** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Championship Predictions > Apr 6th & 7th

champratings.jpg

The hectic Easter schedule for the Championship continues this coming weekend as every team is in action for the 3rd time in a week. A number of teams will also be playing the following midweek as well so bear that in mind! Take a gander at the odds and ratings listed above then give us your thoughts on what bets to place. :ok

Cardiff vs Wolves

Undoubtedly, one of the games of the Championship season is scheduled to take place this coming Friday night at 7:45pm when 2nd placed Cardiff entertain league leaders Wolves at the Cardiff City Stadium. It's a clash of two sides that have won a lot of admirers this season.

A win for the Bluebirds would put them 8 points clear of 3rd placed Fulham with just 6 league matches remaining. Victory for the travelling team would all but secure their place in next season's Premier League. The three points would move them onto 89 points and 14 points ahead of Slavisa Jokanovic's side. As you can see, plenty of opportunity for both teams coming into this.

Of course, the draw would essentially suit both managers. A point would put further breathing space between Neil Warnock's men and their closest rivals. A single point for Nuno Espirito Santo's team would keep the distance between themselves and the closest rivals to their title aspirations.

The previous meeting between these two sides at Molineux saw Cardiff take all three points. It was called a clash of playing styles with the Bluebirds being berated for unsettling Wolves with a more physical approach. It can be argued that with the much smaller budget and playing against a higher quality of player, it's no surprise Cardiff adopted such a tactic. I'm confident we'll do it again this Friday. Wolves have shown they lose their cool when provoked. If any manager knows how to antagonize an opposition then it's Warnock!

A lot of our fans are optimistic but nervous about this. It's generally felt we have a stronger mentality than Wolves. They obviously have the more talented playing squad but that will count for little. It's expected to be close to a capacity attendance in excess of 33,000 so the atmosphere will be electric. Can the Wolves players handle it? My head says a draw and Wolves might possibly sneak a narrow win. My heart says we will once again do the business when it matters. This Cardiff side keeps delivering when faced with a new challenge. To avoid tempting fate, I'm going to reluctantly back Wolves to sneak a narrow win. It's going to be one to watch!

BTTS @ 2.00 with SunBets

Wolves to win @ 2.55 with 888Sport

P.s. I should add I've edited this five times changing my mind but this is what I've settled on.

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @harry_rag, @Pipoca, and @the bastardian, what do you guys think of my thoughts on this upcoming game? What bets are you lining up for this weekend in the Championship?

Cardiff City v Wolverhampton

Cardiff City: Joe Ralls (33/7 m, doubtful), Jazz Richards (6/0 d), Danny Ward (18/4 f)

Wolverhampton: Bright Enobakhare (19/1 f, doubtful), Phil Ofosu-Ayeh (0/0 d), Carl Ikeme (0/0 g)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Boro vs N’gham Forest 

Taking a home side to win here. Highly motivated Boro, fighting for play off spot against Forest which is not playing for anything really except the pride and failed to score in last 4 matches. Not sure about missing players for this fixture on both sides, maybe someone can update it later but taking a risk and going AH (-1) Boro @2,1 bet365 

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Cardiff City have been undefeated in their last 13 matches in Championship.
Cardiff City have scored in each of their last 11 matches in Championship.
Cardiff City have won their last 7 home matches in Championship.
Wolverhampton have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 4 matches in Championship.
Cardiff City have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 4 games against Wolverhampton in all competitions.

You can find interesting 79 Football Betting Streaks for 06.04.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-06-04-2018-9086

Birmingham vs Burton

My second preview for this weekend's Championship game is the relegation clash between Birmingham and Burton at St. Andrew's. It is Garry Monk's Blues taking on Nigel Clough's Brewers with the home team sitting in 21st place and the visitors propping up the table in 24th position.

I've generally had good fortune with both of these teams as far as betting goes this season. Birmingham have often done me well and Burton have often taken a hiding when I've needed them to. I'm adopting a similar attitude this week with my support fully behind the home side.

You only need to look at the form table to see that the Blues should be backed. Monk, as I have anticipated, appears to be turning results around. Three wins on the bounce shows more confidence. Losing Che Adams to suspension with Sam Gallagher also a possible doubt is a potential issue but I think the home team will still have enough.

If Adams was playing I would have backed Birmingham at -1 but I think I'll stick with the outright win. Burton did well to hold Middlesbrough to a 1-1 draw but that was at home. Their away form isn't terrible but they don't look too stable on the road. There is the stat that says they have a 100% win record against Birmingham in the Championship. This is close to a rivalry for them. I just don't think they will take anything off Birmingham here.

Birmingham to win @ 1.80 with Bet365

Birmingham to score first @ 1.62 with BetStars

Millwall vs Bristol City

The play-off race in the Championship will take an interesting turn this weekend when two potential contenders for the top six clash in a 3pm kick-off this Saturday at The Den. 8th placed Millwall entertain 7th place Bristol City in one of those good old-fashioned "six-pointers".

