** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Racing Chat Thread

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Lost another photo finish with Moonraker there. My bank could have doubled or tripled this week if a couple of things went my way but instead I've had my betting bank nearly wiped out. However I've learned a big gambling lesson here and realised how important it is to manage your bank and stake a small percentage of your funds so you don't get wiped out by poor runs. It's a shame but as well a valuable lesson. Going to take a break from gambling until I can put aside a decent bank to play with but I learned a good bit about the sport and I thought the racing at York was terrific! Best of luck! :ok

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread

Some of you have a " haha he deserves to be screwed over " attitude. That is just wrong
That's so funny, its like someone who bets when they know a pricing error has occurred, let me see who did that not so long ago!
When walking past a homeless person on the street , do you turn your nose up at them and think to yourself " scumbag " , or do you stop and hand over a little spare change?
I dont do either, what do you do? Power to the people, protect the punters!!! Don't make me laugh, i think your out for revenge on the bookies for some injustice that may have happened years ago. Come on tell us what happened to make you so bitter that you spend your life slagging them off at every opportunity. Embarrasing:$

Lost another photo finish with Moonraker there. My bank could have doubled or tripled this week if a couple of things went my way but instead I've had my betting bank nearly wiped out. However I've learned a big gambling lesson here and realised how important it is to manage your bank and stake a small percentage of your funds so you don't get wiped out by poor runs. It's a shame but as well a valuable lesson. Going to take a break from gambling until I can put aside a decent bank to play with but I learned a good bit about the sport and I thought the racing at York was terrific! Best of luck! :ok
A couple of lengths over several races was the difference between beans on toast next week or steak. I'm sat here on the sofa farting for England. ;) Valley Of Fire - 3rd Cursory Glance - 2nd Arabian Comet - 2nd (by a nose) Basateen - 3rd Kibaar - 2nd (by a head) The Grey Gatsby - 2nd (but well beaten) Extremity - 2nd All the above backed to win. Could have been a great week and I was already counting my winnings on Extremity when Moore kicked for home, didn't see Fallon swooping late, the swine. I'm at Donny for 3 days during the St Leger meeting, surely my luck must turn? If not I'll be the one outside the turnstiles begging for change. :eek

A couple of lengths over several races was the difference between beans on toast next week or steak. I'm sat here on the sofa farting for England. ;) Valley Of Fire - 3rd Cursory Glance - 2nd Arabian Comet - 2nd (by a nose) Basateen - 3rd Kibaar - 2nd (by a head) The Grey Gatsby - 2nd (but well beaten) Extremity - 2nd All the above backed to win. Could have been a great week and I was already counting my winnings on Extremity when Moore kicked for home, didn't see Fallon swooping late, the swine. I'm at Donny for 3 days during the St Leger meeting, surely my luck must turn? If not I'll be the one outside the turnstiles begging for change. :eek
Don't knock the beans, beans are the food that reminds us how good the steak will be, if we had steak every day it would be boring.

Hard luck Phil, thought Arabian Comet was very unlucky, needs producing on the line. you still going Malton next Sunday?
Not sure yet, don't know if John is going now. I'll have a think about it over the next week, might have a drive over but kind of get the feeling that once you've done the open day you've kind of seen it and done it at those particular trainers stables anyway. If there is anything decent on after the stable visits it might make it worth the trip. They usually have some racing personalities there afterwards doing a Q and A type thing. I'll have a look on their website.

That's so funny, its like someone who bets when they know a pricing error has occurred, let me see who did that not so long ago! I dont do either, what do you do? Power to the people, protect the punters!!! Don't make me laugh, i think your out for revenge on the bookies for some injustice that may have happened years ago. Come on tell us what happened to make you so bitter that you spend your life slagging them off at every opportunity. Embarrasing:$
Spend less time trying to mock me. I use this forum 2 or 3 times a week to air my opinions . Allow me the opportunity to say whats on my mind , without censorship or making a thread disappear , you can disagree with them all you want , don't mock me. If you are trying to make me feel not welcome , just say so and I won't bother visiting anymore. Your comments are juvenile , we are all adults on here. Lets draw a line under everything.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Richard Hughes has rode a whopping 11 winners in 23 rides at Brighton this year (48%), and has a really good book of rides today! He has a great 2014 strike rate for the trainers he riding for and I wouldn't be surprised to see him maintain his terrific record at the track. He also had a treble here for three different trainers at the same meeting last year!

