International Friendlies > 2010

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June

Hi Everyone, Im looking at over 2.5@ 1.77 for holland v ghana. No Essien, plus coach will be using this game as a squad test as he has staed in the media. Does anyone know how dutch coach's substituion policy in previous games is like and does this seem like a solid bet? Thanks :cow
:welcome to PL. Holland made three substitutions in each game against U.S.A. and Mexico. Please could you add the bookmaker you are using when making a selection, that way people can follow you easily :ok

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June Right now I keep thinking back to the Portugal game. If you layed the total goals markets, you could have got 0-0 at odds of 50. I actually had a small amount on that because the key thing here is it is a friendly game, and friendlies often play against expectations, which is why I've made these two bets: Correct Score Unquoted @ 16 Betfair Total Goals 7+ @ 72 Betfair I remember the last game between these two teams. I was on Denmark 4/5/6-0 (in play) and remember being slightly disappointed because the Danes had so many opportunities (it ended 3-1 Denmark). Australia, who fielded a weakened side that day, also had quite a few chances. Tonight everyone is talking about unders and competitive qualifying records, and I think the case for unders is quite strong. However, it is my feeling, based on the nature of friendlies and also the previous game, that if the game does go over, then it is going to do so emphatically. Also, I've taken HT/FT Aus/Denmark @ 30 (Also Betfair). Verbeek will play close to a full strength side, and the "stars" who do miss will take no part at all. Cahill and a few other notables came off at HT or just after against New Zealand and a similar thing may happen here. Basically, Australia with their best available side are more than capable of taking an early lead, whilst Verbeek's likelihood of taking those players off increase the chance of a Danish fightback. I should point out that these are just value bets and are not for serious stakes. However, I do feel that they meet the requirements of a good bet, which is to have a higher likelihood of occurring than the odds suggest, which is why I'm quite happy to put these up, no matter how many of you think I'm crazy right now ;)

Denmark -1/2 AH @ 2.00 with Betus :hope Holland -1 1/2 AH @ 2.05 with Betus :hope And oh, I don't trust those Portugese, one of those match that can cost you big.
Why do you feel confident in these selections? We'd like to see some more reasoning on these please. Otherwise, pure selections only can go here ..... http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f6/midweek-bets-31-may-03-june-102955/

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June Unless I have misunderstood there are the usual inconsistencies in the Hills markets for the Zimbabwe v Brazil game..they have on so many goal markets there are often screw ups, in that they offer essentially the same bets at different odds.. Was browsing the markets for the game, as previously stated this is a strange game to be arranged and is fair to say has been set up as a morale booster for a v.solid Brazil team to get a few goals against a hugely inferior side.. Both teams to score (Option no) is 1.8 which is still a good price, Brazil to win to nil is 1.67 and there are a few other Zimbabwe not to score markets priced up at that same 1.67..then you have Brazil to be the only team to score which looks to me to be a massive 1.91 considering who they are playing.. This Brazil side, perhaps unusually, has a very good back line and defensive midfield base, its prob not the best going forward that we have seen but they should have far too much for a team ranked 113 in the world (and it appears they will be playing a strong side in this game), Brazil have not conceded in the last 4 games 3 of which were friendlies..this is obviously an error on Hill's part but imo it is one we should be taking advantage of, and I certainly putting a fair amount on it..

Why do you feel confident in these selections? We'd like to see some more reasoning on these please. Otherwise' date=' pure selections only can go here ..... [url']http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f6/midweek-bets-31-may-03-june-102955/
My bad, noob here. :cry Holland as known are one of the least team that take all matches seriously, with Ghana that tend to play collectively, they somehow lack of the quality Holland have, I fancy a 2-0 here. Denmark, I personally think that with or without Nicklas Bendtner doesn't really matter in scoring goals, Australia will try to hold them with 5 midfielders, although names like Vincenzo Grella and Tim Cahill may give big contribution, their national team experience haven't talked that loud.

