** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

International Friendlies > 2010

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May Wow, there is a massive jump in AH odds for England... Is there any news that might cause this ? Searched through the net, but I found no luck. It is quite a massive jump. -1.5 AH was 1.8 and now around 1.95+

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May I can confirm that Gambias goalkeeper sucks, he can do very nice saves a la Casillas style then some minutes later he can let a shot from 70 meters in, thats his level :clap

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May http://www.goal.com/en/news/1715/match-preview/2010/05/29/1946808/international-friendly-preview-chile-northern-ireland

Chile Chile coach Marcelo Bielsa will drop two players from his now trimmed squad of 25 and he will make the decision after the match against Northern Ireland on Sunday. Probable Lineup (3-4-3): Bravo; Contreras, Jara, Fuentes; Valdivia, Carmona, Cereceda, Fierro; Tello, Sanchez, Paredes
Is this starting 11, something like A team of Chile ?

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May

:welcome It looks like a mix of first team players and reserves. Obviously Suazo, and Fernandez are the obvious missing players. But, that team selection from goal might not be 100% accurate.

It's just a probable line-up. If it really concerns you, just go here twenty, fifteen minutes before the game: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/match?id=290883&league=FIFA.FRIENDLY&cc=5739

Wow, there is a massive jump in AH odds for England... Is there any news that might cause this ? Searched through the net, but I found no luck. It is quite a massive jump. -1.5 AH was 1.8 and now around 1.95+
I think this might be why mate.. For England, Fabio Capello makes seven changes to the side that started the 3-1 win over Mexico on Monday. In goal, David James replaces Rob Green while John Terry comes in for Ledley King at the centre of defence while Ashley Cole replaces Leighton Baines at left-back. In midfield, Tom Huddlestone and Frank Lampard will start instead of James Milner and Michael Carrick. Aaron Lennon starts on the left wing, replacing Steven Gerrard. Darren Bent comes in for Peter Crouch to partner Wayne Rooney up front. From BBC website.

my thoughts, both teams score alot of goals so was thinking both teams to score is a good bet
Korea are actually pretty strong in defence, and picking games where both teams score is a hell of a lot harder than you think. Korea @ 1.80 or so would probably be a better bet. They're in great form and there's a good chance they'll continue that against an average Belarus side. Also Belarus had half their first choice eleven missing in their last match, last week, and if it's the same case today, that'll obviously only help Korea's cause.

I think this might be why mate.. For England, Fabio Capello makes seven changes to the side that started the 3-1 win over Mexico on Monday. In goal, David James replaces Rob Green while John Terry comes in for Ledley King at the centre of defence while Ashley Cole replaces Leighton Baines at left-back. In midfield, Tom Huddlestone and Frank Lampard will start instead of James Milner and Michael Carrick. Aaron Lennon starts on the left wing, replacing Steven Gerrard. Darren Bent comes in for Peter Crouch to partner Wayne Rooney up front. From BBC website.
no England expert (who is?) but that looks if anything a stronger team than the one which faced Mexico.

no England expert (who is?) but that looks if anything a stronger team than the one which faced Mexico.
I'd agree with you in some respects.. Our defence is certainly stronger today, but I don't personally rate Huddlestone in the midfield. Having said that I thought Carrick and Milner were crap together against Mexico, so Huddlestone and Lampard will hopefully be an improvement. My other fear is Mr Bent upfront. I'd have much more confidence with Crouchy and Rooney as they're both proven goalscorers at international level. Anyway I'm still taking England on the -1.5 AH.

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May belarus is only missing 2-3 of their very very best players, otherwise a pretty strong team. I don't know the intentions of belarus for this game but for south korea, is experiment. all 6 subs will be used for sure, and the main area for experiment is to find the striking partner for Park Joo Young, and find the best dm.

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May England v Japan England to win to Nil @ 1.8 Betfair England go into this game giving a few fringe players the chance to prove themselves. It looks quite an attacking line up with Lennon and Walcott on the wings and Bent-Rooney up front. However they are starting with what I believe will be the first choice back 5 and they look solid at the back. Japan aren't in great form at all and seem to be lacking confidence so I would expect England to win. However, they are experimenting and are playing at altitude so I wouldn't be amazed if this is fairly tight and England don't cover the 1.5 handicap. For this reason I will take them to win to nil @ 1.8 which will be enough here.

He didn't insult you. English isn't your first language so it's understandable you misunderstood the phrase "bad losers". It doesn't mean they are bad and they lose. It means that they do not react well to defeat. It's not an insult.
dude, he quite clearly insults the guy: It amazes me just how prehistoric some of the views are from people from less developed countries like this.. It feels like we are living in 2010 and these people are living in 1810 thats pretty insulting

Umm that news had been out for quite a while. I read it before the price jumps. I'm pretty sure there must be something that bookmaker knows that we don't. Japan up 1-0 now hmmm... Regardless, thanks anyway mate.

