International Friendlies > 2010

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June

Can someone please supply in depth analysis into the Germany bosinia game and also how seriously the germans are likely to take this friendly regarding squad rotation. Cheers :cheers
:welcome Toto. We tend to discourage posts just asking for opinions on PL, as they don't really add anything to the forum. If you give us your thoughts on the game, then you're more likely to get a response. You must have an opinion to ask in the first place. ;)

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless I have misunderstood there are the usual inconsistencies in the Hills markets for the Zimbabwe v Brazil game..they have on so many goal markets there are often screw ups, in that they offer essentially the same bets at different odds.. Was browsing the markets for the game, as previously stated this is a strange game to be arranged and is fair to say has been set up as a morale booster for a v.solid Brazil team to get a few goals against a hugely inferior side.. Both teams to score (Option no) is 1.8 which is still a good price, Brazil to win to nil is 1.67 and there are a few other Zimbabwe not to score markets priced up at that same 1.67..then you have Brazil to be the only team to score which looks to me to be a massive 1.91 considering who they are playing.. This Brazil side, perhaps unusually, has a very good back line and defensive midfield base, its prob not the best going forward that we have seen but they should have far too much for a team ranked 113 in the world (and it appears they will be playing a strong side in this game), Brazil have not conceded in the last 4 games 3 of which were friendlies..this is obviously an error on Hill's part but imo it is one we should be taking advantage of, and I certainly putting a fair amount on it..
Prices have all dived in the last 5 hours or so, the 1.91 I got is now 1.53 on hills..managed to get the -1EH @ 1.4 now 1.28 (bet365) and the -2EH 2.05 now 1.66 (paddyp)! Hoping to give the bookies a kicking on this..also got 3-0, 4-0, 5-0 correct scores..

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June That -2 price is getting battered everywhere. Was gutted to miss the 21/20 but then 19/20 and 10/11 dissappeared unbelievably quickly this morning. Both within seconds of me depositing money into my account. Even the 4/9 has gone. Fingers crossed Brazil can get the job done or those people who appear to be lumping on, espescially those at 4/9, could stand to lose alot.

Unless I have misunderstood there are the usual inconsistencies in the Hills markets for the Zimbabwe v Brazil game..they have on so many goal markets there are often screw ups, in that they offer essentially the same bets at different odds.. Was browsing the markets for the game, as previously stated this is a strange game to be arranged and is fair to say has been set up as a morale booster for a v.solid Brazil team to get a few goals against a hugely inferior side.. Both teams to score (Option no) is 1.8 which is still a good price, Brazil to win to nil is 1.67 and there are a few other Zimbabwe not to score markets priced up at that same 1.67..then you have Brazil to be the only team to score which looks to me to be a massive 1.91 considering who they are playing.. This Brazil side, perhaps unusually, has a very good back line and defensive midfield base, its prob not the best going forward that we have seen but they should have far too much for a team ranked 113 in the world (and it appears they will be playing a strong side in this game), Brazil have not conceded in the last 4 games 3 of which were friendlies..this is obviously an error on Hill's part but imo it is one we should be taking advantage of, and I certainly putting a fair amount on it..
Ive noticed this aswell mate. A tip for everyone betting on a team to keep a clean sheet ALWAYS CHECK THE BOTH TEAMS NOT TO SCORE ODDS ASWELL AS THESE CAN BE HIGHER. Weird as your also covering either team to keep a clean sheet!!!!

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June Serbia and Honduras are certain, but thinking about adding Romania or Paraguay... Any news about the Romania game? Only thing I know is Pandev doesnt play for Macedonia.

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June Brazil V Zimbabwe Under 10 corners @1.91 StanJames Brazil dont tend to play for corners and I expect them to control this game from start to finish. Keeping posession of the ball and generally keeping it in play. :hope

That -2 price is getting battered everywhere. Was gutted to miss the 21/20 but then 19/20 and 10/11 dissappeared unbelievably quickly this morning. Both within seconds of me depositing money into my account. Even the 4/9 has gone. Fingers crossed Brazil can get the job done or those people who appear to be lumping on, espescially those at 4/9, could stand to lose alot.
I think lumping on a team to win by three goals is a mistake..I did it once last season in the Chelsea v Cardiff FA Cup game when Chelsea did do it in the last 5 mins (after I had had about 5 heart attacks) but it really is a hell of an ask to require a team to win a game by at least 3 goals regardless of who they are playing..it is understandable though in this game as Brazil wont have played a side as poor as this for a while.. I understand they will have to play a pretty strong side (difficult for them to play a weak side anyway!) as they are being paid a reported 1.8m for playing there..dont ask me how a broke country like Zimbabwe can pay that kind of money, I guess it is more of a political statement as if they can get the best sporting team in the world to play there it is safe for cricketers (after the recent tour problems they have had) et all to play there.. I am a bit of an odds watcher and keep my eye on games I have bet on to see how the price changes and this one really has dived all over in a way I havent seen for a while, maybe because it was a friendly it just flew under the radar, I mean I got the -1EH for 1.4 on bet365 which is now the same price as they are offering for the -2EH!! -2EH is now best priced 1.57..

