the G1 Black Caviar Lightning Stakes over 1.000m last weekend from the rail- side perspective: http://www.racing.com/news/2015-02-24/watch-flying-fab-and-lankan-rupees-finish That's the beauty of racing for me: The sheer power and speed of the thoroughbred comes alive in these shots!

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Put the following name in your tracker - he'll win something big at Meydan next season: Harry's Son - won today the Gauteng Guineas in sensational style despite the lack of a prep run, troubled preparation, tough travel assignment, but once he hit top gear it was all out and over, which made some really quality individuals look pedestrian. Strydom could even allow himself to ease down in the closing stages. Harry's Son will be certainly going to Dubai for next seasons carnival now, connections made already clear. They won't be tempted to try to go for the Triple Crown I believe, as Harry's Son may not get much further. But he looks a world class miler in the making.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread That's the cruelty of our otherwise wonderful sport. Very sad that Cavalryman had to be put down after sustaining a leg injury during a race at Meydan today. Apparantly they tried all to save him through surgery but there was no chance. Great, great stayer he was. And one who looked undestroyable. Nine years of age, six seasons, 38 races, 10 wins, six in Group company, one Group 1 with The Grand Prix De Paris. Very sad to see things ending for a champ like Cavalryman. :sad

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread

That's the cruelty of our otherwise wonderful sport. Very sad that Cavalryman had to be put down after sustaining a leg injury during a race at Meydan today. Apparantly they tried all to save him through surgery but there was no chance. Great' date= great stayer he was. And one who looked undestroyable. Nine years of age, six seasons, 38 races, 10 wins, six in Group company, one Group 1 with The Grand Prix De Paris. Very sad to see things ending for a champ like Cavalryman. :sad
Yes, have to say was extremely sad to hear this new. A great shame he has missed his well deserved retirement. :cry

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread I'm not often stunned by whatever happens in US racing, but boy, this Shared Belief is some horse. That's just amazing the way he pulverized a Grade 1 field in the Santa Anita Handicap last night under top weight. He's 10 wins from 11 starts now. Mind you his only defeat came in the hugely controversial Breeders Cup Classic last year. On a side-note: Connections of the best American Dirt horse couldn't be bothered to ship him over to Dubai for the so called "World Cup"....

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Day 1 of the festival is more of a watching brief for me. A couple of bets but I will be hoping to see the Mullins monsters all hack up and justify the hype especially UDS in the Arkle.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread dont know about u lot but annie just cost me nearly £800... the what ifs have now started.... !!! to be fair even if i backed them in doubles/trebles etc i would never have left annie out...... coming to the last i was already starting to think of a holiday... :)

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread That Annie power race was incredible, talk about roller coaster rides. I was let down for 4 figures with that fall at the last, you couldn't make it up. But that's racing I guess, the sport of kings has a habit of kicking you right in the goolies when you least expect it.

That Annie power race was incredible' date=' talk about roller coaster rides. I was let down for 4 figures with that fall at the last, you couldn't make it up. But that's racing I guess, the sport of kings has a habit of kicking you right in the goolies when you least expect it.[/quote'] yep, your spot on!!!!! tomorrow is another day and all that...... still absolutely gutted though!!

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Was anyone else disappointed with the running of the champion hurdle? The time was 3 seconds slower than the supreme. Fair play to Ruby Walsh, but to allow a short priced fav who gets a lot further, carte Blanche to dictate was poor. Not once was he pressed for the lead, if he was the time would have been quicker and would have benefitted Arctic Fire even more.

dont know about u lot but annie just cost me nearly £800... the what ifs have now started.... !!! to be fair even if i backed them in doubles/trebles etc i would never have left annie out...... coming to the last i was already starting to think of a holiday... :)
Ditto with me too, was already spending my winnings, my whole office sat in shock when it had fell

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread ML was good today, but it's becomming the exception. During Cheltenham, it was dire (IMHO). I'm afraid I cannot do with Matty Batchelor, and a daily session of him refereeing jockey arm wrestling was awful. Shouldn't the show be about picking winners ??? Yet they seem to only preview 2 races now. Why all this filler crap? Regarding Ms Spencer, she used to not appear on the show during jumps season as she stated no interest in it. So why is someone with "no interest" on the show ? Let's have more race previews, more tipping guests like Tom Segall, the Timeform guys, etc, etc.

ML was good today, but it's becomming the exception. During Cheltenham, it was dire (IMHO). I'm afraid I cannot do with Matty Batchelor, and a daily session of him refereeing jockey arm wrestling was awful. Shouldn't the show be about picking winners ??? Yet they seem to only preview 2 races now. Why all this filler crap? Regarding Ms Spencer, she used to not appear on the show during jumps season as she stated no interest in it. So why is someone with "no interest" on the show ? Let's have more race previews, more tipping guests like Tom Segall, the Timeform guys, etc, etc.
Yeh agree 100% i would love to see some of their contracts too, Alice Ploker only turns up when she's not pregnant, in labour, or actually pushing out child, guess it will just be the norm in life, connections. Same about Matty Batchelor, wasn't a fan of him when he was a jockey, and his court jester part he plays these days is more shocking than his riding was.

• 2 weeks later...