** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Wimbledon 2013

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Looking for a spot of advice again lads, I had a flutter on Lisicki at the start of comp as she seems to like wimbledon, and the crowd also seem to have taken to her over the years, also she has a strong game if cutting out the unforced errors. I have also backed Djork with the assurance that if Murray wins I get my money back. Watching a match today between Mannarino v Brown....Mannarino looks to have a very good serve, very consistent with it, and won pretty easily at the finish. Looking on betfair just now he is still 1000 to back and looks to be in the decent end of the draw, also the fact that players seem to be pulling up injured nearly everyday, which could happen to any of them. I have just placed a tenner on him giving the fact I have seen him play, he can hold anyone I would think if serving like he did today, giving him a decent chance against the better players. Maybe he just looked good against Brown and would be crushed by the bigger stars, but as I said looks to have a solid serve which at least gives you a chance. Thinking of sticking on another few quid with the odds, would this be a little rash?

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Wimbledon 2013

Dave' date=' save your money. He will be going out to Paire in a few days and even if he don't, Jerzy will for sure beat him.[/quote'] Again thanks for the advice Fader. Yes your correct with Jerzy looked a good prospect today, haven't seen the other boy before. Cheers

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Back Andreas Seppi to beat Kei Nishikori @ 3.50 >Betfair I think this is a match that could go the distance, and as Seppi was involved in a scrap in the first round against Istomin that could help him here. Nishikori has not been tested in either of his matches so far, recording easy wins against both Ebden and Leonardo Mayer. Seppi is a step up from both of those players though, and he can play well on grass. His match against Istomin was no doubt tiring, but he only played one set against Llodra in his last match so hopefully he will be feeling fresh again. Nishikori beat Seppi when they played on indoor hard a couple of years ago, but it was a reasonably close match and so I don't think he is without a chance this time around. Back Feliciano Lopez to beat Tommy Haas @ 3.00 >Betfair Lopez is in good form right now, and whilst he might be starting to feel fatigued it will have helped him that he didn't need to play a full match in the last round against Mathieu. Haas is also in good form, beating Tursunov and Wang in straight sets in his first two matches here. Both Lopez and Haas are serving well at the moment, and so this has all the makings of a close match. Tie breaks are a distinct possibility, and on that basis alone the price on Lopez seems too high. His confidence must be sky high right now, and although Haas is a great competitor I think Lopez can win this and continue his fine run on grass.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 What do you guys think about the Kimiko V.S Williams match? I found handicap bets interesting.Bet365 set the handicap at Kimiko +7.5 games @ 2.25. Whereas Pinnacle set the handicap at Kimiko +9 @ 1.901 & [email protected] What a huge difference! I definitely believe Serena can win in straight sets, but I think Serena will take some time to get used to the way Kimiko plays because they hadn't meet before and Kimiko's style is very different from contemporary women tennis. And you can see when Venus met Kimiko two years ago Venus took some time before she got into her game. Do you think the +8 at Pinnacle worth a try

What do you guys think about the Kimiko V.S Williams match? I found handicap bets interesting.Bet365 set the handicap at Kimiko +7.5 games @ 2.25. Whereas Pinnacle set the handicap at Kimiko +9 @ 1.901 & [email protected] What a huge difference! I definitely believe Serena can win in straight sets, but I think Serena will take some time to get used to the way Kimiko plays because they hadn't meet before and Kimiko's style is very different from contemporary women tennis. And you can see when Venus met Kimiko two years ago Venus took some time before she got into her game. Do you think the +8 at Pinnacle worth a try
she's born in the 1970...

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Hey what do you guys think of Anderson - Berdych? I think the odds are a bit generous as for me Berdych should be too much for Anderson First of al, it comes to the H2H stats and as it has already been discussed here, I think the 8-0 in favour of the Czech will have its impact on the game. Secondly, from what I have seen it does not look like grass is the favourite surface for Anderson while Berdych tends to perdorm really well on it. Lastly, Anderson didn't really have any real challenge so far with opponents outside of top100 and may not be yet ready for a big match like this. I like two bets for this one: Berdych -6.5 games @ 3.20 Paddy Power - even one break per set should be enough here if he starts the serving and I actually think he will be able to break him at least 2 times in one of the sets so this looks coverable to me Under 38 games @ 2.12 Pinnacle - huge line imo - I cannot by any means see how Anderson will provide such a challenge to Berdych opinions?

