International Friendlies > 2010

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June 4pts South Africa -1.5 to beat Guatemala at 19/20 with Bet365 Guatemala failed to get past the third round of qualifying in their bid to get to the World Cup. They lost to Cuba and USA, drew both times against Trinidad & Tobago whilst their only win came at home to Cuba. Their only game this year was a friendly at home to El Salvador which they won 2-1. South Africa have 2 games before the World Cup and will see this as a good opportunity to get more confidence. After reading various articles its clear the public still has some doubts about the team going into the tournament so they will want to convince the nation that they can do something rather than go out at the first stage. Looking at both squads there is a huge gulf in class so im happy to take this price and hope the Africans go into the game with the right attitude.

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June

You probably don't know many players from Ukraine mate but someone else who knows our team would notice that all main strikers for Ukraine are out,also free-kick taker Aliev is out.That leaves us with young and unexperienced guys up front.they didn't play much together and Ukraine away record is not so great anyway.I see boring 0-0 or 1-0 to Norway.But if Ukraine win that one as well it will be big shocker even for me ;) Also i didn't say take Norway to win-i said lay Ukraine and under 2.5 ...
I was adding to your post. I don't think there will be many goals from Norway either, that's what I was trying to say :ok

South Africa to keep a clean sheet @1.72 Paddy Power I feel south africa will be too strong for guatemala with Sa unbeaten in their last ten outings but dont want to rely on SA having to score so therefore see this bet as good value :hope
After analyzing everything, i see South Africa clean sheet being the best bet of the game. I will be joining on that one :hope Also your Slovenia unders pick looks good might have a dabble on that aswel

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June The stand out games for me are Portugal and Holland to win in a double that pays just over even money. The dutch ooze class and Portugal can surely not be as bad as last time out. Both very winnable games. Looking over the next few days I also fancy a Romania and Italy double. Beware that both are on neutral grounds but Romania play a very average Macedonian side whilst Italy face Mexico who have been found wanting against both England (who played poorly yet still won 3-1) and Holland. Mexico come fresh from a 5-1 win however they seem to be playing more warm up games then anyone else so I see fatigue as a factor here as well. The double pays 2.67

Few words about Norway v Ukraine game. Ukraine team will fly to Norway without: Pyatov,Mihalik,Aliev,Milevsky,Shevchenko Markevych wants to give chance to young players like:Rakickiy,Yarmolenko,Stepanenko,Zozulya.Few players like Tymoschuk,Chygrynskiy and Gusev will remain in main squad to face norway. Also from now all players involved in matches for National team will get bonuses for every match they win.They already recieved good bonus for wins against Lithuania and Romania. Don't know Norway line up but at fisrt look my main bet will be LAY Ukraine and possibly under 2.5 goals.
We should field the same side that beat Montenegro Saturday, with the nice additions of the Riise brothers (Jon Arne from Roma, and Bjørn Helge from Fulham). I expect us to go 4-4-1-1:

Rune Almenning Jarstein Tom Høgli - Kjetil Wæhler - Brede Hangeland - J.A. Riise B.H. Riise - Henning Hauger - Christian Grindheim - Morten Gamst Pedersen Erik Huseklepp John Carew.

though we could end up going 4-5-1 as well. Noteworthy: - We are 34 games without loss at home under this coach (the same coach that led us to 2nd on the FIFA-ranking) - He loves that stat, and will do everything he can to keep it. Expect a defensive approach from the Norwegians.

We should field the same side that beat Montenegro Saturday, with the nice additions of the Riise brothers (Jon Arne from Roma, and Bjørn Helge from Fulham). I expect us to go 4-4-1-1:

Rune Almenning Jarstein Tom Høgli - Kjetil Wæhler - Brede Hangeland - J.A. Riise B.H. Riise - Henning Hauger - Christian Grindheim - Morten Gamst Pedersen Erik Huseklepp John Carew.

though we could end up going 4-5-1 as well. Noteworthy: - We are 34 games without loss at home under this coach (the same coach that led us to 2nd on the FIFA-ranking) - He loves that stat, and will do everything he can to keep it. Expect a defensive approach from the Norwegians.

after this i'm even considering adding norway to make my bet a treble along with holland and albania

Honduras have taken a massive tumble since the odds were released. Only Ajerbaijan fielding a much weakened side would convince me to take them.
Wouldn't such a fluctuation suggest a weaker Azerbaijan team or such? Personally, was set to take Honduras, and I still think 1.72 isn't too bad. Surely a side with the likes of Palacios and Suazo must be better than Azerbaijan? SA take the lead, yay!

Wouldn't such a fluctuation suggest a weaker Azerbaijan team or such? Personally, was set to take Honduras, and I still think 1.72 isn't too bad. Surely a side with the likes of Palacios and Suazo must be better than Azerbaijan? SA take the lead, yay!
You'd think, which is why I'd be after team news. My point is basically, Honduras have flattered to deceive, and were almost beaten by Belarus last week.

