** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Non-League Predictions > Oct 7th

doverwhite

Tranmere v Chester 13/2 at the time of placing the bet, Now 8/1. Obviously this is a high risk gamble and you bet at your own peril, but surely Chester have a chance here against a somewhat misfiring/inconsitent Tranmere haven't they? Sure if you look at the table, recent results, form of Chester etc I guess Tranny would be the team to take on board, but one of three results can happen in any match.  Now, Chester got beat Tuesday 2 zip at home but reading the Devachat forum it doesnt tell the whole story, if you believe it. 1st half Woking have one chance all half and score, Chester have a few half chances. 2nd half Chester hit the post a couple of times and then the Cards get a 'against the run of play' second following a awful back pass. Now rewind to where I wrote the 2nd half Chester bit, (and please humour me here) if those two chances had gone in,  its quite possible Bignots team could of gone on and got a win against an inform Woking side, but then again maybe not. Of course thats all speculation, but the point is here they are damn well improving as an attacking unit, which is something they haven't all season thus far. 
Now Tranmere are quite capable of winning this by a handsome margin or losing one nil and a risky 0.5pt says Chester will win. As I say, punt at your peril.
-- 
Torquay 13/5 v Dover As I've mentioned in a previous thread I've been following Torquays forum closely, again this is another highly risky punt considering Torquays form all season, but as a supporter of the away side here its been worrying me immensely. Why? Well, I am a  believer of style v style, Torquay by Owers own admission following an emphatic 4 nil win v Maidenhead are/wants to be an attacking side,  contrast that to Dovers man marking, all over the pitch/very direct counter attacking 3-5-2 style and you an intriguing encounter in store. Read interviews of managers which have lost v Dover and they will generally say Dover are and ugly side but get results. To my mind Dover (and it pains me to say it) are in a false position in the league. Torquays forum three or so weeks ago was a place of hopelessness, and now a position of light at the end of the tunnel, if Torquay get a goal start they'll win. 0.5 Home win. 
--
Maidenhead v Aldershot 11/8, surely safety bets are the way to go, arent they? I was surprised on Sunday when I saw the Shots at this price and backed them straight away, This league is driving me nuts, any team can beat another it seems, well I am not so sure in this encounter, I do fancy Aldershot heavily, I am wondering whether Devonshire has the wherewithall and squad to beat a very fancied (to my mind) side, of course he has, but coming to terms with the loss of being without a prolific goalscorer is a major problem. Shots havent travelled well so far this term, but I think against Maidenhead they have a very decent chance v a very near neighbour. 2 pts & NAP

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to Non-League Predictions > Oct 7th

nationalleagueoods.jpg

nationalleaguenorth.jpg

nationalleaguesouth.jpg

nplodds.jpg

isthmianodds.jpg

splodds.jpg

Here are the odds for the weekend's games guys! It's National Non-League Day so hopefully some of you are out and about at the games this weekend? Interested to see how Merthyr Town respond after that unexpected 7-2 drubbing away to Shortwood United in midweek. Very disappointing result.

Saturday sees the annual Non-League Day where people who support Premier League and Championship sides are encouraged to go and support their local Non-League club. Sadly I am working so won't be able to make it to a game myself, but if you are free then I do encourage you to go and watch a live game.

Right onto this weekends bets and after a couple of losing sessions hopefully I can find some profit this weekend. I don't think this has ever happened before but I have 1 bet from every single Step 1 to Step 3 league making for 6 bets.

Wrexham v Eastleigh

It looks another tricky National League fixture list and am only getting involved in this game. BT Sport have chosen to show this game on Saturday tea time and it should be an interesting encounter. I have written about Wrexham's lack of goals before and it continued again on Tuesday night as they drew 0-0 with Halifax. That means they have scored just 11 goals in their 14 games so far. Defensively they are still strong though having conceded just 7 times. Eastleigh aren't exactly prolific either having scored 13 in 13, but again defensively they have been fairly solid conceding just 12. It was a little disappointing they lost at Boreham Wood on Tuesday, but that was only their 2nd loss in 9 matches. Now clearly the stats point to a low scoring affair and I think that will happen, but the bet for me has to be the draw. Wrexham have now drawn 5 of their last 6 games and Eastliegh have drawn 5 of their last 8. I don't tip the draw up often, but at 12/5 with bwin or Sportingbet it has to be the bet. Also worth chucking a few quid on the no goalscorer option at 9/1 with Ladbrokes and Coral.

Darlington v Stockport
Things are not good at Darlington at the moment. First they lose their manager to York and then they lose their caretaker managers without them playing a game. They have been in poor form on the pitch as well having won just once in their last 10 games. Now Stockport are summed up by their form figures of won 5 drawn 2 and lost 5. They are very inconsistent and blew a 3 goal lead in the FA Cup last weekend before losing the replay. Their league away form is shocking as all 5 of those loses have come on the road and they have won just once. Usually that would be enough to put me off, but Darlington could be there for the taking and hopefully Stockport can punish them. I certainly think that at 51/25 with Marathon they are worth backing.

