International Friendlies > 2010

Re: Weekend > Friendly Internationals > 4th / 6th June Japan vs Ivory Coast Japan have problems facing teams more physical than they, South Corea have more physic than Japan squad, and they take 2-0 in the farewell game of the first squad, a game they not have taken lightly. Against a more physical team like Cote d Ivore that have settled now his titular squad, and that have the necesity of a victory to motivate they, I don't imagine how Japan will handle the african team with world class players. All indicates Cote d'Ivore seeks a victory, after the draw with Paraguay. Quality of players and physical power will crush japanese deffense; a sure victory for Cote d Ivore, Erikson won't do more experiments to test his players, he will use the best men now. Paraguay have a better offensive that Japan, no way Japan could do a goal to Cote d' Ivore who by the way couldn't make a goal to South Corea in his farewell match. Japan vs Cote d Ivore Pick:Cote d Ivore Stake:6/10 Cote de Ivore Clean Sheet @2.4 Paddypower Stake:4/10

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Weekend > Friendly Internationals > 4th / 6th June Selection: Holland v Hungary - Holland HT/FT @ 4/5 with Paddy Power Reasoning: Think this is a great price for a class team in-form against a poor side like Hungary, Holland skelped Ghana 4-1 with relative ease midweek - and lead at the break. I watched the Hungary v Germany match last weekend and Hungary looked very poor indeed getting beat comfortably beat 3-0 - and that was on their home patch. Holland can put goals past anyone - especially at home. They're expected to play the same team as against Ghana aswell - pretty much their strongest barring one or two. Would be surprised if Hungary are still holding them at the break. So Holland HT/FT @ 4/5 for me. :ok

Re: Weekend > Friendly Internationals > 4th / 6th June

Selection: Holland v Hungary - Holland HT/FT @ 4/5 with Paddy Power Reasoning: Think this is a great price for a class team in-form against a poor side like Hungary, Holland skelped Ghana 4-1 with relative ease midweek - and lead at the break. I watched the Hungary v Germany match last weekend and Hungary looked very poor indeed getting beat comfortably beat 3-0 - and that was on their home patch. Holland can put goals past anyone - especially at home. They're expected to play the same team as against Ghana aswell - pretty much their strongest barring one or two. Would be surprised if Hungary are still holding them at the break. So Holland HT/FT @ 4/5 for me. :ok
Agreed, the Dutch are the best bet of the weekend for me and will be my last before the WC.. Reasons - At home not neutral ground, bound to be sold out and v.patriotic, good pitch (unlike some matches others bet on yest!), known to take friendlies as important so strong team likely, Hungary not v.good side who got taken apart by a decent but not great German side recently.. I'm never a fan of the HT/FT bet to be honest..often see inferior sides hold out untill the break against superior sides who get a bollocking at HT and come out scoring early in the second..I would play the -1EH over this everytime but then again the odds will not be as good im guessing, so comes down to individual preference...Hills have up a poor 1.57 so far but I expect bet365 will go to at least 1.65 when their price comes out, I will go with that when available..It bothers me a little that Koeman is the coach of Hungary but although he will know the Dutch side v.well I doubt if he has the players at his disposal to stop them..:ok

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June ....the odds on Bosnia-Herzegovina are way to high imho. They look tempting too me cause our team hasn´t found the perfect squad yet. With Salihovic, Ibisevic, Dzeko + Misimovic they have a chance. I mean its just a shoot but 12,5 for Bosnia @betfair is ok for me with a little stake...:)

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June

Event Italy - Mexico
Selection Draw
Strength 10/10
Date 03/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Coral @ 3.40 (Back)
Reasoning Italy and Mexico will play with their main starting eleven, maybe the one that they will use on the first World Cup games. Camoranesi will be the only absent due to a knee injury. Lippi wants to clear his ideas on this friendly game played in Switzerland. Mexico is already on his top level after facing Bolívia, New Zealand, North Korea, Island, Ecuador, Senegal, Angola, Chile, England, Holanda and Gambia.The rhythm between the two teams is very different, which gives more chances to the Mexican team. But on a friendly, so close to the World Cup, and playing with their main starting eleven, more important than win, will be that no one get a injury and not to loose confidence and morale with a defeat, so, i think there are big probabilities of ending on a draw this game.