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Well, truly speaking I have exactly opposite opinion here and do think it may be quite a close match with a few tiebreakers and both players relatively easily holding their serves. So I would take the over here.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 With the Monaco bet still in play, I am going to leave today alone. Need a little break before the next week and cannot see that much, although I pretty much agree with the Berdych bets above. Kimiko could go either way, would rather be on the plus than on the minus, but not sure that I would want to back anything before the match.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Fernando Verdasco to beat Ernest Gulbis 2.41 Pinnacle (5/10 points) Verdasco should be the marginaly favourite here. He performed much better in his first two lead up matches to that of how Gulbis performed. Whilst Gulbis has still been serving well, I think the rest of his game has been a little eratic to say the least. He beat Tsonga by default and Verdasco looked like the man that he once was momentunarily during the 2009 season when he ever so almost reached the aussie open final. I understand the swing in odds and why most people are backing Gulbis. Verdasco is too unpredictable and you just have no idea which version of him is going to turn up, however, he does tend to produce consistent quality if he has done it in earlier rounds of that tournament. Gulbis has shown he is motivated this season and taking his tennis a little more seriously, he also has a good record against left handers, but just looking at their first and second round performances, you would say that Verdasco is the one playing the better on the grass. Verdasco leads the head to head 2-1, his only defeat was this season on clay when Verdasco was really low on confidence and out of form, gifting away matches. This could be one of those grandslams where verdasco is just the invincible verdasco we all know and at 2.41 I am willing to take the chance that he is.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Lisicki to Beat Stosur 6/10 Boylesports. Stosur had previously struggled here but is playng well this year, however Lisicki comes to life here every year and has been highly impressive against some useful opponents. The key is this Stosur takes a big swing off both wings and the Lisicki groundstrokes will be coming at here so quickly that I do not think she will have time to adjust in time. I predict an easy win here for Lisicki. 10 Points win Lisicki 6/10 Boylesports 10 Points win Lisicki 2-0 Coral

Fernando Verdasco to beat Ernest Gulbis 2.41 Pinnacle (5/10 points) Verdasco should be the marginaly favourite here. He performed much better in his first two lead up matches to that of how Gulbis performed. Whilst Gulbis has still been serving well, I think the rest of his game has been a little eratic to say the least. He beat Tsonga by default and Verdasco looked like the man that he once was momentunarily during the 2009 season when he ever so almost reached the aussie open final. I understand the swing in odds and why most people are backing Gulbis. Verdasco is too unpredictable and you just have no idea which version of him is going to turn up, however, he does tend to produce consistent quality if he has done it in earlier rounds of that tournament. Gulbis has shown he is motivated this season and taking his tennis a little more seriously, he also has a good record against left handers, but just looking at their first and second round performances, you would say that Verdasco is the one playing the better on the grass. Verdasco leads the head to head 2-1, his only defeat was this season on clay when Verdasco was really low on confidence and out of form, gifting away matches. This could be one of those grandslams where verdasco is just the invincible verdasco we all know and at 2.41 I am willing to take the chance that he is.
:ok Much better at the men's game.

6pts J.Wang Vs T.Haas [under 29.5 games] 1.83 Bet365 Eh? Haas is going to win this in 3 sets so all he would need to do is break once in each set. Haas is 10x the player Wang is. I actually had Odesnik to beat Wang in the first round he nearly did (having match point) that was a long drawn out game where Haas will be fresh from thrashing Tursunov 3-0. You must say if he can beat Turs easily, he should have no issues with Wang and he will be well up for this game with all the semi-favourites going out and having problems. 2pts K. De Schepper to beat J.Monaco 3.25 Bet365 Juan Monaco isn't a grass player and although he had one of the easiest round 1 games he still lost the first set. He beat Ram 3-1 but I think he is going to have more problems with De Schepper. Ram only has 5 aces this year. De Schepper has 33. He can serve well and I think Monaco on his un-favoured surface will struggle with that. Monaco on the grass has a record of 5-9 where as De Schepper has a record of 21-8 so I just can't take monaco at them odds. More value in an upset. 3pts J.Janowicz to beat N.Almagro 1.72 Bet365 1pt J.Janowicz to win 3-0 4.00 Bet365 I think Janowicz will come through here. He will be the most fresh. He won first round easily against Edmund who would of been well up for that game after pushing Ferrer close. He then beat Stepanek after Step retired in the second set but that game was going much the same way as Edmunds. Almagro has Zopp in round 1 and won 3-0 but they were sets that actually pushed Almagro 7-5 7-5 6-4 and he should be winning that much easier. He then lost a set to Rufin too and he doesn't look in good form. It's a shame we have such poor odds on Janowicz, but I'm taking the 3-0 too (again though Id expect more like 6.50-7.50 for 3-0) 2.5pts K.Kanepi vs A.Kerber [Over 20.5 games] 1.90 Bet365 1pt K.Kanepi to beat A.Kerber 3.75 Bet365 Will go against the grain here and go for the value pick and a surprise win for Kanepi. I just don't think that Kanepi is a big a price as 3.75 against Kerber. Kerber isn't THAT much better than Kanepi. She can lose her head sometimes and drops games just like Kanepi can and we could see many ups and downs here. I like the look of Riske to win too Vs Radwanska, however evens are not good enough for me.
That's technically 7/7 from yesterday. Paire was abysmal today so hoping on Erakovic. : )