Hemel Hempstead v Weston-Super-Mare
Now Hemel were one of my ante-post tips for this league and I still think they will be in the promotion picture, but I am taking them on this weekend with Weston. Hemel have a massive injury list at the moment and lost their last league game 5-1 to Chippenham. Last Saturday they lost 3-0 to Bath in the FA Cup although the last 2 goals came in injury time at the end of the game. I don't like blindly tipping a team just based on an injury crisis and I want extra reasons for opposing a team. Weston are in decent form at the moment and are unbeaten in 4 league games winning 2 and drawing 2. That includes a point against 6th placed Chelmsford and they beat 5th place Dartford 3-0 last time out. Now they have yet to win away having drawn 3 and lost 3, but they are clearly in decent nick at the moment and I think Marathon's 67/25 is too big about an away win.

Dulwich v Needham Market
Now Dulwich caused a bit of a fuss in the week when they came out and said they don't want to take money from any company related to betting. This came to prominence after the league's fair play awards are to be sponsored by a tipping website. I personally think it is a shame that a club feels a need to preach about these things especially as the people who are anti gambling don't really understand the issues and that there are plenty of us who enjoy a bet, bet sensibly and can make money from it. They will probably hate the fact I am tipping them up this weekend especially as one fan told me that he didn't want people to get into Non-League football via betting on it! Dulwich look set to be in the play-offs at the very least again this season and have lost just 2 league games to Billericay and Hendon. I was at the Hendon match and they totally dominated the game only to lose to a wonder goal by Hendon with what was the last kick of the game. They should really have too much for a Needham side who have won just 3 games all season and just 1 of those has come in their last 6 games. Dulwich should be odds on so Betfred's 23/20 makes a lot of appeal.

Slough v Biggleswade
Slough beat Dulwich in the FA Cup last month and they progressed to the 4th Qualifying Round last week when beating Poole. That of course was a minor shock, but in many ways it wasn't the biggest surprise given how those teams have fared so far this term. Slough have won 7 and lost 2 of their 9 league games. The first of those was on the opening day of the season against Kettering who are top at the moment, and the other was to a resurgent St Neots recently. They have scored a huge 29 goals in those 9 games and they should be capable of beating Biggleswade. Now the away side are having a good season and are only a couple of points behind their hosts. Their away form has been a bit suspect though and you may remember I opposed them last week when they were away at Kings Lynn and they duly lost 3-0. Slough are 5/4 with Marathon and I would make them a shade of odds on myself.

Hednesford v Witton
The away side might be a point above their hosts in the table, but I think they will be two points behind them come 5pm on Saturday. Hednesford have certainly improved since Rob Smith has come back as manager and he has been aggressive with his signings. They have won their last two and although they conceded 8 in the two games prior to that it was mainly after them that Rob set about improving the squad. Witton seem to be in real trouble at the moment having lost their last 4 games and their last 3 games on the road. BetVictor are biggest at 11/8 for the home win.

Wrexham v Eastleigh 1pt Draw @ 12/5 with Sportingbet/bwin No goalscorer 0/5pts at 9/1 with Ladbrokes/Coral

Stockport 1pt @ 51/25 with Marathon

Weston-Super-Mare 1pt @ 67/25 with Marathon

Dulwich Hamlet 2.5ps @ 23/20 with Betfred

Slough 2pts @ 5/4 with Marathon

Hednesford 1pt at 11/8 with BetVictor

19 hours ago, Darran said:

Interesting you think Dover are in a false position. A Dover fan on Twitter is adamant that this seasons team plus Miller would have won the league last season. That's a huge claim and one I just can't agree with.

Ifs, buts and maybes. 

Edited by doverwhite
Just a complete lack of understanding of how to post posts

Tricky fixtures this weekend but I do fancy some teams:ashton utd(can overcome this opponent,not so consistent team),coalville(no big difference between these 2,price generous),grantham(home form is good and rival is not so strong),leatherhead(away team form is poor)

Altrincham  - Rushall - Altrincham to win  Premier league North

Salford v Leamington –  Salford to win National League North

Truro v Hampton and Richmond –  Truro DNB National League South

Wealdstone v Whitehawk – Wealdstone  National League South

total odds @4,24

2 hours ago, buga00 said:

Altrincham  - Rushall - Altrincham to win  Premier league North

Salford v Leamington –  Salford to win National League North

Truro v Hampton and Richmond –  Truro DNB National League South

Wealdstone v Whitehawk – Wealdstone  National League South

total odds @4,24

Altrincham  - Rushall     4-0