** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Wimbledon 2013

Re: Wimbledon 2013 3pts J.Jankovic/L.Baroni to beat S.Hseih/S.Peng 1.83 Bet365 I think Jankovic/Baroni will be the pairing to move forward here. This year they have been fairly successful on the clay winning 6 and losing 4 and since moving to the grass for Wimbledon they have looked quite impressive. Early rounds they beat Chan/Garrigues in 3 sets and then Flipkens/Rybarikova but most impressive was the last round (perhaps since both are out of Wimbledon singles now?) where they beat Makarova/Vesnina 6-3 6-2. That's a hell of a feat, beating a pairing that they lost against only a week previous in straight sets. In my opinion Hseih/Peng haven't beaten anyone of any substance yet. Firstly Dushevina/Pano and then Gacon/Hrdinova and finally in the last round Jurak/Tanasugarn and none of these players are anything special for me. Especially on the grass. They will need to improve to match Janko/Baroni that's for sure. They served pretty rubbish in their last game and they faced 8 break points, and got broke 4 times. Players like Jankovic and Baroni will surely take advantage of this. We shall see.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ferrer has beaten Del Potro in their last four matches, including one here last year. Both men are carrying injuries. Both men haven't played their best. I think the odds of 1.65 on Ferrer are about right and personally I see no edge at all for the punter in any market in this match. Nightmare tie.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Back N.Djokovic/T.Berdych - Over 3.5 sets for a 4/10 stake at 2.00 with Bet365 I can't really see Berdych winning this, but, at the same time, I think that he has enough quality to take a set off the world's number one. I have seen plenty of their recent matches and Berdych has been fairly competitive in virtually all of them, so this looks like a good bet at evens in all fairness. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/djokovic-vs-berdych-betting-tomas-berdych-can-take-a-set-off-the-world-s-number-one-20130703 Back J.Janowicz/L.Kubot - Over 3.5 sets for a 4/10 stake at 1.83 with Paddy Power A surprising quarter-final to say the least, but there you go. Both can serve big and both can have lapses in concentration, which should be enough for this bet to go through, especially since there is a good chance that there are going to be some nerves involved given the occasion. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kubot-vs-janowicz-betting-jerzy-janowicz-might-be-in-for-a-tough-ride-against-lukasz-kubot-20130703 Back A.Murray/F.Verdasco - Over 3.5 sets for a 4/10 stake at 2.37 with Bet365 Verdasco has been playing some outstanding stuff in recent days and, although this will be a massive step up in terms of quality, I can see him doing something against Murray in that sort of form. Murray has not really been tested yet, so it will be interesting to see how well is he going to cope with everything - and you simply cannot rule out a blip or two for him in this match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/verdasco-vs-murray-betting-the-in-form-spaniard-has-what-it-takes-to-trouble-the-local-hero-on-wednesday-20130703

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Andy Murray vs Fernando Verdasco Wimbledon Quarter Finals Tie Breaks 2 or more @5.5 William Hill(2/10) Not much value around so gonna take this as my one bet of the day,small stakes.Both are serving really well & can't see two many breaks going on in todays match.Defiantely a bit of value as the bookies dont rate FV chances atall vs AM but I can see a close 3 or 4 sets. Good Luck all :hope

Re: Wimbledon 2013

Back N.Djokovic/T.Berdych - Over 3.5 sets for a 4/10 stake at 2.00 with Bet365 I can't really see Berdych winning this, but, at the same time, I think that he has enough quality to take a set off the world's number one. I have seen plenty of their recent matches and Berdych has been fairly competitive in virtually all of them, so this looks like a good bet at evens in all fairness. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/djokovic-vs-berdych-betting-tomas-berdych-can-take-a-set-off-the-world-s-number-one-20130703 Back J.Janowicz/L.Kubot - Over 3.5 sets for a 4/10 stake at 1.83 with Paddy Power A surprising quarter-final to say the least, but there you go. Both can serve big and both can have lapses in concentration, which should be enough for this bet to go through, especially since there is a good chance that there are going to be some nerves involved given the occasion. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kubot-vs-janowicz-betting-jerzy-janowicz-might-be-in-for-a-tough-ride-against-lukasz-kubot-20130703 Back A.Murray/F.Verdasco - Over 3.5 sets for a 4/10 stake at 2.37 with Bet365 Verdasco has been playing some outstanding stuff in recent days and, although this will be a massive step up in terms of quality, I can see him doing something against Murray in that sort of form. Murray has not really been tested yet, so it will be interesting to see how well is he going to cope with everything - and you simply cannot rule out a blip or two for him in this match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/verdasco-vs-murray-betting-the-in-form-spaniard-has-what-it-takes-to-trouble-the-local-hero-on-wednesday-20130703
I think betting on Djokovic, Murray or Janowicz to lose a set is risky, let alone all three! I'd rather be on the 3-0 bets to be honest. We'll see how it pans out though.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Lisicki vs Radwanska over 21.5 games 4/5 paddy power Lisicki over 12.5 games 11/10 paddy power Lisicki over 5.5 aces 4/5 paddy power Lisicki to win 2-1 set betting 3/1 paddy power this should be the best match of the tournament two players at the top of their game both desperate to a first grand slam title but for the matches i have seen i think lisicki will win because of her power game also she can save break points with her serve