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June Portugal vs. Cameroon I am not sure if this has been mentioned already but I like the unders in this match. Portugal at the very least have shown that they are good at the back keeping clean sheets in their last 6 matches. They have clearly got some problems of their own to iron out after their 0-0 against Cape Verdes but they don't seem to be defensive issues. Pretty much a fulls strength line-up for them. Pepe not back yet but other than that it seems full strength. I haven't actually watched much of Cameroon at all in recent memory. Not a huge fan of African football to say the least and I'll be careful to avoid too much stereotyping. They are a physical side if nothing else with pace and power throughout - as most African sides do. One of the better sides on the ball but still nothing special. They have their main player Etoo playing although he will undoubtedly be as miserable as ever. They'll be strong and pose enough threat to keep Portugal ont heir toes but they are nothing special. All-in-all I expect a pretty tight game between two sides with a little to work out prior to the WC starting. Portugal may come out and go crazy after their last result but I'll take that chance. Under 2.5 goals - 1.76 - Betfair

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June Portugal x Cameroon It's going to be a tough game. Portugal won't start the match with its full strength and Cameroon isn't that bad as well. Carlos Queiroz, Portugal's coach, said that we won't be seeing Portugal's best team until de WC. He also said that during the game a few players will be tested. I think the first half will be the best one for Portugal. If they manage to win the first half, the second will be great for some tests and is based on this that I'll put my money on Portugal HT @ 2.20 at Betsson.

Portugal x Cameroon It's going to be a tough game. Portugal won't start the match with its full strength and Cameroon isn't that bad as well. Carlos Queiroz, Portugal's coach, said that we won't be seeing Portugal's best team until de WC. He also said that during the game a few players will be tested. I think the first half will be the best one for Portugal. If they manage to win the first half, the second will be great for some tests and is based on this that I'll put my money on Portugal HT @ 2.20 at Betsson.
:welcome to PL :ok Good post.

Re: Friendly International Livescore Chat thread Match: Holland - Ghana Bet: Holland (-1) (AH) Odds: 1.53 @ 10bet Holland with much better team here, only Robben will miss but he'll be replaced with van der Vaart and i can't see that being a problem. Ghana will miss their Chelsea star Essien and first choice goalkeeper but even with them i would take Holland, which obviously has no problems with motivation under Maarwijk. Odds for clear HW are bit too short so i'll take this as an alternative. My call is 2-0 after 90 mins. GL.

