Non-League Predictions > Oct 21st

nationalleagueodds.jpg

nationalnorthodds.jpg

nationalsouthodds.jpg

isthmianodds.jpg

nplodds.jpg

slpodds.jpg

It was a very positive midweek for this section with you guys delivering a number of spot on tips to deliver a nice bit of profit. Great job! Let's look for a repeat performance here! What are we expecting to be the bets to back here then?

Tuesday was a good night with Bishops Stortford landing the 3pt tip and Billericay landing the late tip I put up. I have 6 bets for Saturday, but as I am sure you are aware the weather forecast for Saturday is pretty horrid and not exactly conditions that are good for playing football in. Because of that I am going to stick to minimum stakes although all bets are over 2/1 so any two winners should see us in profit.

Dagenham & Redbridge v Wrexham

Both theses sides got knocked out of the FA Cup with Dagenham having to play a replay against Leyton Orient on Tuesday night. Dagenham's form does concern me a little, they seem to be playing well enough, but are struggling to turn those into victories. Wrexham as we know have been doing superbly well at the back, but struggling to score goals at the other end. Now at home Dagenham have scored 18 in 7 league games and have won 5 of them so they are hard to beat at home, but Wrexham are unbeaten in 10 league games now and I really do think they look a play-off side at the very least. I don't think there is a great deal between these two sides and I just can't understand how Wrexham can be priced up at 71/20 with Marathon, granted its not quite the error in price that they were for the Tranmere match, but it is still an error.

Hartlepool v Sutton
I don't get the prices for this game either. How on earth can Hartlepool be outsiders for it? They are in superb form and confidence is clearly very high at the moment. They negated a very tricky FA Cup tie against South Shields last weekend which means in all competitions they have lost just once in 10 games winning 7 of them. I am still struggling to understand why Sutton are so short in the outright market as I still can't have them winning the title. In the last 10 league games Hartlepool have won 5 more points than Sutton and Hartlepool are the more consistent at the moment. Sutton struggled to beat Paulton (3 steps below them) in the FA Cup last week and this will be a very tricky tie for them. Hartlepool should be favourites so for them to be as big as 54/25 with Marathon is crazy in my view.

Leyton Orient v Macclesfield
Fair play to Macclesfield as I certainly wouldn't have said they would have been the first team to have won 4 games on the bounce this season. They have won 8 of their last 10 league matches and were impressive in seeing off Stourbridge in the FA Cup last weekend. As much as I am not sure they will stay there I certainly think they are worth their place at the top at the moment. As mentioned above Orient beat Dagenham in the Cup on Tuesday night, but they haven't won in 7 league games now and they have lost 5 of them. They are still struggling to keep the goals out and I just can't see how the team at the top can be such big outsiders (131/50 with Marathon).

Brackley v Blyth Spartans
The home sides good start to the season is a bit of a distant memory now as they haven't won in 6 league games now, although they have drawn 4 of them. They lost to Billericay in the FA Cup on Tuesday night, although like I said in the preview for that game they were the underdogs there despite the difference in leagues. They host an in form Blyth side who have won 6 of their last 7 league games. Of course the one time they got beat was when I put them up against Kidderminster, but that was a crazy game which ended 5-4. They did need two injury time goals to beat Stockport last weekend, but they are playing well and certainly have a better chance here than the odds suggest, Marathon are biggest at 14/5.

Darlington v Bradford Park Avenue
The home side are struggling to find a manager and it seems Nuneaton's Tommy Wright turned them down this week and that came after Nuneaton beat them 2-1 last Saturday. It is just 1 win in 10 for the some side now and they desperately need a new manager to come in and steady the ship. BPA have lost just once in their last nine league games which was a disappointing 2-1 defeat at Leamington. That game aside they have been doing very well and it is hard to see why they should be 3/1 (William Hill, Sportingbet and Betfred) to win a game against a side so out of form. 

Southport v Gainsborough Trinity
This is probably the riskiest bet of the week, but I think there is value in backing Trinity. Kevin Davies was announced as the new Southport manager this week and it seems an odd choice. It is his first managerial job and I am not sure that is what they need right now. Also he doesn't strike me as someone who knows this level of football at all. BT Sport have used him as a pundit on their National League coverage and he doesn't strike me as someone who follows non-league closely at all. To be fair to Southport they only lost in injury time to Spennymoor last time, but it was another defeat. Now Trinity had failed to win in 5 league games prior to beating Tamworth and then in the FA Cup they beat Harrogate 2-1 which was a superb effort. They have won just 3 league games all season, but their away from has been much better than their home so that is encouraging. Even if Davies does prove to be a good signing I think it might take him a few weeks to get them going. Bet 365 go 15/4 about an away win and that is worth taking in my view.

