** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

International Friendlies > 2010

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May

I'm tempted by Honduras on Thursday. Belarus V Honduras @ 2.26 - Betfair. Belarus are an industrious Eastern European international side that I rate above the Andorra's of European football, but still around the same mark as Latvia or Albania.
really nice joke jase or your knowledge of continental football equalls zero...

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May Denmark vs Senegal Denmark are a pretty solid side. After this friendly they will depart for SA. They have named a squad of 26 players for this match and they are as follows: Goalkeepers: Thomas Sorensen, (Stoke), Jesper Christiansen (Copenhagen), Kim Christensen (IFK Goteborg), Stephan Andersen (Brondby) Defense: Daniel Agger (Liverpool), Lars Jacobsen (Blackburn Rovers), Patrick Mtiliga (Malaga), Per Kroldrup (Fiorentina), Simon Busk Poulsen (AZ Alkmaar), Simon Kjaer (Palermo), William Kvist Jorgensen (Copenhagen) Midfielders: Christian Poulsen (Juventus), Christian D. Eriksen (Ajax), Daniel Jensen (Werder Bremen), Jakob Poulsen (Aarhus), Michael Silberbauer (Utrecht), Mikkel Beckmann (Randers), Thomas Enevoldsen (Groningen), Thomas Kahlenberg (Wolfsburg), Dennis Rommedahl (Ajax), Jesper Gronkjaer (Copenhagen), Martin Jorgensen (Aarhus), Michael Krohn-Dehli (Brondby) Forwards: Jon Dahl Tomasson (Feyenoord), Nicklas Bendtner (Arsenal), Soren Larsen (Duisburg) While I am not greatly familiar with a lot of these players there are some notable players. Sorenson is a good enough 'keeper who is very experienced. Agger and Kjaer are very good defenders and I am sure would be great to watch together. Kroldrup is decent. In midfield Poulsen is experienced if nothing else, while Eriksen is a promising midfielder. Gronkjaer, Kahlenberg, Jorgenson and Romedahll are names I am familiar with but cannot expect miracles from. The designated forwards look like they could be the biggest problem. Tomasson and Bendtner are a pretty uninspiring partnership that I would not want to rely on too much. Pretty solid and could cause a few isssues but against bigger sides far from good enough. I am not sure just how this Danish side set up, but from what I know a 4-4-2 would be logical. They have a good enough spine to the team to be competative in the WC and should have enough to beat a Senegal side on home soil. I am not expecting thrilling football and perhaps the focus will be more on solidity than anything else but they have proven themselves in qualifying to be a pretty handy team. I myself can't see a rout so I'll take under 2.5 goals as opposed to a straight Danish win. Danish clean sheet looks appealing at 2.14 but I don't want to place too much faith in an unseen outfit. Under 2.5 goals - 1.85 - Betfair - Medium stakes. Correct score - 1-0 - 7.6 - Betfair - v. light.

Could you please put forward your own thoughts for analysis and debate :ok

Denmark vs Senegal Denmark are a pretty solid side. After this friendly they will depart for SA. They have named a squad of 26 players for this match and they are as follows: Goalkeepers: Thomas Sorensen, (Stoke), Jesper Christiansen (Copenhagen), Kim Christensen (IFK Goteborg), Stephan Andersen (Brondby) Defense: Daniel Agger (Liverpool), Lars Jacobsen (Blackburn Rovers), Patrick Mtiliga (Malaga), Per Kroldrup (Fiorentina), Simon Busk Poulsen (AZ Alkmaar), Simon Kjaer (Palermo), William Kvist Jorgensen (Copenhagen) Midfielders: Christian Poulsen (Juventus), Christian D. Eriksen (Ajax), Daniel Jensen (Werder Bremen), Jakob Poulsen (Aarhus), Michael Silberbauer (Utrecht), Mikkel Beckmann (Randers), Thomas Enevoldsen (Groningen), Thomas Kahlenberg (Wolfsburg), Dennis Rommedahl (Ajax), Jesper Gronkjaer (Copenhagen), Martin Jorgensen (Aarhus), Michael Krohn-Dehli (Brondby) Forwards: Jon Dahl Tomasson (Feyenoord), Nicklas Bendtner (Arsenal), Soren Larsen (Duisburg) While I am not greatly familiar with a lot of these players there are some notable players. Sorenson is a good enough 'keeper who is very experienced. Agger and Kjaer are very good defenders and I am sure would be great to watch together. Kroldrup is decent. In midfield Poulsen is experienced if nothing else, while Eriksen is a promising midfielder. Gronkjaer, Kahlenberg, Jorgenson and Romedahll are names I am familiar with but cannot expect miracles from. The designated forwards look like they could be the biggest problem. Tomasson and Bendtner are a pretty uninspiring partnership that I would not want to rely on too much. Pretty solid and could cause a few isssues but against bigger sides far from good enough. I am not sure just how this Danish side set up, but from what I know a 4-4-2 would be logical. They have a good enough spine to the team to be competative in the WC and should have enough to beat a Senegal side on home soil. I am not expecting thrilling football and perhaps the focus will be more on solidity than anything else but they have proven themselves in qualifying to be a pretty handy team. I myself can't see a rout so I'll take under 2.5 goals as opposed to a straight Danish win. Danish clean sheet looks appealing at 2.14 but I don't want to place too much faith in an unseen outfit. Under 2.5 goals - 1.85 - Betfair - Medium stakes. Correct score - 1-0 - 7.6 - Betfair - v. light.
Just a heads-up, Bendter is healing an injury and is doubtful, and I can't see Denmark rushing to throw him into a friendly.