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June Serbia at those odds is a really good bet! I expect that odds will drop fast. First of all, Serbia will field their strongest line-up and want grab a win after disappointing match against New Zeeland (who showed that they are not pushovers for sure). Now with some additions like Stankovic from Inter, Krasic from CSKA Moscow or Ivanovic from Chelsea (Rukavina who played as right defender against New Zeeland made mistake which cost a goal so it's good for Serbia that Ivanovic will back on right defence) they should play much better. I also think that Serbia have more respect for Poland than for New Zeeland. If you have more respect you are also more motivated, more concentrated. Yeah, I know that we have anonymous players and that we are out of World Cup 2010, but we also eliminated Serbia in quals to Euro 2008 so maybe little revenge;)? On the other hand Poland has many problems at the moment: Our most well-known player at the moment - striker Ireneusz Jeleń is out, he play great in Ligue 1 this season and now is linked with Olympique Marseille. But his out, out are also most experienced defender Michał Żewłakow from Olympiacos Piraeus and defensive midfielder Rafał Murawski from Rubin Kazan. Left defender Kowalczyk from Dinamo Moscow is doubtful, but should play even if will not be 100% fit. In this match, in goal we will see Lukasz Fabianski, Arsenal's 2nd goalkeeper, but in my opinion he should be 4th! Because of his clumsiness Arsenal was eliminated in domestic cups, lost first match against Porto in Champions League knock-out stage (Fabianski should be blamed on both goals), in Premier League because of his mistakes Arsenal lost 3:2 to Wigan and 2:1 to Blackburn. He is able to keep clean sheet only when he has nothing to do! (like for example against Man C - 0 shoots on target). Many mistakes, absolutely uncertain when it comes to play in air, without commanding skills, also bad communication, especially when he will play with first time with some of ours defender. In defence we should see: Piszczek on the right, Wojtkowiak and Dudka as a CB's and Kowalczyk as left defender. Piszczek (ex-Hertha player, since next season at Dortmund, probably as a cover for Owomoyela) is for me a player who was too weak for playing in attack or as a winger so in club decided that he can be nice full-back. Personally, I like when defender defending at the first place, defenders like M Johnson from Liverpool who is great when it comes to attack, but not so good when it comes to play in defence are simply not in my type. Centre of the defence with Dudka and Wojtkowiak also looks bad, they did not play much together. Wojtkowiak in his club play often as a right defender and Dudka play also as a left defender or defensive midfielder so they are not typical central defenders. On the left we should see Marcin Kowalczyk from Dinamo Moscow, he is doubtful, but should play. If he will be not 100% fit, I doubt if he will be able to stop Milos Krasic. In midfield we probably see Sadlok-Matuszczyk-Peszko at the centre, Blaszczykowski on the right side and Rybus on the left. Sadlok and Matuszczyk are young players, and that's cool, BUT I don't know why Sadlok is defensive midfielder when at club he play as centre back. I also don't get it why Peszko should play as a central midfielder? He is a right winger, maybe he will be able to play on left wing, but in the centre? I'm not sure is this good idea. On right wing "Kuba" Blaszczykowski from Borussia Dortmund, not so hot as in last season, but still very influential player, with better technique than any other from Poland's players. On the left side young Rybus from domestic league. He is talented, but last season was very average, his club struggled and finish on 4th place. Rybus played bad - only 2 goals and only 1 assist from player who played almost all matches for his team is a joke. In attack Lewandowski the top goalscorer in our domestic league. At the moment he is unhappy, because he really wants to move to Borussia Dortmund, but his club want more money and Germans don't want to pay more. He was good against Bulgaria in March, but three days ago against Finland he play on poor level. All expecting more from him. Last Poland's match was 0:0 at home against Finland couple of days ago. In this game they were surely some positives like fast, nice passing between 20th minute to 35th, but then it was nothing special, not so many clear chances, no goals. What is worse is our defence: post and crossbar in first half saved as. Also old legend Jari Litmanen was able to destroy our defence with one pass, but his team-mates were unable to finish his work. What is sad for me is that many people, even our coach was satisfied from this performance. Everybody talks something like "this was good game, many chances, the only problem is finishing". For me it's not true, because our defence sucks, and our offensive potential is good, but we still have problems not only with finishing, but also with making clear chances to score. It's frustrating, because we play open football, we don't use many defensive-minded player, but we still have problems in attack. Summary: Poland has poor goalkeeper and extremely shaky defence. Serbia has big offensive power. Poland has promising offensive player who still have problems with creating chances and finishing so I expect that Vidic, Ivanovic, or Subotic will be able to stop our young players. I expect that Serbia will win, because Poland is simply too poor on defence.

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June Supreme write-up dealer_dil, I jumped on Serbia when they were 1.8. They'll be highly motivated to make up for that loss vs. New Zealand. Could work as a good trade as well, wouldn't be surprised if they fell down to 1.65 at kick-off.

Sport Football (Internationals)
Event Portugal-Cameroon
Selection Portugal to win
Strength 10/10
Date 01/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 1.67 (Back)
Reasoning Portugal had a lot of problems to came to world cup. They played three games with 0-0 in group stage and it could cost them a lot. They had a luck and came to extra qualifications where won two times 1-0 against Bosnia but there Portugal had also a lot of chance coz Bosnia could and should win already in Portugal but failed to score and that eliminated them. So Portugal came to WC. Now preparing for WC Portugal show their bad sides again. Just few days ago they played 0-0 friendly game with Cape Verde. Its unbolivable but true!! They will play this game at home in Portugal and i think that they will finally score some goals. They are in group with Brazil, Ivory Coast and North Korea. No easy opppnent here. All team are strong in defence. Portugal will play first game against Ivory Coast and alreadt that first game can decide wich team will progress from this group tougheder with Brazil coz they are big favorite. So Portugal need to find way to score goals. Cameroon isnt so strong as they were before. Sammuel Eto is bigest name there, but he isnt also so good as he was before. I think that Cameroon will have very difficult to create goal chances against Portugals strong defence. My pick here is home win with max stake.

