** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

International Friendlies > 2010

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Weekend > Friendly Internationals > 4th / 6th June Okay Holland looks cool, but is there any accurate info about the probable line up of Holland ? They would definitely win with any kind of squad, but beating the handicap hugely depends on Robben, Sneijder, van Persie etc.

Re: Weekend > Friendly Internationals > 4th / 6th June

New Zealand vs Slovenia The rise in the odds for unders means to me that Eslovenia have big chances to beat New Zealand with difference of goals, Serbia poor outcome against the All Whites is explained because his coach put many men that will be discarded in the definitive squad. I don't have doubt that Eslovenia will win this match, keep clean sheet, because they play as a well organized team and have a better deffense that Eslovaquia; for put an example, Eslovenia win 2-0 Eslovaquia, England 2-1 Eslovenia, this numbers give good indicators that Eslovenia is a good level team and will win this match, against an unexperienced NZ squad. New Zealand vs Eslovenia :clap Eslovenia @ 1.46 Betfair Stake:5/0 Eslovenia -1@ 2.25 Sportingbet :clap Stake:3/10 Eslovenia Clean Sheet @ 1.61 Willhill :unsure Stake:2/10 Japan vs Cote d Ivore :clap Pick:Cote d Ivore Stake:6/10 Cote de Ivore Clean Sheet @2.4 PaddyPower :clap Stake:4/10 And Paraguay pays, a good week despite the sorpresive outcomes.
16 units net profit. :drums

16 units net profit. :drums
Good job. I had Slovenia too, but stuck them with France :lol I think one or two in here gave a bit too much credit to New Zealand, who I really think are a poor side. Ghana @ 1.67 (William Hill) I imagine the odds were more acceptable earlier in the week, but I'm confident in Ghana, so I'll go with it. I don't think the Ghanaian's are as bad as the 4-1 reverse at Holland suggests, and will be plenty motivated to get a result in their last warm-up match. Latvia are a mediocre side, and as Dealer_Dil already mentioned on page one, will be minus several key players.

Re: Weekend > Friendly Internationals > 4th / 6th June Winning Margin, Holland to win by 1 goal @ 4.00 (Bet365) Obviously a wee bit of a long shot, but I think there's a chance Hungary can keep the score down tomorrow. They're the sort of side that usually keeps things tight, and I think will be looking to put up a sterner resistance than in their last match, the 3-0 home defeat to Germany.

Re: Weekend > Friendly Internationals > 4th / 6th June Just went on the straight Holland win tommorow. Was a bit freaked by the France score etc to bugger about with unders/overs for this. Wait,we will see a goal fest now!

Re: Weekend > Friendly Internationals > 4th / 6th June South Africa @ 2.60 (Various) I think SA are a decent side, and I fancy them to qualify ahead of France and Uruguay. A win here, in their last warm-up, would be a big bonus, and I'm sure they'll be plenty motivated. Denmark have spoken of the difficulties they're having with altitude and the new football (http://www.goal.com/en/news/468/internationals/2010/06/04/1957924/international-friendly-preview-south-africa-denmark) and with no Bendtner, I think SA can nick the win.

Okay Holland looks cool' date=' but [b']is there any accurate info about the probable line up of Holland ? They would definitely win with any kind of squad, but beating the handicap hugely depends on Robben, Sneijder, van Persie etc.
True, but at least 2 of them will play IMO.

Re: Weekend > Friendly Internationals > 4th / 6th June I will also back Ghana JC22, in their last preparation match they can't do experiments with his squad or taking this match with laziness, it's in another thread but I think France will have many problems in his World Cup matches, for taking this matches very lightly.

Winning Margin' date= Holland to win by 1 goal @ 4.00 (Bet365) Obviously a wee bit of a long shot, but I think there's a chance Hungary can keep the score down tomorrow. They're the sort of side that usually keeps things tight, and I think will be looking to put up a sterner resistance than in their last match, the 3-0 home defeat to Germany.
GL with this.....they could have lost about 6-0 to Germany with the chance they had, so I personally think Holland will open them up today.....but, you never know.....

Re: Weekend > Friendly Internationals > 4th / 6th June U.S.A. V Australia is being played on that same narrow little training pitch that Australia faced Denmark on. For that reason, and the fact neither side are offensively strong, I have taken UNDER 2.5 goals @ 1.66 - BET365. U.S.A. will miss Jozy Altidore.

Re: Weekend > Friendly Internationals > 4th / 6th June I also quite fancy Italy today @ 2.44 - Betfair. I think there may have been a knee jerk reaction to the defeat Italy suffered at the hands of Mexico this week. Well, that was Mexico, who will create chances home or away against anyone. Switzerland lost at home to Costa Rica, and I don't particularly rate them that much, and are certainly of lesser quality than Mexico. I think if this was a competitive game, Italy would be much lower, so I'm happy to take the over priced odds on the current world champions making up for the loss against Mexico. I also like Ghana @ 1.79 - Betfair. Not sure why the odds are rising :eyes But, they are facing an experimental Latvian side in MK Dons before flying out to South Africa.

