** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Wimbledon 2013

Re: Wimbledon 2013 F.Verdasco -5.5 games [to beat De Schepper] 3.55pts @ 1.72 >Bet365I back De Schepper in the previous round because I thought that Monaco would have troubles with the serve and volley of De Schepper but Verdasco should be able to cope with it here and I feel that is all De Schepper really has to his game. Verdasco in 3/4 so the handicap should be enough. Will leave the other games alone I think. I like the look of Dodig and Kanepi but I'll stick to one bet today. I also have Haas to win the quarter so I'll leave that game too.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Wimbledon 2013 ok. too lateto put up Janowicz, Verdasco, Kubot and Flipkens as I would have suggested an accum so here goes. Williams vs Lisicki Total games under 18.5 games 4/5 Ladbrokes Lisicki has a good serve and strikes the ball very well however Williams moves better, has a better serve and groundies. I am going against the opinions of many and think it will be a comfortable win for Williams as for her right now the tournament begins. I think she will take her level up a notch and I see Lisicki winning 5 games maximum. 10 points win Total games under 18.5 4/5 Ladbrokes. Others to consider today: Bartoli, Radwansksa, Ferrer, Stephens and Kvitova. Bertoli should outclass Knapp and is better on grass anyway. Kvitova has a 4-1 H2H with Suarez Navarro and hits a weightier ball Radwanska should be too consistant for Pironkova. Ferrer if healthy should find Dodig the perfect target at the net. Stephens is better and more experienced than Puig on grass. Flipkens beat Panetta easily in the end at the french and Panetta looked exhausted against Cornet. Flipkens is good on grass too. Janowicz should overpower Melzer. Verdasco will win easily against de Schepper - he is in a different league to him on grass anyway I think and has looked impressive here. Kubot had a good win over Paire and should beat Manarino who beat Anduhar and a below power Brown. Good Luck!

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Sorry I didn't get a chance to post my bets properly today. Actually I was glad to see Williams go out. At least there will be some rallies now. I did 2 accums: Flipkens, Verdasco, Kubot and Janowicz and Janowicz, Kubot, Kvitova, Ferrer, Stephens, Bartoli and Radwanska. Still waiting on Radwanska. They were mad bets really but I thought it was that kind of day. Tomic might beat Berdych as Berdych does not like big servers and if I were to call that match I would say Tomic. Berdych gets very nervous if the match is close. If Tomic serves well I think he will win but I'm finished for the day.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Agnieszka Radwanska vs Li Na over 2.5 sets 5/4 paddy power this is set up to be a classic because there is not much difference between the players it is who will hold their nerve and Radwanska has also had a tough match where her opponent has had an easy match so her opponent is playing bit better than her

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Agneszia Radwanska to win the Championship 6/1 Most firms. Just about the best player left in the tournament for me. Tomorrow she faces LI NA, LI has never progressed further than the 1/4's. on grass.., ,You may say AR has a weak serve, but she is far better at the volley, drop shot, and a all round thinking game, with no big boom serve left in the tourney, she can go 1 better than last year. they are 1-1 in match ups this year, but on grass, AR should take this, and be less than half the odds tomorrow afternoon.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 An excellent day today means that I will finish with a huge profit (whatever else happens) for Wimbledon although my posts don't fully reflect it. I will try to win ugly for the rest of the week. Here are my predictions for the mens and womens quarter finals: Lisicki vs Kanepi Kanepi, apart from her first match has played well. She has a good serve and her groundstrokes pack a punch. This is her 2nd Wimbledon quarter final appearance. She withstood crowd pressure to see off Robson today. Lisicki has a great record here and found a way to deal with the topspin of Stosur and the heavy hitting of Williams. If she is on I expect her to overpower Kanepi and for Kanepi to make a lot of errors. She should win 2-0 Evs Stan James. I am going to play safe and just predict the outright win 2/5 Stan James Li vs Radwanska Radwanska leads the H2H 6-4 and I was disappointed to see her lose to Li in Australia. This one is quite hard to predict. I have been impressed by Radwanska both against Keys and Pironkova and on both occasions she found a way to win and was well on top at the end. Li almost lost to Zakopolova but hit through Vinci in the 4th round. There are 2 scenarios here: The first is that Li doesnt miss and hits Radwanska off the court. The second is that Li makes her usual string of errors and Radwanska capitalises. The first set will be crucial as only one out of their 10 matches has gone to 3 sets. I think the more consistent play of Radwanska will win the day here as her ability to keep getting one more ball back will cause Li a lot of frustration eventually leading to her game breaking down. Radwanska to win 5/4 Paddy Power Kvitova vs Flipkens The H2H reads 2-1 to Kvitova with Flipkens winning the last one this year on hard courts. Flipkens has played a lot of tennis recently and made a lot of errors in the first set against Panetta. Kvitova has a far heavier game but recently has mad a lot of errors. She has however played well here when she has needed to. This match is up to Kvitova who wins this match and I expect her to win 2-0 /65 William Hill. However I will play it safe again and just go for the win 4/9 Paddy Power Stephens vs Bartoli The H2H is 1-0 to Bartoli on hard courts last year in New Haven. Both these players can make a lot of errors but the one with the greatest potential is Stephens. She has gone off a little like Kvitova in her matches but when she needed to, she won. She won 3 tight matches against Petkovic, Cetkovsha and Puig. Bartoli has had a much easier draw and has made the most of it. Stephens is a step up for her here and I expect the more varied game to Stephens to prevail but only with minimum confidence. Stephens to win Evs Bet365 Djokovic vs Berdych The H2H reads 13-2 to Djokovic but one of Berdych's wins came here in 2010 when Berdych won in straight sets. The other came this year in Rome on clay. Djokovic has looked very good here while Berdych has played well. I do not see anything other that a Djokovic win here as his greater consistency should win out but Berdych may win a set. Djokovic to win 1/7 generally Del Potro vs Ferrer The H2H reads 6-2 to Ferrer. Del Potro has played very well here and certainly has the equipment to beat Ferrer. Ferrer on the other hand has dropped sets to a few players this week but by the end of those matches he has been well on top. I think he will beat Del Potro again because I believe his consistency will prove decisive, although this is a very marginal opinion. Ferrer to win 4/5 Stan James Janowicz vs Kubot First meeting between these two from Poland but I am sure they have hit together, Both play well on grass but Janowicz hits a heavier ball, is ranked higher and has beaten better player here. I am afraid I see no danger and he should win 3-0 5/4 Ladbrokes But again I will just go for the safer option of Janowicz to win 2/9 Paddy Power Murray vs Verdasco The H2h reads 8-1 to Murray and while Verdasco has had a good tournament I expect it to and here. I expect Murray to win 3-0 but again I will just go for the Murray victory 1/12 Ladbrokes My recommendation (for heavy hitters only) for the next two days is: 10 Point Accum Kvitova, Lisicki, Janowicz and Murray (I got a little under 7/4 with Ladbrokes before the prices shortened) Good luck!