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June Greece vs Paraguay under 2.5 goals @ 1.60. This is the last friendly that these two sides will play before the World Cup. Greece in recent years has been know as a defensive since Rehhagel took over and after conceding four goals in its past two games im expecting them to sort out its defence before the world cup. On the other hand Paraguay only conceded 16 goals in its 18 games it played to qualify for the world cup and averaged 1.3 goals a game in qualifying.

I think lumping on a team to win by three goals is a mistake..I did it once last season in the Chelsea v Cardiff FA Cup game when Chelsea did do it in the last 5 mins (after I had had about 5 heart attacks) but it really is a hell of an ask to require a team to win a game by at least 3 goals regardless of who they are playing..it is understandable though in this game as Brazil wont have played a side as poor as this for a while.. I understand they will have to play a pretty strong side (difficult for them to play a weak side anyway!) as they are being paid a reported 1.8m for playing there..dont ask me how a broke country like Zimbabwe can pay that kind of money, I guess it is more of a political statement as if they can get the best sporting team in the world to play there it is safe for cricketers (after the recent tour problems they have had) et all to play there.. I am a bit of an odds watcher and keep my eye on games I have bet on to see how the price changes and this one really has dived all over in a way I havent seen for a while, maybe because it was a friendly it just flew under the radar, I mean I got the -1EH for 1.4 on bet365 which is now the same price as they are offering for the -2EH!! -2EH is now best priced 1.57..
Maybe Zimbabwe have paid Brazil not to win aswell. lol.. Zimbabwe are @2.68 +2.5

Agree with everything you say. Personally, i was not looking to lump on it at all espescially as it is a friendly so close to a major tournament. In my opinion there is no value left in the market and to see prices continue to fall from odds so low in markets with so much risk amazes me.

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June I may be punished, but I don't see Brazil playing balls out just a week from the start of WC...they will substitute freely and work on some things, stay healthy number one. Taking Zimbabwe +3 @ 2.3 and under 4 @ 2.4.

I may be punished' date=' but I don't see Brazil playing balls out just a week from the start of WC...they will substitute freely and work on some things, stay healthy number one. Taking Zimbabwe +3 @ 2.3 and under 4 @ 2.4.[/quote'] I done it too. Zimbab 2.5+ @2.80....

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June Sport Football (Internationals) Event 06:30 PM Azerbaidjan - Honduras Selection Honduras Strength 10/10 Date 02/06/2010 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.66 (Back) Reasoning Azerbaidjan is certainly a modest team.They lost last friendly match with Macedonia,score 1-3.Honduras will play at World Cup and they will try to make a good result for to gain confidence for World Cup.Honduras obtained a draw with Belarus,score 2-2,in last friendly match for them.Honduras played reasonable with Belarus,so I guess here they can win this match relatively easy. Sport Football (Internationals) Event 08:30 PM Serbia - Poland Selection Serbia Strength 10/10 Date 02/06/2010 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.73 (Back) Reasoning After the defeat with New Zealand,score 0-1,Serbia must to wash the shame and to win with Poland.Serbia will play at World Cup this month and will try a good result for to have a high morale.Poland missed the qualification for World Cup,but they comes after good results this year,last match being with Finland,score 0-0.However,Serbia is certainly the better team here and I expect a victory for them.Pantelic,Lazovic or Zigic can be the decisive players.

Event Serbia - Poland
Selection Serbia
Strength 10/10
Date 02/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 1.75 (Back)
Reasoning After the poor result against New Zealand , i think that Serbia will give the right answer today, against a powerful team like Poland. Against New Zealand, Serbia rested too much players. They didn't take that game seriously. Another result than a win today would result on loose of confidence and low morale before the World Cup. Serbia will give everything to make a good game tonight. They have lots of quality players and they are well trained too. Great qualifying campaign showed to us that we can count with good results on this summer, starting today.

