International Friendlies > 2010

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May

just need chile to come through now on my england' date=' mexico and chile treble, any news coming up from there?[/quote'] Got the same treble myself :ok Watching the game and Chile are 1 up and look like they are going to score many more while NI aren't really threatening at all. Looking good my friend :hope

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May

Got the same treble myself :ok Watching the game and Chile are 1 up and look like they are going to score many more while NI aren't really threatening at all. Looking good my friend :hope
good stuff matey, was slightly worried when the england game was going as it was but hopefully it will all be good in the end :hope

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June South Africa -1.5 @ 2.05 (Bet365) This is based on the hope SA play a proper side, and don't use this one to audition people for the final 23. They're in decent form, unbeaten in ten under their new coach, and defensively are looking okay, so it'll hopefully just be the case of whether or not they can get the two goals. Guatemala have played two games in the last year, and I don't think offer much of a threat.

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June After more than embarassing display against New Zealand, Serbia will probably use their strongest lineup against Poland on Wednesday night.Aside from Aleksandar Kolarov(who is according to Spanish site Marca on the way to become a new left back of Real Madrid, so I guess he was the only motivated player on the pitch) and forward Dragan Mrdja, the team has disappointed big time against tactically very impressive New Zealand who are definitely NOT a mugs. In other words, top players like Stankovic, Krasic, Ivanovic, Jovanovic, Lukovic,...,who missed the NZ match, are expected to make their returns, so there is no doubt we will see much improved Serbia. Probable lineup(vs.Poland) Serbia: Stojkovic - Ivanovic, Vidic, Lukovic, Kolarov - Krasic, Stankovic, Kuzmanovic (Milijas), Jovanovic - Zigic, Pantelic (Mrdja) All in all, there is no confirmation that coach Antic will field the strongest side, but with exactly 14 days ahead of the oppening and crucial match vs.Ghana, it is hard to see him taking the risks anymore. I did not bet on Serbia-New Zealand match and maybe I will not touch this one either, but I will decide on a match day.

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June

The National Federation agreed to play in the game, but this had to improvise a selection, which is under the command of Francisco Melgar, and "observation" Ever Hugo Almeida. The call was made so hastily that were considered players who had just undergone surgery or who were outside the country, but after debugging the list could make a couple of workouts before making the long trip to South Africa where they arrived in two groups met on Friday night in Johannesburg.
This is the list of nineteen players that travelled to South Africa last Tuesday for this friendly.
1 David Guerra 2 Carlos Gallardo March Montepeque Transit 4 Abner Trigueros 5 Dwight Pezzarossi 6 Guillermo Ramirez 7 Gonzalo Romero 8 Sergio Guevara 9 Carlos Castillo 10 Cristian Noriega 11 Jaime Vides 12 Juan Jose Castillo 13 Mario Rodriguez 14 Henry Medina 15 Wilson Lalin 16 Wilber Caal 17 Marvin Barrios 18 Gustavo Cabrera 19 Minor Lopez Campollo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guatemala_national_football_team This is fairly close to their first squad of twenty, but all but Guillermo Ramirez (who plies his trade in Honduras) play their football in Guatemala. Worth noting that this will be Guatemala coach Ever Hugo Almeida's first game in charge after being appointed this May. Also, this will be Aaron Mokoena' 100th cap for South Africa. Guatemala were elimintated from the World Cup CONCACAF section at the third round stage after finishing third in their group behind Trinidad and Tobago, and U.S.A. Guatemala are ranked 115 in World football.

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June I know South Africa are a poor side, but Goatemala must be quite a few levels below SA in terms of quality. I can't see any other outcome only a Home win unless SA play with the 2nd team maybe.

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June South Africa to keep a clean sheet @1.72 Paddy Power I feel south africa will be too strong for guatemala with Sa unbeaten in their last ten outings but dont want to rely on SA having to score so therefore see this bet as good value :hope

I know South Africa are a poor side' date=' but Goatemala must be quite a few levels below SA in terms of quality. I can't see any other outcome only a Home win unless SA play with the 2nd team maybe.[/quote'] They're not a poor side, Muscleman. They play good football and are fairly solid in defence; they just lack a bit of power up front. Even so, I can see them scoring two tonight, providing of course, like you say, they play a proper team. I'll attempt to post it before the match, if anyone cares.