Re: Wimbledon 2013 One for the Challenger event tomorrow : 2.61pts J.Vesely to beat F.Sella 2-0 2.00 Bet365 Vesely is ranked 5th in the Challenger rankings. Sella is ranked 135th. Vasely has played in 6 clay events this year and won 2, and got to the final of another. This included beating "Nadal conqueror" Darcis. Sella has played in 7 clay events and best he has achieved in a quarter-final spot. This is enough for me to go for a 2-0 win but on-top of that the age difference [19yrs old, on the way up Vs 32yrs old, on the way down] and the fact that there's a 51 position difference and finally the fact that it's 6ft 6 Vs 5ft 10. The reach alone should prove a challenge.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 2.5pts K.Kanepi to beat S.Lisicki 3.40 Bet365 Lisicki, after the biggest win of her career would no doubt be over the moon to get here but I think the moment might get to her. I've seen this year even more that women's tennis is so weak, mentally. All the pressure of this game is now on Lisicki (the new favourite to win Wimbledon) Kanepi has beaten some real talented players so far. Kanepi was a big result and Riske is a hard player to beat (a player Lisicki lost to recently in Birmingham) in my opinion there's no way Kanepi is 3.40! 2.5pts M.Bartoli to beat S.Stephens 1.80 Bet365 I think Bartoli here. I know it's easy to say but experience counts for alot. Especially when you get to the latter stages of this competition. They played last year and Bartoli come through there 2-1 and that was minus the added pressure of being "last american" of the tournament.

Don't want to sound like a 'after event' punter here but I took Lisicki at 66/1 earlier in the Tournament' date=' she now appears to be favourite to win it so naturally i'm quite excited :p[/quote'] Well that is exactly how u do sound!! Lol - well done on the bet. Lay it off at 3s? I certainly would :)

Re: Wimbledon 2013

Well that is exactly how u do sound!! Lol - well done on the bet. Lay it off at 3s? I certainly would :)
Do you know what, I might just do that - and thanks. In fact i'm pretty sure she's only now favourite because of her fantastic win yesterday, it still wouldn't suprise me if she lost to Kanepi today. Because both players are hard hitters I can see todays game staying close so have taken..... Kanepi + 4.5 8/11 Paddy Power

Re: Wimbledon 2013 i never trust players like kanepi or the clown Bartoli...especially the clown Bartoli is doomed today in my opinion, the clown moves slowly like a heavy tank, while the other woman -the american- has all the weapons to make her look rediculus in the court i am on Stephens to win @2 offered by bet365