Just for the record Latvia are ranked 46 in the world with Albania 79th and Belarus 82nd.I presume your not from Andorra or Honduras so you could be from one of those 3 countries and think your team is either better or worse than Belarus or else belarus is either better or worse than the other 2.Please enlighten us with more of your wisdom......

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May Quite fancy a speculative treble today having seen the odds on offer of 15/2 in the bookies earlier for a Danish, south african and honduran treble. Denmark look alright coming into the wc. They suffered a shock defeat last time out in the friendliest to Austria away. However they were unbeaten in qualification except for the final game against Hungary when they had top spot already secured. It was a tough group as well and they did well throughout. Senegal had a great win against Greece but this was more to do with Greece's inadequacies than anything else. They just lost to Mexico and were fortunate to only lose by the one goal. They struggled in qualification and I can see them struggling againd today. South Africa are finally getting their act together after a poor run and are now unbeaten in over 6 games. Columbia don't travel well and apart from the Paraguay game they haven't won an away game in over two years. In front of a sell out 75,000 crowd and with the host nation beginning to get really geared up, I can see the home side doing the business. Honduras aren't playing fantastically well but with the incentive of the wc and with Belarus missing a couple of key players, they could easily get their preparations back on track. Probably the dodgiest of the three but still took my fancy. Honduras, South Africa and Denmark treble @ 15/2

Fancied that myself :hope but might just stick with a Denmark and South Africa double.
Would you want to risk too much on Denmark without Bendtner? He is for me their only huge goal threat. Unders still seem to me a great bet.

There will not be home advantage as the game will be played on the neutral ground.
You're right, Bet365 misled me. I am thinking of trying to get my money back as they do not have it down as at a neutral venue. It was only a small stake luckily, but I would not have backed Slovakia had I known it was to be played in Austria.

Would you want to risk too much on Denmark without Bendtner? He is for me their only huge goal threat. Unders still seem to me a great bet.
Didn't know he was out! Ill just leave these friendlies alone then, too much risk involved.

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May Going to get this in early. Chile @ 1.44 - Totesport / Paddy Power. + various others V Northern Ireland. Chile to win to nil @ 2.3 - Paddy Power. Northern Ireland will likely still have to play a very youthful and inexperienced side out in Chile for this friendly fixture. Chile will probably be splitting their squad between this fixture and another friendly fixture they are playing later the same day against Israel. With places up for grabs in the final twenty three, and even starting places for the WC final fixture against Honduras up for grabs, I can't see anything other than another routine defeat for Northern Ireland here. Big things are expected of Chile next month, and this will be a good chance to string together a couple of confidence boosting wins. They warmed up with a 3-0 win over Zambia earlier in the week, and something similar could be on the cards against a depleted N.Irish side.