Re: Weekend > Friendly Internationals > 4th / 6th June I don't rate Switzerland toooo highly but they are an okay side and can cause problems for alot of teams if your not on your game, but you can't trust the Italians in such games although I expect them to improve on the last game.. I prefer the LAY of Switzerland tbh with highish stakes, and a small stake on Italian WIn as a bonus. :ok

Re: Weekend > Friendly Internationals > 4th / 6th June just had a feeling that with the spate of injuries to some world cup bound players;drogba, ballack etc,most teams may have been advised by their coaches to take things easy.maybe why the odds is rising.I am wary of this friendlies so close to the world cup.just my opinion tho

Re: Weekend > Friendly Internationals > 4th / 6th June South Africa look decent enough value @ 8/5. They've really gotten their act together and look much much better recently. Last game at home in front of their fans and up against a relatively poor Danish side who've recently lost to Austria and Australia. Home win for me. Ghana at 10/11. Up against Latvia today in a match they'll be desperate to impress in. This is the same team that got to the final of the ANC lest we forget. A young, quick team who should have enough to win today. Italy @ 7/5. People are completely over-reacting to the Mexico game here I think. Mexico are a decent side, much better than the Swiss in my eyes. Italy have their problems no doubt but they're still a decent outfit who will certainly want to change the public perception and the mind of Lippi in this game. Trying also to find some value in the Dutch game as I can see them completely overwhelming the Hungarians who have been poor recently but can't seem to find anything too tempting. Might just wait and hope there's no goals in the first 20 min or so and bet in play.

Re: Weekend > Friendly Internationals > 4th / 6th June 6d142d9f-b0d5-49d4-8fb4-d40dfc8930fc_VELDJE~1.gif This is probably the starting eleven of Holland. Now i saw this.... Holland will win both halves @ 2.00 betfair they have too much power for hungary P.S something else that caught my attention..look at the goals of each player! Its amazing to have a starting eleven with 6 players having scored 9+ goals! so goals can come from everywhere!!

Re: Weekend > Friendly Internationals > 4th / 6th June On the Holland game. I feel that holland should win the First half. odds of 1.50. It doesn't usually take them too long to score goals, so with a strong side out they shoudl win the first half. If Holland don't win the first half i'll look at backing them in the 2nd half to win it as the odds will be greatly increased. Holland to win first half @ 1.50 :hope

Re: Weekend > Friendly Internationals > 4th / 6th June Just a note regarding the Italy game. I read in the newspaper yesterday that Italy would pretty much be fielding their reserve team against Switzerland. This is probably why the price is good. I'm not an expert on Italian football or anything and the information could have been wrong but just wanted to make people aware. A resereve Italian team could still be strong enough to win of course but being away from home as well, it is a factor that should be considered.

Ghana @ 1.67 (William Hill) I imagine the odds were more acceptable earlier in the week, but I'm confident in Ghana, so I'll go with it. I don't think the Ghanaian's are as bad as the 4-1 reverse at Holland suggests, and will be plenty motivated to get a result in their last warm-up match. Latvia are a mediocre side, and as Dealer_Dil already mentioned on page one, will be minus several key players.
Winning Margin' date= Holland to win by 1 goal @ 4.00 (Bet365) Obviously a wee bit of a long shot, but I think there's a chance Hungary can keep the score down tomorrow. They're the sort of side that usually keeps things tight, and I think will be looking to put up a sterner resistance than in their last match, the 3-0 home defeat to Germany.
South Africa @ 2.60 (Various) I think SA are a decent side, and I fancy them to qualify ahead of France and Uruguay. A win here, in their last warm-up, would be a big bonus, and I'm sure they'll be plenty motivated. Denmark have spoken of the difficulties they're having with altitude and the new football (http://www.goal.com/en/news/468/internationals/2010/06/04/1957924/international-friendly-preview-south-africa-denmark) and with no Bendtner, I think SA can nick the win.
Took a shot, on Hungary :lol

Re: Weekend > Friendly Internationals > 4th / 6th June Living a charmed life it seems for the mean time. Italy and Serbia scraping goals back. Go for the throat lads! Italy are looking slightly stronger this time round but the Swiss have less pace that the South Americans. Ill be very interested to see how they fare in the WC.