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Back Kaia Kanepi to beat Sabine Lisicki for a 3/10 stake at 3.58 with Pinnacle Great win for Lisicki yesterday, but these odds seem a touch too inflated because of that. She won't get to return to the Centre Court for this match and she will be against yet another big hitter, so there is every chance that she is going to lose and I just cannot have Kanepi at 3.58 here after seeing her play reasonably well against both Kerber and Robson. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kanepi-vs-lisicki-betting-kaia-kanepi-might-be-able-to-trouble-sabine-lisicki-on-tuesday-20130702 Back Kirsten Flipkens to beat Petra Kvitova for a 3/10 stake at 3.17 with Pinnacle Well, Petra Kvitova could have gone out on so many occasions that I am struggling to see any justification for her being such a big favourite against someone who hasn't even dropped a set yet. Yes, Flipkens would struggle heavily against Kvitova in her best form, but Kvitova hasn't been anywhere near her best in recent days and weeks, so it is hard to see that happening in all fairness. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/flipkens-vs-kvitova-betting-kirsten-flipkens-should-have-a-decent-shot-at-beating-petra-kvitova-20130702 Back Marion Bartoli to beat Sloane Stephens for a 4/10 stake at 1.90 with Ladbrokes This could be a very tight match and that is why I have to give some edge to Bartoli here. After all, she is the more experienced player of the two and she should have virtually no fatigue in her legs - unlike Stephens, who is still a bit unproven at this level and who has already had to go to the decider on three occasions. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bartoli-vs-stephens-betting-marion-bartoli-looks-value-against-the-talented-american-20130702

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Kaia Kanepi to beat Sabine Lisicki @ 4.05 (Marathon) As impressive as Lisicki's win against Serena was yesterday, this price on Kanepi simply cannot be ignored. There is no doubt that the German is the favourite, but there has been a huge overreaction to her big win. Serena was well below-par and history shows how difficult it is to back up a big win like this. Indeed, since the start of 2010, there are only two players that have beaten Serena and gone on to win their next match - Angelique Kerber last year and Sam Stosur in the 2010 French Open. Lisicki was pretty poor against Stosur in the round before and she lost to Alison Riske on grass in Birmingham before this tournament. She is a very good grass court player, but certainly not good enough to justify this level of favouritism. Kanepi dealt well with the pressure of playing Robson on Centre Court and has steadily improved after a dodgy first match against Tara Moore. She has been in the quarter-finals of Wimbledon before, so she is accomplished on this surface. I agree that Lisicki is favourite, but given the media attention that has been on her over the past 24 hours, it will have been difficult for her to concentrate on this match. If Kanepi brings her best game, she is capable of blowing players off the court and I am certainly happy to side with her at odds of over 3/1...

One for the Challenger event tomorrow : 2.61pts J.Vesely to beat F.Sella 2-0 2.00 Bet365 Vesely is ranked 5th in the Challenger rankings. Sella is ranked 135th. Vasely has played in 6 clay events this year and won 2, and got to the final of another. This included beating "Nadal conqueror" Darcis. Sella has played in 7 clay events and best he has achieved in a quarter-final spot. This is enough for me to go for a 2-0 win but on-top of that the age difference [19yrs old, on the way up Vs 32yrs old, on the way down] and the fact that there's a 51 position difference and finally the fact that it's 6ft 6 Vs 5ft 10. The reach alone should prove a challenge.
Top tip Fader! Thanks:)

Agneszia Radwanska to win the Championship 6/1 Most firms. Just about the best player left in the tournament for me. Tomorrow she faces LI NA' date= LI has never progressed further than the 1/4's. on grass.., ,You may say AR has a weak serve, but she is far better at the volley, drop shot, and a all round thinking game, with no big boom serve left in the tourney, she can go 1 better than last year. they are 1-1 in match ups this year, but on grass, AR should take this, and be less than half the odds tomorrow afternoon.
Im happy with that....Win Bet on todays match, and a nice trade on the championship to come..:cow.......8 match points was a bit much..:spank

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Im going to try set betting again as these matches have chance of this happening Djokovic vs Berdych Djokovic to win 3-1 set betting 5/2 skybet this could be the match that he loses a set his opponent is great on grass and he wont have it his own way also he has not been tested at this years championships he may lose the first set Ferrer vs Del Potro Ferrer to win 3-1 set betting 11/4 skybet he playing the best tennis of his career and is favourite to reach another semi his opponent is playing well but his movement on grass is not as good as Ferrer and will probably come up short but not without winning a set and making a match of it

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Back Juan Martin Del Potro to beat David Ferrer @ 2.38 >Betfair I prefer Del Potro in this match, particularly after watching Ferrer struggle in the early stages of his last match against Dodig. He lost the first set and was behind in the second set tie break, before Dodig's serve started to falter. In the end, Ferrer was a comfortable winner but Dodig was definitely causing him problems when his serve was working. Del Potro also has a big serve which has been looking good during this tournament, and he should be able to be more consistent with it than Dodig was. Although Ferrer beat Del Potro here last year, I think Del Potro is better on grass now than he was then. Ferrer is a great defender but Del Potro has a big enough game to hit him off the court and to dictate play, and when you also consider the battles that Ferrer has already had in this tournament then he might find Del Potro a step too far.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 2pts Del Potro to win first set AND lose the match 5.50 >Bet365 Ferrer is a real fighter and moves around the court very well. He has lost a few sets to lesser opponents though. He lost a set to Alund and then Bautista-Agut and if Dolgopolov was a better played at 2-1 up then he would of also done. I see this game very similar to the Dodig game for Ferrer. He is up against a big server and I think Del Potro, fresh will win the first set purely because of his serve. However, Ferrer for me is a better all-rounder than Del Potro and although Del Potro has looked the most impressive of the two, I think Ferrer will grind this one out too.