Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StevieDay1983

Easter Fixtures > Apr 17th & 18th

30 posts in this topic

On 16/04/2017, 23:12:09, Tiffy said:

I am expecting Brighton to beat Wigan tmrw & seal promotion. They will need to get something as they are fighting relegation, but we should be too strong for them.

After Newcastle. Slipped up on Friday, I expect them to take the game to Ipswich. The corner count against Leeds was 19-0. I reckon Newcastle could easily cover the handicap here. 

Yep, we were too strong for them. They offered little in the final 3rd, although a late goal meant a nervy last 5 minutes. We also had 2 ruled out for offside, so it felt like we should have won by more. Anyway, we now have a massive chance to win the title on Friday, and to be honest I think that we will! I did post a few weeks ago and say that Newcastle are heading for a wobble, and they are positively wibbly wobbling into the play offs! Come on 'Udders', come and join us at their expense.

Newcastle did manage to win the corner count though 2-7, so covered the -1 handicap at 1.85

I have just spoken to a Newcastle fan, who has been on the forums this morning, and apparently all is not well with Benitez. Seems like he will be off at the end of the season whatever happens. Personally, I think he he may have been tapped up by someone already. It will all add up to an intersting end of season.

PS- Yes that was me on the pitch after the game! Greatest thing of all, my 19year old son said it was the best day of his life. Although, on Friday,he is off to Carrow Rd, so it could be another greatest day for him. 

On 17/04/2017, 10:57:51, CloughandTaylor said:

Hooters unfortunately is a magnet for twats on both sides, next time find the Navigation Inn on Meadow Lane turning left as you walk along the canal on London Road.

Twats will not go anywhere near a pub that is full of real ale drinkers, and would not be able to cope with a few pints of the local brews either.

Let me know if you are about in the future and there will be a decent beer waiting.

If you guys stay up this season definitely heading up next season so will give you a buzz. Congratulations to @Tiffy as well! You boys deserve it! A club going places for sure.

CloughandTaylor likes this

Thanks @StevieDay1983 & to everyone for the nice comments.

i can't believe we are 3/1 to win on Friday. The players had a night out on Monday  with the fans, & are really pumped up to win the title on Friday. Looks a no brainier for me. There will be a massive party in the away end. The club have paid for free coach travel & drinks & pies at the ground. Nice touch that.

Also Newcastle to cover the corner handicap again. They have to try and win to keep Huddersfield at bay. Their corner count in the last 2  games is 26-2. The crowd will be urging them on to finish 2nd (he hopes) but they lack goals, so perhaps Preston can exploit that?

NEWCASTLE

-3 CORNERS 2.1

-2 CORNERS 1.7

BRIGHTON

TO WIN  2.7

BRIGHTON X2 1.57

BRIGHTON HT/FT 4.5

StevieDay1983 likes this