** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Ligue 1 & 2 Predictions > Sep 8th - 11th

ligue1ratings.jpg

ligue2ratings.jpg

There is a bit of a gap until the next batch of Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 matches due to the international break. So plenty to discuss. What do you think guys?

@DrO@Icongene, @Pep004, @Pipoca, @FCNA, @betcatalog, @KingSoccertips, @michaelwinsall, @rangers234, @DrBetter, @sajtion, @KikoCy, @Tanktop, @zemo91, @hairline, @mrclubbie, @clubgowi, @neilovan, @sodabrab @WinningAdvice, @arvee, and @Lisandri.

Transfer window is closed and Ligue 1 lost some great players. Anyway, thanks to PSG from this season on, Ligue 1 will have one of the best players in the world - Brazilian magician Neymar. After a magnificent season of Monaco it was pretty clear that European giants will attack them from all sides. It's true that they lost some important players, but they invested in future with smart signings and we can expect them fighting for highest places again. Plenty of changes happened in Nice, Bordeaux, Rennes and especially in Lille, where Bielsa started his "era" with bringing in several hot prospects. Another team who earned a lot during this transfer window is Lyon, who invested in future as well. Opposite happened in Marseille as they added some experienced players. Some eyebrows were raised about transfer activity in Nantes, Montpellier and Metz.

Big spenders! PSG, Monaco, Lyon, Marseille, Lille.
- Neymar who has joined PSG this summer is most expensive footballer in history. Of course Neymar wasn't the only new superstar in the team. Besides full backs Yuri Berchiche and experienced Dani Alves, PSG loaned Kylian Mbappe from Monaco. All in all 238 million euros!
- As mentioned, Monaco lost few important players but they spent more than 100 millions for Yuri Tielemans (Anderlecht), Stevan Jovetić (Inter Milan), Keita Balde (Lazio), Adama Diakhaby (Rennes), Kongolo (Feyenoord) and Meité (Zulte Waregem). 
- Lyon invested in future as well. Except experienced target man Marcelo (Besiktas), they bought young promising players as Bertrand Traore (Chelsea), Mariano Diaz (Real Madrid), Kenny Tete (Ajax), Marçal (Guingamp), Ferland Mendy (Le Havre) and Diop (Celta Vigo) and spent 48,5 million euros.
- Marseille's plans were slightly different as they added experienced players as Luiz Gustavo (Wolfsburg), Adil Rami (Sevilla), Valere Germain (Monaco), Kostas Mitroglou (Benfica), Steve Mandanda (Crystal Palace), Aymen Abdennour (Valencia), while one and only little bit younger player is Jordan Amavi (Aston Villa). All together they spent 42 million euros.
- Lille spent 58 million euros for bunch of young talents! 

New projects...
- First of all we need to mention Lille here. With several hot prospects in the team Bielsa will try to do his magic, but as competition is pretty high this season, his job will be far from easy. For promising players as Thiago Maia (Santos), Nicolas Pepe (Angers), Kevin Malcuit (Saint-Etienne), Thiago Mendes and Luiz Araujo (Sao Paulo) Lille needed to pay more than 50 million euros. All in all they added no less than 13 players to the group! 
- We have plenty of new faces in Nice as well. After they lost some key players, they tried to replaced them and most known player who joined the team is Wesley Sneijder (Galatasaray). 
- We can be sure that Oscar Garcia will try to change defensive minded Saint-Etienne and players who joined them: Assane Diousse (Empoli), Loïs Diony (Dijon), Remy Cabella (Marseille) are suitable for his way of football. 
- Bordeuax started new season with high hopes as they brought Benoit Costill (Rennes), Cafu (Ludogorets), Lerager (Zulte Waregem), De Preville (Lille). Even though the most important news for the club was that Brazilian talent Malcom stayed in the club.
- After departure of Conceiçao, Nantes agreed with experienced Claudio Ranieri, but as it seems new coach isn't really happy with the way how the transfer window ended. They added some players to the squad as Ciprian Tatarusanu (Fiorentina), El Ghannasy (Oostende), Rene Krhin (Granada), Nicolas Pallois (Bordeaux), Andrei Girotto (Chapecoense), Kalifa Coulibaly (KAA Gent), Joris Kayembe and Chidozie Awaziem (Porto), but main problem stays in attack. Who can be a quality goalscorer of this team?
- Team who had a pretty decent transfer window is Toulouse. Finalising the deal with Corentin Jean (Monaco) and adding Yaya Sanogo (Arsenal) and experienced Giannelli Imbula (Stoke) and Max-Alain Gradel (Bournemouth).
- Of course we need to add Lyon here, as they have started this season with bunch of new players in first eleven and PSG as well as they brought a new key player to the team.

Ligue 1 will miss bunch of quality players...
As mention on start, some clubs had decent seasons and their key players weren't unnoticed. Biggest fear was in the team of Monaco, where big European clubs were aiming on players as Bernardo Silva, Benjamin Mendy, Timoue Bakayoko, Kylian Mbappe, Djibril Sidibe, Thomas Lemar, Fabinho,... Even though it looked that they will loose all of them, they lost "only four of them". Benjamin Mendy (57,5 million euros) and Bernardo Silva (50 million euros) signed for Manchester City; Timoue Bakayoko (45 million euros) for Chelsea, while Mbappe has been loaned to PSG with future fee which might go till 180 million euros! Lyon lost their key players Alexandre Lacazette (60 million euros to Arsenal) and Corentin Tolisso (41,5 million euros to Bayern) and little bit surprisingly Emanuel Mammana (16,5 million euros to Zenith) as well. Besides that I can stress also transfers of Aurier (from PSG to Tottenham for 25M), Matuidi (from PSG to Juventus for 20M), Dalbert (from Nice to Inter for 20M), Karamoh (from Caen to Inter for 6M), Boudebouz (from Montpellier to Betis for 7M), Ounas (from Bordeaux to Napoli for 10M), Augustin (from PSG to Leipzig for 13M), and several others...

Whole article here: http://www.fa-p.eu/2017/09/summer-trans ... gue-1.html

On 9/3/2017 at 11:48 AM, Pep004 said:

I agree @Icongene.. but can you see anything positive in Montpellier? The team who lost two key players Boudebouz and Mounie? I think that Montpellier is one of few teams which is in even worse position than Nantes. :) 

True Pep.

They are rather average themselves and Boudabouz was their main creator.

Still think they can sneak a 1 goal win.

Over 2.5 Nice V Monaco @ 1.73

Monaco are on fire at the moment their attacking prowess from set-pieces, crosses and corners on show again in demolition against Marseille. Nice poor at defending set pieces this season and have been exposed. Monaco will expose this weakness. In saying that expect a fightback from Nice and Monaco's central defence will be got at this season. I  can see goals in this one and think there is some value on over 2.5 line at above price.

Edited by sodabrab

2 for today.

St Etienne -0.5 v Angers, whilst Angers are scoring I really don't rate their attack they are a hard working team and well drilled by their manager. I like St Etienne out wide both left and right and Angers are weak there. I expect Angers to battle hard but can see St Etienne taking the spoils with hamouma playing a leading role. Value to be had @ 2.16

Over 2.5 Marseille V Rennes. I'm backing Marseille to bounce back but I also like Rennes attacking threat I really rate them and they will cause some problems. Overall I like goals and see some value at @1.81