Racing Chat - Thursday Sept 3rd

340 Salisbury

Chil chil 225 

The other side 223 +2 

Rock on baileys  223 

Classy race for a weekday......chil chil claims are obvious and I backed him last time so he did me a big favour but at 13/8 and 9lb higher theres no value today so worth taking on I think ew .....the other 2 will have to find something to beat this fav but they have patchy form that gives them a chance at these weights so will be an interesting race 

The other side 5pts ew 8/1 sky 

Rock on baileys 5pts ew 25/1 sky 

3 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

340 Salisbury

Chil chil 225 

The other side 223 +2 

Rock on baileys  223 

Classy race for a weekday......chil chil claims are obvious and I backed him last time so he did me a big favour but at 13/8 and 9lb higher theres no value today so worth taking on I think ew .....the other 2 will have to find something to beat this fav but they have patchy form that gives them a chance at these weights so will be an interesting race 

The other side 5pts ew 8/1 sky 

Rock on baileys 5pts ew 25/1 sky 

Rock on ...non runner  ...

Today's two year olds ........ some favourites who look like 'good things', a couple that have caught my eye and a couple that are just about EW prices

Newc 1.25 - Bellissime 11/10
Newc 2.00 - Fivethousandtoone 1/2

Sals 2.10 - Dickens 11/2
Sals 2.40 - Noon Star 5/2, Hasanaat 9/2
Sals 3.10 - Illykato (EW) 11/1

Hayd 1.45 - Skibo Castle (EW) 7/1
Hayd 2.20 - Pleasant Man 9/4

prices bet365 bog

12.50 Newcastle - 2pts win Zebulon @ 7/1 Bet365

Very well handicapped horse now who has run several good races around Newcastle with this probably being his ideal course and distance. Dropped down to a basement mark of 50 after some lesser efforts on turf recently but has been running in better races too and wasn't disgraced last time out. Ruth Carr's horses had a very quiet time but have been slowly coming to the boil recently and did have a recent winner. That's often the time to keep on the right side of her horses and now back to ideal conditions, this one can hopefully take advantage of that lowly mark.

1.00 Salisbury - 2pts win Amazon Princess @ 9/2 Bet365

The market support is all for Blessed here but I'd sooner have the horse who is sure to relish the step up to a mile in Amazon Princess at a now attractive price of 9/2. Did well to win last time here over 7f after stumbling at the start and the runner-up has subsequently gone well since off a higher mark. This filly is sure to enjoy the extra furlong here on run style and pedigree and has only edged up the handicapper so ought to go very close here.

1.35 Salisbury - 1pt e/w Biotic @ 10/1 Hills

Was outpaced and never involved here last time but nothing came from off the pace that day and better can be expected today given his typical consistent profile. Is off a winning mark, conditions suit and the likely strong gallop can help this fast finisher in an apprentice race. Yard is in good nick to boot so expecting him to bounce back here.

3.10 Salisbury - 0.5pts e/w Alicestar @ 25/1 Bet365

Those at the head of the market have obvious claims but of those unexposed, I thought Alicestar could improve plenty for her debut success at Yarmouth and go well at a price. Defied greenness that day to get on top of the odds on favourite who looks to be an 80 horse on evidence so far (won easily yesterday at Bath) and the pair were 7 lengths clear. David Simcock's debutants usually come on for the run so this one looks a potential 90+ horse if building on the debut win so will chance at a big price.

3.35 Newcastle - 1pt e/w My Brother Mike @ 12/1 Bet365

You can draw a line through this one's last effort when pulling far too hard over 1m4f but should find the return to 1m2f helpful in that respect and still shaped as if in form that day despite fading late on. Previously had won two in a row quite readily and remains on a decent handicap mark on previous form so a double figure price for a horse in form and conditions to suit just seems too generous for me to ignore.

3.40 Salisbury - 1pt e/w Star in the Making @ 22/1 Bet365

Is a course and distance winner and has shown some decent form over 6f but has had excuses lately. Didn't seem to handle Pontefract last time out from a wide draw and was outstayed over 7f on its two previous runs. Back to 6f here today off a fair enough mark and I think it's worth an each-way poke with conditions ideal again. 

22 hours ago, Striker said:

Good Luck

1.25 Newcastle-Bellissime 

Mentioned her before running a cracker on debut in a Group race at York. Will have learnt a lot from that experience but has opened up short at 6-4 

Backed into odds on, but got run down close home by the Haggas newcomer

No excuses though despite being carried left at the start, she traveled like the best horse though did think when jockey pressed the button that the response was not automatic suggesting another furlong is needed

Had a bit of a break as been moving house, but been following what’s been going on here. Unbelievable tipping again from Rupert. I can’t for the life of me understand why anyone would pay for a service when you’ve got so many posters on here that continuously come up with the goods. Everyone has their different methods, but this place is a goldmine for horse racing and info. Unfortunately I rarely follow anyone on here and like to do my own work, even though I rarely win ?

Edited by Villa Chris

13 hours ago, Villa Chris said:

Unfortunately I rarely follow anyone on here and like to do my own work, even though I rarely win ?

Why unfortunately?
The more your selections are individual and further away from the sheeple, the better chance of profit IMO.
Follow the same path as the rest you invariably end up in the same place., Keep at it ,the harder you try the luckier you'll get so they say.
Hope the move went well (hated every time Ive moved...stress full :\ )
:ok

36 minutes ago, Valiant Thor said:

Why unfortunately?
The more your selections are individual and further away from the sheeple, the better chance of profit IMO.
Follow the same path as the rest you invariably end up in the same place., Keep at it ,the harder you try the luckier you'll get so they say.
Hope the move went well (hated every time Ive moved...stress full :\ )
:ok

Unfortunately Is  probably the wrong word. I think it takes the fun out of it by following other people. I enjoy trying to work out races and trying new/old ways of trying to make profit. I’m still early days regarding my journey into horse racing, but I love it. It’s taken over football as my main sport. 

We are settling in a bit now but last few weeks has been stressful to say the least. Hate moving house, and hopefully this is the last time, at least for the next 20 years anyway.