** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Racing Chat Thread

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread There's a huge difference between the Racing Post's reporting and that of the Sporting Life. I read the RPs versions few hours ago and it left some doubt as to the intention of the trainer. Again there as is often with these types of stories they disable the comments section. How sad they choose to censor the negative aspects of the sport,they have the same mentality as some on here. I have just followed your link to the Sporting Life and this version leaves no doubt it was foul play by the trainer. If the SLs version is credible then they should do a Howard Johnson on him and banish him from the sport. A E6000 fine is a joke to a trainer its peanuts. As a few of us debated a few days ago, certain sections of the Racing media are too sycophantic . We don't want censored and watered down news. Well done Sporting Life. I'm sure there'll be some members who will say its not right exposing somebody on a forum, on TV, in the newspapers and on the SL. Especially as he has trained a Gr1 winners and does a public service blah blah. I say well done. Now let's get all the other crooks

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread

How sad they choose to censor the negative aspects of the sport,they have the same mentality as some on here.
I bet you had an orgasm when you saw a 'crook' story in the RP and couldn't wait to get on here and add your twopence worth. Theres only one saddo around here, Why do you bother, go and annoy someone else please.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Why are your responses to my posts always personal attacks? Can you differentiate the difference between topical news items and sour grapes ? Why include orgasm and saddo ? These are amongst a long list of insults you have directed at me. Lets keep these threads topical and not go down the line of primary school behavior. I see you are 53 , please act your age. What is your view on censorship on the sport ? I am totally against it.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread I dont think you have any idea of the meaning of the word censorship erhaab. Your posts remain in their original form yes? Unedited and not deleted? You havent been locked up for airing your views on punters lounge have you? You clearly havent been banned as you are still posting There is no censorship on punters lounge as you imply in your post about the "mentality of some on here" Two different publications choose to report the same story differently, but both reported the story....no censorship

I dont think you have any idea of the meaning of the word censorship erhaab. Your posts remain in their original form yes? Unedited and not deleted? You havent been locked up for airing your views on punters lounge have you? You clearly havent been banned as you are still posting There is no censorship on punters lounge as you imply in your post about the "mentality of some on here" Two different publications choose to report the same story differently, but both reported the story....no censorship
I am referring to members wanting some aspects of the sport not discussed. Aidymac says we are not allowed to critisize jockeys because they risk their life . I don't care whether you censor my posts thats not my point. Why should I get banned , have I done anything to warrant such measures? The two stories read differently , one implies guilt and the RPs version ommits the incriminating facts .This is the censorship I'm on about. Do you think the watered down version of the RP is an accurate news item ? A lot of people use the RP as the primary source of information . Is it Ok for Billyhills and Aidymac to hurl abuse at me ? Can you do something about it?

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread The racing post print version clearly lays out the facts, guilt, and admission of decrption and wrong doing. I havent read the online version that you have but if its the same as what i read this morning i am baffled as to how else they could have reported it without demanding a public flogging. Now the criminal proceedings are out the way i am sure the bha will take action

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Erhaab, I would like to apologise for constantly hurling insults and abuse at you. I hope you accept my apology in the spirit it was given. Now would you kindly go and find another racing forum to air your biased views on the racing industry. Many thanks, Graham, aged 53.

Anyone see the Manikato stakes this morning? 6 way photo.....sorry cant copy and paste, but worth a view on YouTube. No more than 2l between the 12 runners, and a group 1 to boot.
Amazing finish winner did well to hold on really super ride IMO by the jock took the horse to the front straight from the gates and pinched the race on the home turn great to watch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVlE5fwQDs4

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Fav won the RP Trophy quite easily, but, ATM, doesn't look upto classic standard. Belardo tops the ratings, but 10f, soft ground and a 5 week break between races could be his for the taking next season, as this years middle distance mob have been disappointing apart from Adelaide, whom, more than likely, will be off to stud. Overall, this years 2yos look disappointing.

Fav won the RP Trophy quite easily, but, ATM, doesn't look upto classic standard. Belardo tops the ratings, but 10f, soft ground and a 5 week break between races could be his for the taking next season, as this years middle distance mob have been disappointing apart from Adelaide, whom, more than likely, will be off to stud. Overall, this years 2yos look disappointing.
At the moment it looks like O'Brien is going to clean up with his 3 yo colts next year. JFK, Ol' Man River, Highland Reel, Gleneagles have now been joined by Giovanni Canaletto and Sir Isaac Newton who ran a good race in behind a smart looking Weld 2 yo. You just know we'll see a huge improvement on his second start which is typical of O'Brien runners. Would love to see Belardo win some big races next year but he might need some softer ground which we didn't get at all this year. I went to Leopardstown at the weekend where there was some good racing. It was good to see Hughes and Silvestre de Sousa over from the UK as well and the latter was fantastic on Ralph's Beckett's Albert Bridge in the big handicap from a very wide draw. SDS got him right in behind the leaders going into the turn and just didn't have quite enough to hold off the first two home. Can anyone here pick a winner by the look of a horse in the parade ring actually?

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Racing at Meydan is back today with their new dirt track. Looking forward to see how it goes. Not convinced by the change of surface though. But that is only me. From what I knoe about dirt tracks, I just don't like them. That might be a very European point of view, however. But on the other hand I'm open minded to whatever Meydan's new surface will produce. Maybe it proves a great decision and racing is even more exciting over there now. What do you guys make of it?

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread The debate of horse welfare is as hot as always after the recent incidents at the Melbourne Cup. Regarding this topic I found this pretty compelling comment/article in South Africa's sportingpost. Looks at it from a different perspecitive. Nicely balanced, though. Well worth a read: "People are stupid, throw rocks at them - The 'racing vs welfare' debate is getting boring": http://www.sportingpost.co.za/2014/11/welfare-people-are-stupid-throw-rocks-at-them/

Terrible news about Dessie Hughes this morning passing away at the age of 71. Always will remember him as the trainer of my first ever winner' date=' the trainer of several good horses and of course a real gentleman. Thoughts are with his family.[/quote'] Absolutely. Very sad. Rumours were spreading around for the last number of days about his passing. Amazing trainer he was! May he rest in piece...

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Found this documentary about horse conformation on Youtube. It's a bit older already, but these things don't change and it is quite interesting to see and hear from the top guys in the game. Like particularly Bob Baffert at the beginning explaining on the live example:

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread The jump season is in full swing and most people will have their focus on it, but spare a moment - we all love champions and there is a very special champ in South Africa! Louis The King is firmly living up to his name. He won the South African Triple Crown last season as a 3yo (Gauteng Guineas, the SA Classic and the SA Derby over trips from 7f-12f). He was over the boil in the Durban July but he was back with a bang today! Usually star horses aren't retired after one special season in South Africa, and that was the reason why Louis The King was racing today in the Grade 1 Sansui Summer Cup, one of the top races of the calendar. He went off the 9/5 favourite... in a 19-runner field! He had to give loads of weight away to young and old, but he prevailed in a thrilling finish. Only 100m out it looked as if it would be all over but somehow he found another gear when it really mattered! That is the character of a champ! But what can go wrong if you have the champ himself, Piere Strydom - who just won his 5.000 race last weekend - in the saddle?! Race Replay here:

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Yet more crooks ban them for life i say, laying horses to lose, what chance does the punter have who bets to win, horses should be in a race to win, the lay system should be abolished, its a bet only fit for crooks. Knott disqualified for three years http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/article/465/9611335/racing-anthony-knott-disqualified-for-passing-on-inside-information

• 3 weeks later...