** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

International Friendlies > 2010

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May

hi im new here, and i put £75 on... Turkey, -1,-1.5 asian handicap + moldova, -1,-1.5 asian handicap as a double. roughly 8-1. i read the posts here that why i took turkey but moldova was a complete gamble :unsure, does anyone have any information in this match? thanks.
:welcome to PL. Please provide reasoning behind your picks on this thread :ok Selections only, go here...... http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f6/midweek-bets-24-27-may-102668/ I don't understand why you would take Moldova without doing the research first? Also, begging for information is generally frowned on at PL because people will post the information if they have it. If not, the information will be available on the net somewhere.

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May NI v Turkey I agree with everyone on the Turkey pick. I've gone in @1.50 for the win..Thats good enough for me. NI are going to be up against it and TUrkey should have no probs scoring.

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May Hi guys I'm really interested in this Turkey game, but I just can't decide which bet to go for: Turkey (-3) corner handicap Turkey -1.25 AH Turkey to win HT In their last 3 games Turkey have been winning at half time, and have gone on to win at full time... Northern Ireland have a second string squad for this game and will be playing in heat that the Irish will have never experienced (forecast 90 degrees!). I can't find any corner statistics to back up the handicap, I just feel Northern Ireland are a defensive team and will be backs against the wall for most of the game. Anyone know a site for corner statistics? Cheers. :ok

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May I'm tempted by Honduras on Thursday. Belarus V Honduras @ 2.26 - Betfair. Belarus are an industrious Eastern European international side that I rate above the Andorra's of European football, but still around the same mark as Latvia or Albania. For this fixture, Belarus miss their two most experienced midfielders in, Aliaksandr Hleb and Aliaksandr Kulchiy. That leaves them very light in midfield, and lacking in any serious creativity. Their squad doesn't really fill me with much confidence, regarding goal scoring ability. Honduras on the other hand, kick off their first pre WC fixture at full strength and plan to put out their best eleven. This fixture is also being played in a neutral venue in Austria. I also like UNDER 2.5 goals @ 1.89 - Betfair. Belarus are lacking any real goal threat, experience, and / or creativity in midfield, or attack. Their typical Eastern European style will be industrious. While Honduras had the meanest defence in WC qualifying. This will probably be a fresh test for both because of the differing styles of play to what they are used to. I just fancy Honduras to get the better of Belarus by one or two goals to nil.

Northern Ireland team announced....3 of them(McCauley' date='McGivern and Craigan) started their last world cup qualifer against the Czech Rep in October[/quote'] So their team is poor then?? What do you think of the corner handicap?? I just feel like Northern Ireland are a defensive team even with a full squad.

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May Turkish Team ---------Onur Kivrak--------- Sabri--İ.Toroman--Servet--Caner -----------Nuri Sahin----------- ----Selçuk İnan-----Hamit Altintop Kazım Kazım-----Tuncay-----Ozan İpek Very strong team imho.

Hi guys I'm really interested in this Turkey game, but I just can't decide which bet to go for: Turkey (-3) corner handicap Turkey -1.25 AH Turkey to win HT In their last 3 games Turkey have been winning at half time, and have gone on to win at full time... Northern Ireland have a second string squad for this game and will be playing in heat that the Irish will have never experienced (forecast 90 degrees!). I can't find any corner statistics to back up the handicap, I just feel Northern Ireland are a defensive team and will be backs against the wall for most of the game. Anyone know a site for corner statistics? Cheers. :ok
I'd stick with the Turkey to win bet, but maybe leave out the HT bet, and the corner bet. imo, the Northern Irish players will have experienced heat before....it's not like it doesn't get hot in Ireland :eyes If anything, they are more likely to tire toward the end of the game. Wales put out a depleted squad against Croatia, and it took the Croats until late in the first half before they could find the break through. Regarding the corner bet, there probably are sites out there that offer information on national teams corner ratings, but I am unaware of them :ok We also don't know what the N.Irish players are like ability wise, and we also have no idea how many corners Turkey are likely to press for in this situation. Difficult one to call for me. Whatever you chose to go with, please include the bookmaker along with your selection, so that other people can follow you easily :) GL :ok

So their team is poor then?? What do you think of the corner handicap?? I just feel like Northern Ireland are a defensive team even with a full squad.
Yes I think their team is weakened.Only 3 of their regular starting 11 available...I don't do corner bets so I don't know but I certainly think NI will be under pressure today and therefore they should concede more corners....

