** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Tennis Tips - March 20 - March 26

I'm going with Alexander Shevchenko to beat Nuno Borges at 2.25 with bet365

He's a very good player based on what I've seen this week from him in Phoenix. He beat Matteo Berrettini and Quentin Halys back to back yesterday, whereas his opponent beat Popyrin and JL Struff respectively.

Good luck.

3 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Viktorija Golubic to beat Viktoriya Tomova at 2.50 with William Hill

Too big a price I'd say, Golubic was very dominant yesterday and the conditions seem to suit her. I honestly see this as a coin-flip, more or less, and I'd have Golubic as only a slight underdog, if that at all.

But I like Tomova.. Coached my Mike Tillstrom also, a tennisfriend of mine here in Sweden. He doing a good job with Victoriya.

with William Hill

Golubic to beat Tomova @+135

Bjorklund to beat Zidansek @ +158

I don't believe Zidansek is in any form at all, and she lost east straight sets here last year to zvonareva. Bjorklund looks good to me from what I saw.. Consistent hard serve and decent athlete.. The line seemed really fishy to me when I searched more about Bjorklund. 

I took a look at Tomova, and don't know this player well enough. I don't like her talent level for some reason. Making all sorts of random errors, and not very powerful in my opinion. If Golbubic played such a clean match yesterday.. I will go on the word of Czech Punter with that, and take the value option when this line should probably be lined closer. 

I don't see what you have against Tomova or whatever it is you have going for Golubic but neither will beat the other on own terms. Doesn't matter what you saw from the swiss before, she's still a long way off any kind form. At least Tomova does it well enough to get more chances of reaching higher.

1 minute ago, four-leaf said:

I don't see what you have against Tomova or whatever it is you have going for Golubic but neither will beat the other on own terms. Doesn't matter what you saw from the swiss before, she's still a long way off any kind form. At least Tomova does it well enough to get more chances of reaching higher.

I hedged out a little bit on Tomova.. I was really following Czech's advice on Swiss. She's let me down in the past.. I am considering to hedge out a lit more since the line dropped to close to a pick em

7 hours ago, money44 said:

with William Hill

Golubic to beat Tomova @+135

Bjorklund to beat Zidansek @ +158

I don't believe Zidansek is in any form at all, and she lost east straight sets here last year to zvonareva. Bjorklund looks good to me from what I saw.. Consistent hard serve and decent athlete.. The line seemed really fishy to me when I searched more about Bjorklund. 

I took a look at Tomova, and don't know this player well enough. I don't like her talent level for some reason. Making all sorts of random errors, and not very powerful in my opinion. If Golbubic played such a clean match yesterday.. I will go on the word of Czech Punter with that, and take the value option when this line should probably be lined closer. 

excellent call on Golubic Czech.. I had a feeling there was something there... I would have hedged out a good amount anyways after Golubic won the first set.. So I don't consider much profit loss from the bet. 

2 hours ago, money44 said:

excellent call on Golubic Czech.. I had a feeling there was something there... I would have hedged out a good amount anyways after Golubic won the first set.. So I don't consider much profit loss from the bet. 

Yepp was a pretty good call by @CzechPunter and I hope he got some more for tomorrow

Christian Garin to beat Alejandro Tabilo at 1.79 with Pinnacle

I'm happy to take these early odds, as Garin did nothing wrong in the Indian Wells, where he beat Nishioka and Ruud before losing against Fokina. Tabilo managed to squeeze a win against the arguably tired Shevchenko in the previous round here, and Garin should be able to outlast and outplay him here imo. Much more class overall.

Hibino 1.72 bf 

Libino lost to Kovinic in straight sets in Auckland 23, but that was the 1R of the first tournament of the year, so it doesn’t count much for me. Hibino has been solid in the qualis against 2 uneasy opponents like Masarova and Frech. I’ve seen Kovinic losing to Watson recently, she was really out of shape. Last year in Miami Kovinic Lost in the 1R, so no points to defend. I see some value here.

21 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

Hi and welcome to PL @Swami!

Thanks! I’ve been doing it for a while (years ?), mostly WTA… I usually bet on exchange ‘cause WTA is the craziest thing and it’s never really finished until they shake hands. I also bet live, when I have the possibility to follow the matches. Of course, I used to play tennis (and still do) a lot. Hope to drop some decent ones here… ?

53 minutes ago, Swami said:

Thanks! I’ve been doing it for a while (years ?), mostly WTA… I usually bet on exchange ‘cause WTA is the craziest thing and it’s never really finished until they shake hands. I also bet live, when I have the possibility to follow the matches. Of course, I used to play tennis (and still do) a lot. Hope to drop some decent ones here… ?

Good luck!

Hi - Does anyone here have an opinion on the Schmiedlova - DAvis match ? I thought this line would be a pk or Schmiedlova favored. Why is she +185.. I realize Davis holds a 2-0 h2h record against her. I don't rate Davis at all, but I haven't seen her play recently.

Anna won as an underdog in her first match here, and she seems decently competitive to start the season on hard courts. Davis on the other hand is withdrawing in Doha after a long tournament in Hobart and AO. Then is trading wins and demolishing losses since then. I figure Schmiedlova is the more talented athlete, and in better physical shape currently. Main problem is the Schmiedlova serve. 

For the first two matches. Anna's serve stats are 2 aces and 4 df's, 0 aces and 3 df's. This does not seem horrendous to me. I am not expecting many aces from either player in the match. 

I guess I'll probably leave this one alone, because I don't realize that Davis is having some nice results earlier this year, and then she had some time to rest now.. Seems too dangerous.

@CzechPunter

Edited by money44
adding important info

10 minutes ago, money44 said:

Hi - Does anyone here have an opinion on the Schmiedlova - DAvis match ? I thought this line would be a pk or Schmiedlova favored. Why is she +185.. I realize Davis holds a 2-0 h2h record against her. I don't rate Davis at all, but I haven't seen her play recently.

Anna won as an underdog in her first match here, and she seems decently competitive to start the season on hard courts. Davis on the other hand is withdrawing in Doha after a long tournament in Hobart and AO. Then is trading wins and demolishing losses since then. I figure Schmiedlova is the more talented athlete, and in better physical shape currently. Main problem is the Schmiedlova serve. 

@CzechPunter

I agree, +185 is too much. In the WTA I like players that come out from the qualis… Schmiedlova, I don’t like her game and I’m surprised she won against Navarro. Davis last year made it to the 3R, so she got some points to defend. I would have gave them equal chances to win… but I don’t know, they are booth kind of very unreliable… maybe I’ll give a look at the game live

In my opinion .. GArin is playing terrible, and I would only consider to back TAbilo now.. GArin looks tired, and the courts are too fast.. He's making alot of errors.. I don't want to back Tabilo particularly.. biggest chance is to just watch and see what happens

16 minutes ago, money44 said:

In my opinion .. GArin is playing terrible, and I would only consider to back TAbilo now.. GArin looks tired, and the courts are too fast.. He's making alot of errors.. I don't want to back Tabilo particularly.. biggest chance is to just watch and see what happens

Agree I wouldn't take Garin at 1.68 which is the price I get on my bookie