** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

International Friendlies > 2010

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May

I don't think a draw in Georgia is horrendous. I think Cameron have a good chance of second in their group. Possibly depends on just how much of a difference an African-based World Cup will have on the African sides.
I'd agree if the game was in Georgia but it wasn't - it was in Austria.

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd agree if the game was in Georgia but it wasn't - it was in Austria.
That does make it a bit worse. Eto'o didn't play, though, which I imagine makes a significant difference to such a side.
is there any team news ahead of france tomorow, due to the whole gallas crash thing??
http://www.goal.com/en/news/468/internationals/2010/05/25/1941940/friendly-international-preview-france-costa-rica

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May International friendlies are indeed tricky to call but leading up to the world cup when squads have not yet been chosen can inspire players to perform well to cement their places. No coach will be impressed by average performances. I rate Holland as a solid outfit so given that England played very average and beat Mexico plus the fact Holland will have fresh players shouts a win for them in this game for me. Got odds of 4/6 for them but now down to 1.5 and doubled that up with France who really should win against Costa Rica if they have any ambition to do well in the world cup. Bet pays just under evens. Also fancy Turkey to beat Northern Ireland and Chile to beat Zambia which doubled up pays even money. Just beware as Turkey and Holland games are at Neutral venues. At the weekend England at 1/2 against the Japenese that got turned over easily by South Korea should be considered in a double/treble - last chance to impress Fabio!!

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May yeh i like the look of turkey seeing as though northern ireland arent the greatest by any stretch of the imagination. not sure about chile, know nothing about them to be honest, not sure what kind of team they will put out. Had Nigeria tonight and they looked terrible :\

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May I think Turkey will win easily. We played great against Czech Rep. And players are trying to show themselves to the new coach Guus Hiddink. We have full squad and some special players like Arda Turan or Nihat Kahveci both of them scored last match and in form.

USA

Lineup [4-4-2]

1 T. Howard
6 S. Cherundolo
5 O. Onyewu
25 C. Goodson
12 J. Bornstein
7 S. Holden
4 M. Bradley
26 M. Edu
10 L. Donovan
8 C. Dempsey
17 J. Altidore
Substitutes
18 B. Guzan
2 J. Spector
36 E. Johnson
3 C. Bocanegra
8 H. Gomez
20 F. J. Torres
19 R. Rogers
Coach
Bob Bradley

Info

Stadium

Rentschler Field

Czech Republic

Lineup [4-4-2]

1 P. Cech
O. Kusnir
17 J. Rajnoch
11 D. Pudil
18 T. Sivok
17 T. Hübschman
13 J. Plasil
7 L. Sionko
8 J. Polak
10 D. Lafata
9 M. Fenin
Substitutes
16 A. Kinsky
9 M. Papadopoulos
3 A. Hlousek
8 J. Stajner
2 Z. Grygera
4 D. Rozehnal
7 T. Necid
M. Cerny
Coach
Ivan Hasek

I like Ireland @ 8/5 :clap but unsure whether to take the bet, due to Shay Given not being in goal. Ireland have become much more solid team under Trapattoni, he has also stated he will be putting out an experienced team tonight. Paraguay also dont travel well. But at times are a stubborn hard working team capable of grinding out results, so 1-1 an 0-0 cover bets are advised.
Makes up for the Under lost :ok

any news on netherlands - mexico game, players..ect if england can beat mexico..i don't see why netherlands can't.. advice needed!:clap
Easy win for my home land Netherlands i think this because of the players who want to play them in the team because Bert V. Marwijk still hassent made out wich players are going with him to South Africa. With this motivation it is a important game to the players. The only problem is that he is going to spare Robben, Sneijder, V. Bommel who just joined the group. Holland and turkey in the double for me today. :hope

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May Turkey -1 looks the way to go tonight.Northern Ireland have named their side,playing 4 5 1 which includes 5 irish league players.Turks players playing at a higher level so cant see past at least a two goal win for them.

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May Not sure if the weather has been mentioned but its going to be about 90 degrees F by ko apparently..difficult to see anything other than a Turkey win, some of the NI players are not even used to playing in first team squads let alone in that heat against a reasonably decent outfit, NI manager has also indicated he intends to use the full 17 players and is going to be looking at individuals performances with a view to future games..taken straight win @1.5, [email protected] and [email protected] all bet365..

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May Turkey big time for me today. They're still a decent outfit who only missed out on the world cup by losing to Belgium once and Spain twice, nothing to be ashamed of if we're honest. They also got to the semis o the last euros with much the same players as they have now. They just beat the Czechs in their last match playing their full team or close to it. They've a very strong squad to complement that also. With one of the best manager in the world at the helm and playing in such heat that will suit them a lot more than their opponents, it looks good for them. Northern Ireland are a relatively poor team outside Windsor park at the best of times but throw in 5 players from the northern Irish league along with a 17 year old debutant and it's a particularly weak team. They lost to Albania last tine out and I can't see today being any different. Turkey -1 @ 7/5, big stakes.

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May TURKEY -1AH @ 1.69.....Much the same reasoning as above.I know it's a friendly but there are too many factors for me to ignore.The NI league players play in the setanta cup against teams here in the South and usually the southern teams come out on top depending on how seriously they take the competition.Most of the players in the South can't even get on the Rep of Ireland squad not to mind the team. Secondly as mentioned above by a Turkish fan,Turkey beat the Czechs 2-1 and the Czechs then went on to beat the USA 4-2 on State soil last night.It's hot,the team hasn't played together and they're playing with 1 up front.I can't see them holding onto the ball too much and they could be chasing it around a bit. I want to say again that friendlies are unpredictable but I made a bit on Croatia vs Wales.Didn't bet last night but Mahno stated that Lithuania had an experimental side out,they lost 4-0.They don't come much more experimental than the NI side today..........medium stakes for me.....