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June Netherlands should crush Ghana. Strong line up: Stekelenburg vd Wiel, Heitinga, Mathijsen, v Bronckhorst v Bommel, de Jong Kuyt, Sneijder, vd Vaart, v Persie Ghana missing first goalie and a defender. Starplayer Essien will not play. He has a long time injury and will not go to World Cup. Expekt 2-0 or 3-0 so Netherlands -1.50 @2.11 is pure value to me.

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June Portugal V Cameroon UNDER 2.5 goals @ 1.68 - Betfair. I'd expect a strong performance here from Portugal after all the critisism they received after the 0-0 draw with Cape Verde. With this being the penultimate game before they head off to South Africa, and with this being an opportune time to test themselves against African opposition, before facing Ivory Coast in the World Cup proper. Portugal haven't conceded in seven international fixtures now, and their defence looks like a strength of theirs. However, for all their flair players they can call on, creativity has been a source of worry. Putting the ball in the back of the net is one thing Portugal will oddly be concerned with prior to the World Cup finals. Cameroon have conceded once and scored once in their last three recent internationals. Including a 0-0 with Italy, and Georgia. With Samuel Eto'o's international future far from certain, they too will have problems up top. I also think Slovenia V New Zealand will be a certainty for under 2.5 goals, but I'm waiting for the odds to come out.

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June Few words about Norway v Ukraine game. Ukraine team will fly to Norway without: Pyatov,Mihalik,Aliev,Milevsky,Shevchenko Markevych wants to give chance to young players like:Rakickiy,Yarmolenko,Stepanenko,Zozulya.Few players like Tymoschuk,Chygrynskiy and Gusev will remain in main squad to face norway. Also from now all players involved in matches for National team will get bonuses for every match they win.They already recieved good bonus for wins against Lithuania and Romania. Don't know Norway line up but at fisrt look my main bet will be LAY Ukraine and possibly under 2.5 goals.

Why? Please could you give us a few words of reasoning. Otherwise the post is of no use :ok
sorry jase was in a rush out lol. firstly albania simply because andorra are completely shocking, on a par with teams such as san marino so whatever team albania put out should easily do the job, i'd say around 2/3-0. Holland I'm going simply on the fact of their last game in which van persie looked sharp as ever with his finishing game up there with the best in the world. As well as this, strong team in being put out, to me it seems that holland are the only team who are taking the friendlies seriously in building up to the world cup, perhaps an outsider for the competetion itself... :tongue2

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June I will stick with Portugal here. I know that they only draw 0:0 against Cape Verde, but it's not relevant for me. First of all, this will be different match. Cape Verde defended with all players, so it wasn't easy to play against team like that. You must also know that in game against Cape Verde Portugal were forced to play the last 20 minutes of the match with just 10 men as Tiago picked up an injury. I also remember some interesting thing: When in 2004 Portugal drawed 2:2 against Liechtenstein away from they were so determined that 4 days later they punish Russia 7:1! I hope that this time we will see similar reaction:). Cameroon will be more offensively minded and this will be big chance for Portugal. Defence of Carlos Queiroz's team is very good with players like Ricardo Carvalho, Pepe, Bruno Alves or Miguel. It's enough to say that in last 7 games Portugal managed to keep clean sheet! With so good defensive play C. Ronaldo & co usually must score only one goal to grab a win. On the other hand Cameroon had their own problems - Samuel Eto'o is arguing with legend-player, Roger Mila who hardly criticized Inter's player. Atmosphere is far from good. Probable line-ups: Portugal: Eduardo; Miguel, Carvalho, Alves, Duda; Meireles, Veloso; Simao/Nani, Deco, Ronaldo; Liedson/Almeida Cameroon: Kameni; Bassong, Mbia, Nkoulou, Asso-Ekotto; A. Song, Makoun, Enoh; Eto’o, Emana, Idrissou. Summary Portugal play at home, has more determination and better players. Open play will give more space to Cristiano Ronaldo, Deco and Simao who knows how to score a goal.