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Back Marion Bartoli to beat Kirsten Flipkens for a 4/10 stake at 1.70 with Pinnacle Just one for me today, but I feel that Bartoli should be too strong for Flipkens in this one. The Belgian has done extremely well to get here, but Bartoli will make less errors than Kvitova and that should mean that Flipkens will struggle to cope with everything, plain and simple. It might not be easy at the end of the day, but Bartoli should walk away as the winner from the first match of the day. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bartoli-vs-flipkens-betting-marion-bartoli-should-be-too-strong-for-the-experienced-belgian-20130704

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Very little value this far into a tournament so going for both scores : 2pts M.Bartoli to win 2-0 2.62 Bet365 Bartoli not dropped a set yet and for Flipkens has been rather lucky to get into the final 4 here. She will find a whole different proposition in Bartoli and I think Bartoli in two. 2pts S.Lisicki to win 2-1 3.50 Bet365 Again lisicki been excellent at Wimbledon. Radwanska though a different threat and Id fancy her to get a set atleast here and push Lisicki. 2-1 Lisicki seems a good shout so I'll go with that.

Lisicki vs Radwanska over 21.5 games 4/5 paddy power Lisicki over 12.5 games 11/10 paddy power Lisicki over 5.5 aces 4/5 paddy power Lisicki to win 2-1 set betting 3/1 paddy power this should be the best match of the tournament two players at the top of their game both desperate to a first grand slam title but for the matches i have seen i think lisicki will win because of her power game also she can save break points with her serve
been great day for me and i hope everyone else

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Special semi double Murray and Djokovic both to win 3-1 14/1 skybet Janowitz to win first service game 40-0 3-1 paddy power also in the same match over 10.5 games in the first set 11/10 paddy power i saw this bet and i think it there is a good chance of this happening their opponents are tough and i expect that one of them will lose at least one set

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Back Andy Murray (-5.5) to beat Jerzy Janowicz for a 4/10 stake at 1.92 with Pinnacle Can't see past Murray here, I really can't. He was not great against Verdasco, but Janowicz seemed even worse against Kubot and, in all fairness, he could - and probably should - have dropped a set or two against his compatriot in the previous round. His serve should come under even more pressure against Murray - and I can certainly see him getting broken often enough for this line to get covered. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/murray-vs-janowicz-betting-andy-murray-should-be-able-to-bounce-back-with-a-convincing-victory-20130704 Back Juan Martin del Potro (+2.5 sets) to beat Novak Djokovic for a 4/10 stake at 1.87 with Pinnacle Juan Martin del Potro has done nothing wrong so far in this tournament and his injury did not really seem to limit him that much against Ferrer, so I think that he will be able to take a set off the world's number one today. After all, he hasn't been the easiest of match-ups for the Serb in recent months and years - and he certainly has the firepower to get past his defenses on a grass court. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/del-potro-vs-djokovic-betting-juan-martin-del-potro-has-what-it-takes-to-trouble-the-world-s-number-one-20130704