Sport Football (Internationals)
Event Holland-Ghana
Selection Holland to score two or more goals
Strength 10/10
Date 01/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Nordicbet @ 1.45 (Back)
Reasoning Holland is one of teams that can make surprise on this world cup. They have quality players at all positions and surely will be one of favorites. They won 2-1 against very strong Mexico just few days ago. So i think that Holland will win todays game against Ghana with many goals. I watched Ghana when they played against Bosnia in friendly game. They are not so strong and their defence is very confused. They are in group with Serbia, Germany and Australia. Ghana will not progress from this group coz Serbia and Germany are two big favorites. I think that Gahana cant stopt Holland here to score some goals. My pick is that Holland will score two or more goals in this game. Odds 1.45 at Nordicbet

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June Netherlands V Ghana + 1.5 @ 1.87 - BET365. I feel the odds offered on Holland here are slightly on the skinny side for what is a meaningless friendly. Holland will be without Robben, otherwise they are mainly at full strength. I'm not too bothered by the absence of Essien tbh as Ghana have Asamoah and Muntari still, which imo still gives them a pretty strong midfield base. Kevin Prince Boateng is likely to be making his debut after switching allegience from Germany to Ghana, and knowing him well enough by now, I think he'll be out to impress. A player often underestimated because of his attitude, and off field persona. Holland have not beaten a -1 handicap in their recent three friendly internationals here, and only really ran away with the scoreline against Japan last September. I expect Ghana to show a lot more in terms of physical style of play, and with Ghana playing their first pre WC warm up game, I expect players to be out to impress and fresh. I don't expect Holland to lose for one minute, but there are more questions than answers where Ghana are concerned, and I can see them surprising a few with a solid performance. I'd expect Holland to be more likely to put a few past Hungary at the weekend.

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June I am going to sit this Holland match out. It will be interesting to see how they combat a very physical side like Ghana. I'd still get on Holland if the odds were a bit better. I'll be watching intently.

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June 1.35 Holland 1.62 Switzerland 1.68 Portugal Just for THought...... If these 3 sides were Layed, and Staked the Same amount of Units against each Team, you would only need one side not to win, to gain profit. If two sides fail to win then large profit gains. I seriously will be dumbstruck if these 3 sides roll out winners tonight. Unreliable Teams and friendly games.. This is probably where my money will be going tonight.

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June Zimbabwe-Brazil - Brazil -2 goals @ 21/20 - >Hills. Reasoning: I think Brazil should cover this handicap with relative ease considering the quality difference between the 2 sides, Zimbabwe are ranked 109 places below their opponenents - even if Brazil play a few reserve players I still expect them to cruise here, I think they would be disappointed with a 2-0 scoreline considering the expectations of the team - even if it is a friendly. Definite value IMO. Brazil -2 @ 21/20 with >Hills bigokay.gif

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June I am going to jump on the Serbia bandwagon. They had a poor 1-0 defeat against New Zealand in Austria over the weekend and their pride seems to have been dented. I read reports today that the Serb fans were very unhappy and rioted?? after the match. Vidic has apologised in the press stating that they will put it right. Poland's last few results have been ok but they were very poor in their qualifying campaign and a Serbia team with a point to prove along with a few key players returning should be able to get the win. Serbia @ 1.79 Betfair

1.35 Holland 1.62 Switzerland 1.68 Portugal Just for THought...... If these 3 sides were Layed, and Staked the Same amount of Units against each Team, you would only need one side not to win, to gain profit. If two sides fail to win then large profit gains. I seriously will be dumbstruck if these 3 sides roll out winners tonight. Unreliable Teams and friendly games.. This is probably where my money will be going tonight.
Comfortable little profit. Was hoping for 2 teams though :ok

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June Brilliant write-up from dealer_dil 4pts Serbia to beat Poland at 4/5 with Coral Serbia's fans reacted angrily after their defeat against New Zealand and i expect them to be fully motivated for this game. It seems as though they will have some of their key players starying tomorrow such as Koralov and Stankovic with the hope that they can recover some confidence heading into the World Cup. They beat both Japan and Algeria comfortably before that loss against the Kiwi's whilst they proved what they are capable of when qualifying for South Africa. I think Poland have some talented players but they had a poor qualifying campaign and lost their last friendly against a team of any quality when losing 3-1 to Denmark. Overall, i think this is a fairly good price considering i feel Serbia are more organised, are better in attack and have real motivation going into this game. The fact this is being played at a neutral venue is the main reason why the stake is a bit on the low side.