You'd think' date=' which is why I'd be after team news. My point is basically, Honduras have flattered to deceive, and were almost beaten by Belarus last week.[/quote'] It's all opinion, of course, but I'm still baffled by your lack of respect for Belarus. They're a lot better than you give them credit for and a lot better than Azerbaijan! In their last nine home games, only Croatia and England have won at Belarus. They've hosted Turkey, Argentina, and Ukraine during that time and avoided defeat against all of them. Honduras travelling to Belarus should be a 1X game - Honduras are massively inexperienced outside of North America and Belarus is such a tough away game. I'd prefer to see Honduras a little longer against Azerbaijan if it was in Baku but as it's in Austria I see no reason not to take Honduras at those odds. Azerbaijan are improving as a nation, specifically tactically, but not in front of goal. Honduras like most hispanic sides bring goals to games so I have to favour the Hondurans and back them at those odds. Good luck all!

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June I actually don't think a draw in Belarus is too bad, like Mozzi. Belarus are another one of those crazy teams that can draw with Argentina, then lose at home to a Luxembourg. Agree that it'd be much nicer to see a full-strength line-up, but with only one more warm-up game, at the weekend, I'd imagine it'd be taken fairly seriously.

South Africa -1.5 @ 2.05 (Bet365) This is based on the hope SA play a proper side, and don't use this one to audition people for the final 23. They're in decent form, unbeaten in ten under their new coach, and defensively are looking okay, so it'll hopefully just be the case of whether or not they can get the two goals. Guatemala have played two games in the last year, and I don't think offer much of a threat.
:lol

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June Holland, Honduras, Brazil treble @ 2.55 I think Honduras had a decent result in their last outing, at Belarus, which makes me optimistic for this one, where hopefully preparations will step up a notch. Azerbaijan are poor, and shouldn't deny Honduras here. Brazil are up against another Gambia/Guatemala, so a win is pretty much a formality, especially if they play a strong side, which I'm led to believe they will: http://www.world-cup-betting.me.uk/international-friendly-zimbabwe-v-brazil-wednesday-2nd-june.html Only reason I've included Brazil are to bump up Holland's odds. For Holland, Robben may not play, but I still feel the Dutch can maintain the momentum they've had going since pretty much the start of the qualifiers. The Ghana coach has stated ''everyone is going to play'' in their two warm-up games, which hopefully won't help them any here. Holland go up from 1.33 to 1.72 if stuck in this treble, which I think is backable.

Holland' date= Honduras, Brazil treble @ 2.55 I think Honduras had a decent result in their last outing, at Belarus, which makes me optimistic for this one, where hopefully preparations will step up a notch. Azerbaijan are poor, and shouldn't deny Honduras here. Brazil are up against another Gambia/Guatemala, so a win is pretty much a formality, especially if they play a strong side, which I'm led to believe they will: http://www.world-cup-betting.me.uk/international-friendly-zimbabwe-v-brazil-wednesday-2nd-june.html Only reason I've included Brazil are to bump up Holland's odds. For Holland, Robben may not play, but I still feel the Dutch can maintain the momentum they've had going since pretty much the start of the qualifiers. The Ghana coach has stated ''everyone is going to play'' in their two warm-up games, which hopefully won't help them any here. Holland go up from 1.33 to 1.72 if stuck in this treble, which I think is backable.
Where did you get 2.55 from? Hills is only giving 1.49

Where did you get 2.55 from? Hills is only giving 1.49
i think u got it wrong mate.Hills have it at @2.49 in decimal and @1.49 is in fractional ( this is what u use i believe) ;)

South Africa to keep a clean sheet @1.72 Paddy Power I feel south africa will be too strong for guatemala with Sa unbeaten in their last ten outings but dont want to rely on SA having to score so therefore see this bet as good value :hope
Happy Days :cheers

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June Italy v Mexico Italy win @ 1.77 Canbet England were priced at 1.54 or less to beat mexico and dont see Italy being that much less capable of winning this. I would price Italy around 1.66 so im willing to take these odds. :hope

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June Greece-Paraguay. Although Paraguay was very disapointing, we have to see that in the matches against Irlanda and Costa de Marfil, the development of this team was better than the first half, this is due mainly to the rotations he uses, the coach of Paraguay have an idea of what squad he will use in the world cup, and with few days to start the world best competition, he say that will use Barreto and Haedo to play against Greece and besides his titular goalkeeper Justo Villar will start this match. Three players who start against Costa de Marfil are discarded along with other four, so we will see a more competitive team, against a very defensive squad of Greece, but with these strikers I don´t have doubt they will get a win against Greece. At 2.5 it seems very good to me. Greece vs Paraguay (Neutral field) Paraguay @2.52 Betfair Stake:4/10