Event Romania - Macedonia
Selection Romania
Strength 10/10
Date 02/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price 5Dimes @ 1.65 (Back)
Reasoning Worst than the defeat at Ukraine (2-3), was the performance of the team. Today they have to clean their image, facing Macedonia, who will be without their main star Goran Pandev. Like this, another result than a win would start a wave of criticism around the national team, and no one wants it. After two consecutive defeats (against Israel they lost 2-0), Romania for sure will give another image and they will win this game, playing with more organization after so many experiences on the last two games.

Weekend > Friendly Internationals > 4th / 6th June

Friday 4 June 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Japan v Côte d'Ivoire (11:20 BST) 4.1 3.5 2.1 100.58 %
maximize.gif France v China (17:00 BST) 1.2 7 26 101.47 %
maximize.gif Luxembourg v Faroe Islands (18:00 BST) 2.1 3.55 3.65 103.19 %
maximize.gif Slovenia v New Zealand (19:45 BST) 1.45 4.6 9 101.82 %
Saturday 5 June 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Netherlands v Hungary (13:00 BST) 1.24 6 17 103.19 %
maximize.gif South Africa v Denmark (13:15 BST) 2.64 3.25 2.7 105.69 %
maximize.gif USA v Australia (13:30 BST) 2.37 3.45 3.2 102.34 %
maximize.gif Ghana v Latvia (15:00 BST) 1.73 3.95 5.7 100.66 %
maximize.gif Slovakia v Costa Rica (16:00 BST) 1.88 3.55 4.2 105.17 %
maximize.gif Algeria v United Arab Emirates (17:00 BST) 1.8 3.7 4.5 104.80 %
maximize.gif Romania v Honduras (18:30 BST) 1.83 3.6 4.3 105.58 %
maximize.gif Serbia v Cameroon (19:30 BST) 2.02 3.5 4 103.08 %
maximize.gif Switzerland v Italy (19:45 BST) 3.1 3.4 2.25 106.11 %
Sunday 6 June 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Nigeria v Korea DPR (14:00 BST) 1.61 3.6 5.5 107.87 %

Re: Weekend > Friendly Internationals > 5th / 6th June It'll be worth looking to see if some or most of these fixtures are to be played on one of those horrendous training pitches. USA V Australia could be another unders game.

Event Norway - Ukraine
Selection Norway
Strength 10/10
Date 02/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 2.13 (Back)
Reasoning Andryi Shevchenko and Milevsky will both miss this game against Norway. They are the attack of Ukraine and their absence will increase the problems facing Norway. Norway plays at home and the support of their fans can be very decisive in this game. Norway, despite they will miss the next World Cup, they are on great form. They won all their last four friendly games. They have the full squad in this game to face Ukraine, while the visitors are resting some players beside the two i've mentioned: Alliev and Piatov are two of them.

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June Sorry,have little time but... Ukraine's possible line up: Keeper: Dikan Defenders: Gusev,Chygrynsky,Rakickiy,Oschipko Miedf.:Tymoschuk,Rotan,Konoplyanka,Oleynik Strikers:yarmolenko,Zozulya Some of the playres are very young and unexperienced but will try to impress coach. As far as i know Norway with full squad.In last 3 matches between us Norway is winless and also scoreless so i think today they will try to take revenge :lol May be a bit risky but my bets are: Norway to win @2.10 Ukraine not to score @2.70 GL :ok

Re: Friendly International Livescore Chat thread

Sport Football (Internationals)
Event Serbia-Poalnt
Selection Serbia to win
Strength 10/10
Date 02/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 1.73 (Back)
Reasoning I am late with this bet. Odds are dropping. Serbian coach Radomir Antic will play with strongest team here against not so strong team from Poland. Serbia have better players in all positions and no dobut that will win here after they lost 0-1 against New Zeland.

