** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

International Friendlies > 2010

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May i'm taking bosnia to win against sweden with odds 5/1. that's simply too good. the bosnian coach said spirit is good in the squad and he wants to win. respecting the sweden side but believe bosnia is good to surpise anyone. expecting up to 15 000 bosnian fans, that's almost half the stadium. with dzeko on the verge of moving to another club he will be looking to impress and muslimovic looked sharp in the training. i think probably 1-3

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May betting on a treble today.. :hope i dont think any reasoning is needed as i expect these 3 to do a job regardless of whos in the starting 11.. bosnia being the one to represent "value" i think they got too much quality 4 the ibra-less sweden combined odds of 8.67 bosnia 10/3 germany 1/2 serbia 1/3 odds with ladbrokes, GL

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May

USA - TURKEY 3.25 SLOVAKİA-CAMEROON ( 1-0 ) 1.38 SPAİN-SAUDI ARABİA ( 1 H ) 1.4 HUNGARY-GERMANY 1.5 MILLWALL X SWİNDON 3.5 32.96 :ok I lıve ın turkey and thınk that Turkey ll win today :ok
And why do you think Turkey will win my friend?I was watching Turkey play against Irish B-squad and they didn not impress me at all.First half was boring as fcuk and only after few subs Turkey finaly won 2-0.USA lost 4-2 few days ago and if today they will play thier main players i just don't see you winning this.

USA - TURKEY 3.25 SLOVAKİA-CAMEROON ( 1-0 ) 1.38 SPAİN-SAUDI ARABİA ( 1 H ) 1.4 HUNGARY-GERMANY 1.5 MILLWALL X SWİNDON 3.5 32.96 :ok I lıve ın turkey and thınk that Turkey ll win today :ok
:welcome to PL. Could you please provide reasoning for these selections, and stick to the threads provided :ok Alternatively, all selections on there own can be posted here ..... http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f6/weekend-bets-28-may-30-may-102844/

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May Serbia Goal Start -1 @ 2.00 NZ were unlucky not to get a draw against an Australian team that were rattled by the control NZ had over the game in the frist 45 minutes... I think the travel will hurt NZs chances here tonight, plus 4 changes to the squad that were forced upon them through other commitments/injury. Serbia could take a while to get going in this match as NZ have played together more recently, but they should be a class and a half above the NZ side for most of the match.

And again i have to disagree with you about Belarus.Why you don't like them so much?:) Don't think they will loose today.But GL :ok
I just don't rate Belarusian football mate :unsure Most teams can knock the ball about the field quite competently, and we can sit here arguing over whether they are better or worse than any other Eastern European side, but it's all about opinions. Nothing to really get worked up over :D South Korea come into this fixture in better form, and should display more enthusiasm and workrate than Honduras did :hope

Ukraine v Romania Match will take place in Lvov (Banderstand :clap) where national team never lost before and where stadium is always almost full.Teackets are cheap so i expect many fans. Ukraine and Romania played 3 times before and Ukraine lost all 3 of them. In his interview for this match M.Markevych said he will play 90% of squad that played last time against Lithaunia.The only changes i see are Pyatov will take place in goal and also couple of Karpaty's (local team from Lvov that qualifyed to Europa League this season :tongue2) defenders will possibly start. But...after this match all best players will leave national team and in game against Norway we will play reserves and guys from U21 team. The situation in Romania much more intresting as R.Lucesku is trying to build a new team from young players.Romania lost their first friendly match this year at home to Israel 2-0. Probable line up Ukraine: keeper - Pyatov defenders: Kobin,Myhalik,Chygrynsky,Oschipko miedf.: Aliev,Tymoschuk,Rotan,Konoplyanka strikers: Sheva,Milevsky :\ Miedfield and strikers should remain the same but defence could change. Probable line up Romania: keeper: Pantilimon defenders: Dananae or Maftei,Chivu,Rat,Tamas or Goyan miedf.: Roman,Ghioane,Radoi,Tanase strikers: Cristea,Bilasco Romania has good keeper and 2 good defenders-rat and Chivu.Not sure about miedf. and strikers. I think we will not loose this match but will we win it?M.Markevych is trying to play attcking football and i see Ukraine scoring today.Not sure how many as Pantilimon is ok keeper.If you take the fact that Ukraine never beat Romania before,they play in Lvov where they never lost before and they play under new coach then i see guys pushing for this one and trying to win it. I'll take my chance today and back Ukraine to win around evens. GL :ok
Some quick words about Romania. I believe it is the worst NT I have ever seen. In my opinion, we have only 3 good players at the moment: Chivu, Mutu and Marica. Only the first one was selected. Chivu had a press interview yesterday during which he explained the lack of results at national team level by the absence of real value in Romanian football. I guess it says all. I think the atmosphere around the team is bad. The coach is ambitious, but he is young and unexperienced. In my opinion, the result of this match will mainly depend on Ukraine performance. Since I don't know much about this team I will skip the bet.