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread The inaugural Irish Champions Weekend is almost upon us. Really looking forward to it. Think it'll be fantastic entertainment and I think the marketing team has done a greatc job in promoting the weekend. First positive signs that we can expect numbers on both days are already out, as the Curragh Thoroughbred Trail is reportedly sold out. Should be good fun and will be there myself on Sunday morning to visit the big yards around the Curragh area: http://hripressoffice.ie/press-releases/thoroughbred-trail-a-sell-out-success-ahead-of-irish-champions-weekend/

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread The Grey Gatsby has been supplemented (€75.000) for the Irish Champions Stakes. Only 2 lengths beaten behind Australia at York, this could be an interesting re-match. Al Kazeem is also confirmed to run: http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/the-grey-gatsby-ready-for-australia-rematch/1717053/#newsArchiveTabs=last7DaysNews

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread What's the view of Irish Champions Weekend over in the UK? The Curragh seems to have attracted a good number of trainers from the UK but is there any hype surrounding the meeting? HRI have done a lot of marketing the last few months in an attempt to attract racing fans in the UK in particular to Irish racing.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Lovely little video report by CNN about last Sundays Group 1 Grosser Preis von Baden, that saw Sea The Moon getting beaten. Interesting opinion from STM trainer stated there too about the pace of the race: http://edition.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/sports/2014/09/08/spc-winning-post-baden.cnn.html

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread I took the 10s with laddies the other day for the arc, as he still looks the most likely arc winner to my eyes. Ivanhowe is a top class horse in his own right, who runs his best races with an exaggerated break between his races, my feeling is the arc will come to soon for him. Sirius would be the horse to take out of the race. Was only having his 4th start and looks to be a typical middle distance German horse who has been given the kid glove treatment. Already on my radar for next years arc.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Seven declared for the Irish Champions Stakes - Final racecard here: http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/racecards/13-09-2014/leopardstown/racecard/638811/qipco-irish-champion-stakes-group-1 [ATTACH]6321[/ATTACH] I think it is a good field. Australia the class act, The Grey Gastsby a French Derby winner and 2nd behind Australia in York takes his chance and might not beat him but would earn a decent €200k pot for finishing runner-up again. Mukhadram the reigning Eclipse Stakes winner + last years Irish Derby winner Trading Leather. Alkasser looked promising earlier this year. The step up in trip is drastic though. I'm happy enough with this field. You can't ask for much more. Only thing that seriously annoys me is the fact that we have 7 runners. Makes this race completely unappealing from a betting point of view in my mind. Couldn't Aiden throw in a third horse so we could think at least about each-way backing against Australia? Ahrggg! Anyway, still looking forward to the weekend. Two fantastic days of racing. Big crowds expected. Weather should be fine I guess. Bring it on!

post-44296-14429286713823_thumb.jpg

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Have been busy with all the racing on Irish Champions Weekend and barely registered any racing outside the Island. But just saw the reply of Trade Storm's brilliant success in the Woodbine Mile. Excellent, patient ride by Jamie Spencer too. Gets the stick often enough - from my side too - but credit where credit is due:

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Don't wanna open a new thread for it, because I think it doesn't deserve it. But still it is big news this morning for obvious reasons. Talking about the front-page of the Daily Mirror of course. I'm sure you have seen it. Shocking pictures and I feel so sorry for the connections of the horse. In that respect, Michael Bell has published a very honest and well measured statement: “I find the decision to publish these photos disgusting. To publish them in this manner, as if they are evidence of an act of cruelty, when in reality it is an act of humanity being performed by a veterinary surgeon doing their job. “The whole yard were watching the race in which ‘Wiggie’ suffered his fatal injury and many tears were shed afterwards, He has been a favourite in the yard for six years – he never wanted for anything. “The loss of Wigmore Hall has been felt deeply by everyone at the yard and the hundreds of people who befriended him on his worldwide travels. I cannot overstate how upsetting the publication of these pictures is for Wigmore Hall’s owner and his young family, all my staff and not least myself and my family. Did those responsible for the decision take into consideration the feelings of those close to the horse before publishing? “I wholly support BHA in their efforts to get a full explanation from the Mirror for the decision to publish these photos and the distress which their publication has caused.” http://www.michaelbellracing.com/2014/09/statement-from-michael-bell-daily-mirror-article-on-wigmore-hall/

Don't wanna open a new thread for it, because I think it doesn't deserve it. But still it is big news this morning for obvious reasons. Talking about the front-page of the Daily Mirror of course. I'm sure you have seen it. Shocking pictures and I feel so sorry for the connections of the horse. In that respect, Michael Bell has published a very honest and well measured statement: “I find the decision to publish these photos disgusting. To publish them in this manner, as if they are evidence of an act of cruelty, when in reality it is an act of humanity being performed by a veterinary surgeon doing their job. “The whole yard were watching the race in which ‘Wiggie’ suffered his fatal injury and many tears were shed afterwards, He has been a favourite in the yard for six years – he never wanted for anything. “The loss of Wigmore Hall has been felt deeply by everyone at the yard and the hundreds of people who befriended him on his worldwide travels. I cannot overstate how upsetting the publication of these pictures is for Wigmore Hall’s owner and his young family, all my staff and not least myself and my family. Did those responsible for the decision take into consideration the feelings of those close to the horse before publishing? “I wholly support BHA in their efforts to get a full explanation from the Mirror for the decision to publish these photos and the distress which their publication has caused.” http://www.michaelbellracing.com/2014/09/statement-from-michael-bell-daily-mirror-article-on-wigmore-hall/
I was browsing Twitter this morning when I saw it mentioned but some were saying it was the Daily Mail and others saying it was the Daily Mirror. I saw the article online and it's so obvious its the animal rights campaigners with their agenda and the paper using that controversy to sell papers. All this before the National Hunt season has even started. I wish David Yates (Newsboy) would tell them where to stick their column (think he writes for them doesn't he) and I'm sure most racing folk will abandon their paper after today. Nothing surprises me with the tabloids sadly. When I was at York with Whoneedsrio this season we saw a horse collapse in front of us and the screens went up. I had my camera with me and with the zoom lense but at no point did I ever consider trying to get photos of what had happened, that's just crass and insensitive. The scum that took the photo and the scum that printed it have no morals and don't care about upsetting anyone connected to the horse. Within a week they'll move back on to abusing immigrants and benefits claimants and leave the racing alone. :eyes

I was browsing Twitter this morning when I saw it mentioned but some were saying it was the Daily Mail and others saying it was the Daily Mirror. I saw the article online and it's so obvious its the animal rights campaigners with their agenda and the paper using that controversy to sell papers. All this before the National Hunt season has even started. I wish David Yates (Newsboy) would tell them where to stick their column (think he writes for them doesn't he) and I'm sure most racing folk will abandon their paper after today. Nothing surprises me with the tabloids sadly. When I was at York with Whoneedsrio this season we saw a horse collapse in front of us and the screens went up. I had my camera with me and with the zoom lense but at no point did I ever consider trying to get photos of what had happened' date=' that's just crass and insensitive. The scum that took the photo and the scum that printed it have no morals and don't care about upsetting anyone connected to the horse. Within a week they'll move back on to abusing immigrants and benefits claimants and leave the racing alone. :eyes[/quote'] The most pathetic thing in this story is that the Mirror hugely profits from racing. They charge bookies fortunes for advertisement in their paper, the Mirror has racecards to all the races in it too, they also have a racing club owning horses as far as I know, have a dedicated Mirror racing twitter account and so on and so on... so can't be all that bad with racing then? Double standards as always, just to get a story. But then shall we be surprised? Not in the least. It's tabloid. Simple as that.