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June Italy vs. Mexico This is a very important match for Italy tomorrow. They are one of the only sides yet to have played a WC warm up match. They have been in a training camp working alone on the sides potential tactics. Lippi has been experimenting with the 4-2-3-1 and this is what they look set to use tomorrow. "We will try the tactical line-up (4-2-3-1) that we have tested in the past few days, using a variety of players." This is good news for the squad which should be far more receptive to this formation than the previously used 4-3-3. However the positions are far from settled. There is a lot undecided about this side. Various defenders have been used and the same goes for up front. There are but a few absolutely cemented positions right now. Gigi will of course be in goal. No more need be said about that. Chiellini is missing tomorrow so the defence will probably look something like Zambrotta - Bonucci - Cannavaro - Criscito. I think that would be the better line-up but it is unsure how much Lippi trusts Criscito in a back 4. If not that then Zamby will go LB and Maggio will come in RB. I feel confident in either defence to be honest. It would be nice to watch Bonucci and Criscito as they are very promising. Absolutely no doubt Pirlo and De Rossi will be the holding midfielders. It is well known that Pirlo does need protecting in order to show his best in matches. De Rossi is an all action player who can mix it in the tackles and provide the attackers too. A perfect partnership that should flourish in this system. Up front is where things get dicey. Rather unbelievably it is rumoured that Marchisio could start as the central of 3 behind the striker. Why Lippi feels he could be better there than Cossu or Rossi I don't know - but apparently he does. I can't really see that working out too well but you never know. Marchisio does have some attacking attributes but using him as your central link between midfield and attack doesn't seem too bright to me. Pepe and Di Natale are probably going to start either side of him. I don't rate either of them at this level and we will probably be shown why pretty soon. Gila will likely start up front but is not in good form to say the least. He had a poor finish to the season. The other options are very unpredictable. There is not much to suggest that that front four can trouble any top defences. This is a team that will need to be looked at very carefully over the next two games. In truth Italy could still go into the groups 'experimenting' and come through but they need to be top to ensure the best draw. Right now I see a solid defence with two excellent midfielders shielding and creating. However up front things aren't happening for me. There is not one top player in that front four. Little outright creativity and a striker that absolutely has to be served in order to score. Mexico have played a lot of games already and will play their strongest side. I watched against England and they played well on the ball. I doubt they will receive masses of pressure on the ball until further into the Italian half. I am confident in our defence though and would be surprised to see it breached more than once - at most. I would not want to take Italy with too much confidence - although they are around evens right now. Instead I feel much better about the unders in this game. Not a great price by any means but an outcome that is very feasible. 0-0 or 1-0 either way would be smart bets I think. Under 2.5 goals - 1.74 - Betfair - Low/medium stakes.

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June Poland-Serbia Tipp:Poland(+1)@2,10 and Poland@5,00 Stake:8/10(Poland(+1)) and 2/10(Poland) Bookmaker:Bet365 Starting date:02.06.2010 20:30 Serbia is preparing for the World Championships, however the team from Balkans is in the hopeless form. 4 days ago Serbs in the hopeless style lost with New Zealand. New Zealand is a amateur team, weaker than Poland for at least 2 classes. Serbia lost fully deserving. Serbs played fatally. Serbs game was very slow and predictable. Footballers played very chaotically, they lacked the idea for the game. The defence played very unsteadily. Serbia really is in the hopeless form. Serbia through the entire match practically didn't threaten amateurs from New Zealand. In quite other situation is Poland. Poles didn't qualify to World Championships and they are playing friendly matches. However, how the coach Smuda is saying-these friendly matches are very important for the team. Footballers are giving their all and they want to show themselves to coach Smuda. 4 days ago Poland drew with Finland 0-0, however Poles played phenomenally. It was is one of the best matches in carrying out Poles in last years!!! Poland played fantastically. Poles played fastly, with panache and they created many,many goalmouth situations for themselves. Poles should win this match very, very high, but an effectiveness was missing. Impressed an easiness, with which Poles created goalmouth situations for themselves. Poland played very fastly, often from the first ball. Poles often played very fast, combinative football. I couldn't see Poland playing so great a long time ago. Poland played very wisely and coherently. Defence acquitted herself very confidently. Phenomenally are functioning wings. Side defenders are also playing superbly. In the outstanding form is Mierzejewski, who in the match with Finland-made his debut in the staff. Great also are acquitting themselves Błaszczykowski, Piszczek and Sadlok. In the match with Finland attackers disappointed a little, however today they will have the chance for the rehabilitation. Lewandowski in the match with Finns played poorly, however today he will certainly want to show that he is a top-class footballer. His potential is huge. In the entrance we will see Fabianski. Goalkeeper with the enormous potential. Recently in the club for him slip-ups happened, but today he will certainly focus himself and he will show that he is great goalkeeper. Poland will play today without Jeleń and Żewłakow, but on their positions there are really many top-class players in the staff and these weaknesses won't influence the game of the team. Poles will play today very offensivaly. In the defence in Żewłakow place will access very talented centre defender-Glik. From the left defence to one's nominal position-centre of midfield, will be moved Dudka. And this is, in my opinion, very good move of the coach Smuda. Dudka is an excellent defensive midfielder and he will be useful to team. Before him will appear Mierzejewski, who is in the phenomenal form and very, very fast winger Peszko. In the attack we will see Lewandowski and very talented Nowak, who is negotiating with a few clubs and the good performance will certainly help him. In the attack will also play Błaszczykowski, who is in outstanding form. Błaszczykowski will be playing on the right wing, however he will have very offensive tasks and officially he will play today, as attacker. Serbia certainly won't be today this way motivated, like Poland. Competitors of Serbia will think in order not to catch injury before World Championships. Coach perhaps will save a few competitors. Poland is in much better form. I think that Poland will win this match.