Portugal V Cameroon UNDER 2.5 goals @ 1.68 - Betfair. I'd expect a strong performance here from Portugal after all the critisism they received after the 0-0 draw with Cape Verde. With this being the penultimate game before they head off to South Africa, and with this being an opportune time to test themselves against African opposition, before facing Ivory Coast in the World Cup proper. Portugal haven't conceded in seven international fixtures now, and their defence looks like a strength of theirs. However, for all their flair players they can call on, creativity has been a source of worry. Putting the ball in the back of the net is one thing Portugal will oddly be concerned with prior to the World Cup finals. Cameroon have conceded once and scored once in their last three recent internationals. Including a 0-0 with Italy, and Georgia. With Samuel Eto'o's international future far from certain, they too will have problems up top. I also think Slovenia V New Zealand will be a certainty for under 2.5 goals, but I'm waiting for the odds to come out.
Slovenia v New Zealand Under 2.5 @ 1.86 canbet mate!!!!

Slovenia v New Zealand Under 2.5 @ 1.86 canbet mate!!!!
A steal :ok Slovenia have one of the best defensive units going into the WC, while NZ aren't the best going forward....BUT, will make life very difficult for any opponent.

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June Portugal V cameroon Portugal clean sheet @1.90 Paddypower Portugal keeping clean sheets for fun lately and with the unrest (Eto) in the cameroon team i like these odds which incidently are as low as 1.65 with william hills!!!

A steal :ok Slovenia have one of the best defensive units going into the WC, while NZ aren't the best going forward....BUT, will make life very difficult for any opponent.
Sounds good, worth a punt so ill be joining you Slovenia v NZ under 2.5 goals @1.86 Canbet :ok

Few words about Norway v Ukraine game. Ukraine team will fly to Norway without: Pyatov,Mihalik,Aliev,Milevsky,Shevchenko Markevych wants to give chance to young players like:Rakickiy,Yarmolenko,Stepanenko,Zozulya.Few players like Tymoschuk,Chygrynskiy and Gusev will remain in main squad to face norway. Also from now all players involved in matches for National team will get bonuses for every match they win.They already recieved good bonus for wins against Lithuania and Romania. Don't know Norway line up but at fisrt look my main bet will be LAY Ukraine and possibly under 2.5 goals.
I watched Norway play Montenegro the other day and although they won 2-1 with a late late winner, they weren't very impressive. Had a couple of one on ones which they ballooned over but that was about it.

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June Does anyone know the prospective strength of SA tonight? I can't find any sort of team news really. Pienaar and McCarthy were on the bench against Columbia with the latter coming on at some point. It is their penultimate friendly so I would expect them both to start as the WC nears. Doesn't matter anyway I just saw the price of 2/7 on B365. I can't go near that really.

I watched Norway play Montenegro the other day and although they won 2-1 with a late late winner' date=' they weren't very impressive. Had a couple of one on ones which they ballooned over but that was about it.[/quote'] You probably don't know many players from Ukraine mate but someone else who knows our team would notice that all main strikers for Ukraine are out,also free-kick taker Aliev is out.That leaves us with young and unexperienced guys up front.they didn't play much together and Ukraine away record is not so great anyway.I see boring 0-0 or 1-0 to Norway.But if Ukraine win that one as well it will be big shocker even for me ;) Also i didn't say take Norway to win-i said lay Ukraine and under 2.5 ...

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June South Africa v Guatemala - Under 2.5 Goals @ 2.48 Betfair This price looks a fair one, I don't expect Guatemala to threaten a great deal going forward so if we take into account the likelyhood of them not scoring then South Africa will need three. They've had good results, and I think they'll win here, but maybe just 1/2-0. Definitely some value in the price.