** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat Thread

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Have to agree with the masses in saying what an unbelievable performance from trainer and horse today in the Arc. Yes she hasn't been at her best this year but if you could forgive those runs and take her trainers word for it then what a price she was today. For me this years win eclipses last years win. What a turn of foot she has...absolutely cracking performance. Think the Japanese horses are still running... so much for their confidence! Can someone find me a link for Frankie's win on Olympic Glory please... Need to watch that magic again haha

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread

Have to agree with the masses in saying what an unbelievable performance from trainer and horse today in the Arc. Yes she hasn't been at her best this year but if you could forgive those runs and take her trainers word for it then what a price she was today. For me this years win eclipses last years win. What a turn of foot she has...absolutely cracking performance. Think the Japanese horses are still running... so much for their confidence! Can someone find me a link for Frankie's win on Olympic Glory please... Need to watch that magic again haha
Nothing quite like watching a ride as good as this one.. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9qFR57Mlk88

Did win the Arc from a poor draw by 5 lengths last year though' date=' not like the horse didn't have the form in the book.[/quote'] Nah not having that fella, punters were mugged off again, connections were saying they didn't know what was wrong with the horse, then yesterday she was happy telling everyone just what the problem was, once again ''those in the know KNEW'' and the others were in the dark, i fully understand as a punter horses are not run for US, but i feel they knew exactly what they were doing, as they always do. Only had a small bet on the race so not talking out my pocket, ''for once'' And full credit to the horse, and anyone who backed it. Also strange how Dettori got jocked off.

Nah not having that fella, punters were mugged off again, connections were saying they didn't know what was wrong with the horse, then yesterday she was happy telling everyone just what the problem was, once again ''those in the know KNEW'' and the others were in the dark, i fully understand as a punter horses are not run for US, but i feel they knew exactly what they were doing, as they always do. Only had a small bet on the race so not talking out my pocket, ''for once'' And full credit to the horse, and anyone who backed it. Also strange how Dettori got jocked off.
I was very pleased to see Treve win, she has confirmed she is a superstar. Not very happy that on her 3 beaten starts this year her trainer did not suggest there was anything wrong with her before the race, whether she needed the run or the trip was a bit short or whatever. The sport is not run for the punters but it is us who wager millions each race. Punters got burnt big time following her this year. Going into the race you could not back her with confidence based on this year's form.

I was very pleased to see Treve win, she has confirmed she is a superstar. Not very happy that on her 3 beaten starts this year her trainer did not suggest there was anything wrong with her before the race, whether she needed the run or the trip was a bit short or whatever. The sport is not run for the punters but it is us who wager millions each race. Punters got burnt big time following her this year. Going into the race you could not back her with confidence based on this year's form.
Took a brave loyal supporter that backed her last Sunday fella. Frankie was on the morning line a week before the race, he said she wasn't right and he thought it could be a mental thing. Its a very weird game at times, but for some reason the cash ALWAYS lands in the bookmakers lap, as someone once said................They have EVERY angle covered. How True.

Took a brave loyal supporter that backed her last Sunday fella. Frankie was on the morning line a week before the race, he said she wasn't right and he thought it could be a mental thing. Its a very weird game at times, but for some reason the cash ALWAYS lands in the bookmakers lap, as someone once said................They have EVERY angle covered. How True.
A favourite has never won a big race Jimmy? You sound more bitter than Roy Keane and that takes some doing.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread I was a bit gutted to hear they sold 7 days of meets at Towcester in light of there being a new dog track slap in the middle of the course starting in a few months. All the best days aswell, shame as I liked going there on a weekend. Didnt know they could sell meetings.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread I'm thoroughly enjoying the Champions Day racing at Ascot. great to see Noble Mission win the main event.I think it would be better if it was held a few weeks earlier to get better ground . Not liking some of the presenting. Clare Balding is kissing butt as usual. Rikshi asking pointless questions as normal . I remember last month when he asked James Doyle what it meant to win an Ayr Gold Cup. What a pathetic question .Its a class 2 handicap not a classic. I'm disliking the fact they never say a poor ride has been given . A big name jockey made a tactical on fav in a Gr1 and they don't rip into him . Instead they say " the best horse on the day won...".

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Maybe if they slagged jockeys off they wouldn't get any interviews or guests on their programme?? Notice how AP doesnt appear on Racing UK much....wonder why? Lydia and Steve criticised him one day at Cheltenham for not trying. On ATR his mates Luke Harvey and Micky Fitz look after him.