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June Everyone banking on New Zealand putting up a stiff resistance tomorrow evening, be forewarned, with this quote from ESPN, from the NZ coach: ''After the full-strength hit-out against Slovenia, New Zealand will meet Chile in South Africa where Herbert will give his fringe squad members some game time. Herbert said his first choice team would start against Slovenia but that he would start making substitutes as early as the 20th minute. 'If everybody's all okay and we're comfortable with our position then we'll probably not be too dissimilar than we were against Serbia,' he said. 'What I will probably consider is players not being on the pitch for so long. The team named to play Slovenia may be on the pitch for 20 to 30 minutes only.''' At the moment I'm looking at a double of Slovenia and France -1, which should be just under 2.00; just waiting for Bet365 and other sites to put the France game up.

Re: Weekend > Friendly Internationals > 4th / 6th June Can someone give me information about injuries, probable line up of Hungary? Thinking about the Netherlands -1.75 @1.78. But therefore I need some more info to justify that bet. At this moment I think it's a bit too low, although Hungary is not good recently. Or is the Over 2.50(3.00) a better bet? But I can't see Hungary score unless Mathijsen/van Bronckhorst are doing stupid things again. Then the question is whether Netherlands will score 3 goals. Anything will be useful. Edit: just read the HT/FT bet, I think I like that one too :p

Re: Weekend > Friendly Internationals > 4th / 6th June Slovenia, France -1 double @ 1.91 (Will Hill) Regardless of what the NZ coach has said about this game (http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f8/midweek-friendly-internationals-31st-may-3rd-june-102928/index6.html) I still think Slovenia will win. They're solid at home, and I would imagine will be looking for a good result before they leave for South Africa. NZ did beat Serbia, but it was Serbia with half a side missing, and playing at Slovenia is a different proposition. I think people are exaggerating how grim things are for the French, mainly 'cause it's the French. They beat Costa Rica and played well, getting a result which looks a bit better following Costa Rica's win in Switzerland. They followed that up with a draw against a Tunisia side which I don't think is terrible. China are playing a squad made up completely of home-based players, and I think Domenech's adventurous new formation can yield at least a two goal win.

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June Aguirre has just issued a release saying that he will not be risking any of his star players tonight. How far he goes with the rotation is any ones guess, but Italy can still be found at nigh on evens. It is food for thought.

Italy vs Mexico friendly 03.06.2010 complete turnaround! Hello, Am I wrong or the things have turned completely around and now Mexico will play with second team and Italy will go with most star players? http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/140/world-cup-2010/2010/06/03/1956635/world-cup-2010-i-will-not-play-my-mexico-stars-against-italy http://www.goal.com/en/news/1863/world-cup-2010/2010/06/03/1957025/world-cup-2010-marcello-lippi-to-use-first-choice-players Italy is still holding odds 2.16 at betfair. Strange?

Re: Italy vs Mexico friendly 03.06.2010 complete turnaround!

I grabbed them out of interest at 2.14, down to 2.1 now.. To green up or not to green up, hmm.
The game went live and the odds got even higher now ~ 2.24. The stats show they started at 1.40 Maybe there is something I am missing here :unsure

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June

The pitch definitely didn't help, but even so Honduras should of done what was needed. Hopefully the pitch may help the underdog in my next bet: South Korea AH + 1.5 @ 2.06 (Betfair) I like Korea and think they're gonna have a good World Cup. They used an ''experimental'' side in their defeat to Belarus last time out, I think, and coupled with the bad conditions and it being their first game ''at altitude'' I'm not gonna get too carried away with that result. Spain are hopefully gonna make a few changes, but even if those changes are not too disruptive, I'm still hopeful this time Korea'll do themselves justice.
:nana