Neil Harris has seen his team enter a superb run of form that could well see them storm into the play-off positions this weekend with a victory here. Undefeated since New Year' Day, the Lions have won 9 and drawn 5 of their last 14 league games. Only Fulham and Cardiff come close to matching that kind of form in this division. The club is now on 62 points and just 1 point off the play-off pace.

At one point this season, it looked like Lee Johnson was going to be given the freedom to the city of Bristol after guiding them to the Carabao Cup Semi-Final and 2nd placed in the Championship. The cup run clearly affected their league form but their recent results have steadied slightly. Just 2 defeats in their last 8 league games has kept them in the hunt but they really need to finish teams off to turn draws into wins.

This will be a tough trip for the Robins. Millwall have lost just 3 of their 20 home league games this season. Combine that with the fact that City have only won 6 of their away games this season and it seems that they face a mountain of a challenge. However, interestingly, Millwall have been held to a draw 7 times at home this season and City have drawn 9 games on the road.

I actually think both teams would take a draw. It would prevent the opposition from breaking away from them and it would also keep them in touch with the top six. Defeat seems damaging to their play-off aspirations but it wouldn't be the end of the world so it might feel like a game where there's nothing to lose. I can't decide on a winner but I slightly fancy Millwall's chances more. Both teams know where the net is so this could be an exciting one.

Millwall to win @ 2.15 with William Hill

BTTS @ 1.95 with BetStars

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Norwich City have conceded 2 goals or more in each of their last 3 matches in Championship.
Millwall have been undefeated in their last 14 matches in Championship.
Middlesbrough have scored in each of their last 8 matches in Championship.
Nottm Forest have failed to score in their last 4 matches in Championship.
Bristol City have failed to win in their last 9 away matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 122 Football Betting Streaks for 07.04.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-07-04-2018-9089

14 hours ago, allyhibs said:

@StevieDay1983

That was some ending to the game last night, I followed you and backed both teams to score. Unbelievable Jeff  :wall

Agree with Millwall. Neil Harris quote after last weeks draw at Ipswich 'We should have scored 7 in the last 10 minutes alone, to not score 1 is criminal '. Could come good today.

Yeah, it was even more frustrating because Anthony Pilkington has taken pens and scored them for us before. He had fresh legs too so no idea why he didn't take them. I understand Gary Madine wanting to get off the mark for the club but to demand the pen then take such a lame effort is poor form. Then for Junior Hoilett to step up for the second instead of Pilkington is mind-boggling. Annoying. Fulham winning today adds pressure but if we win against Aston Villa on Tuesday then we'll forget about this Wolves game. Just really disappointed in us though. Missing Joe Ralls a lot right now.

10 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Yeah, it was even more frustrating because Anthony Pilkington has taken pens and scored them for us before. He had fresh legs too so no idea why he didn't take them. I understand Gary Madine wanting to get off the mark for the club but to demand the pen then take such a lame effort is poor form. Then for Junior Hoilett to step up for the second instead of Pilkington is mind-boggling. Annoying. Fulham winning today adds pressure but if we win against Aston Villa on Tuesday then we'll forget about this Wolves game. Just really disappointed in us though. Missing Joe Ralls a lot right now.

I'm strangely rooting for Cardiff, got no idea why though :loon

7 hours ago, allyhibs said:

I'm strangely rooting for Cardiff, got no idea why though :loon

It's because Neil Warnock is so likeable! :lol

In all fairness, we have a really hard-working and honest squad. I think neutral fans see in our current set of players everything they want in a team. Players that will work for each other, graft until the last second, and show appreciation to the fans. In terms of close affinity between the players and fans, this squad is up there with Malky Mackay's team and Eddie May's team. Probably ahead of that. Credit must go to Warnock for making that happen.

1 hour ago, StevieDay1983 said:

JIt's because Neil Warnock is so likeable! :lol

In all fairness, we have a really hard-working and honest squad. I think neutral fans see in our current set of players everything they want in a team. Players that will work for each other, graft until the last second, and show appreciation to the fans. In terms of close affinity between the players and fans, this squad is up there with Malky Mackay's team and Eddie May's team. Probably ahead of that. Credit must go to Warnock for making that happen.

Just like Neil Lennons' Hibs, the connect between the team and the fans is the best I've ever known

7 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Yeah, Lennon reminds me a lot of Warnock. If my team came up against him I know for a fact I would despise him. However, if he was the manager of my team, I know I'd love his passion and enthusiasm. Do you think you'll finish above Aberdeen, Rangers, or both, @allyhibs?

My heart says we'll win 5 games in a row and come 2nd, we tend to do well against the bigger teams. My head says we'll fall agonisingly short, I have a feeling we'll be 3rd, which I'd be delighted at.