Maybe if they slagged jockeys off they wouldn't get any interviews or guests on their programme?? Notice how AP doesnt appear on Racing UK much....wonder why? Lydia and Steve criticised him one day at Cheltenham for not trying. On ATR his mates Luke Harvey and Micky Fitz look after him.
I would very much welcome more unbiased criticism . If jockeys throw their toys out of the pram , well thats the consequence of it. I certainly don't want to listen to mates looking after each other . I want professional analysis . Bowing to trainers and jockeys by presenters is disgusting . They need to be professional. I'm sure some of the members on here have watched News Night on BBC2 and seen Jeremy Paxman ask politicians awkward questions to which they refuse to answer or even get up and leave. That is journalism . Getting to the truth. I am not saying presenters should say things like this jockey smells or that jockey is rubbish . I want frank and candor analysis . If there has been a poor ride we should hear it and not rubbish like the best horse on the day won. If I want bullsh!t I will buy the Daily Mail. You might think its acceptable to hear only good things about AP McCoy , R Hughes . Well a lot of us don't . I respect them as jockeys but if you expect comments viewed through rose tinted glasses , it wont be coming from me.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread It's hard to slag off any man that basically risks his life doing any job, how anyone can criticise someone like Tony McCoy is any way is beyond belief, the man has had umpteen operations, and when he is 60 he will probably be crippled. What jockey is going to stand there in front of the world and tolerate being ridiculed over a ride by people who know nothing about race-riding and in a lot of cases know nothing about every day horse racing. I actually can't think of 1 bad thing to say about McCoy, he is champion jockey how many times, he has been in hospital how many times, he has how many thousand winners, I don't know what more the man can do to be honest. Try sitting up on a horse erhaab.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread That is absolutely rubbish. Because somebody is champion jockey there should be immune from criticism because they risk their life? Rubbish. You don't understand my point Aidymac. So if you have never driven an F1 motor car you cannot pass comment? If you have never been to War you cannot comment on the Iraq war? Rubbish

You are entitled to criticise them' date=' but [b']not to their face live on TV you're not. I am all for criticism, but you are implying they could be criticised live on tv.
Absolutely yes , if it warrants it 100%. Who says you can't do it to their face live on TV ? What makes them untouchable? If you can do it to David Cameron ( British Prime Minister) or the police then why not a jockey ? We are descending into the realms of politics . What you are suggesting is very very dangerous and idiotic. ( nothing personal just your comment not you)

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Do you see the media bashing Wayne Rooney live on tv to his face? NO. Do you see the media bashing Rory McIlroy when he has a poor round? NO. It is nothing about being untouchable, it is just basic manners and some respect. Politics is not a sport, stupid argument.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Why have you equated unbiased reporting to media bashing of sports personalities? There's a huge difference. Would you like biased reporting about the troubles in Northern Ireland? Would you like to read a censored version of events? One that paints a pretty picture?

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Matt Chapman does it regularly on atr, if a jock has a stinker he'll "politely" say so, but in equal measures he defends jocks too when the muppets email in slagging jocks off just cus they have lost a fiver.......I doubt youll see it ever on Ch4, none of them have the balls......nobody, and i mean NOBODY is beyond criticism, but more often than not its down to who has the balls to stick their neck out and do it. I remember Chapman slating Fallon very recently too, so jockeys do get criticised by the media.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Very tricky situation. I agree with Erhaab that no-one (jockey, trainer, owner etc) should be free from criticism but the media risk being snubbed in the future if they ask anything slightly awkward. I remember Balding trying to ask about the Godolphin doping scandal, the Sheik walked off and ended the interview. We get a similar situation with local radio doing the footy, they never ask the manager any tricky questions. If they do he's likely to refuse future interviews and leave them buggered. Lydia and Mellish often ask pertinent questions and ahnnoy the racing buddies, she had a huge spat with Davy Russell before. The jockeys comments about "how many winners have you ridden" is ridiculous, people comment on what they observe and I'm sure many shrewd judges of racing have never sat on a horse.

It's hard to slag off any man that basically risks his life doing any job' date=' how anyone can criticise someone like Tony McCoy is any way is beyond belief, the man has had umpteen operations, and when he is 60 he will probably be crippled. What jockey is going to stand there in front of the world and tolerate being ridiculed over a ride by people who know nothing about race-riding and in a lot of cases know nothing about every day horse racing. I actually can't think of 1 bad thing to say about McCoy, he is champion jockey how many times, he has been in hospital how many times, he has how many thousand winners, I don't know what more the man can do to be honest. Try sitting up on a horse erhaab.[/quote'] There is a book by Pricewise. He states McCoy wouldn't make his top 10 list of jump jockeys. I'd put Geraghty, Walsh and Fehily ahead for my favoured jockeys but to say he doesn't make a top 10 seems more than ridiculous and quite insulting.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread If you think racing is bad, you should listen to Talksport. Sycophancy at its best. The latest being a full day on every show about Raheem Sterling being tired. Over the day, each interviewee or presenter defended him, and over the day, tired became fatigued. Its true, the amount of arselicking these presenters do is quite nauseous. If they slag someone off, that person does not give that station interviews. Panorama exposed that corrupt sod, Darren Ferguson and his transfers. Daddy didn't like it and refused to talk to the bbc for years. Same with Redkapp and the bbc, now gives the odd interview, but prefers the easy ride on Talksport. Though listening to Adrian Durham stitching up the chairman of the FA on Friday was most enjoyable.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Just another crook story, raindrop from an Ocean. refused to explain afterwards why he had the steroids in his yard! [h=1]Drugs fine for Philip Fenton[/h] http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/article/465/9530576/philip-fenton-found-guilty-of-possessing-steroids-and-other-banned-substances