Regarding England, I also think their price is too short for a friendly also. On paper we should win comfortably, but we were poor against Mexico, and the 3-1 scoreline flattered us. The team will be much changed, so might be one to watch to see how Japan respond to playing a top side in world football.
England team to face Japan tomorrow.... David James, Glen Johnson, John Terry, Rio Ferdinand, Ashley Cole, Theo Walcott, Tom Huddlestone, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, Wayne Rooney, Darren Bent. I really think we should dispatch this Japan side quite comfortably two or three nil. For some reason, I just can't get that 1-1 draw we had against them a few years ago, out of my head :unsure

And why do you think Turkey will win my friend?I was watching Turkey play against Irish B-squad and they didn not impress me at all.First half was boring as fcuk and only after few subs Turkey finaly won 2-0.USA lost 4-2 few days ago and if today they will play thier main players i just don't see you winning this.
Turkey didnt play with the first team also- Hiddink try all the players he wanna know the team. and i think they play pretty good (some players never played together) with a lil luck it could be 5-0. Usa will be hard to play againts and Turkey knows it.i believe they re going to do their best. what i think is for this match over 2,5

Let me enlighten you. First of all, the match played at noon and it was deadly hot like 39 celcius. The pitch was awful because they usually play american football at this pitch and this soccer game was the first soccer game which is for men. Before only women played there. Most importantly, in the first half Turkey played with subs after the second half improvement we could easly knock them like 5-0 but we did not give %100. For the USA game. Our people and our footballers do not like USA much because of our economical status and etc. I'm sure they will all fight with their heart they take this match very seriously. On the other hand, USA has a tournament to join players will hesitate with tackles, headers etc. Last time we played with USA in 2003 Confederations Cup and we won 2-1 with our modest squad. I watched last two games of Turkey and we play really good. Hiddink starting to understand our nature. We like to attack and this match he will give it to us.

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May I'll be backing that England team tomorrow. Read today that the Japan coach offered to resign after their defeat to Korea, which probably offers all the insight we need on that squads current morale. Also star player Nakamura is a big doubt.

Let me enlighten you. First of all, the match played at noon and it was deadly hot like 39 celcius. The pitch was awful because they usually play american football at this pitch and this soccer game was the first soccer game which is for men. Before only women played there. Most importantly, in the first half Turkey played with subs after the second half improvement we could easly knock them like 5-0 but we did not give %100. For the USA game. Our people and our footballers do not like USA much because of our economical status and etc. I'm sure they will all fight with their heart they take this match very seriously. On the other hand, USA has a tournament to join players will hesitate with tackles, headers etc. Last time we played with USA in 2003 Confederations Cup and we won 2-1 with our modest squad. I watched last two games of Turkey and we play really good. Hiddink starting to understand our nature. We like to attack and this match he will give it to us.
Thanks for the info :ok but i will skip this match probably.