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June Haven't been backing football as much as I used to due to the Horses being successful for me over the last while but I'm having a good shot at the Australia vs Denmark game. I know it's only a friendly but I think Denmark are a far superior team than the Aussies who are a pretty ordinary side in my opinion, Kewell is a major doubt for them too. These two teams have only met once before, In 2007 in London, Where Denmark ran out 3-1 winners. Denmark had a good 2-0 win over Senegal a few days ago whilst Australia struggled to beat a poor New Zealand side 2-1. The Australia coach Pim Verbeek has already said that this game will only be considered as a competitive training session and there's a good chance alot of squad players will get their chance to shine against the Danes, And with all due respect, Their "squad players" are pretty poor. In the mean time the Danish have already picked their 23 man squad so they'll be fighting for starting positions rather than places in the squad, They're a very good team who topped a group that contained Portugal, Sweden and Hungary. In 10 games they've only conceded 5 goals and scored 16, Which is an average of 2.1 goals per game that they're involved in so the Under 2.5 Score Line @ 8/11 will have to be looked at. They're usually very good in defense and despite Bendtner being their main man up front he does quite well for them. In the Asian Qualifying which Australia partake in they had to play 14 games between round 3 and 4. (Weird Qualifying System) They Won 9, Drew 3 & Lost 2. They scored 19 and conceded 4. Which is an average of 1.6 goals per game if my calculator is correct, They're obviously defensively solid against the weak opponents they've faced in the Asian Qualifiers but this will be a big step up against the Danish. Schwarzer is a class goalkeeper and capable of keeping the Danes to a low score but I think with the Danes also being extremely solid at the back, Despite Kjaer being missing for this game, They'll still be able to keep Australia out. Plus Sorenson is a good goalkeeper also and Australia struggle to score goals at times. Bendtner being back for Denmark is a big plus. (Things must be desperate!) So I can see him bagging at least one hopefully. I'm definitely in the Denmark camp for this, They're a far superior team and despite this being a friendly there's lots at stake for both teams. I'll be having the following bets one I know the line ups ; May change some of them depending on who's playing etc but I'm hoping the Danish have a strong team out. Bets on a scale of 1-5pts ; (5 being the biggest bet staked)

1. 5pts on Denmark @ 5/4 (Boyles)
  2. 5pts on Under 2.5 @ 8/11 (Boyles)
  3. 1pt on Nicklas Bendtner* First Scorer @ 4/1 (Ladbrokes)
  4. 1pt on Denmark to win 2-0 @ 9/1 (SportingBet)

Total Staked : 12pts *Bet won't be placed if he's not starting. Happy Punting, And hopefully this will give me a few extra pound in anticipation of the World Cup. :)

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June Hey guys, just discovered this site, and really like the discussion that gets generated around here. Im an Australian and just thought i'd post some team news tonight for the Denmark game. Harry Kewell & Brett Emerton are definantly out missing this match, coach Pim Verbeek has been quoted as not caring about the result of the match and using it to give players a run and more focused on their performances, so expect to see 6 subs used, and Australia's depth just isn't too flash at the moment, so possibly the Danes could get on top in the second half. Probable line up ..................Schwarzer..................... Wilkshire....Moore....Neill.....Chipperfield ..........Grella.........Cullina.................. ....Garcia.........Cahill........Bresciano.... ...................Kennedy.......................

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June Hi Everyone, Im looking at over 2.5@ 1.77 for holland v ghana. No Essien, plus coach will be using this game as a squad test as he has staed in the media. Does anyone know how dutch coach's substituion policy in previous games is like and does this seem like a solid bet? Thanks :cow

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June Australia - Denmark draw @ 3.44 pinnacle Australia were very disappointing in their game with New Zealand prior to leaving for South Africa and it was only due to a last second goal that they managed to beat their neighbours. What to take from that performance is that their coach Verbeek continues to look at not conceding a goal, as being his one and only priority, as he is a stickler for playing the 4-5-1 system, but the flankers rarely get forward or when they due, it is too play to support the front man. While they have arrived early in South Africa and they will have had the benefit of gettting used to training and playing at altitude compared to Denmark, the Danes do play a similar game to the Australians, with a solid defence and a hard working midfield. Denmark have a good central defence pair in Agger and Kroldrup which should be able to negate the aerial presence of Kennedy and Cahill for Australia, while expect the Australians to be much more compact in defence than what they showed against the New Zealanders, with Tomasson and maybe Bendtner there, they will be much more alert for this game, as the feeling was they underestimated the Kiwi's. Expect this game to be bogged down in midfield as both sides mirror each other, with much of the emphasis on the physical side of the game. Though the Danes could be considered slightly techincally better, they both play well as a team, which makes both teams hard to break down. Like the look of both teams cancelling each other out here