Wrexham 1pt @ 71/20 with Marathon
Hartlepool 1pt @ 54/25 with Marathon
Macclesfield 1pt @ 131/50 with Marathon
Blyth Spartans 1pt @ 14/5 with Marathon
Bradford Park Avenue 1pt 3/1 William Hill, Sportingbet and Betfred
Gainsborough Trinity 1pt @ 15/4 Bet365
Edited by Darran

Having watched Macclesfield plenty this season, it continues to amaze how Askey can assemble competitive teams on a shoe string but more impressively play football on the ground.

The two lads signed from Kidderminster at the back - Lowe & Hodgkiss - look solid signings and a vast improvement on McCoombe/Halls who were lost/farmed out to Chester. Alongside George Pilkington it’s the makings of a well drilled back 4.

Knitting a new squad together has already led to some farcical displays at Sutton/Gateshead and home defeats to Woking & Maidstone, but they do seem to have found consistency and unlike previous seasons, where pretty football tends to peter out with a lack of cutting edge, the class technician that is Danny Whitaker has been added to with creative players such as Elliot Durrell (not sure how/why both Wrexham/Chester have let him slip), Danny Whitehead & Koby Arthur.

Big question marks hang over forwards Marsh (Dover) & Wilson (Eastleigh) but time will tell?

Above all else John Askey is an absolute wizard, yet Messrs Waddock, Kinnear, et al tend to get the plaudits.

Resting four at Stourbridge and winning 5-0 shows some strength in depth too.

Interesting times. Sutton 9/2 and Macc 25/1 is confusing? Difficult to be a non league punting expert when so few of us see multiple teams multiple times - although Darran, you have lined my pocket nicely over the last couple of years :-)

Not an expert, but following you guys for a long time.

Keep up the excellent work.

I'm again on goals galore at Gosport game.

They let me down last week after 3 scored in 20 mins, but this time I trust the table topper Kings Lynn not be shy.

over 4,5 @ 2,30

over 5,5 @ 3,80

over 6,5 @ 6,50

Bet Victor, flat stakes.

After a break for me due to the FA Cup and getting some nice profits from Darran thankyou, I can now throw them away with my own tips. 

Chester 3.1 v Boreham Wood - Now, there are usually two sides in this league I stay well clear off and BW are one of them. They continually surprise me, they lose when I think they should win and win, well you get the picture. 
For the third league match running, I am backing Chester. Bignot is continuing to bring in loan signings and with his latest Zanzala who is very highly thought as a Derby young prospect and could net a few in the loan spell. 
Last night (18/10)Chester played a strong Salford City in a friendly with the Deva outfit running out 2 nil winners, obviously nothing riding on the match, but a look see at a potential formation he is going to be playing. 
Boreham Wood do have a good squad, but which team will turn up? One thing that has not necessarily surprised is that they have Holman, I dont think they've nearly played him enough, considering he was what joint top scorer? a couple of seasons ago with Cheltenham
Home win Chester 1pt
==
Ebbsfleet 2.1 v Barrow - Barrow sacked the manager midweek after a disappointing spell, tbh I was surprised Moore even got the job in the first place, after a caretaker role getting a couple of draws they hired him?  After a loss in the Cup v Shaw Lane morale is sure to be pretty on the low side.  
The Fleet are a good side and I reckon they could be in the hunt for a playoff berth, time will tell but winning home matches against sides like Barrow is a must for them if that is the aim. 
Home win 2pts 
==

Must say and I dont ever like to oppose my team, but Maidenhead look a good punt. Dover potentially without two wingbacks, without no real backup, four players on one yellow card from a suspension, no real goalscoring threat. Change in formation Tuesday and we got beat 3 zip. 4.2 on the away looks a gift/ 

for this weekend here is my list:

-Braintree(looking for promotion can surpass this opponent),been consistent

-shaw lane(also another team looking for promotion,ashton hasn''t been good at home)

-east thurrock(best away record in this league,price is good to take a chance)

-weymouth(st ives home is poor,it can take advantage of it)

17 hours ago, Darran said:

Chester were awful against kiddie last week and I just wonder if it will take a bit more time for them to gel. Interestingly they are about to go full time as Bignot wants it asap after the cup debacle 

I can echo that - they were roundly booed by their own fans who were disgusted by such a tepid performance.

It looks like Bignot has a massive job on his hands and, notwithstanding the closed doors friendly in the week, if the home fans start moaning again today, unpredictable Boreham Wood should profit. I've actually gone for a spread bet here with a sell of the time of Boreham Wood's 2nd goal at 76

Glad I kept it to small stakes as I think the weather certainly played a part in the matches this afternoon and when that happens it becomes a bit of a lottery. Still 2 winners mean it was more profit just a shame I didn't back the no goalscorer and 1-0 Wrexham as I did when they played Tranmere because the goal was an OG and it would have meant the jackpot!