L1, L2, and Scottish Predictions > Aug 25th & 26th

league1odds.jpg

league2odds.jpg

scotsodds1.jpg

scotsodds2.jpg

Here are the weekend's odds for the upcoming League 1, League 2, SPL, Scottish Championship, Scottish League 1, and Scottish League 2 matches. I'll add the ELO ratings when they have been updated after the midweek games. In the meantime, feel free to share your early thoughts on tips for these matches. :ok

Luton vs Shrewsbury

League 1 takes centre stage for our first preview in this thread this weekend with mid-table Luton hosting early strugglers Shrewsbury in a 3pm kick-off at Kenilworth Road. The Hatters bagged their first win of the season in midweek but the Shrews are still without their first victory.

Nathan Jones has witnessed his side playing quite well this season for large spells but results just hadn't been going their way. The narrow 1-0 defeat to Portsmouth on the opening day wasn't necessarily a surprise and the 1-1 draw at home to Sunderland could prove to be a good point come the end of the season. The 3-1 loss away to Peterborough was probably the most disappointing score but the 2-0 victory at home to Southend has improved spirits amongst the fans and players.

John Askey's time at Shrewsbury has not endured the best start. After replacing Paul Hurst in the summer, who departed for Ipswich after guiding Shrewsbury to the play-offs last season, Askey has yet to win a competitive game in charge. Two draws and two defeats in the league have been accompanied by a 2-1 defeat at home to Burton Albion in the EFL Cup 1st Round. The most worrying statistic being that Shrewsbury have failed to find the net in three of their four league games so far.

I backed Luton a number of times last season due to their prolific scoring record. They've not carried that lethal streak into this season so far but that's understandable given the step up in quality. That said, they have hit 5 in their last two league games. The key fact is that Danny Hylton is still banging them in and so long as that happens they have hope.

It's clear that there are teething issues with Askey at Shrewsbury. He worked wonders at Macclesfield but this is not the same club. Expectations are higher here. The set-up is different. It's in danger of ending in tears if Shrewsbury don't pick up that first win soon. I just think Luton will take the win here because they'll be bouncing after that win in midweek.

Luton to Win @ 1.85 with Blacktype

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 2.10 with Betfair

@Papa Lazarou, @freestylerx, @allyhibs, @iBetting, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @kulikTS, @golakeh1, @Unnamed, @willie82, @dogmeister, @TheEdge, @JJG, @allthethings, @Mindfulness, @the bastardian, @teddybear3011, @Marek76, @salmonman, @Unnamed, @mij0sim, @harry_rag, @jazzman02, @Bobby Vegas, @Teodore, @Tiffy, and @sajtion. what bets are you all placing for this round of matches?

Celtic vs Hamilton

OK, so Celtic have actually screwed me over several times this season already but like a kidnap victim suffering from Stockholm Syndrome I just can't say goodbye and I'm going back for more! Here, it's Celtic versus Hamilton in a 3pm kick-off this Sunday from Celtic Park.

I'm losing count already but I think it's four matches now where Celtic haven't done the business when we've expected them to. Three times in Europe and once in the SPL. Thanks for that Brendan! Anyway, I'm going to give them one last chance to redeem themselves.

Hamilton have had a mixed start to this season. The 4-1 defeat to Hearts at home was a heavy loss to take. However, the 1-0 win away to Motherwell showed how well they can bounce back and offered hope of a more positive season than had first been forecast after that opening weekend loss.

To put it bluntly, I think Celtic will have too much for Martin Canning's side here. Their disappointing draw against Suduvua Marijampole in midweek will see Rodgers aim to get a reaction from his under-performing side. Dare I say it, if Celtic fail to win their next two games then could it see Rodgers face the sack? Surely not! @allyhibs, what do you reckon?