Re: Weekend > Friendly Internationals > 4th / 6th June France - 2.25 - BET365 V China. I'd be hugely surprised if France don't dispatch China by a few goals here. China have clearly been picked as a morale boosting opponent for the French, and this should be like a training match for them. I also am taking this bet because I can see that the Chinese squad is vastly inexperienced, and understrength. On paper of course. China are missing Regular goalkeeper Yang Zhi, Cao Yang, Sun Xiang, Zheng Zhi, Hao Junmin and Han Peng. Who I understand are regulars. The fact they don't even have an experienced goalkeeper at international level interests me also. Then there is the fact France are at home playing in their last friendly before going to South Africa. :hope ..... small stakes though, as this is a friendly, and this is France.

Re: Weekend > Friendly Internationals > 4th / 6th June Ghana versus Latvia Odds are much higher than I expected. First of all. Big news: Latvia is without their best player - Forward Maris Verpakovskis played already 80 matches for NT scored 26 goals. He is still their main star. He play in Ergoletis - average club from Greece. He is not star there, scored only 3 goals in 21 matches. In my opinion his weight also is not good. The other big blow is absence of winger Andrejs Rubin. He played in Crystal Palace 8 years ago, later was Russian league, later reserves of Spartak Moscow, now is Inter Baku - club from Azerbaijan, but he is still important part of Latvia's National Team. Most players are from domestic league. Latvian's league is poor, clubs played bad in quals to Europa League - lost to poor teams from Ireland for example. They have only one team, who did really good in last season - Ventspils, BUT only 3 players from Ventspils are in the squad and only 1 (right midfielder Zigajevs) can be sure that he will play in first XI. Only five players play in foreign leagues - we have first goalkeeper of FC Sion, two central defenders: one play in club from South Africa and second is reserve player from Dundee United. Offensive midfielder Kolesnicenko is reserve player at Chornomorets Odesa (Ukraine) and forward Rudnevs is a star in Hungarian league... It's also pretty old team, except young Rudnevs who can be a new Verpakovskis. Many players are 30 years old or more. This will be their first friendly since March when they got 1:1 draw against Angola. In last quals they were in group 2, the weakest group with Switzerland, Greece, Israel, Moldova and Luxembourg. They were able to finish on 3th with one point more than Isreal. Now Ghana: Many good players. I know that Essien is out for World Cup, but they still have Muntari from Inter. In defense some good players like Pantsil from Fulham and Mensah from Sunderland, in midfield Muntari, Derek Boateng, Kevin Prince-Boateng and others. In attack some big gun Asamoah Gyan who scored 13 goals for Rennes in Ligue 1 this season. Still they need better goalkeeper and more quality defenders, but we talking about won against Latvia not Brazil or Spain. They are finalists from Africa Cup of Nations 2010. Team is solid, it can be good mix of experienced players and some youngsters who just won under 20 World Cup 2009! They lost 1:4 few days ago against Holland. Netherlands was on their home ground and are one of the best team of the world so I it's not a shame to lose with teams like that. They need self-confidence before fight in their very tough group so victory in friendly will be useful.

Event Japan - Ivory Coast
Selection Ivory Coast
Strength 10/10
Date 04/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfred @ 2.00 (Back)
Reasoning After three preparation weeks, the Swedish coach must have a clear idea of which will be the ideal starting eleven. And this game between Japan and Ivory Coast will bring us a chance of knowing how Ivory Coast will play. This game will bring the chance of seeing if Sven-Goran could improve the defense and even more important, if he could input to his players the winning and battling spirit to avoid the known relaxing moments of his players. Facing a Japan on crisis, winless on the last three friendlies, Ivory Coast and his main team should be enough to win the game.