Will Drogba and such play or ivory will use b-team any know?
From goal.com
  • Ivory Coast Probable Line-Up: Barry; Eboué, Tiene, Kolo Touré, Meité; Romaric, Zokora, Yaya Touré; Drogba, Gervinho, Dindane
  • Paraguay Probable Line-Up: Bobadilla; Da Silva, Caniza, Alcaraz, Vera, Rodriguez; Santana, Riveros; Gamarra, Barrios, Santa Cruz

Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June

Monday 31 May 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif South Africa v Guatemala (19:35 BST) 1.41 4.6 7.5 105.99 %
Tuesday 1 June 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Australia v Denmark (13:00 BST) 2.86 3.25 2.38 107.75 %
maximize.gif Switzerland v Costa Rica (19:15 BST) 1.61 3.9 6.2 103.67 %
maximize.gif Netherlands v Ghana (19:30 BST) 1.4 5 9.6 101.85 %
maximize.gif Portugal v Cameroon (19:30 BST) 1.72 3.75 5.6 102.66 %
Wednesday 2 June 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Azerbaijan v Honduras (17:30 BST) 4.2 3.55 2 101.98 %
maximize.gif Greece v Paraguay (17:30 BST) 2.9 3.4 2.38 105.91 %
maximize.gif Albania v Andorra (18:00 BST) 1.21 6.5 15 104.70 %
maximize.gif Romania v FYR Macedonia (18:00 BST) 1.72 3.8 5 104.21 %
maximize.gif Belarus v Sweden (18:30 BST) 3 3.35 2.25 107.63 %
maximize.gif Norway v Ukraine (18:30 BST) 2.2 3.35 3.25 106.07 %
maximize.gif Poland v Serbia (19:30 BST) 4.7 3.5 2 99.85 %
Thursday 3 June 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Spain v South Korea (17:00 BST) 1.33 5.6 10.5 102.38 %
maximize.gif Italy v Mexico (18:15 BST) 1.6 3.75 6 105.83 %
maximize.gif Germany v Bosnia-Herzegovina (19:30 BST) 1.36 4.7 9.8 104.81 %

Mexico -1.5 @ 2.02 (Bet365) Mexico have played well in their last two games, against England and Holland, well enough to suggest they'll win against Gambia, anyway. Regards Gambia, this is from Goal.com: ''Gambia coach Paul Put has called up over 20 players, most of whom are drawn from lower division leagues in Europe and the MLS in the USA. The squad list has not been drawn yet as the players are yet to confirm their participation in the match. Invitations have been sent to the players and once the players arrive, the squad list will be finalised. :unsure However, Abdou Darboe and Momodou Ceesay will feature against Mexico on Sunday. The 19-year-old Darboe will earn his third cap for the Scorpions while Westerlo striker Momodou Ceesay has settled his differences with coach Put after he refused to play against Angola and Tunisia. Sundsvall’s Aziz Corr Nyang also refused to play but he has not apologised and will miss out on Sunday's friendly. Pa Modou Jagne too will be absent against the Mexicans as he is suffering from a back injury.'' With every respect to Gambia, after reading that Mexico'll essentially be playing what sounds like a pub team, I'm on :lol
Cheers for this one mate. Followed you and Mexico looked totally dominant for most of the game (admittedly I only watched in patches). They covered the handicap quite comfortably in the end. :cheers

Mexico -1.5 @ 2.02 (Bet365) Mexico have played well in their last two games, against England and Holland, well enough to suggest they'll win against Gambia, anyway. Regards Gambia, this is from Goal.com: ''Gambia coach Paul Put has called up over 20 players, most of whom are drawn from lower division leagues in Europe and the MLS in the USA. The squad list has not been drawn yet as the players are yet to confirm their participation in the match. Invitations have been sent to the players and once the players arrive, the squad list will be finalised. :unsure However, Abdou Darboe and Momodou Ceesay will feature against Mexico on Sunday. The 19-year-old Darboe will earn his third cap for the Scorpions while Westerlo striker Momodou Ceesay has settled his differences with coach Put after he refused to play against Angola and Tunisia. Sundsvall’s Aziz Corr Nyang also refused to play but he has not apologised and will miss out on Sunday's friendly. Pa Modou Jagne too will be absent against the Mexicans as he is suffering from a back injury.'' With every respect to Gambia, after reading that Mexico'll essentially be playing what sounds like a pub team, I'm on :lol
I think when you're waiting to see who'll turn up for the game, it's never a good sign.

Cheers for this one mate. Followed you and Mexico looked totally dominant for most of the game (admittedly I only watched in patches). They covered the handicap quite comfortably in the end. :cheers
Ha. No prob.

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May Tunisia v France - France -1 H'cap @ 2/1 365 France were less than impressive against Costa Rica but a morale boosting victory anyway, I think they'll have far to much for Tunisia who have struggled recently in Friendlies. The last time the sides met France ran out 3-1 winners and I expect the French to win by at least two goals.

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May Im thinking a heavy france win here to send them off. 3 or 4 nil is my thinking, especially after the CR display. Also, anyone else noticed the frequent dissapearance of any Nigerian Live scores this last few weeks?

Im thinking a heavy france win here to send them off. 3 or 4 nil is my thinking, especially after the CR display. Also, anyone else noticed the frequent dissapearance of any Nigerian Live scores this last few weeks?
Columbia are winning 1-0

Im thinking a heavy france win here to send them off. 3 or 4 nil is my thinking, especially after the CR display. Also, anyone else noticed the frequent dissapearance of any Nigerian Live scores this last few weeks?
Why would a poor performance in their last game make you confident about a big win? If anything, I'd look at the Costa Rica game as a bit of a red flag. But they did win, I guess. Livescore never has disappearing games, mate. Edit: Tunisia take the lead :unsure

Why would a poor performance in their last game make you confident about a big win? If anything, I'd look at the Costa Rica game as a bit of a red flag. But they did win, I guess. Livescore never has disappearing games, mate.
Hence Tunisia take the lead after 6mins :\

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May You never heard of a team being spurred on by a defeat or does that usually mean you should lie down since you cant possibly win again? Tunisia scored first, yes, but a match is 90 mins.

Tunisia scored first, yes, but a match is 90 mins.
Totally agree. Looks like France's first choice eleven too, with maybe the exception of Henry out, for Govou, so you're right, no need to panic.