England team to face Japan tomorrow.... David James, Glen Johnson, John Terry, Rio Ferdinand, Ashley Cole, Theo Walcott, Tom Huddlestone, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, Wayne Rooney, Darren Bent. I really think we should dispatch this Japan side quite comfortably two or three nil. For some reason, I just can't get that 1-1 draw we had against them a few years ago, out of my head :unsure
England should score 3-4 goals atleast there.Good squad and Japan from other side are really poor lately.Will be looking for England to beat handicap.

It amazes me just how prehistoric some of the views are from people from less developed countries like this.. It feels like we are living in 2010 and these people are living in 1810.... It;s going to be a good match for sure as both TEAMS will want to win this. USA want to redeem themselves after the loss to the Czechs, and Turkey are very bad losers.

Azerbaijan - Macedonia under 2.5 1.8 Betfair looks very good. Azerbaijan in the last 15 games played 11 under 2.5 and 4 over (two of them when they lost 4:0 in Germany and 0:6 against Spain) and I think they can not score many goals in this game as well. On the other side Macedonia missing 3 players in the attack who started on the last game against Montenegro (won 2:1). One of them is the most important Inter's player Goran Pandev who will have a rest,The other two are Ace Stojkov and Ilco Naumoski. Naumoski is also with a big influence in the attack a he is regular in the team. There will not be problem in the defense so this one for me is under.
Unlucky man,undone by 2 goals in the last 3 mins....keep it up....

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May still trying to see what game to plump for tomorrow in terms of both to score as i feel thats where the money lies in the friendlies. perhaps ivory coast paraguay

Ukraine v Romania Match will take place in Lvov (Banderstand :clap) where national team never lost before and where stadium is always almost full.Teackets are cheap so i expect many fans. Ukraine and Romania played 3 times before and Ukraine lost all 3 of them. In his interview for this match M.Markevych said he will play 90% of squad that played last time against Lithaunia.The only changes i see are Pyatov will take place in goal and also couple of Karpaty's (local team from Lvov that qualifyed to Europa League this season :tongue2) defenders will possibly start. But...after this match all best players will leave national team and in game against Norway we will play reserves and guys from U21 team. The situation in Romania much more intresting as R.Lucesku is trying to build a new team from young players.Romania lost their first friendly match this year at home to Israel 2-0. Probable line up Ukraine: keeper - Pyatov defenders: Kobin,Myhalik,Chygrynsky,Oschipko miedf.: Aliev,Tymoschuk,Rotan,Konoplyanka strikers: Sheva,Milevsky :\ Miedfield and strikers should remain the same but defence could change. Probable line up Romania: keeper: Pantilimon defenders: Dananae or Maftei,Chivu,Rat,Tamas or Goyan miedf.: Roman,Ghioane,Radoi,Tanase strikers: Cristea,Bilasco Romania has good keeper and 2 good defenders-rat and Chivu.Not sure about miedf. and strikers. I think we will not loose this match but will we win it?M.Markevych is trying to play attcking football and i see Ukraine scoring today.Not sure how many as Pantilimon is ok keeper.If you take the fact that Ukraine never beat Romania before,they play in Lvov where they never lost before and they play under new coach then i see guys pushing for this one and trying to win it. I'll take my chance today and back Ukraine to win around evens. GL :ok
They should always play matches in Lvov :) 3-2, never in doubt :dude

2.47 for the under 2.5 goals in the Serbia / New Zealand match It's being played in the mountains as part of the altitude training, both teams will tire early. All whites looked quite tight at the back against Australia last week, going down to a 2-1 defeat in the 94th minute. Serbs should have too much, but if they go 1 or 2 up earlt I can't see them having the legs to play for late goals
Good win for the All Whites, brought my unders in. I was tempted at have a patriotic punt at 11s but bottled it. Nice to set a marker down for the world cup, if Serbia can be beaten then so can slovakia in our opening match

Iceland are 1.74 to keep a clean sheet v Andorra with gamebookers. (Only place I could find it) Looks great odds. Iceland have only conceded 2 in their last 6 games. Kept a clean sheet against Mexico. Andorra are shocking only scored 3 in 10 world cup qualifying games and very rarely score away.
Good find. Good pick :ok