I'm tempted by Honduras on Thursday. Belarus V Honduras @ 2.26 - Betfair. Belarus are an industrious Eastern European international side that I rate above the Andorra's of European football, but still around the same mark as Latvia or Albania. For this fixture, Belarus miss their two most experienced midfielders in, Aliaksandr Hleb and Aliaksandr Kulchiy. That leaves them very light in midfield, and lacking in any serious creativity. Their squad doesn't really fill me with much confidence, regarding goal scoring ability. Honduras on the other hand, kick off their first pre WC fixture at full strength and plan to put out their best eleven. This fixture is also being played in a neutral venue in Austria. .
Maybe you will change your mind about Belarus after this match Jase :lol 2-1 ATM after 1-0 down and Honduras are so shite :ok

Yeah Jase was thinking that myself unders does looks the best bet. Well Spotted UltraVirus i never had a chance to get on, but good luck anyway P.SSouth Africa are unreliable to many of there matches end in draws

Unders still seem to me a great bet.
Thanks to your advice I found better odds mate. While Denmark was around 1.5, under was 1.85. South Africa and Denmark under 2.5, nice profit:ok

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May A Serbia, Spain and Mexico treble @ 2.16 (Bwin)is what grabs me, off the bat. Maybe England (pending team) and Chile (v N.Ireland) in a double @ 1.86 (Paddypower) for Sunday, though I'm not sure about the two Chile team thing. Ukraine could be interesting, after Mahno's info about their last match, but I imagine info on that game will be scarce, and we'll be depending on him again :)

Thanks to your advice I found better odds mate. While Denmark was around 1.5' date=' under was 1.85. South Africa and Denmark under 2.5, nice profit:ok[/quote'] Ultravires tipped it :ok

A Serbia' date= Spain and Mexico treble @ 2.16 (Bwin)is what grabs me, off the bat. Maybe England (pending team) and Chile (v N.Ireland) in a double @ 1.86 (Paddypower) for Sunday, though I'm not sure about the two Chile team thing. Ukraine could be interesting, after Mahno's info about their last match, but I imagine info on that game will be scarce, and we'll be depending on him again :)
Yes,an intresting match.Ukraine are @2.00 ATM wich is good value but i won't be touching us untill i know news from both sides. I'll be online somewhere on Saturday morning with full info about this match :ok Took Sebia and Spain are 97% winners i think

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May Not sure I'd want to get involved in Ukraine or Serbia tbh. Ukraine beating Lithuania 4-0 is one thing. But, this is Romania. Much better opposition. I'll await team news from both camps also. Serbia should win quite comfortably against a New Zealand side I rank in the bottom three at the WC. BUT, I think I'll use it more as a marker to either re-inforce the widly held belief about this Serbia team.....or maybe that there might be a little more to NZ than we expect. 1.4 is too short for me to take in a friendly situation. I'd only take that price if NZ were depleted. Regarding England, I also think their price is too short for a friendly also. On paper we should win comfortably, but we were poor against Mexico, and the 3-1 scoreline flattered us. The team will be much changed, so might be one to watch to see how Japan respond to playing a top side in world football.

Not sure I'd want to get involved in Ukraine or Serbia tbh. Ukraine beating Lithuania 4-0 is one thing. But, this is Romania. Much better opposition. I'll await team news from both camps also. Serbia should win quite comfortably against a New Zealand side I rank in the bottom three at the WC. BUT, I think I'll use it more as a marker to either re-inforce the widly held belief about this Serbia team.....or maybe that there might be a little more to NZ than we expect. 1.4 is too short for me to take in a friendly situation. I'd only take that price if NZ were depleted. Regarding England, I also think their price is too short for a friendly also. On paper we should win comfortably, but we were poor against Mexico, and the 3-1 scoreline flattered us. The team will be much changed, so might be one to watch to see how Japan respond to playing a top side in world football.
Agree with you about short odds Jase but most people here play double,trebles and accas so any 2 or 3 most likely winners with odds around @1.4 - @1.5 will make good price in total.I still think Serbia will have too much for NZ - they are etleast class above them.

Just for the record Latvia are ranked 46 in the world with Albania 79th and Belarus 82nd.I presume your not from Andorra or Honduras so you could be from one of those 3 countries and think your team is either better or worse than Belarus or else belarus is either better or worse than the other 2.Please enlighten us with more of your wisdom......
I'm not getting involved here other than to say I disagree that Belarus are the average Eastern European footballing nation - they're a good side and pass the ball well. They're quite solid defensively and have some very promising youngsters. All they lack is a classy finisher, in my opinion, which is why Milevskiy (Mahno's friend :dude) should have chosen to play for Belarus instead of Ukraine! Belarus have many swift attackers and workers but not much class up there, which is a shame as they have some good midfielders. They are very close to being a good side - I wouldn't underestimate them at any point and I definitely rate them above the likes of Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia, for example. Aside from that - carry on guys :cheers

I'm not getting involved here other than to say I disagree that Belarus are the average Eastern European footballing nation - they're a good side and pass the ball well. They're quite solid defensively and have some very promising youngsters. All they lack is a classy finisher, in my opinion, which is why Milevskiy (Mahno's friend :dude) should have chosen to play for Belarus instead of Ukraine! Belarus have many swift attackers and workers but not much class up there, which is a shame as they have some good midfielders. They are very close to being a good side - I wouldn't underestimate them at any point and I definitely rate them above the likes of Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia, for example. Aside from that - carry on guys :cheers
If Milya my best friend then Chygrynsky is your best defender mate :lol I wish Milya would go back to Belarus.We have few young strikers ATM and they should get some practice.If there would be football "diving" competition then clown Milevsky would get 1st place :lol Sorry,a bit offtopic...