Celtic to Win and Over 2.5 Goals Scored @ 1.53 with Coral

Celtic HT/FT @ 1.57 with Ladbrokes

AFC Wimbledon v Sunderland

AFC Wimbledon: Terell Thomas (0/0 d, doubtful)

Sunderland: Adam Matthews (3/0 d), Bryan Oviedo (3/0 d)(both doubtful), Tom Flanagan (0/0 d), Jerome Sinclair (1/0 f), Duncan Watmore (0/0 m), Aiden McGeady (0/0 f, last season 2nd top scorer), Charlie Wyke (0/0 f)

Blackpool v Accrington Stanley

Blackpool: Jimmy Ryan (0/0 m), Ryan McLaughlin (0/0 d)(both doubtful)

Accrington Stanley: Nick Anderton (2/0 m, loan from Blackpool), Erico Sousa (0/0 m)

Cambridge Utd v Cheltenham

Cambridge Utd: David Forde (1/0 first goalkeeper), Paul Lewis (0/0 m)(both doubtful), Greg Taylor (1/0 d)

Cheltenham: Sean Long (0/0 d)

Carlisle Utd v Crewe Alexandra

Carlisle Utd: Jason Kennedy (0/0 m), Mike Jones (2/0 m)

Crewe Alexandra: Harry Pickering (4/0 d, doubtful)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

1 hour ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Celtic vs Hamilton

OK, so Celtic have actually screwed me over several times this season already but like a kidnap victim suffering from Stockholm Syndrome I just can't say goodbye and I'm going back for more! Here, it's Celtic versus Hamilton in a 3pm kick-off this Sunday from Celtic Park.

I'm losing count already but I think it's four matches now where Celtic haven't done the business when we've expected them to. Three times in Europe and once in the SPL. Thanks for that Brendan! Anyway, I'm going to give them one last chance to redeem themselves.

Hamilton have had a mixed start to this season. The 4-1 defeat to Hearts at home was a heavy loss to take. However, the 1-0 win away to Motherwell showed how well they can bounce back and offered hope of a more positive season than had first been forecast after that opening weekend loss.

To put it bluntly, I think Celtic will have too much for Martin Canning's side here. Their disappointing draw against Suduvua Marijampole in midweek will see Rodgers aim to get a reaction from his under-performing side. Dare I say it, if Celtic fail to win their next two games then could it see Rodgers face the sack? Surely not! @allyhibs, what do you reckon?

Celtic to Win and Over 2.5 Goals Scored @ 1.53 with Coral

Celtic HT/FT @ 1.57 with Ladbrokes

I'm in the same boat as you Stevie, Celtic have let me down a few times already this season, I'm still in shock after last nights result against Suduva. They obviously should be able to take care of Hamilton at home but I'm not touching them until they start showing some improvement, things aren't right at Parkhead just now.

As for Rodgers, I think he might walk, rumour is he's had a major fall out with the board over their failure to get transfer deals done, their pathetic attempt to buy John McGinn from Hibs was embarrassing for them.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding League One

Portsmouth has over 2.5 goals in their last 3 away games in League One.
Bristol Rovers has over 2.5 goals in their last 6 home games in League One.
Bristol Rovers has over 2.5 goals in their last 7 games in League One.
Portsmouth scored in last 12 away games in League One.
Luton Town has under 2.5 goals in their last 3 home games in League One.

You can find interesting 101 Football Betting Streaks for 25.08.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-25-08-2018-10982

Stirling v Peterhead.

Stirling have had a terrible start to the season with 3 straight defeats, including an opening day loss to the dross of Berwick. Peterhead are arguably the strongest side in this league and are rightly favourites to be champions. Their front 2 of McAllister and Lyle could have a field day here. I was expecting the odds on the away win to be shorter than this. Peterhead @ 1.83 is printing money.

On 24/08/2018 at 8:47 AM, sajtion said:

here is my tip accumulator

arsenal

southampton

leeds

wigan

bradford

luton

exeter

mansfield

newport

stake £20    pays £20.000

good luck

this was another crap week of results

i thought southampton would at last win and at home but it looks like mark hughes has got some poor players. he could lose a job too

bradford was decent last season but it appears they are much weaker this season. avoid in future

it was inevitable that qpr to get a win but i didn't expect it against wigan

i gotta avoid mansfield in the future. they can't seem to close games out and too many draws

i only realised exeter has bad history in their fixture and lost. i should have avoided it

doh... roll on next week 

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premiership

Hamilton Academical has over 2.5 goals in their last 3 games in Premiership.
Celtic scored in last 3 games in Premiership.
Hamilton Academical won their last 3 away games in Premiership.
Hamilton Academical scored in last 3 away games in Premiership.
Celtic scored in last 6 home games in Premiership.

You can find interesting 95 Football Betting Streaks for 26.08.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-26-08-2018-11008