Re: Wimbledon 2013 It's a no-bet for me mate. I wouldn't be taking Lisicki though at them odds. If i HAD to bet Id say Stosur. I gotta leave women's tennis alone. It's so amateurish. Erakovic 5-3 up and serving loses 7-5 with about 10 double faults. yawn! Couldn't care less even if she does win now. Even if it puts me in profit if you throw away games like that you deserve to lose.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Ferrer at around 1.40 I think this is decent value. On previous meeting Ferrer is around 1.30. He rarely loses to another outside the big four. Dolgo is erratic and can't be trusted. Mr Consistent will win the day. Think it will be 3-0.

Keys +5 to beat Radwanksa @ 1.93 - Pinnacle This match features Agnieszka Radwanska ranked 4th in the world and Madison Keys ranked 52nd. So iv been pondering whether to back Keys to win this match outright or with a Handicap. Iv opted with the handicap as its the safer option and that's generally what I do! This is only the 4th time on Betting Kingdom iv opted for the + handicap in well over 100 tips, so hopefully it pays off! Ok onto the reasoning, These two have met once and Radwanska won with ease, however this was on her favoured surface and over a year ago, Keys has proved alot since then! Radwanska has won both of her opening matches in straight sets, however these have been against opponents outside the top 98! Radwanska did not look her best in the last round against Johansson. She even faced 4 break points in the second set against the world number 98. Keys has had a much tougher route to the 3rd round facing Heather Watson (56) in the first round and Mona Barthel in the second round (33). Keys has looked very impressive so far and has won both matches in straight sets! Iv been watching her for a long time now and have concluded she has a big future ahead of herself and can certainly be a top 10 player in the future! I watched Keys play against Watson. Watson did not play bad tennis but Keys was to good for her! She hit a lot of winners and was serving brilliantly. To follow that win up she beat Barthel with ease 6-4 6-2. She did not face a break point all match which shows how well she is serving. Madison Keys is obviously taking this tournament very seriously after playing two warm up tournaments. She reached the quarter final in Birmingham, beating 2 top 33 players along the way, Hampton and Barthel. Where as Radwanska played at Eastbourne and lost in the opening round to Jamie Hampton who Keys beat a week earlier! This shows she can easily be beaten! Madison Keys has one of the best serves in the Womans game, with a fastest serve of 117MPH this week just 6MPH slower than Serena's lowest. She has also served 12aces which will be very beneficial when playing a player of Radwanska's quality. Obviously with such a big serve this will be very helpful. It suggest if Keys is broken, it wont be easy for Radwanska and it shouldn't be very often and should limit the amount of games Radwanska is able to win. Keys has also won 77% of he first serves, therefore this shows how hard it will be for Radwanska and how Keys should be able to hold serve on the majority of her service games if serving well. Keys has also won 59% of points on her second serve, this backs up the above point and is the 7th highest of any player so far this tournament. Radwanska tend to extend points and makes very few unforced errors, however she should find this difficult due to the power Keys has! I really think Keys has a genuine chance of beating Radwanska and should probably be about odds of 3 rather than 4! However I feel she will cover this handicap as long as she doesn't blow up under the big pressure!
Another winner! 10/12 for the grass court season!

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Womens R16 - Kanepi to beat Robson @ 4/5 (Stan James:4pts) Erakovic should have won yesterday, she dominated Robson for the first two sets before a major choke at the finishing line, and she never recovered. Fair play to Robson, she hung in there and the crowd helped her too. But I think this is the end of the line for her. For me, Kanepi is the better player in this one, she also has a big game with a serve and can fire winners. My main concern is again if she can manage the crowd as Kanepi has some problems mentally. I watched her first round vs Tara Moore and she was woeful, could have got knocked out there but she improved majorly against Kerber to win a pretty high quality match in 3 sets. Comfortably beat Riske yesterday aswell, and Riske does like the grass. I feel it's on Kanepi tomorrow, I think she's the better player and hopefuly she can manage nerves if she gets in a winning position. :hope