Midweek > International Friendlies > 7th - 9th June

Monday 7 June 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Tanzania v Brazil (16:00 BST) 70 19.5 1.06 100.90 %
Tuesday 8 June 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Portugal v Mozambique (15:30 BST) 1.15 10 23 101.30 %
maximize.gif Spain v Poland (21:00 BST) 1.21 8 17 101.03 %
Wednesday 9 June 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Chile v New Zealand (19:45 BST) 1.32 5.25 10 104.81 %

Re: Midweek > International Friendlies > 7th - 9th June The New Zealand coach has stated that this game will be used for the fringe players. From the quotes I've seen he sounds like a guy who's proper World Cup preperations are finished with too, so Chile could be worth a handicap, especially if they're at home?

Re: Midweek > International Friendlies > 7th - 9th June Spain versus Poland Spain play on their home ground, at Murcia. In some fragments I will quote myself, because I already wrote much about Poland 4 days ago. Our most well-known player at the moment - striker Ireneusz Jeleń is out, he play great in Ligue 1 this season and now is linked with Olympique Marseille. He already left the squad before match against Serbia. Against Spain are available dmc Murawski from Rubin, universal defender Zewlakow from Pireus, and right defender Kowalczyk from Dinamo who were out for match against Serbia. The only doubt is Lukasz Piszczek. About Piszczek I wrote something more: Piszczek (ex-Hertha player, since next season at Dortmund, probably as a cover for Owomoyela) is for me a player who was too weak for playing in attack or as a winger so in club decided that he can be nice right full-back. Personally, I like when defender defending at the first place, defenders like G Johnson from Liverpool who is great when it comes to attack, but not so good when it comes to play in defense are simply not in my type. GK: Now it's Tomasz Kuszczak's time. He is 2nd in Man U, but under Smuda he is 1st in Poland National Team. He is really decent goalkeeper for me, he played 14 times this season for Man U including Champions League and domestic cups. When he play for Poland he had some silly mistakes, the famous was against Columbia, before World Cup 2006, another could be against Romania in 2009 or Bulgaria in this year, but he got lucky those times. I hope he will finally play with full confident for our NT. Defenders: I still think that our defense is our main weakness, but maybe Polish defense will be better, because we should see Kuszczak - 2nd goalie from Man U and Murawski - defensive midfielder from Rubin who were unavailable in last two games. I don't know who will choose Smuda this time. Maybe Marcin Kowalczyk on the right defense, because he was injured and can't play against Serbia and everybody talking that Smuda likes this player. Also Zewlakow should be Central Back again. Midfielders: On right wing "Kuba" Blaszczykowski from Borussia Dortmund, not so hot as in last season, but still very influential player, with better technique than any other from Poland's players. Against Serbia Smuda used another right midfielder Peszko as a left winger, but he did not fell well as a left midfielder. Matuszczyk played only 2 minutes against Serbia so maybe he will start this time. All Polish newspapers are writing that dmc Murawski from Rubin will play for sure from the first minutes, he is good player, probably the best defensive midfielder which we have at the moment. Strikers: Lewandowski the top goalscorer in our domestic league. At the moment he is unhappy, because he really wants to move to Borussia Dortmund, but his club want more money and Germans don't want to pay more. He was good against Bulgaria in March, but three days ago against Finland he play on poor level. Against Serbia shoots few times, some good paces, but still all expecting more from him. Nowak played bad against Serbia so maybe young Sobiech will get chance from first minute? I know that Spain could be too much for this player, but coach Smuda does not care much about this, he always said that players can improve their skills when they play against world class opponents. Overall view: Spain was disappointment in last friendlies against Saudi Arabia and South Korea, both wins by a one goal margin. Poland should display more open play than Spain's last opponents so we could see more goals.

Re: Midweek > International Friendlies > 7th - 9th June Tanzania - Brazil, Goal after 86:59? No &1.83 bet365 5/10 A new bet offered by bet365 I believe, have never seen it on offer before and this one represents nice value. Of course I have no idea at all about Tanzania but that doesn't matter. It's a friendly game so I cannot imagine there being more than 3 added minutes, however I can imagine that there is no additional time at all should the score be 5:0 to Brazil. It can turn out that Brazil score 2 goals after 86:59 but still before the game these odds are great considering that Brazil will not be figthing for their lives and will have probably done the damage much earlier :hope

Re: Midweek > International Friendlies > 7th - 9th June

Tanzania - Brazil' date= Goal after 86:59? No &1.83 bet365 5/10 A new bet offered by bet365 I believe, have never seen it on offer before and this one represents nice value. Of course I have no idea at all about Tanzania but that doesn't matter. It's a friendly game so I cannot imagine there being more than 3 added minutes, however I can imagine that there is no additional time at all should the score be 5:0 to Brazil. It can turn out that Brazil score 2 goals after 86:59 but still before the game these odds are great considering that Brazil will not be figthing for their lives and will have probably done the damage much earlier :hope
Yeah, that's a good spot. GL.