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Don't forget that Del Potro won the bronze medal here last here, against Djokovic, and after a very hard semi - final against Roger Federer... Can't see him winning, but Czech's bet for their games looks a possible back for me, can really see Del Potro snatching a set.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Anyone looking for a cast-iron banker (or arb it with Paddy's 9/2 for Murray) Janowicz to hit Most Double Faults @1/3 Ladbrokes or for those who prefer bigger prices Janowicz/Murray Total Double Faults Over 7.5 @ 5/6 Ladbrokes I make the expected number around 9 with most coming from Janowicz, Murray just a few at most. The 1/3 is really way too big.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Like yesterday I don't really see too much value so I'm going : 2pts A.Murray to win 3-1 3.50 Bet365 1pt J.Janowicz to win the 1st set and lose 5.50 Bet365 I think Murray can lose his concentration in matches still and until he is at the point where he is on the brink he won't play his best tennis. He is going to be alittle tired here and I think with the big serve of Jano he could lose the first set and see him coming back 3-1. Id be surprised if Jano got 2 sets here.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 1.69pts J.vesely to beat F.Krajinovic 2-1 4.00 Bet365 Just going to have a little gamble on this. Vesely is the up and coming star of the clay for me. He has won around 90% of the clay matches he has played this year and has won 7 out of his last 8. However, his mind wanders and so many times I've seen 6-2 / 2-6 / 6-2 or something equally as silly. In the 7 of the matches he has won this year, 4 have been 2-1. Added to that Krajinovic beat him on the clay just last year and this is a semi-final. I do see Vesely winning but 3/1 on 2-1 seems a nice bit of value.

Don't want to sound like a 'after event' punter here but I took Lisicki at 66/1 earlier in the Tournament' date=' she now appears to be favourite to win it so naturally i'm quite excited :p[/quote'] She was 180 on betfair at the start.... Sabine loves wimbledon, and she has possibly had the hardest draw out of the females, not sure if I should collect now, as her opponent is one of they types that could fcuk me up. Wimbledon could do with Lisicki taking this final, and most importantly myself, as I have backed her the last few years.

Very little value this far into a tournament so going for both scores : 2pts M.Bartoli to win 2-0 2.62 Bet365 Bartoli not dropped a set yet and for Flipkens has been rather lucky to get into the final 4 here. She will find a whole different proposition in Bartoli and I think Bartoli in two. 2pts S.Lisicki to win 2-1 3.50 Bet365 Again lisicki been excellent at Wimbledon. Radwanska though a different threat and Id fancy her to get a set atleast here and push Lisicki. 2-1 Lisicki seems a good shout so I'll go with that. 2pts A.Murray to win 3-1 3.50 >Bet365 1pt J.Janowicz to win the 1st set and lose 5.50 >Bet365 I think Murray can lose his concentration in matches still and until he is at the point where he is on the brink he won't play his best tennis. He is going to be alittle tired here and I think with the big serve of Jano he could lose the first set and see him coming back 3-1. Id be surprised if Jano got 2 sets here.
:ok shame Vesely couldn't of made it a full house winning 2-0, instead of 2-1.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 and what about bartoli/lisiski today dear? i never trust any woman in tennis, and i see as funny the odd on german can clown bartoli steal the victory? Apart from service, an area where the clown suffers heavily, in all other areas i think bartoli is stronger wait to see opinions

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Bartoli is super strong going side to side (in the expected direcion) on the baseline. I feel she's vulnerable to the wrong footing ball behind her, or being pulled in to net. The serve while unusual isn't that bad. I feel Bartoli is mentally tougher. I've taken (all PP): 3 sets @ 5/4 >8.5 total DFs @ EV >8.5 total aces @ EV I agree with the newspaper this game is a refreshing change from the usual grunting balsters.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Hi all for me today im gone take Bartoli , i think the odds on her are very high, especially when we know she play good tennis in this tournament. Tthis is the surface where she is more comfortable i think, plus she dont concede a set at this time I find insane value odds (for me) on +1.5set @1.73 at betcity 7/10u Bartoli is very close to win that Wimbly (a big chance for her career), she can take a revenge on last H2H in Wimbledon 2011 (Lisicki 3-0 Bartoli) Good Luck All (France Women in soccer @1.33 look a good price too):spank

Re: Wimbledon 2013 2pts M.Bartoli to win 2-1 6.00 Bet365 1pt S.Lisicki to win the first set AND lose match 9.00 Bet365 I fancy Bartoli here. The whole world will be on Lisicki she is easily more likeable but I really think Bartoli brings experience and guile and although Lisicki is a fighter, Bartoli is a warrior and if she can return the serves like she has been doing I think she will do better on the ground strokes. 2-1 either way for me but I'll go with the value.

M.bartoli vs S.Lisicki. Over 2.5 sets @ 2.37 bet365. Bartoli cruised through to the final with an easy win in just over an hour i fancy her to win but safer option for me is taking 3 sets as i can just as likely see Lisicki taking it in 3, ill be suprised if it ends 2-0 to either player.