Slovenia' date= France -1 double @ 1.91 (Will Hill) Regardless of what the NZ coach has said about this game (http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f8/midweek-friendly-internationals-31st-may-3rd-june-102928/index6.html) I still think Slovenia will win. They're solid at home, and I would imagine will be looking for a good result before they leave for South Africa. NZ did beat Serbia, but it was Serbia with half a side missing, and playing at Slovenia is a different proposition. I think people are exaggerating how grim things are for the French, mainly 'cause it's the French. They beat Costa Rica and played well, getting a result which looks a bit better following Costa Rica's win in Switzerland. They followed that up with a draw against a Tunisia side which I don't think is terrible. China are playing a squad made up completely of home-based players, and I think Domenech's adventurous new formation can yield at least a two goal win.
Bet365 has this double @ 2.09. France -1 is 1.50, whereas it was 1.36 at Will Hill :unsure

Re: Weekend > Friendly Internationals > 4th / 6th June Ivory Coast @ 1.90 Ivory Coast -1 @ 3.60 (Bet365) Only Sven's second game in charge of the team and last before the World Cup, so I think a win and performance'll be important to The Elephants. They were fairly impressive against Paraguay in their last warm-up, and up against a weaker side in Japan, I think they can beat the handicap. Japan put up a good fight against an experimental England, but England didn't play particularly well and still won fairly comfortably in the end, which probably speaks volumes about the Japanese.

New Zealand vs Slovenia The rise in the odds for unders means to me that Eslovenia have big chances to beat New Zealand with difference of goals, Serbia poor outcome against the All Whites is explained because his coach put many men that will be discarded in the definitive squad. I don't have doubt that Eslovenia will win this match, keep clean sheet, because they play as a well organized team and have a better deffense that Eslovaquia; for put an example, Eslovenia win 2-0 Eslovaquia, England 2-1 Eslovenia, this numbers give good indicators that Eslovenia is a good level team and will win this match, against an unexperienced NZ squad. New Zealand vs Eslovenia Eslovenia @ 1.46 Betfair Stake:5/0 Eslovenia -1@ 2.25 Sportingbet Stake:3/10 Eslovenia Clean Sheet @ 1.61 Willhill Stake:2/10
The Serb team against the All Whites actually looked pretty strong to me, how many players do you think will not make the final 23. The NZ team can stand against European teams, Serbia proved that. i expect a fairly low paced game, neither will take risks with injuries. Both teams are very well coached but lack flair. I have taken the draw @ 4.6, 1-1 is the most likley outcome

Ivory Coast @ 1.90 Ivory Coast -1 @ 3.60 (Bet365) Only Sven's second game in charge of the team and last before the World Cup, so I think a win and performance'll be important to The Elephants. They were fairly impressive against Paraguay in their last warm-up, and up against a weaker side in Japan, I think they can beat the handicap. Japan put up a good fight against an experimental England, but England didn't play particularly well and still won fairly comfortably in the end, which probably speaks volumes about the Japanese.
Only caught the last twenty but Japan looked bad. Quite a promising build up for The Elephants, who look like they're gonna have a good tournament.

Re: Weekend > Friendly Internationals > 4th / 6th June Without Drogba tho IC didnt look as potent. IMO I would have moved Dindane up top and put someone else out wide when he went off. Then again I probably wouldnt have left the lightning quick and inform Bakari Kone at home either. Stupid Sven.

No. It is not actually in France it is on an Island off the African coast that France invaded 200 years ago and claimed for france. They then bought many of the native inhabitants back shackled in cages as part of the slave trade. The slave trade was then abolished. The slaves lived in France and started reproducing and then today the descendents of the slaves became professional footballers such as Anelka' date=' Gallas and all the other french black players. They then 200 years later returned to the Island to play football not in cages as slaves but as heros in mercedes and wearing Rolex watches rather than chains and shackles.[/quote'] Was that a happy story or one about slavery? :lol