Hi guys I'm really interested in this Turkey game, but I just can't decide which bet to go for: Turkey (-3) corner handicap @ 2 Turkey -1.25 AH @ 2.1 Turkey to win HT@ 2 In their last 3 games Turkey have been winning at half time, and have gone on to win at full time... Northern Ireland have a second string squad for this game and will be playing in heat that the Irish will have never experienced (forecast 90 degrees!). I can't find any corner statistics to back up the handicap, I just feel Northern Ireland are a defensive team and will be backs against the wall for most of the game. Anyone know a site for corner statistics? Cheers. :ok
Of course sorry Jase mate.. All bets are with Bet365.

I'd stick with the Turkey to win bet, but maybe leave out the HT bet, and the corner bet. imo, the Northern Irish players will have experienced heat before....it's not like it doesn't get hot in Ireland :eyes If anything, they are more likely to tire toward the end of the game. Wales put out a depleted squad against Croatia, and it took the Croats until late in the first half before they could find the break through. Regarding the corner bet, there probably are sites out there that offer information on national teams corner ratings, but I am unaware of them :ok We also don't know what the N.Irish players are like ability wise, and we also have no idea how many corners Turkey are likely to press for in this situation. Difficult one to call for me. Whatever you chose to go with, please include the bookmaker along with your selection, so that other people can follow you easily :) GL :ok
Ireland very very rarely experiences the kind of heat you get in Turkey or the USA so I think this will have more of an effect on the NI boys....

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May anyone watching the turkey vs northern ireland match ?? is it worth baking turkey since the odds are gone up ?? like i see the turkeys lineups and to me it looks a pretty strong one ???

anyone watching the turkey vs northern ireland match ?? is it worth baking turkey since the odds are gone up ?? like i see the turkeys lineups and to me it looks a pretty strong one ???
What answer do you want? If you are unsure, I would suggest that you save your money :ok Much better opportunities around. Turkey are at best 1.72 now live betting. Whether you take them or not is purely your call, and no one can make that decision for you.

anyone watching the turkey vs northern ireland match ?? is it worth baking turkey since the odds are gone up ?? like i see the turkeys lineups and to me it looks a pretty strong one ???
Go to live chat mate,but very boring match so far.Young boys stand their ground ATM.Turkey play some primitive football.

Re: International Friendlies > 19th May - 26th May France v Costa Rica France are switching to a 4-3-3 formation tonight. A more attacking formation. That could suit them better.. Read below.. France coach Raymond Domenech has switched to a 4-3-3 formation for Wednesday's friendly match against Costa Rica, dropping his usual two holding midfielders for a more attacking style. Domenech has long favored a cautious 4-2-3-1 lineup with Jeremy Toulalan and Lassana Diarra providing a shield in front of the defense, but Domenech had a rethink after Diarra went home last week because of a genetic red-blood cell disorder. Domenech's team struggled to score throughout a tortuous World Cup qualifying campaign, and the change may herald a fresh approach in South Africa next month. Nicolas Anelka started Wednesday's game at center-forward, with Bordeaux's Yoann Gourcuff and Chelsea's Florent Malouda either side of Toulalan in a new midfield.