USA won 2-1. Remebre guys - always bet with your head,not with your heart :ok

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May Mexico -1.5 @ 2.02 (Bet365) Mexico have played well in their last two games, against England and Holland, well enough to suggest they'll win against Gambia, anyway. Regards Gambia, this is from Goal.com: ''Gambia coach Paul Put has called up over 20 players, most of whom are drawn from lower division leagues in Europe and the MLS in the USA. The squad list has not been drawn yet as the players are yet to confirm their participation in the match. Invitations have been sent to the players and once the players arrive, the squad list will be finalised. :unsure However, Abdou Darboe and Momodou Ceesay will feature against Mexico on Sunday. The 19-year-old Darboe will earn his third cap for the Scorpions while Westerlo striker Momodou Ceesay has settled his differences with coach Put after he refused to play against Angola and Tunisia. Sundsvall’s Aziz Corr Nyang also refused to play but he has not apologised and will miss out on Sunday's friendly. Pa Modou Jagne too will be absent against the Mexicans as he is suffering from a back injury.'' With every respect to Gambia, after reading that Mexico'll essentially be playing what sounds like a pub team, I'm on :lol

It amazes me just how prehistoric some of the views are from people from less developed countries like this.. It feels like we are living in 2010 and these people are living in 1810.... It;s going to be a good match for sure as both TEAMS will want to win this. USA want to redeem themselves after the loss to the Czechs' date=' and Turkey are very bad losers.[/quote'] I think this platform is for share opinions not for insult other countries or their national teams. I don't know where are you from but if you're not Spanish or German you can't call us loser because we reached the semis in the last big tournemant Euro 2008. And if you come Turkey in the future maybe you can see how developed we are. Lastly, i recommend you to watch your mouth on talking about us. Because we are very patriotic people.

I think this platform is for share opinions not for insult other countries or their national teams. I don't know where are you from but if you're not Spanish or German you can't call us loser because we reached the semis in the last big tournemant Euro 2008. And if you come Turkey in the future maybe you can see how developed we are. Lastly, i recommend you to watch your mouth on talking about us. Because we are very patriotic people.
He didn't insult you. English isn't your first language so it's understandable you misunderstood the phrase "bad losers". It doesn't mean they are bad and they lose. It means that they do not react well to defeat. It's not an insult.

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May England -1 H'cap v Japan @ 1.85 Sportingbet Hard to see past England winning this anything but comfortably, Capello's team will be strong throughout the 90 minutes with a host of talent. Japan have lost their last two friendly internationals and I struggle to see them stopping England.

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May Mexico - Gambia Mexico just can't stop playing friendlies in this monthsmile.gif. Their results: 0:0 against Ecuador (neutral, New York) 1:0 against Senegal (neutral) 1:0 against Angola (neutral) 1:0 against Chile (home) 1:3 against England (away) 1:2 against Holland (neutral ground, Freiburg, Germany) Against England Mexico played really well, but without any luck - some situation one on one with Robert Green, wasted. Post. Possession was: 66% to 34% for Mexico! More shoots than England, more shoots on target, more corners and what is even more important: England was lucky to score 2 0f their 3 goals. Johnson scored a cracker, he is not a specialist so probably this was his last goal scored in this way and Crouch scored from obvious off-side so Mexico really was without any luck. Few days later they played against Holland. I didn't watch that game, but 1:2 lost is not so bad. Again Mexico had more possession of the ball, more corners and similar number of shoots. Gambia: Gambia is on 93 place of the FIFA World Ranking. Without ANY star. Best players play in poor clubs in Scandinavian leagues, often second leagues than first. Some are also in Holland's or Belgium's lower divisions. Goalkeepers are real mess. This team is also unexperienced - only four players have 10 or more caps for National Team. The most experienced player, 28 years old central defender Lamin Conateh is... unemployed... Verdict: Mexico will back to the winning wayssmile.gif.