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May Im also jumping on the NI getting pumped bandwagon. I just think Turkey are far too strong and will be lining up to take pot shots at a shell shocked Irish side. The heat, the venue, the experimental team and Turkeys new Man in charge all point to backing the Turks. Ive gone a bit riskier on the -2 but nothing ventured nothing gained. Unsure on the Holland team or expectations but Mexico playing in US, isnt that considered a 'home' game for them? I thought they played quite a few games in the US throughout the year.

What about France-Costa Rica tonight? Anyone know where this is taking place, or team news? Of course you'd say it should be a France win... but I bet on Portugal this week :cry:cry:cry
Might be a bit crazy, but I fancy both teams to score in this one... I can't trust France to keep a clean sheet with their recent performances, but they should win this one tonight. Sorry about Portugal mate, I know quite a few people that got done on that one. I know one guy that put his student loan on it. Not a happy bunny.

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May I like the look of Ireland against Algeria. I didn't watch the match last night against Paraguay but winning 2-1 against Paraguay is a good enough result to instill some confidence in me against Algeria. Fair enough they are in the WC and all that but they are pretty weak by all accounts. I will have to look for team news and some further info on the relative strength of Paraguay's team last night, but this is one I am looking at. Also I quite like Denmark at home to Senegal tomorrow...

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May I would wait for Line ups on France. They look like bankers on paper but I would think twice about dropping a bollock on them.. France are not on good form at all and should be avoided in Friendlies at those odds. They struggled just like Portugal to qualify and have trouble scoring goals. That's a big problem if you are trying to win matches even if it is against teams like Costa Rica. Costa Rica aren't that bad either to be honest, they play with alot of determination and are quite quick and skillful. Why take the risk at a skimpy 1.30 or less ? Atleast watch the game and bet in play if you have to or see a good opportunity.

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May First instinct is to back Turkey -1 looking at where the game is being played, the temperature, Hiddink being there and Ireland's team but has anyone got any ideas on how Turkey may line-up?

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May NL -Mexico NL without sneijder,bommel,robben,van persie. And we can expect an experimental line up from Bert v. Marwijk. imo NL will take this. But keep in mind the last 3 friendly's without normal line up all ended 0-0.

I would wait for Line ups on France.
TEAM NEWS France Raymond Domenech has finalised his squad of 23 to travel to the World Cup, and it will be from that panel that he selects his side on Wednesday. Recent training sessions have seen France switch to a 4-3-3 formation, with the main surprise being the inclusion on Andre-Pierre Gignac in a wide attacking role. William Gallas continues to toil with a calf injury and though he has been involved in the training exercises, it may be a little premature to risk him in a match situation. There are no other injury issues to report at present. Probable Starting XI: Lloris; Sagna, Squillaci, Abidal, Evra; Gourcuff, Toulalan, Malouda; Gignac, Henry, Ribery Costa Rica Carlos Hernandez gave the coaching staff a worry when he felt some discomfort in his left leg, but the versatile Melbourne Victory midfielder, who is one of only five players in the squad to have won more than 30 caps, has been training fully and will be fit to take his place in the starting XI. Probable Starting XI: Navas; Myrie, Sequeira, Segares, Diaz; Bolanos, Azofeifa, Barrantes, Hernandez; Ruiz, Parks From: http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/news/friendly-international-preview-france-costa--fbintl,goal-friendlyinternationalprevie.html

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May hi im new here, and i put £75 on... Turkey, -1,-1.5 asian handicap + moldova, -1,-1.5 asian handicap as a double. roughly 8-1. i read the posts here that why i took turkey but moldova was a complete gamble :unsure, does anyone have any information in this match? thanks.

TEAM NEWS France Raymond Domenech has finalised his squad of 23 to travel to the World Cup, and it will be from that panel that he selects his side on Wednesday. Recent training sessions have seen France switch to a 4-3-3 formation, with the main surprise being the inclusion on Andre-Pierre Gignac in a wide attacking role. William Gallas continues to toil with a calf injury and though he has been involved in the training exercises, it may be a little premature to risk him in a match situation. There are no other injury issues to report at present. Probable Starting XI: Lloris; Sagna, Squillaci, Abidal, Evra; Gourcuff, Toulalan, Malouda; Gignac, Henry, Ribery Costa Rica Carlos Hernandez gave the coaching staff a worry when he felt some discomfort in his left leg, but the versatile Melbourne Victory midfielder, who is one of only five players in the squad to have won more than 30 caps, has been training fully and will be fit to take his place in the starting XI. Probable Starting XI: Navas; Myrie, Sequeira, Segares, Diaz; Bolanos, Azofeifa, Barrantes, Hernandez; Ruiz, Parks From: http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/news/friendly-international-preview-france-costa--fbintl,goal-friendlyinternationalprevie.html
There's no way i'd touch them at that price. The team is not in good shape at all. It's a friendly and it's very unpredictable as France could have a stormer and whipp em 5-0, but I wouldn't be shocked if ended 0-0.. This team is not on form.. Far from it. I would say Portugal are in better form and they drew against a worse side than Costa Rica.. I don't usually back teams that are struggling and this team has been struggling for a long time. I would rather be the Bookie on this one. I would Lay France rather than back them.