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Fernando Verdasco vs Kenny De Schepper over 35.5 games 4/5 paddy power this match looks like five sets to me both of them still dont convince me they are comfortable on grass Agnieszka Radwanska vs Tsvetana Pironkova over 21.5 games 4/5 paddy power over 2.5 sets 7/4 these two are playing well enough to win this tournament so it should be tight match with a lot of breaks of serve Petra Kvitova vs Carla Suarez Navarro over 21.5 games 4/5 paddy power over 2.5 sets 7/4 kvitova still has not shown the form that her this title two years ago and her opponent can nick a set of her as she is in better form Kirsten Flipkens vs Flavia Pennetta over 21.5 games 4/5 paddy power over 2.5 sets 7/4 well nothing can separate these two players who seem to like playing three set matches it should be close two or three tight sets Tsvetana Pironkova to win her quarter 5/1 paddy power seems to be back to her best and has great game for this surface

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Back Ivan Dodig to beat David Ferrer @ 3.60 >Betfair Ferrer had a real struggle against Dolgopolov in the last round, eventually getting the better of the Ukrainian in five sets. He also dropped sets to both Alund and Bautista Agut in earlier rounds, which is not what you would expect from a player who normally gets things done with the minimum of fuss. Dodig is a solid player on grass, and I think he might be able to beat Ferrer if the Spaniard isn't on top of his game. The Croatian didn't need to expend too much energy in the last round against Sijsling, who ended up retiring, and his serve looks in good shape. If he can continue to serve well, even against a good returner like Ferrer, then he should have a chance in this match. Back Tommy Haas to beat Novak Djokovic @ 9.00 >Betfair Djokovic should win this match, but he shouldn't be this short against a player like Haas in my opinion. The veteran German is in some of the best form of his career, and he has enough experience and determination to make life difficult for any of the top players. Although Djokovic played almost flawlessly in his last match against Chardy, I don't think Haas will let him play like that. He has an awful lot of court nous and so should be able to ask some questions of Djokovic, particularly as he has beaten the Serbian both times that they have met on grass. One of those matches was at Wimbledon, and although it was a number of years ago, given the level that Haas is playing at right now I wouldn't be surprised to see a repeat of that result.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Was going to do a pick on Haas for tomorrow, but Torque's point of view is my point of view. Haas is on 2009 form. Last year he was on great form as well, but Kohls dropped him in first round in a epic five setter that could have gone either way. I'm quite confident that Haas might win tomorrow.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Does anyone think the veteran Melzer can overcome the very hot Janowicz, i guess the odds of $4.50 are enticing me but im thinking Pennetta is the better choice The pole has only faced 5 break points in 2 1/2 matches, so i guess if he continues to serve as well as he has been it might be too much for the Austrian, was wondering if anyone has seen Melzer play and weather they believe he has a chance

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Melzer would probably need both luck and his top form to get the job done really, as Janowicz was superb against Almagro, so I would probably stay away from that. No idea about Pennetta though, haven't seen her play for quite some time.

Re: Wimbledon 2013 Back Kaia Kanepi to beat Laura Robson for a 4/10 stake at 1.75 with Pinnacle Both Kanepi and Robson got a bit lucky in the last round, but that is how tennis goes sometimes and I cannot see that affecting this match too much. Right now, I still feel that Kanepi is the better player of the two and that she can absorb the power Robson can produce, so the match should be her to lose really. Robson might be a big talent, but she can go missing rather easily and I cannot see her keeping her high level for long enough to beat Kanepi. We might get to see a choke or two here, but, ultimately, I think that Kanepi will be able to walk away as the winner. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kanepi-vs-robson-betting-kaia-kanepi-should-be-too-strong-for-laura-robson-on-monday-20130701 Back Fernando Verdasco (-5.5) to beat Kenny de Schepper for a 4/10 stake at 1.80 with William Hill Fair play to de Schepper for beating Monaco, but he will once again need to serve out of his skin in order to have a chance here and I simply cannot see him doing that. Verdasco has been playing brilliant tennis so far and the fact that he is a left-hander will help him against de Schepper's serve, so I can see him making plenty of inroads on return and also upsetting de Schepper's confidence at the net with some accurate passing shots. There is a gulf of class between the two - and Verdasco should be able to get the job done with minimal fuss. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/verdasco-vs-de-schepper-betting-fernando-verdasco-has-what-it-takes-to-cruise-through-to-the-next-round-20130701 Back L.Kubot/A.Mannarino - Over 39.5 games for a 4/10 stake at 1.90 with Paddy Power It might be strange to see Kubot and Mannarino playing against each other in the fourth round of a Grand Slam, but they both deserve to be here after producing some solid performances in recent days. Since this is going to be played on an outside court, I think that they are going to be comfortable enough and play with no real pressure, which could easily mean that this clash will go to the distance. Both can serve well, but their return games aren't really top-notch, so I wouldn't be surprised by a couple of tight sets - and this line therefore looks a touch low to me in all fairness. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kubot-vs-mannarino-betting-the-battle-between-lukasz-kubot-and-adrian-mannarino-could-turn-out-to-be-a-fairly-long-affair-201307