** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Tennis Tips - March 20 - March 26

Zhang @1.81 vs Andreeva bf

I'm torn about this one because I can't find any news about Zhang's retirement in Indian Wells, just a generic "illness"... anyway I'll give it a try, Zhang in Miami has some points to defend and overall I think is a mismatch for the young Andreeva, too much experienced Zhang and these courts should really suit her game... the only issue is her health, if she is fit she will make it

Carlitos to beat (-6.5 games) Facundo Bagnis at 1.66 with Unibet

Petra Kvitova to beat Linda Noskova at 1.58 with Unibet

Varvara Gracheva to beat Ons Jabeur at 2.80 with Unibet

Botic Van De Zandschulp to beat Alexei Popyrin at 1.78 with Unibet

These four to me feels like pretty solid picks and should come in.

Total odds for parlay: 13.07

Edited by four-leaf

I'm going to go with Yibing Wu to beat Diego Schwartmann at 4/11 typically with most bookmakers.

Short enough odds true but Diego has been a shadow of himself in 2023. Wu meanwhile has had some decent results of late, and made the semis in Dallas recently, before losing 6-4 in the final set to Fritz. 

4 hours ago, amity said:

I'm going to go with Yibing Wu to beat Diego Schwartmann at 4/11 typically with most bookmakers.

Short enough odds true but Diego has been a shadow of himself in 2023. Wu meanwhile has had some decent results of late, and made the semis in Dallas recently, before losing 6-4 in the final set to Fritz. 

Wu playing like a complete novice against a rejuvenated Diego ?‍♂️

Hope none of you followed me. ?

10 minutes ago, amity said:

Wu playing like a complete novice against a rejuvenated Diego ?‍♂️

Hope none of you followed me. ?

Don't feel bad @amity

Wu had an injury timeout which couldn't have helped, add to that not being able to consolidate the first set break plus Diego doing what he always used to do by saving a truck load of break points and that's most of the ingredients needed to send the bet down. You'll get the next one I'm sure :ok

Samsonova @1.78 vs. Zheng - bf

I have to go with Liudmila here... I like Zheng but she had a shaky start against a mediocre player like Begu and she is coimig from an injury stop and other issues with her wrist. Recently, in Abu Dhabi 23, Samsonova won in 3 sets. H2H 2-1 in favor of Liudmila, the one won by Zheng was on clay.

28 minutes ago, Foo_Fighter said:

Her lack of game? She has embarrassed Iga twice in two months...

She's lost something from last week and isn't in the same form now I've seen and it's gonna cost her more than a set if she continues like this in Miami. Doesn't matter if she's embarrassed Iga or not. If it's Sabalenka in a final again, she's toast.

21 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

She's lost something from last week and isn't in the same form now I've seen and it's gonna cost her more than a set if she continues like this in Miami. Doesn't matter if she's embarrassed Iga or not. If it's Sabalenka in a final again, she's toast.

I'm not sure... the big question is if she has enough resources to make it to the final... then (if Sabalenka makes it) it's an open match like the 2 previous finals this year. Rybakina doesn't attract the same media attention of other players but on hard courts as for now she is second to none. Anyway the draw is pretty open now, and yesterday it was again FULL WTA MODE, with favs like Gauff, Azarenka, Samsonova (Argh, this one hurts... ?) blowing leads and eventually losing quite badly... will see what tomorrow brings

Ostapenko - Trevisan 2-0 @ 1.53

meagre odds, but there is still value here imo... Ostapenko has an open draw here I don't think she might want to waste time with Trevisan, who is an overachiever (and for this one should give her full credit) but has certain limits which is very difficult to overcome at this level

8 minutes ago, Swami said:

Ostapenko - Trevisan 2-0 @ 1.53

meagre odds, but there is still value here imo... Ostapenko has an open draw here I don't think she might want to waste time with Trevisan, who is an overachiever (and for this one should give her full credit) but has certain limits which is very difficult to overcome at this level

Can be hard to take out Ostapenko if she gets on a run here and I certainly agree about this.

Bianca Vanessa Andreescu to beat (-1.5 sets) Sonya Kenin at 2.32 with Unibet

I'm on Bianca tonight because she's been quite reasonable with her game this week and it seems to work for here. I even think she's won Miami before in 2019 or if it was Indian Wells, don't remember but anyway she's got 3 straight 2-0 victories in this matchup. I know Kenin has some connections to Miami being there already at 6 years old and being walked around by Kim Clijsters and saying hello to Andy Roddick. She also wanted to get a haircut at the venue as she told Kim but that was another story. However Bianca is ranked 32 right now and Kenin has made progress with her game but she even lost 2-0 before to Bianca in Miami and the other two times was in Toronto and a smaller ITF. Kenin isn't there yet to challenge Bianca who did well enough by taking out Sakkari to be able to take out Sonya in straights again. So I think this 2.32 price should be taken. Depending on how the match evolves there might be some higher odds to come by in-play but I'm just not gonna sit and wait for that to happen. BTW doesn't Andreescu sound romanian?

Varvara Gracheva to beat (-1.5 sets) Magdalena Frech at 1.94 with Unibet

Varvara has it in her to progress further in this tournament. I don't expect her to win by numbers like 6-2 again because Ons Jabeur is playing much worse than Magdalena is right now. Ons just isn't top 10 quality anymore, not even top 50 to be honest. Varvara however is going forward and has the game to keep playing good enough again to get by Magdalena in straights. Magdalena had some difficulties for a set with Erika Andreeva and it doesn't look good ahead of this matchup so it's gonna be very risky to go against Varvara in this match, even going for Magdalena to take a set could be highly risky. I might be reluctant to take Varvara to cover -4.5 games handicap because like I've said I can't expect Magdalena to play as bad as Ons did and being completely run over tonight since I think there is a chance she'll cover 4.5 games. Even if it gets tight with some tie-break Varvara hasn't shown anything lately suggesting that she would lose a breaker to her polish counterpart. What Varvara does on court now is equal to an inform player in the top 30.

Double at 4.50 with Unibet

Surely should be other bookies like Pinnacle or so outthere offering slightly improved price so go for other bookies if you guys like but I'm gonna stick with my bookie on this one. I don't even like Pinnacle that much because of their turnover requirement of 3 times the deposit.

Back this tonight and it might give a chance for a happy day.