Event Azerbaijan - Honduras
Selection Honduras
Strength 10/10
Date 02/06/2010
Bookmaker/Price Coral @ 1.73 (Back)
Reasoning Honduras is qualified for the World Cup and their defense is needs to be improved. She is the big responsible for the three winless games they made. But they are very strong on the attack. With the World Cup getting closer and closer, the main target of Honduras in this game is not concede goals and i am sure that against Azerbaijan they will score at least one. A win on this game is very important to grow up the morale level of the team. Even more important due to the last bad result against Bielorrussia (2-2). I am confident that Azerbaijan will be too much weak against this Honduras.

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June Match: Serbia - Poland Bet: Serbia @ 1.80 Bookmaker: Ladbrokes Game will be played in small town called Kufstein, Austria, and total capacity of local stadium is 7500. Serbia will this time field their best lineup after dissapointing defeat against New Zealand. Coach Antić will most likely use many substitutes like his colleague in polish NT, but that is where i also see certain advantage for Serbia cause they have wider selection of quality players. Poland under Smuda didn't impressed so far. I watched the bit of game vs Finnland and was again dissapointed by their lack of creativity and imagination in offense. Also, they are too slow and unstabile at the back and i can't see any reason for optimism regarding Polish NT. Of course, this is only a friendly but difference in class is on Serbian side, and i think they will also be motivated enough cause losing to NZ and Poland before WC can affect their morale in a negative way.

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June Interested in betting on the brazil game Ive had a look but cant seem to find what lineup brazil will go with, ive gone for 4/9 that brazil win the first half and 4/5 that brazil win both halves both at willhill. zimbabwe shudnt really pose any threats and brazil should waltz it

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June I agree with the picks of Honduras and Serbia, also I want to stress that Paraguay is a good choice for me, prices haven't moved and we can take Paraguay at 2.52 in betfair, at that price I'll take with high stakes, why: Paraguay was very disapointing in his game against Ireland, but you more than I know that Irish soccer is very though and that they have almost clasify to World Cup. But that was the first friendly of Paraguay, Serbia lost his first game against New Zealand; means that, that Serbia is not candidate to pass the phase of groups? Or that the level of Switzerland is below Costa Rica? Or that Saudi Arabia is at the same level of Spain?Coach of the teams need to play with all the squad they have, to discard some elements, that was what happen with Paraguay, with Ireland the sustitution of Sergio Aquino bring more offensive power to Paraguay who make 1 goal in the second time, Ireland couldn´t do another goal. Besides, the squad that played against Ireland is different that the squad that played Cote d Ivore, again, Paraguay lose 2-0 first time, with the sustitutions of Sergio Aquino (again), Lucas Barrios, Paraguay draw the game with the best of the african teams, both Ireland and Cd'I are serious rivals, now coach Martino will bring minutes to Haedo and Cardozo, and will play with Barrios, Aquino, Santa Cruz and Villar as goalkeeper. We will see another face of Paraguay team, better than the face he show in second time of past matches. Against a team of the level of Greece they will impose. How I say, at 2.52 is a gift for me. Greece vs Paraguay (Switzerland) Pick:Paraguay @ 2.52 Betfair Stake:4/10

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June Honduras @ 1.67 (Ladbrokes) Obviously a game which will Honduras use for building confidence. Azerbaijan according to my information doesn't take this match too seriously while Honduras is in the process of raising their form for the upcoming WC. Azeri coach said he'll give opportunity to some unproven youngsters instead of main stars cause he wants to see on how many players he can count. Quality in difference is heavily on Honduran side which has some very solid EU-based players like Figueroa, Palacios, Suazo etc.

Re: Midweek > Friendly Internationals > 31st May - 3rd June Price on Brazil -2 gone from 19/20 with 4/9 by the time i deposited money into my account and went to bet on the market! No bet now, post edited to remove tip.