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June I didn't see the previous Poland match but we seem to have two very conflicting opinions on it. I personally hope the former was correct as there are a few of us on Serbia tonight. Dealer dil is the poster of the other report.

Holland' date= Honduras, Brazil treble @ 2.55 I think Honduras had a decent result in their last outing, at Belarus, which makes me optimistic for this one, where hopefully preparations will step up a notch. Azerbaijan are poor, and shouldn't deny Honduras here. Brazil are up against another Gambia/Guatemala, so a win is pretty much a formality, especially if they play a strong side, which I'm led to believe they will: http://www.world-cup-betting.me.uk/international-friendly-zimbabwe-v-brazil-wednesday-2nd-june.html Only reason I've included Brazil are to bump up Holland's odds. For Holland, Robben may not play, but I still feel the Dutch can maintain the momentum they've had going since pretty much the start of the qualifiers. The Ghana coach has stated ''everyone is going to play'' in their two warm-up games, which hopefully won't help them any here. Holland go up from 1.33 to 1.72 if stuck in this treble, which I think is backable.
The pitch definitely didn't help, but even so Honduras should of done what was needed. Hopefully the pitch may help the underdog in my next bet: South Korea AH + 1.5 @ 2.06 (Betfair) I like Korea and think they're gonna have a good World Cup. They used an ''experimental'' side in their defeat to Belarus last time out, I think, and coupled with the bad conditions and it being their first game ''at altitude'' I'm not gonna get too carried away with that result. Spain are hopefully gonna make a few changes, but even if those changes are not too disruptive, I'm still hopeful this time Korea'll do themselves justice.

Re: Weekend > Friendly Internationals > 4th / 6th June A couple I like for Friday. The overs in Japan V Ivory Coast are suspiciously high, but never the less, I shall go with that....... Japan V Ivory Coast OVER 2.5 goals @ 2.3 - Betfair. Japan should find this a tough examination,. and it should be a good test for when they face Cameroon in the World Cup proper. Neither Japan or Ivory Coast have a tight enough defence to suggest either can keep the other out here. Japan have conceded seven in their last three friendlies, while Ivory Coast conceded two against Paraguay earlier in the week, and two in March against South Korea. With Drogba and Dindane leading the line, I fancy them to sneak the win. The one concern I have is that this game is being stretched into three halves of 45 each. How that will play out, regarding substitutions and whether the bet will concern all three halves, is anyone's guess. Obviously, this one has already been mentioned on the other thread... Slovenia V New Zealand UNDER 2.5 goals @ 1.93 - Betfair. Strangely this is rising. Not sure why.... Slovenia had the best defence in qualifying for the World Cup, while New Zealand lack any real goal threat at this level. I expect a committed performance from NZ, and for them to get in the faces of Slovakia.

Re: Weekend > Friendly Internationals > 4th / 6th June On the first sight i like Ghana and USA. Americans have solid team, and if the game will be played on their soil, 2.20 something looks quite tempting. Latvia is only a mediocre European side, Ghana should take care of them but don't know where the match will be played...

Re: Weekend > Friendly Internationals > 4th / 6th June New Zealand vs Slovenia The rise in the odds for unders means to me that Eslovenia have big chances to beat New Zealand with difference of goals, Serbia poor outcome against the All Whites is explained because his coach put many men that will be discarded in the definitive squad. I don't have doubt that Eslovenia will win this match, keep clean sheet, because they play as a well organized team and have a better deffense that Eslovaquia; for put an example, Eslovenia win 2-0 Eslovaquia, England 2-1 Eslovenia, this numbers give good indicators that Eslovenia is a good level team and will win this match, against an unexperienced NZ squad. New Zealand vs Eslovenia Eslovenia @ 1.46 Betfair Stake:5/0 Eslovenia -1@ 2.25 Sportingbet Stake:3/10 Eslovenia Clean Sheet @ 1.61 Willhill Stake:2/10