NL -Mexico NL without sneijder,bommel,robben,van persie. And we can expect an experimental line up from Bert v. Marwijk. imo NL will take this. But keep in mind the last 3 friendly's without normal line up all ended 0-0.
Van Persie did well to score twice seeing he was not playing :spank

Might be a bit crazy' date=' but I fancy both teams to score in this one... I can't trust France to keep a clean sheet with their recent performances, but they should win this one tonight. Sorry about Portugal mate, I know quite a few people that got done on that one. I know one guy that put his student loan on it. Not a happy bunny.[/quote'] :eek Luckily I didn't have anything that big riding on it. Anyway good call on both teams to score!

International friendlies are indeed tricky to call but leading up to the world cup when squads have not yet been chosen can inspire players to perform well to cement their places. No coach will be impressed by average performances. I rate Holland as a solid outfit so given that England played very average and beat Mexico plus the fact Holland will have fresh players shouts a win for them in this game for me. Got odds of 4/6 for them but now down to 1.5 and doubled that up with France who really should win against Costa Rica if they have any ambition to do well in the world cup. Bet pays just under evens. Also fancy Turkey to beat Northern Ireland and Chile to beat Zambia which doubled up pays even money. Just beware as Turkey and Holland games are at Neutral venues. At the weekend England at 1/2 against the Japenese that got turned over easily by South Korea should be considered in a double/treble - last chance to impress Fabio!!
Nice little return on the Holland Turkey double though as I type France are making hard work of it!

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May

surely the bet here has to be denmark' date=' watched the nigeria game and the african teams really dont look the part[/quote'] Senegal won at Greece recently. Thats what worries me about that game.

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May

I like the look of Ireland against Algeria. I didn't watch the match last night against Paraguay but winning 2-1 against Paraguay is a good enough result to instill some confidence in me against Algeria. Fair enough they are in the WC and all that but they are pretty weak by all accounts. I will have to look for team news and some further info on the relative strength of Paraguay's team last night, but this is one I am looking at. Also I quite like Denmark at home to Senegal tomorrow...
I'd be careful with that one. Ireland didn't have to do anything spectacular to get the two goals they scored - Paraguay gifted them both with bad defending and bad goalkeeping respectively during a lethargic half. Paraguay showed their true colours in the second half desipte numerous key missing players and dominated the half, limiting the Irish to counter-attacks. Ireland are never easy to beat but they don't score many either. Algeria are a feisty side that are good on the ball, as well as being one of the few African nations with any idea of what "tactics" are. They underpin their overall ability by being rash and often finishing without eleven men on the field but their ability to create and score goals shouldn't be underestimated. I think a determined display from both sides would result in a 0-0 or 1-1 draw but I wouldn't be happy backing either side to win it. Good luck if you take it!

Van Persie did well to score twice seeing he was not playing :spank
lol ^.^ well FCUpdate (dutch site) brought the news persie was going to be rested.. anyway the bet went through so :ok

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May My pick would be Slovakia to beat Cameroon @2.87- Bet365. I think Slovakia should be favourites to win this game. Yes, Cameroon are higher in world rankings but their record against teams from outside Africa over the last five years is poor. They were very poor in their recent friendly against Georgia, drawing 0-0 on neutral ground. Slovakia are a much better side than Georgia and have home advantage.

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May ~

Event Denmark - Senegal
Selection Denmark AH -1 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 27/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.02 (Back)
Reasoning Denmark is qualified for the World Cup and they are 35th placed on FIFA ranking. His last game was against Austria on 03/03/2010 where they lost 2-1 (on a friendly game), they won against 3-0 against Thaïlande on 23/01/2010 also on a friendly game. The last time they played against Senegal was on 06/06/2002 on the World Cup at Daegu and they draw 1-1. After the disaster of missing the World Cup and CAN, Senegal is recovering slowly with Amara Traoré. The last win on Greece (2-0) show it. Without Niang and Diawara today, Senegal won't be at their maximum force.

Re: International Friendlies > Weekend > Thursday 27th May - Sunday 30th May Chile are fixed to play both Northern Ireland AND Israel this Sunday in two different stadia in Chile.Anyone enlighten us on this?