Since 6th Feb 2008 Belarus have won 5 games beating Malta(ranked 157),Kazakstan twice(ranked 129) and Andorra twice(ranked 201).I know they might have played higher placed opposition but they're hardly world beaters.I don't know much about eastern european football so that's my arguement over......

Event Ireland - Algeria
Selection Ireland
Strength 10/10
Date 28/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Eurobet @ 1.83 (Back)
Reasoning Ireland still thinks on the place in the World Cup they deserved, but for a referee error, they can't be there. Now they are beginning to react and on the last game they defeated Paraguay. They felt a little revenged facing the winner of South America qualifying World Cup group. The decisive game against France and the referee error is still on their minds. And on this game against Paraguay the referee was not very well, denying a penalty to Ireland between other errors. But Ireland overcome that and once more they showed that their value is superior than many teams that will be on the World Cup finals. They won 2-1 and they could made even more goals. They are the clear favorite to win this game against Algeria. Ireland is moralized and they will play with confidence against a Algeria on safe mode.

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May Thinking of taking Turkey (3.25) to beat the US this weekend. The USA have one win in the last 6 games (all friendlies) while Turkey have won 6 of last 8, beating czech republic 2-1 while the USA lost to them last time out, 4-2. Turkey have won their two previous games whilst in the USA and I fancy them to continue this trend. Any news on whether the likes of Dempsey, Howard etc will play? Would be a different ball game if the Americans have a full strenght team out....

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May Azerbaijan - Macedonia under 2.5 1.8 Betfair looks very good. Azerbaijan in the last 15 games played 11 under 2.5 and 4 over (two of them when they lost 4:0 in Germany and 0:6 against Spain) and I think they can not score many goals in this game as well. On the other side Macedonia missing 3 players in the attack who started on the last game against Montenegro (won 2:1). One of them is the most important Inter's player Goran Pandev who will have a rest,The other two are Ace Stojkov and Ilco Naumoski. Naumoski is also with a big influence in the attack a he is regular in the team. There will not be problem in the defense so this one for me is under.

Azerbaijan - Macedonia under 2.5 1.8 Betfair looks very good. Azerbaijan in the last 15 games played 11 under 2.5 and 4 over (two of them when they lost 4:0 in Germany and 0:6 against Spain) and I think they can not score many goals in this game as well. On the other side Macedonia missing 3 players in the attack who started on the last game against Montenegro (won 2:1). One of them is the most important Inter's player Goran Pandev who will have a rest,The other two are Ace Stojkov and Ilco Naumoski. Naumoski is also with a big influence in the attack a he is regular in the team. There will not be problem in the defense so this one for me is under.
:welcome to PL ohridmkd - great 1st post. :ok

Since 6th Feb 2008 Belarus have won 5 games beating Malta(ranked 157)' date='Kazakstan twice(ranked 129) and Andorra twice(ranked 201).I know they might have played higher placed opposition but they're hardly world beaters.I don't know much about eastern european football so that's my arguement over......[/quote'] Watched Belarus twice vs Croatia in last quals and against Ukraine, they are a decent side and will get only better in next few years. Their main problem so far was IMO lack of tactical responsibility. They look like Werder sometimes, total football... After all you can't call a team which has Hleb "slightly better than Andorra". ;)

Azerbaijan - Macedonia under 2.5 1.8 Betfair looks very good. Azerbaijan in the last 15 games played 11 under 2.5 and 4 over (two of them when they lost 4:0 in Germany and 0:6 against Spain) and I think they can not score many goals in this game as well. On the other side Macedonia missing 3 players in the attack who started on the last game against Montenegro (won 2:1). One of them is the most important Inter's player Goran Pandev who will have a rest,The other two are Ace Stojkov and Ilco Naumoski. Naumoski is also with a big influence in the attack a he is regular in the team. There will not be problem in the defense so this one for me is under.
Welcome to the forum,thanks for the information....good luck with all your bets...